- Wipeout 2048
- Hot Shots Gold: World Invitational
- Little Deviants
- ModNation Racers: Roadtrip
- MLB 12 The Show
- Unit 13
- Reality Fighters

6954162755_345393be32_z.jpg

Offer good until 4/5/12, PowerUp Rewards Card required at time of discount.

Last edited by a moderator:
Annnnnnd burn! Amazing post, you're my hero :D

But on a serious note, the ONLY item I agree with Romeo on is that Little Deviants should have been a free DLT on day one, especially after news that that dev studio has been shuttered. Aside from that, I wouldn't mind seeing game prices more around $30, but this is CAG, so naturally I want to pay less :p

Coupon only works on select new games, check OP for which titles it'll work. Some of these times come out cheaper with the coupon getting the game NEW Vs Used. Unless of course, you have the b2g1 free coupon. Everything Drek stated, I agree with. Lumines is addicting and being able to pay $9.99 for Hustle Kings then getting the PSN & Vita version both for 1 price is great too.

Would any cag be willing to pm me their powerup card number? Mine expired 2 years ago. I just tried renewing instore with a free account. The Guy said the my account number never expires.I tried buying online and it says my card is expired. Also he wouldn't apply the coupon on unit 13 because it wasn't in the picture. So yea, any help would be greatly appreciated.

[quote name='JawnMan']Would any cag be willing to pm me their powerup card number? Mine expired 2 years ago. I just tried renewing instore with a free account. The Guy said the my account number never expires.I tried buying online and it says my card is expired. Also he wouldn't apply the coupon on unit 13 because it wasn't in the picture. So yea, any help would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

sent

[quote name='Drek']You know the reason why the cards are so expensive right? Because Sony had to design a new format from the ground up just for the system after pirates took their open format offering last generation (the PSP) and raped it with an old splintery broom handle.

Not only is the Vita the best handheld launch to date, I'd argue it has been the best system launch to date period. A deep, diverse, and high quality library out of the gate. The first system to actually have good balance between retail and DD offerings out of the gate (DD versions of retail games mostly carry a $5 discount and a good initial offering of DD only content is already present). A very easy, very slick interface out of the box. Working cross compatibility with it's sister system out of the box. Full access to it's online marketplace out of the box. Overall its an absolute home run launch from a management and planning side for Sony. Their marketing team needs to get off their asses and they need some strong reveals at E3 to load up the upcoming holiday season, sure. But the launch has had great offering out of the gate and in the next few months there are other noteworthy titles on the horizon like Little Big Planet Vita, a new Resistance game, and Gravity Rush.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the long post and I am appreciative of it. The games you make some good points on.

Let me clarify what I feel is disgusting and should NOT be allowed:

Most importantly, the memory card SCAM. 32GB for $100? R&D my ass, microSD cards are a standard now and have been for ten years. Changing the shape slightly does not prevent piracy, it prevents third party manufacturers from selling what they have been for years.

This leads me to #2, the scam of NOT having flash memory on a cartridge. I can understand for DLC that a memory card is required but certainly NOT for game saves. Nintendo had this available 15 years ago yet in 2012 Sony doesn't allow game saves to a flash cart?

Third, the console OS itself is worse than a fisher price/leapfrog toy. It is hideous for such a great piece of hardware.

Regarding Lumines, I do have interest in it but not at $40 or even $30 since it's just a puzzler that is probably playable just the same on any iOS device. And is Lumines for Vita a new game in the series? I noticed it is NOT only for PlayStation, which threw me off.

[quote name='Romeo']Thank you for the long post and I am appreciative of it. The games you make some good points on.

Let me clarify what I feel is disgusting and should NOT be allowed:

Most importantly, the memory card SCAM. 32GB for $100? R&D my ass, microSD cards are a standard now and have been for ten years. Changing the shape slightly does not prevent piracy, it prevents third party manufacturers from selling what they have been for years.

This leads me to #2, the scam of NOT having flash memory on a cartridge. I can understand for DLC that a memory card is required but certainly NOT for game saves. Nintendo had this available 15 years ago yet in 2012 Sony doesn't allow game saves to a flash cart?

Third, the console OS itself is worse than a fisher price/leapfrog toy. It is hideous for such a great piece of hardware.

