- Wipeout 2048
- Hot Shots Gold: World Invitational
- Little Deviants
- ModNation Racers: Roadtrip
- MLB 12 The Show
- Unit 13
- Reality Fighters

6954162755_345393be32_z.jpg

Offer good until 4/5/12, PowerUp Rewards Card required at time of discount.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xactionbobx']Just an update, I was trying this code online just now with Unit13. When I first entered my PUR acct. number and the code, it did not work for Unit13. I left Unit13 in my cart, clicked "continue shopping" and added MLB 12 to the cart. The discount applied properly. Removed MLB 12 from the cart, the discount then recalculated and applied to unit 13. Have not been able to reproduce this with any other games yet, but it does appear to work this way at the moment for unit 13, and of course, YMMV. Good luck![/QUOTE]

Just go to the store, works at the store. Tried F1 today at a different #5 and it didn't work.

[quote name='xactionbobx']Just an update, I was trying this code online just now with Unit13. When I first entered my PUR acct. number and the code, it did not work for Unit13. I left Unit13 in my cart, clicked "continue shopping" and added MLB 12 to the cart. The discount applied properly. Removed MLB 12 from the cart, the discount then recalculated and applied to unit 13. Have not been able to reproduce this with any other games yet, but it does appear to work this way at the moment for unit 13, and of course, YMMV. Good luck![/QUOTE]

Earlier when I was messing with the online ordering a little I figured out that for some reason the $10 off for Unit 13 didn't apply until you went to checkout.

[quote name='joker______']I'm getting a vita soon and I was wondering to anyone that has played Uncharted is it worth picking up now or wait on a price drop?[/QUOTE]

Meh, uncharted is cool, def good if u like the other entries in the series, but its hard to get into. Every 5 freakin minutes its use the touch pad, use the touch screen, tilt the vita, scrub this, flip that, take a picture of this, etc.

Its like whenever I finally started to feel like I was playing a uncharted game, I was pulled out of that immersion because I had to do some dumb minigame to continue......

Not worth $50.

[quote name='Slight Defect']Meh, uncharted is cool, def good if u like the other entries in the series, but its hard to get into. Every 5 freakin minutes its use the touch pad, use the touch screen, tilt the vita, scrub this, flip that, take a picture of this, etc.

Its like whenever I finally started to feel like I was playing a uncharted game, I was pulled out of that immersion because I had to do some dumb minigame to continue......

Not worth $50.[/QUOTE]

it kinda sounds like how the first year of ps3 was with the dumb sixaxis gimmick that ruined certain games. thank you for the honesty i guess ill wait till it hits $20 or below.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']WTH?!...I went last night & the girl scanned it & it went thru but when it was time to pay (checkout screen?), it went back to regular price & she said since my PUR Pro card expired, that's why it went back to regular price at the checkout screen or whatever. I'm gonna have to try this at another GS.[/QUOTE]

Didn't have time to go to another GS so went back to the same one but this time with a different employee. He was having the same issue just like the girl did last night. He was nice enough to do a forced $10 off instantly for Modnation Racers since he said I had the coupon on the spot. I wanna get Reality Fighters w/this promo b/c the demo was entertaining yet all the reviews say it's bad. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Damn I bought Unit 13 last night before I knew about the coupon. Well I printed it off and I'll go back in this week and get the $10 back.

[quote name='joker______']it kinda sounds like how the first year of ps3 was with the dumb sixaxis gimmick that ruined certain games. thank you for the honesty i guess ill wait till it hits $20 or below.[/QUOTE]

Playing through Killzone 2 right now, and I'm tired of fighting with the remote in order to turn one of the six identical valves that apparently only Sev can turn.

(Great game nonetheless.)

[quote name='Slight Defect']Meh, uncharted is cool, def good if u like the other entries in the series, but its hard to get into. Every 5 freakin minutes its use the touch pad, use the touch screen, tilt the vita, scrub this, flip that, take a picture of this, etc.

Not worth $50.[/QUOTE]

Stronly agree with this. I am a big Uncharted fan, but this game just didn't do it for me primarily because it looks beautiful and plays super smooth in between those touch pad add-on segments, but those things pop up so much they ruin the whole experience.

Not worth $50.[/QUOTE]

A. The touchscreen adds to the immersion for me. Being able to zoom in and out with the back touch screen while sniping, or taking pictures, being able to aim by tilting the system, etc added to the Uncharted experience for me. People keep complaining about the touch controls, but all they really did was replace actions in the console versions which required you to repeated smash the X-button to interact with something in the world. I prefer swiping up to lift a log out of the way instead of smashing a button myself.

