$100 iTunes gift card for $80 at Best Buy. $60 orders being cancelled.

Kendro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
64 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Apple&#...18459173264&skuId=4173314&st=itunes&cp=1&lp=1

The iTunes gift cards are now available for $80. Not as hot as $60 but still better than paying 100% for iTunes purchases.

For some reason it is only charging $60 when you add it to the cart. I consider this video game related for all those iOS games.

Must add to your cart to see the $60. I tried adding two cards but it charged $80 for one card and $60 for the other. So it looks like you need to create multiple orders if you want them at $60 each.

I received the following email for my $60 order.

Dear Customer,

There was a pricing error on the Apple iTunes $100 digital card (sku 4173314); as a result, your order will be canceled. This error has been corrected on BestBuy.com, and the item now reflects the sale price of $80.00. If you are still interested in this item please click here to view details and to place a new order.

We are sorry for this error and apologize for any inconvenience.
If you used a credit card for this order and have questions about the cancellation process, please click here. If you used a Best Buy gift card for this order and no longer have it, please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we will send you a replacement.

If you have any questions concerning our policies, please review the "Conditions of Use" which are found at www.BestBuy.com.

Best Buy Customer Service

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome deal, couldn't pass up.

Can't you use this credit on stuff at a physical Apple store with their self checkout? It would come out to $40 dollars off anything in the store, say an iPad for example.

Also, charged tax on this gift card, plus charge tax when buying from App store too? Double tax, even so still a great deal.

[quote name='Wario64']Just ordered one, hope it comes fast. Might order another one.[/QUOTE]

I'm on the same page, I don't know if I should or shouldn't. I don't really use iTunes but it's pretty tempting.

[quote name='king9x']Awesome deal, couldn't pass up.

Can't you use this credit on stuff at a physical Apple store with their self checkout? It would come out to $40 dollars off anything in the store, say an iPad for example.

Also, charged tax on this gift card, plus charge tax when buying from App store too? Double tax, even so still a great deal.[/QUOTE]

If that were the case you could buy multiples and get an iPad for 40% off. That'd be pretty crazy.

I just went on the apple store app and could not find a way to apply the credit I just got to get a nano for a family member. Wish I could would save me some cash, not sure if iTunes cards can be used for apple store items

[quote name='king9x']Awesome deal, couldn't pass up.

Also, charged tax on this gift card, plus charge tax when buying from App store too? Double tax, even so still a great deal.[/QUOTE]

No. you can use apple gift cards for physical items but itunes gift cards are only good for digital items.

[quote name='craig.courtney']I just went on the apple store app and could not find a way to apply the credit I just got to get a nano for a family member. Wish I could would save me some cash, not sure if iTunes cards can be used for apple store items[/QUOTE]

I went to the store's website, and it explicitly said you could not use itunes gift cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='craig.courtney']I just went on the apple store app and could not find a way to apply the credit I just got to get a nano for a family member. Wish I could would save me some cash, not sure if iTunes cards can be used for apple store items[/QUOTE]

I don't think he meant the website but an actual store.

EDit: where did you see that sbcblueeyedguy?

Damn it's unavailable now.

*Edit nevermind I clicked on the card again and viewed the alternate page and then clicked the "Add to Cart" thanks OP great find!

[quote name='Wario64']For anyone that got a code, it's legit for $100 GC, right? Not a $60 code?[/QUOTE]

The receipt says $100 card, so should be.

Thanks for the heads up! I was trying to see if any stores would have the $50 iTunes cards for $30 or $35 but this is even better!

[quote name='skiizim']I don't think he meant the website but an actual store.

EDit: where did you see that sbcblueeyedguy?[/QUOTE]

Try checking out with any item, I used an ipod touch. Look at the payment options, and it'll say so in the gift card option.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Try checking out with any item, I used an ipod touch. Look at the payment options, and it'll say so in the gift card option.[/QUOTE]

I saw a apple gift card option, which requires a pin from the back of a card but no way to apply iTunes credit. Other places I looked said it was 2 separate things and iTunes gift cards wouldn't work.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Try checking out with any item, I used an ipod touch. Look at the payment options, and it'll say so in the gift card option.[/QUOTE]

"You cannot use iTunes Gift Cards for Apple Store purchases"

Itunes cards are not the same as apple gift cards.

It says so on the checkout screen.

[quote name='outunderstars']"You cannot use iTunes Gift Cards for Apple Store purchases"

Itunes cards are not the same as apple gift cards.

It says so on the checkout screen.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was saying. He was asking where I SAW it. I was telling him where it said you couldn't use it.

Apple separates all their cards out into their own medium.

Can't use iTunes cards to buy from app store, can't use app store card to buy from store, and so on.

It's kind of retarded, but oh well.

[quote name='Wario64']People on Slickdeals said no one got a code there.[/QUOTE]

A CAG in the BB thread said they got theirs already.

[quote name='Donut2922']A CAG in the BB thread said they got theirs already.[/QUOTE]

You mean this thread? lol

Only saw 1 person claim. I want to order another one but only if the code comes through. Should I just order a 2nd one anyway...?

[quote name='Squarehard']Apple separates all their cards out into their own medium.

Can't use iTunes cards to buy from app store, can't use app store card to buy from store, and so on.

It's kind of retarded, but oh well.[/QUOTE]
Wait what? You can't use this in the App Store? WHAT THE fuck!

[quote name='Squarehard']Apple separates all their cards out into their own medium.

It's kind of retarded, but oh well.[/QUOTE]

No, you can't use itunes gift cards in the actual physical stores and the online store. All the digital stores are the same.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']No, you can't use itunes gift cards in the actual physical stores and the online store. All the digital stores are the same.[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's good to know then.

I was getting confused for a second.

Good to have clarification.

Now to see if we actually get the codes in the end. :p

Pretty sure the outliers are lying. Only two people have claimed to get them. One here and an obvious troll in the SD thread claiming he got 8. I ordered almost an hour ago and nothing yet so I'm pretty sure these are all destined for cancellation.

[quote name='Kendro']It could just be that their site got hammered from all those Xbox Live 3 month codes.[/QUOTE]

fWIW, I ordered a Live code and an iTunes code on the same order; got the Live, iTunes is still processing.

[quote name='Wario64']You mean this thread? lol

Only saw 1 person claim. I want to order another one but only if the code comes through. Should I just order a 2nd one anyway...?[/QUOTE]

sorry it's late so I'm already losing it lol.

tomorrow night through friday morning is going to be crazy.

[quote name='SCDallas']I really want it, but I wouldn't be mad if it got canceled because that $60 can easily be spend elsewhere the next few days[/QUOTE]

Pretty much this. Ordered almost 50 minutes ago and it's still processing.

[quote name='SCDallas']I really want it, but I wouldn't be mad if it got canceled because that $60 can easily be spend elsewhere the next few days[/QUOTE]

Same. Although the deal is still live; if it was a glitch or error I would think it would have been fixed by now. I'm guessing the deal is valid and the code delivery is going to take longer than usual due to all the activity on their site.

bread's done
Back