Regarding Lumines, I do have interest in it but not at $40 or even $30 since it's just a puzzler that is probably playable just the same on any iOS device. And is Lumines for Vita a new game in the series? I noticed it is NOT only for PlayStation, which threw me off.[/QUOTE]Can we get some proof about microSD being a standard for ten years? I've never seen anything supporting your statement. Ten years eh?

And there are game cards that do have memory on them for game saves. Not all of them have it though.

As for Lumines: Electronic Symphony, you just don't get it and we already know that we can't convince you, otherwise. You're stuck in your pre-determined thoughts that can't be influenced by reason from different, logical perspectives. Awesome game.

Think I'm going to go pick up Unit 13, today, with the coupon. I've had a lot of people tell me how fun that game is.

[quote name='robodaddyo']Can we get some proof about microSD being a standard for ten years? I've never seen anything supporting your statement. Ten years eh?

And there are game cards that do have memory on them for game saves. Not all of them have it though.

As for Lumines: Electronic Symphony, you just don't get it and we already know that we can't convince you, otherwise. You're stuck in your pre-determined thoughts that can't be influenced by reason from different, logical perspectives. Awesome game.

Think I'm going to go pick up Unit 13, today, with the coupon. I've had a lot of people tell me how fun that game is.[/QUOTE]

Just so we're not on the wrong foot here, I do want Lumines. I own the original when I got a PSP on launch day 7 years ago. I may get Unit 13 as well but I don't believe $30 for it is the right price for me.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Ten years ago we were all still using compact flash. SD was still relatively new at that point let alone micro SD.[/QUOTE]

To answer both of you, it's a standard for eight years. That's my bad, I rounded off. The first cell phone in the US to us a microSD card AND bluetooth was a Motorola V710 which released in 2004. I rocked that bad boy in the gym with a 128mb microSD card.

So yes, eight years on the market to which every mobile device supports is a standard. I can't believe members of CAG feel that it's okay for Sony to shape a microSD card a tad fatter then charge 3-4 times the price for the same technology.

[quote name='riotheart']sent[/QUOTE]

A huge huge thanks to riotheart for his help!

I go into Gamestop again and show the manager a print out of the online checkout screen showing that the $10 off does in fact work on Unit 13. This is the same guy who told me that the coupon would only work on the games shown in the image. He scans the coupon again and it doesn't work. He then says that it's not working because it's online only. I immediately point 1 inch above where he's looking to where it says "In-Store". I tell him that I'm pretty sure the coupon will only work if he scans a reward card first.

He says that it shouldn't matter, but proceeds to ask me what my information is. "Oh, your card expired in 2009". I say, "No really? That's why I came in 30 minutes ago and told you to renew my card. Whatever, look I'm pretty sure the coupon isn't working because you need to scan a rewards card." I tell him to input riotheart's PUR number and lo and behold, Unit 13 becomes discounted $10.

I knew there was a reason why i stopped shopping and Gamestop, and this reinforces that.

Romeo,
The vita is worth it. The sheer power of it with a cost of 250 is amazing. Unlocked smartphones with similar specs cost around 500-700 dollars. I am sure Sony is losing money on every Vita sold, but the only way to recoup losses is to hike the memory cards. This also has an effect on hacktivists. Hacking the handheld will cost hackers and provide a challenge due to the proprietary format.

Sony is simply learning from their mistake with the PSP. No one put a gun to your head and forced a 32GB card on you, it's just an option they give you. Just look at the outrageous price hikes on Apple products when looking at storage upgrade pricing. I don't see why everyone gives Sony crap for the Vita, when just about all the other mainstream devices are doing it far worse and no one says anything about that. Sony picked the most viable option they had going off the history of the questionable PSP.

IMO a 4GB card would do fine until prices drop, just buy game carts for now, at least you can sell your games with that option.

YMMV, I got an email from Gamestop yesterday with a 10% off coupon (thanking me for my PS Vita purchase) for 1 accessory. Ended up getting the 32gb memory card and no worries now about space. Hopefully they'll add more games to the list. Any reason why the $10 off coupon works for certain people in certain areas? Didn't work for me when trying to purchase Modnation Racers new, but read earlier in this thread that someone was able to get it for $19.99 with the coupon.

[quote name='intoxicated662']YMMV, I got an email from Gamestop yesterday with a 10% off coupon (thanking me for my PS Vita purchase) for 1 accessory. Ended up getting the 32gb memory card and no worries now about space. Hopefully they'll add more games to the list. Any reason why the $10 off coupon works for certain people in certain areas? Didn't work for me when trying to purchase Modnation Racers new, but read earlier in this thread that someone was able to get it for $19.99 with the coupon.[/QUOTE]

It worked for me on Modnation but the rep forgot to add the phone # to the order. At first it didn't work until he realized he never typed on my phone number.