B. The game is definitely worth $50. I would have been cool paying $60 for it. Overall, I feel it is a better game than Uncharted 3 in every way except for graphics. The story feels better, the characters really fit into the Uncharted world, and it actually flows better (Uncharted 3 jumped around more times than I could handle...it didn't know what it wanted to do). I have already spent around 25hrs on Golden Abyss and still have more to collect.

Tried this on the MLB12 show bundle at my local gamestop, didn't get the 10 bucks off. I ended up buying the bundle anyway. I love both, and I think Sony San Diego did a great job. It all depends on the IQ of your GS associate.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']A. The touchscreen adds to the immersion for me. Being able to zoom in and out with the back touch screen while sniping, or taking pictures, being able to aim by tilting the system, etc added to the Uncharted experience for me. People keep complaining about the touch controls, but all they really did was replace actions in the console versions which required you to repeated smash the X-button to interact with something in the world. I prefer swiping up to lift a log out of the way instead of smashing a button myself.

B. The game is definitely worth $50. I would have been cool paying $60 for it. Overall, I feel it is a better game than Uncharted 3 in every way except for graphics. The story feels better, the characters really fit into the Uncharted world, and it actually flows better (Uncharted 3 jumped around more times than I could handle...it didn't know what it wanted to do). I have already spent around 25hrs on Golden Abyss and still have more to collect.[/QUOTE]

I agree completely. The touch stuff isn't intrusive as a lot of it is optional. You don't have to tap to melee, you can still use square. Most of the rubbings are optional collectables. The use of the rear touchpad for zooming the rifle is really great because it allows you to adjust without taking your finger off either analog stick.

I even like the use of the gryoscope to fine-tune your aim. It becomes second nature after a few chapters.

[quote name='TheLastGunslinger']I agree completely. The touch stuff isn't intrusive as a lot of it is optional. You don't have to tap to melee, you can still use square. Most of the rubbings are optional collectables. The use of the rear touchpad for zooming the rifle is really great because it allows you to adjust without taking your finger off either analog stick.

I even like the use of the gryoscope to fine-tune your aim. It becomes second nature after a few chapters.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that you can also toggle the other control methods on and off if you so please..

Just went in to get Unit 13. Didn't print the coupon, just showed her the direct image on my phone. Walked out hassle free.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']A. The touchscreen adds to the immersion for me. Being able to zoom in and out with the back touch screen while sniping, or taking pictures, being able to aim by tilting the system, etc added to the Uncharted experience for me. People keep complaining about the touch controls, but all they really did was replace actions in the console versions which required you to repeated smash the X-button to interact with something in the world. I prefer swiping up to lift a log out of the way instead of smashing a button myself.

B. The game is definitely worth $50. I would have been cool paying $60 for it. Overall, I feel it is a better game than Uncharted 3 in every way except for graphics. The story feels better, the characters really fit into the Uncharted world, and it actually flows better (Uncharted 3 jumped around more times than I could handle...it didn't know what it wanted to do). I have already spent around 25hrs on Golden Abyss and still have more to collect.[/QUOTE]

I didnt complain about using the touchpad for sniper zooming or moving it to aim, those are optional, but do work well. It's pretty much every other use. It kills the Uncharted experience we have come to expect.

[quote name='SynGamer']You're BOTH wrong. A good game has BOTH a good story AND good gameplay.

/end discussion[/QUOTE]

Is that why mario games do amazingly well critically and commercially? What about all the story-less downloadable games that are awesome?

Looks like someone needs to expand their taste...

/end discussion

[quote name='darrenf619']Not to mention that you can also toggle the other control methods on and off if you so please..[/QUOTE]

ugh, but u have to scrub the dirt off of 50 items, u have to make a charcoal copy of things using the touch screen, you have to balance on a log or plank constantly by tilting the vita (especially at times where it seems like I should be in a hurry and its annoying), all in all, the controls for actual gameplay with includes shooting, aiming, zooming a sniper rifle and even the optional touch screen combat, all work well and ADD to the experience. Its all the other segments using the vita's special features that come up WAY to often and ergo, ruin the experience.

Ohh, and enjoy playing thru a second or third time, cause the tutorials in the first 8 chapters, u can't skip and its extremely annoying.

Yeah... so...

I had all intentions for getting Ridge Racer next week for $20 until I read the review from IGN. The game is essentially a 5 car 3 track TECH DEMO. They make it sound like it should be a $5 downloadable game.

And this leads to a rant...

I own a Vita, I own three games, I have screen protections, a Hori case, and a 32GB memory card. Stating that up front, this system SO FAR is a tremendous flop. The games are ports or not are blatant ripoffs of old games. Now I'm excited for new releases like Unit 13 and it's a bunch of mini games... Ridge Racer is a tech demo.

