$10 off PS All-Stars Battle Royale Vita, $10 off MLB 12 Vita, $5 off Nintendo Selects

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

Save $10 on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only. PS Vita only.
In store only.

$24.99 Mass Effect 3 for PC
Save $5. Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only.
In store only.

Save $5 on Any Nintendo Selects Wii Game
Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only.
In store only.

Get $10 off MLB 12: The Show for PS Vita
Step up to the plate and get ready for MLB 12: The Show. The fall classic is back and better than ever on the PlayStation Vita. For a limited time, members get $10 off.
In store only.

Offers expire 01/19/2013, in-store only!

You must "claim offer" on the MyRZ.com website or Best Buy smartphone app for the discount to show up. No need to print the coupon out. If done correctly a prompt should come up on the cashier's screen to accept the package discount.

*Offer(s) might be different depending on, if you are GC Unlocked, or GC Regular. All offers I post will be based on GC Unlocked since I am a GC Unlocked member*

Last edited by a moderator:
I was denied the $20 MW3 at Union Square NY after giving my GCU number. Did I miss something or did I get a bad employee?

[quote name='morpheus47']I was denied the $20 MW3 at Union Square NY after giving my GCU number. Did I miss something or did I get a bad employee?[/QUOTE]
GCU number? I hope you meant RZ number...

Because once they look up you are a RZ member AND GCU, then there is a prompt asking the cashier to accept the offer. The offer is for $40 off.

And thanks to j2damuahz for posting and helping the NYC CAGs out. As mentioned, there are Twisted Metal LE copies at the Chelsea (23rd and 6th Ave) store!

[quote name='morpheus47']I was denied the $20 MW3 at Union Square NY after giving my GCU number. Did I miss something or did I get a bad employee?[/QUOTE]

You have to claim the offer online first. if you don't, you're SOL and JWF

WOW....this game came out on Valentines Day and its still showing up as $60 @ BB.com!! Talk about resell value holding up lol

BTW- are there any LE editions still available at the BB on 23rd & Lexington Ave?? I might drop by tomorrow.

[quote name='rieper']WOW....this game came out on Valentines Day and its still showing up as $60 @ BB.com!! Talk about resell value holding up lol

BTW- are there any LE editions still available at the BB on 23rd & Lexington Ave?? I might drop by tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

we have a good amount. I put some extras out in the morning and if there not there just ask a associate for the Limited Edition copy.

if you read a few post above you jiggyteddy confirmed it.

[quote name='rieper']WOW....this game came out on Valentines Day and its still showing up as $60 @ BB.com!! Talk about resell value holding up lol

BTW- are there any LE editions still available at the BB on 23rd & Lexington Ave?? I might drop by tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Are you talking about the Chelsea store in NYC (23rd and 6th Ave)?

If so then yes there are LE copies as stated by a CAG here in the thread. If not on the shelf, you might have to ask them to pull it from the back room.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Sorry if it's been answered, but I don't see it clearly stated one way ora nother on the coupon...can I use the MW3 coupon for a used copy?[/QUOTE]

Negative

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Sorry if it's been answered, but I don't see it clearly stated one way ora nother on the coupon...can I use the MW3 coupon for a used copy?[/QUOTE]

Tried arguing that with the manager at my store, was told that they consider used to be "open box". Makes sense, and regardless it's still a good deal for a new copy

The store I went to today didn't have any Twisted Metal LE, and no employee to be found, so I just grabbed a regular copy and called it a day. Still a great deal!

[quote name='jedolley']I apologize if this question has already been asked...

What's everyone's opinion on MW3 for $20 as a single player game? I'm not that interested in playing on ling (may try it out though), but my main motivation if I got it would be for the SP campaign.[/QUOTE]

campaign is great ... remember you still have the spec op mode. survival and missions. that adds extra hrs of gameplay .

please elaborate on "denied".