For me this "coupon" has been an absolute disaster. I tried using it today on Unit 13 and the employee argued with my saying it was only good on the games in the picture. I traded in a few games then tells me I cannot combine the $10 coupon with the trade in bonus. He says I physically have to pay with cash or credit to use the coupon. Has this happened to anyone else? I am so fedup I want to call corporate and complain.

[quote name='buster90']For me this "coupon" has been an absolute disaster. I tried using it today on Unit 13 and the employee argued with my saying it was only good on the games in the picture. I traded in a few games then tells me I cannot combine the $10 coupon with the trade in bonus. He says I physically have to pay with cash or credit to use the coupon. Has this happened to anyone else? I am so fedup I want to call corporate and complain.[/QUOTE]

call corporate asap. if the coupon scans and applies to the order, they have no reason to deny you.

So I went to GS and brought a used copy of Little Deviants to the register, asked if I could use the coupon with it, and the guy said "yeah, no problem". He scans it and sure enough it doesn't work. He said here, let me see if it will work on the new version. He keys in the new version SKU and says it dropped the price to $19.99...I was interested in the game at that price so I said sure, why not. He says he'll grab a new copy and a minute later says "I'm sorry, we're out".

Seriously? Why the fuck would you key it into the system to see if the coupon works without checking your stock first? For that matter, why would you say yes to me using this coupon on the used copy only to turn around almost immediately after and say no?

Why the fuck do I still shop at this damn store?

I found a used little deviant game for $21.49. Purchased it and returned it the next day, didn't find any interest in it and I think the game studio that made that game shut down. Even new that game is harder to find than the others. Unit 13 does work though with the $10 coupon. I even did the $10 off coupon from the OP, then added a $10 off any purchase from my PUR (that I redeemed my points on to get that code) and walked out paying $19.99 for Unit 13. Codes like that can stack, it's just YMMV I guess. Works for some people and doesn't for others..weird

Went back today with a screenshot of the coupon on my Vita and the employee knew about the deal. Picked up Unit 13 for $29.99+ tax. Sweet.

My local store (Montclaire, CA) had Hot Shots and Wipeout marked as $29.99 despite ringing up as $39.99. I was able to use the coupon on two transactions with price adjustments at $19.99 each... not bad, especially since the credit was from AC trade-ins.

Went and got The Show today, thanks OP. I wish this worked on FIFA or Silent Hill.

Was going to use the accessory coupon, then saw how insanely overpriced everything was. I'm fine with Hong Kong's finest from eBay/Amazon.

Was considering Unit 13, but I think I'll be able to get this for $20 sooner rather than later. Thoughts?

Took a trip to GameStop yesterday and picked up three more games, Wipeout, Unit 13, and The Show. Not a fan of baseball or baseball games since I was a wee one but I figured what the hell let's try it.

I Know this is a multi use coupon (meaning it isn't tied to a single PUR account) but can it be used on the same PUR card multiple times?

I bought Unit 13 using it last week and wanted to go back and get FIFA 12 but since that isn't one of the qualified games I think I'll get MLB: The Show 12 instead... if I can use the coupon on my account more then once

[quote name='Romeo']Took a trip to GameStop yesterday and picked up three more games, Wipeout, Unit 13, and The Show. Not a fan of baseball or baseball games since I was a wee one but I figured what the hell let's try it.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat for MLB. Let me know if you thinks its worth it for casual fans. Used the coupon on Uncharted and Wipeout, both have been fantastic, don't understand the Wiepout hate from all the reviews.

[quote name='GBAstar']I Know this is a multi use coupon (meaning it isn't tied to a single PUR account) but can it be used on the same PUR card multiple times?

I bought Unit 13 using it last week and wanted to go back and get FIFA 12 but since that isn't one of the qualified games I think I'll get MLB: The Show 12 instead... if I can use the coupon on my account more then once[/QUOTE]

You can use it multiple times on the same PUR account; I purchased Uncharted, Hot Shots, Wipeout, Unit 13, Little Deviants, and Modnation with it over a 3 day period.