Seriously, what the hell is going on with this console?

[quote name='Romeo']Yeah... so...

I had all intentions for getting Ridge Racer next week for $20 until I read the review from IGN. The game is essentially a 5 car 3 track TECH DEMO. They make it sound like it should be a $5 downloadable game.

And this leads to a rant...

I own a Vita, I own three games, I have screen protections, a Hori case, and a 32GB memory card. Stating that up front, this system SO FAR is a tremendous flop. The games are ports or not are blatant ripoffs of old games. Now I'm excited for new releases like Unit 13 and it's a bunch of mini games... Ridge Racer is a tech demo.

Seriously, what the hell is going on with this console?[/QUOTE]

What are you playing? This has the best lineup of any console that I have been directly involved with.

What "good" game did the 3DS have before SM3D Land came out? And how many months AFTER launch was that?

Vita has:

Uncharted
Little Deviants
ModNation
Unit 13

and the ports aren't crappy dumbed down.

Rayman Origins
MLB 12 The Show
EA Sports FIFA
Wipeout

are still very good.

I mean your shitting on a console that has been out what... three weeks? for not having good games?

wow

[quote name='GBAstar']What are you playing? This has the best lineup of any console that I have been directly involved with.

I mean your shitting on a console that has been out what... three weeks? for not having good games?

wow[/QUOTE]

I own Uncharted, Hot Shots, and just picked up Modnation.

I'm angry how Sony is handling the system, not whining about bad games so soon.

A 32GB micro SD card is $27 shipped on AMZ. A 16GB is $12. Same prices from Sony for the SAME memory card shaped different? $100 and $60. USB cord? $15 since it's proprietary. Should be illegal.

Next up games... the best rated game I've seen is Rayman, which is a console port with less content (no multiplayer). MvC? Port. And now so many games are glorified and PAID tech demos like Little Deviants, would should have been free DLC with the console.

[quote name='gepet0']I picked up. MLB and the unit debating on wipeout. Is it worth 30?[/QUOTE]

Wipeout is definitely worth the $30. It's $10 for the "online pass" itself. I saw it for $31.49 used @ gamestop and got it new for $29.99 instead. No tax if you use store credit but even with tax, still a better deal. Cross platform play, future support and dlc I say it's worth it.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Wipeout is definitely worth the $30. It's $10 for the "online pass" itself. I saw it for $31.49 used @ gamestop and got it new for $29.99 instead. No tax if you use store credit but even with tax, still a better deal. Cross platform play, future support and dlc I say it's worth it.[/QUOTE]

What does it play with on the PS3? I have the free Wipeout came from the ApocalyPS3 days.

[quote name='Romeo']What does it play with on the PS3? I have the free Wipeout came from the ApocalyPS3 days.[/QUOTE]

you can play online against ps3 owners of the fury expansion pack for wipeout HD.

also, both wipeout HD and fury tracks are apparently coming to wipeout 2048 through upcoming dlc which will be totally free if you already own them on ps3.

In theory you can play against PS3 owners of HD, but considering every time I've tried there has been no one else playing, the feature is kind of a failure.

[quote name='whoknows']In theory you can play against PS3 owners of HD, but considering every time I've tried there has been no one else playing, the feature is kind of a failure.[/QUOTE]I've had no problems playing against people who are on PSN through their PS3's. Every time I go online there are loads of people on.

[quote name='Magicman103']you can play online against ps3 owners of the fury expansion pack for wipeout HD.

also, both wipeout HD and fury tracks are apparently coming to wipeout 2048 through upcoming dlc which will be totally free if you already own them on ps3.[/QUOTE]

Was that fury pack free as well with the "we're sorry we screwed up" freebie games?

[quote name='Romeo']Was that fury pack free as well with the "we're sorry we screwed up" freebie games?[/QUOTE]Yes.

Also, earlier you mentioned paying $15 for a USB cable. Why would anyone need to buy that if the system already comes with one? I'm only asking as I see that and the AC Adapter are available separately but don't see why someone would want more than one.

[quote name='robodaddyo']Yes.

Also, earlier you mentioned paying $15 for a USB cable. Why would anyone need to buy that if the system already comes with one? I'm only asking as I see that and the AC Adapter are available separately but don't see why someone would want more than one.[/QUOTE]

For the dock or the car charger, which is sold as a small device with no cord either.

The whole system screams scam/ripoff. Insanely priced memory cards. Ported games with less features. And day one DLC for games.

Just a horrible horrible practice. The only reason why I have one is because it was free for me.