Got a LE TM at the infamous nyc store! was gonna try for 2 copies but there were some issues while checking out. hopefully there'll still be some on the weekend so I can get one for my ps3 backlog

[quote name='mightymek']The store I went to today didn't have any Twisted Metal LE, and no employee to be found, so I just grabbed a regular copy and called it a day. Still a great deal![/QUOTE]

Yeah I got the last copy in the store I went too, I saw a used LE copy on the pre-owned rack, took a quick peak at it only to see TM: Black was a digital download only and got my game, with no qualms about not having the code, if it was on disc I would have been a bit more disappointed, otherwise I can just pop in the PS2 version and play away.

Great deal anyway, thanks OP.

Thanks OP! Inland Empire CAGer here, went to BB picked up reg edition, stopped at local TRU who has TONS of LEs, then just swapped them xD deal at $20!

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Sorry if it's been answered, but I don't see it clearly stated one way ora nother on the coupon...can I use the MW3 coupon for a used copy?[/QUOTE]it's clearly stated, the SKU's are listed on the coupon itself & used copies have diff ones

[quote name='Kenshindono']Question: does TM have the same upc for the limited and regular edition? I set one for store pickup earlier in the week, and was gonna see if it was the LE or not. [/QUOTE]pretty sure diff UPC

Just FYI: Both the LE and regular edition have the same UPC

I picked a copy up today, but they didn't have the LE. I went to Target and they did have one left. Unfortunatly looking at it it has the back totally crushed.. I really Dont get why Target does this now. It wasn't a display piece so someone must have got it elsewhere and returned it there. So my choice is get the regular BB one, or keep the broken LE one

Question: Does the LE versiuon have the Sweet Tooth skin for Starhawk? When you look at the cover the Best Buy regular edition says it has a Sweet Tooth star hawk character skin. Which is cool. However the LE only says it comes with a copy of Twisted Metal Black.. no mention of the skin. Does it have it as well or not? It just seems odd to me that the LE would miss content that the regular edition comes with. Anyone know whats up with that?

[quote name='Kenshindono']Just FYI: Both the LE and regular edition have the same UPC

I picked a copy up today, but they didn't have the LE. I went to Target and they did have one left. Unfortunatly looking at it it has the back totally crushed.. I really Dont get why Target does this now. It wasn't a display piece so someone must have got it elsewhere and returned it there. So my choice is get the regular BB one, or keep the broken LE one

Question: Does the LE versiuon have the Sweet Tooth skin for Starhawk? When you look at the cover the Best Buy regular edition says it has a Sweet Tooth star hawk character skin. Which is cool. However the LE only says it comes with a copy of Twisted Metal Black.. no mention of the skin. Does it have it as well or not? It just seems odd to me that the LE would miss content that the regular edition comes with. Anyone know whats up with that?[/QUOTE]same SKU too?

[quote name='Kenshindono']Just FYI: Both the LE and regular edition have the same UPC

Question: Does the LE versiuon have the Sweet Tooth skin for Starhawk? When you look at the cover the Best Buy regular edition says it has a Sweet Tooth star hawk character skin. Which is cool. However the LE only says it comes with a copy of Twisted Metal Black.. no mention of the skin. Does it have it as well or not? It just seems odd to me that the LE would miss content that the regular edition comes with. Anyone know whats up with that?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I saw a YouTube unboxing video.

Already have TM LE since release day so I grabbed up MW3. The cashier paused for like a good 30 seconds, looking SO confused after seeing it ring up for $20 on the register lol.
I told him "I can see that you don't know about the $40 discount on this and TM LE for the members."

Now my friends can get off my back about this dumbass game. I'm not even thinking about spending an extra $30 for some maps.

[quote name='InfinitiPJ']Already have TM LE since release day so I grabbed up MW3. The cashier paused for like a good 30 seconds, looking SO confused after seeing it ring up for $20 on the register lol.
I told him "I can see that you don't know about the $40 discount on this and TM LE for the members."