[quote name='Demon Soul']Just to confirm, you don't have to be a paid member right? You can just be a regular (free) rewards member?[/QUOTE]

Correct.

Anyone know any free shipping codes? Getting kinda tired putting up with the ignorant Gamestop employees and waiting 25 minutes in line literally.

I'm hoping that since the coupon doesn't expire until 4/5/12 that they might add other games to the list you can use it on, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. The only games on the list that interest me at all are Uncharted and Wipeout but I know they'll probably be available for cheap by the end of the year or so.

[quote name='suwillgetu']I'm hoping that since the coupon doesn't expire until 4/5/12 that they might add other games to the list you can use it on, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. The only games on the list that interest me at all are Uncharted and Wipeout but I know they'll probably be available for cheap by the end of the year or so.[/QUOTE]
If u have not noticed, all the games that work with it are sony produced, first party titles. So, I highly doubt anything else will be added.

Bought ModNation Racers today. They gave me a hard time about my Pro Subscription being expired. They had to manually take off the $10 because the system said promo not found. Told me they would go ahead and do it, but next time I come in, I need to renew. I figured they were BSing me, but the receipt said promo not found and showed where they manually entered the $10 off. Anyone else have this issue?

[quote name='Cuksis']Bought ModNation Racers today. They gave me a hard time about my Pro Subscription being expired. They had to manually take off the $10 because the system said promo not found. Told me they would go ahead and do it, but next time I come in, I need to renew. I figured they were BSing me, but the receipt said promo not found and showed where they manually entered the $10 off. Anyone else have this issue?[/QUOTE]

I haven't been a Pro member in quite some time and it went through without a hitch for Unit 13.

[quote name='Cuksis']Bought ModNation Racers today. They gave me a hard time about my Pro Subscription being expired. They had to manually take off the $10 because the system said promo not found. Told me they would go ahead and do it, but next time I come in, I need to renew. I figured they were BSing me, but the receipt said promo not found and showed where they manually entered the $10 off. Anyone else have this issue?[/QUOTE]

I had this issue today also. I had to create a new free rewards account since my old pro subscription was expired.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Has anybody actually tried to use it on a non-first party game? I know it's most likely only the games pictured + Unit 13.[/QUOTE]

Someone early on got it to work but that might have been when GS employees were still clueless about the coupon.

[quote name='coopscohen']Someone early on got it to work but that might have been when GS employees were still clueless about the coupon.[/QUOTE]
Got Asphalt for 19.99 tried F1 at 2 stores but no go. I might try when a few new ones come out over the next few weeks but by then they might know which games.

[quote name='kfrancia']Just used this coupon again, this time for Reality Fighters bringing it down to 19.99. Im loving all these deals for the vita.[/QUOTE]

I was looking at that last week as stores already has it in stock.

Be forward here... isn't that Reality Fighters really just a DLC type demo? It isn't actually a game is it?

[quote name='pun123']Got Asphalt for 19.99 tried F1 at 2 stores but no go. I might try when a few new ones come out over the next few weeks but by then they might know which games.[/QUOTE]

Is Asphalt even worth it for $20? Heard it's better than ridge racer though and that it's just a port.

Went to a gamestop and they told me I didn't even need the rewards card. I just showed the manager a picture of the coupon on my phone that I saved off OP's post.

[quote name='buster90']How is reality fighters I heard some bad things not as bad as Ridge Racer but still bad.[/QUOTE]

Its no umvc3 but its fun. Seems like a generic fighting game with a lot of customization. I like the AR where you can fight on any platform. I bet there's going to be a lot of pics of awkward places to fight on. And you cant go wrong with Mr. Miyagi as you sensei. Seems like starting price for it should have been $19.99.

Went to gs today to see what else I could use that coupon on, unfortunately I tried it on EVERY SINGLE GAME and it would only work on the ones listed. Finally the clerk just shrugged and said "I dont see a list on here, ill just overide" so i walked out with ModNation for 20 and UMVC for 30. Im a regular there and go in like once a week so they might of just decided to do it for me but whatever the reason I was happy enough. Now im up to 7 games:

UMVC3
Modnation
Uncharted
Dynasty Warriors Next (my fave)
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
MLB the show
Unit 13

Finally picked up Modnation Racers for $19.99, thanks op! Got almost all of the games listed :)

Just realized that Modnation Racers 'cross platform play' really is more like just letting you download and access ps3 content like custom tracks and such. Or am I missing something else?

bread's done
Back