I'm bummed about Ridge Racer. I was going to use the coupon on that one, now I might just wait.

Damn I hate waiting.

I like the Vita so far. I don't yet own any Vita games though because the only one worth the $40 price tag is $50 and the demo was kind of a dissapointment.

A friend bought Wipeout and I played it... it's good for fans of the series (he is) but for non-fans, it honestly feels like a $10 downloadable game... For a similar game (that is also free) you might as well play Nitronic Rush.

[quote name='DarkPGR']I like the Vita so far. I don't yet own any Vita games though because the only one worth the $40 price tag is $50 and the demo was kind of a dissapointment.

A friend bought Wipeout and I played it... it's good for fans of the series (he is) but for non-fans, it honestly feels like a $10 downloadable game... For a similar game (that is also free) you might as well play Nitronic Rush.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for validating that about Wipeout. I'm NOT a fan of the series and almost feel compelled to buy games just to have them to justify myself in getting the console.

[quote name='Romeo']For the dock or the car charger, which is sold as a small device with no cord either.

The whole system screams scam/ripoff. Insanely priced memory cards. Ported games with less features. And day one DLC for games.

Just a horrible horrible practice. The only reason why I have one is because it was free for me.[/QUOTE]

"ported games with less features"

Yeah because all the other handhelds in the world have far suprerior ports....

Seriously the system has been out three weeks. Eventually rocketfish or something other company will make 3rd party USB cables and memory cards and they will be more reasonably priced.

As far as the ports go I have no idea why you are complaining. The ports on the vita are much closer to their current generation counterparts then any of the sad junk ports to the game gear, gameboy, DS, PSP, etc. during their prime.

The system has been out for three weeks. You got your Vita for free. Relax.

[quote name='Romeo']For the dock or the car charger, which is sold as a small device with no cord either.

Just a horrible horrible practice. The only reason why I have one is because it was free for me.[/QUOTE]Okay but the system comes with a USB cable so why would people need to purchase another one? Are they that lazy that they can't carry the USB cable with their PS Vita in the case?

As for the whole system seaming like a scam/rip-off, it sounds like this isn't a device for you. I have been having a great time with the games and for my needs, this system has been great.

I find it funny that people love wasting their time going into threads to complain about how they feel ripped off about something. Go write a diary like that one clown here does. No need to gripe in a thread about a coupon.

[quote name='GBAstar']"ported games with less features"

Yeah because all the other handhelds in the world have far suprerior ports....

Seriously the system has been out three weeks. Eventually rocketfish or something other company will make 3rd party USB cables and memory cards and they will be more reasonably priced.

As far as the ports go I have no idea why you are complaining. The ports on the vita are much closer to their current generation counterparts then any of the sad junk ports to the game gear, gameboy, DS, PSP, etc. during their prime.

The system has been out for three weeks. You got your Vita for free. Relax.[/QUOTE]

How about I rephrase...

Ported games with less features that cost more than the console version.

[quote name='Romeo']How about I rephrase...

Ported games with less features THAT COST MORE THAN THE CONSOLE VERSION.

:p[/QUOTE]How about you look at the thread title? Eh? :lol:

[quote name='robodaddyo']How about you look at the thread title? Eh? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm thrilled to have the coupon, I wish more games were eligible. I'm not sure what you're referring to though...?

[quote name='robodaddyo']How about you look at the thread title? Eh? :lol:[/QUOTE]
In addition, I'd like him to sell his Vita. He doesn't deserve it.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Wow, sure is a lot of crying about the Vita going on in here.

Anyone want a tissue?[/QUOTE]Romeo would like a box, please. :lol:

[quote name='Romeo']Thank you for validating that about Wipeout. I'm NOT a fan of the series and almost feel compelled to buy games just to have them to justify myself in getting the console.[/QUOTE]

This is a thread about a coupon, if you have nothing positive to contribute please stop talking. If you'd rather complain and/or rant please feel free to post a blog, It's not difficult.

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']This is a thread about a coupon, if you have nothing positive to contribute please stop talking. If you'd rather complain and/or rant please feel free to post a blog, It's not difficult.[/QUOTE]

A bit late here my friend, and there's no need to mention these things to a near ten year vet on this site. ;)

It's amusing that the quote you highlighted is one directly related to the deal and specific games that it's for.

[quote name='coopscohen']Not sure if it has been asked but has anyone tried the coupon on a used Vita game?[/QUOTE]

Never even knew there were any at this point, I never asked.

[quote name='Romeo']Never even knew there were any at this point, I never asked.[/QUOTE]That's the great thing about the internet and using a search feature. There are a boat load of used PS Vita games in my area. I may try the coupon on a used title, this weekend. That depends on if I can pull myself out of the water long enough. This weather has been great.