Now my friends can get off my back about this dumbass game. I'm not even thinking about spending an extra $30 for some maps.[/QUOTE]

LOL, that literally made me laugh.. Seriously COD is like the madden of the FPS world.. I just dont get it. Paying for maps would have been laughable back in the day for PC gaming. I just picked that game up too for the hella it. I still havent played past 1 either

If someone tells me where the SKU is for Twisted Metal, i can verify if the LE and regular edition have the same SKU.

^_^x KD

Picked up TM and MW3. My brother-in-law and I played TM for about 5 hours, then decided that it wasn't worth keeping around. The controls felt clunky to me, and while the story was great, it wasn't enough to keep me going. Never tried multiplayer though, which I hear is the standout part of the game. Ah well. Got $35 on the trade back to BB, so that was something.

I've enjoyed the MW3 campaign a lot, but I'll take BF3's multiplayer over MW3's any day. I'll probably give the brother-in-law MW3 in exchange for him helping out with lawn work. (Gotta love teenagers; "Will Work For Games")

[quote name='Kenshindono']

If someone tells me where the SKU is for Twisted Metal, i can verify if the LE and regular edition have the same SKU.

^_^x KD[/QUOTE]

Only SKU i found for Twisted metal on PS3 is 1072255, there is also a SKU for a pre owned version which is 2726096

Do any Best Buy's have the LE still available, I would buy the LE with this deal, 2 Twisted Metal games for $20 since you get a DLC code for Twisted Metal: Black with the LE, heck yea

I logged into my reward zone page and the Twisted Metal offer was there to redeem even though I'm not an unlocked member, just a regular gamers member. Might go later and see if it works. It has my name on top and "Just for". lol

[quote name='Se7en69']I logged into my reward zone page and the Twisted Metal offer was there to redeem even though I'm not an unlocked member, just a regular gamers member. Might go later and see if it works. It has my name on top and "Just for". lol[/QUOTE]These are for reg. RZ members but the MW3 offer is $40 off instead of what you see for GCU members.

[quote name='brak014']Only SKU i found for Twisted metal on PS3 is 1072255, there is also a SKU for a pre owned version which is 2726096

Do any Best Buy's have the LE still available, I would buy the LE with this deal, 2 Twisted Metal games for $20 since you get a DLC code for Twisted Metal: Black with the LE, heck yea[/QUOTE]

but where is the sku on the case? Id like to verify that they are the same number, but i have no idea what or where the sku is. I only saw the UPC

^_^x KD

[quote name='Kenshindono']but where is the sku on the case? Id like to verify that they are the same number, but i have no idea what or where the sku is. I only saw the UPC

^_^x KD[/QUOTE]

The SKU is only on the price sticker.

Got a killer deal today.

Went to my local BB and no go on any TM in stock. Drove to drop off some paperwork for a house I'm buying. Stopped at another BB on the way back, they only had 1 used TM in stock for $44.99.

Store manager let me use the $40 off coupon to get it for $4.99! The extra killer part was that I placed 2 orders for NFS: The Run back on the 17th, but my local store only had 1 copy. CS said no more copies locally or in the warehouse. This store happened to have 7 in stock from a drop shipment and let me get my 2nd copy that was cancelled for the same $4.99! I'm stoked!

Short story - Got TM used and NFS:The Run for $4.99 each +tax.

[quote name='Enuf']These are for reg. RZ members but the MW3 offer is $40 off instead of what you see for GCU members.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! I now hope they have Twisted Metal in stock and I can finally play it.

No Twisted Metal at my local store. Can I order it ship-to-store and apply the coupon after picking it up, doing a return and rebuy if I have to? Anyone successfully done this?

[quote name='GTCrash']No Twisted Metal at my local store. Can I order it ship-to-store and apply the coupon after picking it up, doing a return and rebuy if I have to? Anyone successfully done this?[/QUOTE]

the problem is the offer expires august 4, and it usually take 7 to 10 days to ship to store.

[quote name='YBX87']the problem is the offer expires august 4, and it usually take 7 to 10 days to ship to store.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I wondered about that. BB.com is projecting Aug 2, guess I'll take a chance.

The only thing that matters is if the UPC is different. That's what they scan. The Best Buy SKU is nowhere on the packaging.

Ugh, really want to find an LE but not sure if I want to spend the next few days driving to every BB in town, or playing the return swap tricks...

[quote name='GTCrash']No Twisted Metal at my local store. Can I order it ship-to-store and apply the coupon after picking it up, doing a return and rebuy if I have to? Anyone successfully done this?[/QUOTE]

Based on my experience, you can't apply any type of coupon to a ship to store/instore pickup after placing the order, so it would have to be a return/rebuy.

Can someone confirm whether the return/rebuy with $40 discount is allowed? It says on the coupon that it has to be in-stock, so seems ymmv.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a reward card member, but can I sign up at the store and pay the $15 there to unlock the reward zone and still pick up MW3 right then for $20?

[quote name='Investor']I'm not a reward card member, but can I sign up at the store and pay the $15 there to unlock the reward zone and still pick up MW3 right then for $20?[/QUOTE]

your chances are slim, and unlikely, but not impossible. it is up to you if you want to take that gamble

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I can apply the MW3 coupon to the MW3 Hardened edition correct? $$40 for it with MW3 vanilla traded in isn't bad at all.

[quote name='Geco17']Sorry if this has been asked before, but I can apply the MW3 coupon to the MW3 Hardened edition correct? $$40 for it with MW3 vanilla traded in isn't bad at all.[/QUOTE]

the answer is no, there is a sku # on the offer, it is obviously different from the hardened edition. but you might get lucky with an idiot employee, LOL

So here is what I learned checking out Best Buy, the SKU is the same on Twisted Metal Limited Edition and the regular one that just seems to come with a Starhawk skin. Even the Price tag on the display says its the Limited Edition, even though its not, unless the copies with the Starhawk skin are considered limited edition, I didn't end up picking it up, going to check other BB in my area and see if I have better luck in finding one with the Twisted Metal Black code. *fingers crossed*

[quote name='Investor']I'm not a reward card member, but can I sign up at the store and pay the $15 there to unlock the reward zone and still pick up MW3 right then for $20?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='YBX87']your chances are slim, and unlikely, but not impossible. it is up to you if you want to take that gamble[/QUOTE]
I disagree. All they have to do is scan your card and the discount is automatically applied, no need for the coupon

[quote name='shadowkast']I disagree. All they have to do is scan your card and the discount is automatically applied, no need for the coupon[/QUOTE]

The discrepancy is regarding wether or not the offer would show up on the account that soon. It doesn't seem like it's an automatic thing, and the offer must be "claimed" in order for the package discount to automatically show up on the POS terminal.

YMMV of course

It may cost you two trips, unless you have a Smartphone. I signed up (finally) for Unlocked today, and by the time I got home (maybe a 5 minute drive), I could already see the $40 dollar coupon online. I imagine it was nearly instant, so if you have a Smartphone you could probably pull up the coupon right on the spot.

Does anyone even play Twisted Metal online anymore? Every time I log on there's like 3 games going. Seems pretty dead for a game thats not even a year old...

If the system really updates that fast then you could always use their inventory/item search kiosks. I was able to log in to my rz account there and print out the coupon. You could also claim it from there, but I had already claimed mine.

[quote name='spedmunki']Does anyone even play Twisted Metal online anymore? Every time I log on there's like 3 games going. Seems pretty dead for a game thats not even a year old...[/QUOTE]

Quite a bit of drama when that game was released. I think it was pretty much DOA.

Got it at release and while it was fairly busy and online can be fun, it's a bit shallow for most tastes I think. So people moved on to other games.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Got it at release and while it was fairly busy and online can be fun, it's a bit shallow for most tastes I think. So people moved on to other games.[/QUOTE]

Is it at least worth $20 for its story mode and sometimes working online multiplayer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back