Man the Vita is the most amazing system I've bought for a while. Gonna use this coupon on Uncharted I think.

And screw this lil romeo kid, shitting up the Vita thread. Get a job like everyone else. New games are expensive? Crazy! You would have a coronary if you saw Japanese or Austrailian game prices.

[quote name='Romeo']I own Uncharted, Hot Shots, and just picked up Modnation.

I'm angry how Sony is handling the system, not whining about bad games so soon.

A 32GB micro SD card is $27 shipped on AMZ. A 16GB is $12. Same prices from Sony for the SAME memory card shaped different? $100 and $60. USB cord? $15 since it's proprietary. Should be illegal.

Next up games... the best rated game I've seen is Rayman, which is a console port with less content (no multiplayer). MvC? Port. And now so many games are glorified and PAID tech demos like Little Deviants, would should have been free DLC with the console.[/QUOTE]

You know the reason why the cards are so expensive right? Because Sony had to design a new format from the ground up just for the system after pirates took their open format offering last generation (the PSP) and raped it with an old splintery broom handle.

Sure, 32GB of flash memory can be manufactured cheap. But the process of developing an entirely new form factor and access protocols are not. The cards will get much cheaper in time but right now Sony has a ton of R&D invested in just the cards alone. Obviously they can't make that up on the game carts without having a stupidly high retail price per game, so they're left to make it up on the "non-essential" side. Hence why you can get a 4GB or 8GB and buy retail games fairly cheap. Lowest possible entry point while still subsidizing all the R&D put into this thing at the high end.

Second, why the hell do you care about ratings? Uncharted is a better game than any of the previous console ports if you ask me. It loses points because Sony Bend doesn't have the reviewer cache that Naughty Dog carries. So as a result no reviewer could give Bend's game on a handheld a comparable score to Naughty Dog's on a console, despite the actual gameplay being far more enjoyable.

WipEout is a fantastic game for people who enjoy the series, of which there are many. The only better entry in the series is the PS3 version it is cross compatible with. There has never been a portable racer that looked and played this good.

MvC is a port but its effectively a 1:1 port. How is that not awesome? Technically the 360 and PS3 versions are ports of the arcade game, do they suck by proxy? Or is not having to pay several grand for an arcade cab a big draw there? I'd argue that the best D-pad since the Saturn and full portability make MvC Vita pretty damn appealing if you look at it objectively.

Also, Rayman isn't missing any features. It didn't have online features on the consoles and multiplayer is local only. You can't exactly do local multi on a single handheld unit. If they would have added ad-hoc co-op it would have been a significant feature addition. As is they're offering a superior version to the Wii (graphically) on a portable system with better control inputs than any of the other options and doing so at an MSRP lower than their initial offering. How isn't that awesome?

No one complained that Raving Rabbids was a glorified tech demo for the Wii when it was one of the best selling launch period games, Little Deviants is effectively the same thing. It appeals to a different part of the market, so what's the big deal?

Meanwhile other excellent games on the system are as follows:
Lumines - hands down the best version of this series to date, which I would argue is the second best puzzle franchise around (behind only Tetris).

Super Stardust Delta - $10 for one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences out there.

Motorstorm RC - Fun downloadable old school racer easily worth the price of admission it was set to have but is currently being given away free.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus - Added content over the PS3 Ninja Gaiden Sigma release, plays incredibly well on the Vita.

MLB 2012 The Show - I just completed my first series in a Franchise mode with real MLB service time, rule 5 draft, etc.. Where else can you get that? The PS3 and nowhere else. You can't find a baseball game with as much depth as this Vita game on the 360, Wii, DS, 3DS, or hell, even on PC and that includes buying a stratometric sim like Baseball Mogul or Out of the Park.

Not only is the Vita the best handheld launch to date, I'd argue it has been the best system launch to date period. A deep, diverse, and high quality library out of the gate. The first system to actually have good balance between retail and DD offerings out of the gate (DD versions of retail games mostly carry a $5 discount and a good initial offering of DD only content is already present). A very easy, very slick interface out of the box. Working cross compatibility with it's sister system out of the box. Full access to it's online marketplace out of the box. Overall its an absolute home run launch from a management and planning side for Sony. Their marketing team needs to get off their asses and they need some strong reveals at E3 to load up the upcoming holiday season, sure. But the launch has had great offering out of the gate and in the next few months there are other noteworthy titles on the horizon like Little Big Planet Vita, a new Resistance game, and Gravity Rush.

bread's done
Back