12+ Days of Anime / Christmas Sale @ RightStuf.com (Extended to 12/23)

WTK

CAGiversary!
12+ Days of Anime / Christmas Sale @ RightStuf.com

last-12days.jpg

As the holiday season kicks into full swing, Right Stuf is here to make things even merrier – with 12+ days of savings on DVDs, box sets and bundles!

Each day, we’ll update our homepage with the latest additions to our list of holiday bargains, and everything on this list will be on sale until 11:59 p.m. CST on December 23rd. (No coupon codes are necessary.)

Please note**: K-drama titles from YA Entertainment will ONLY be available at the 12+ Days sale prices until 11:59 p.m CST on December 13th.

Have a safe and happy Holiday Season and enjoy some anime from RightStuf.com!

** EDIT 1: Honey & Clover, Nana, and Ranma 1/2 sets have gone up in price, and placed in the Weekly Specials

DAY 1 - On the first day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me...An amnesiac under the tree.

DAY 2 - On the second day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Two crazed otaku.

DAY 3 - On the third day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Three tempestuous tantrums.

DAY 4 - On the fourth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Four hip-hop fighters.

DAY 5 - On the fifth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Five Dragon Slaves!

DAY 6 - On the sixth day of Christmas, Santa Kleckner gave to me... Six meisters slashing.

DAY 7 - On the seventh day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Seven avenging angels.

DAY 8 - On the eighth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Eight missing memories.

DAY 9 - On the ninth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Nine mages training.

DAY 10 - On the tenth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Ten tempting treasures!

DAY 11 - On the eleventh day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me...11 maidens strolling.

DAY 12 - On the twelfth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Twelve heroes battling.

DAY 13 - A Bundle of Anime Joy!

Black Friday / Cyber Monday Bargains (Still Ongoing For Now) | ** While Supplies Last!

Everything Else (from Bargain Bins, Weekly Specials,...subjected to change):

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dead of Knight']You have bad taste. Either that or you think whiny, stupid ditzes are fun to watch for forty episodes. That would still mean you have bad taste.

Also note that I am a fan of shojo/josei and still thought it was stupid. Many other shojo/josei manga offer similar stories to Hachi's without being as ridiculous about it. Nana Osaki is a better character, but it's really a wonder how she puts up with Hachi's shit and even seems to be infatuated with her for some ungodly reason. Ai Yazawa's own Paradise Kiss is a much better coming of age story.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Maybe you're just a heartless bitch. :D[/QUOTE]

OK girls stop fighting.

I know it's the 12th day, but didn't someone mention that there is a "surprise" 13th day or something? Just checking so I don't go ordering something now for free shipping and find out I want more.

[quote name='Antic']I know it's the 12th day, but didn't someone mention that there is a "surprise" 13th day or something? Just checking so I don't go ordering something now for free shipping and find out I want more.[/QUOTE]

There usually is stuff added on a day 13. Might as well wait to order until Saturday morning, by then a 13th day should be up.

Fumoffu is not a bad price... and it's a great series
honey and clover is very tempting at that price
and hmm I wonder if I will finally add puni puni poemi to my collection... there is so much to choose from this year @_@

question about rightstuf... if you preorder something will they pricematch if the price drops before release/shipping? like if they have a studio sale or regular price drop?

[quote name='Afflicted']question about rightstuf... if you preorder something will they pricematch if the price drops before release/shipping? like if they have a studio sale or regular price drop?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Price adjustments won't be an issue as long as the order is not shipped (or in the process of doing so). You will need to contact CS.

Well just bit the bullet and bought the Nana 2-4 and honey & clover 2 and 3 I needed. Being Viz releases I haven't found a good price on them until now and don't expect to find one any time soon.

Bought H&C 1-3, and Soul Eater 3+4. Have a bunch of stuff I need to decide on, but it'll be like another $200 more.

Everyone should stay far away from Ah My Buddha. After 4 episodes I couldn't take its awfulness anymore, and I tend to enjoy shows like that.

Made my final order of:
Maria Watches Over Us Season 1 - 4 Bundle
Genshiken 2 Bundle
Slayers 4-5 Blu-Ray Bundle

Interested in both Nana and Honey & Clover, but I can't spend any more at this point...

[quote name='G-Nitro']Everyone should stay far away from Ah My Buddha. After 4 episodes I couldn't take its awfulness anymore, and I tend to enjoy shows like that.[/QUOTE]
I guess there's no way to defend it, except that again, it's pretty to look at, and the character they introduced in the 2nd half/season was great and stirred it up reasonably well. I also liked how they made the final episode of each half/season into a fanservice 'payoff' episode.

Thinking about Captain Tylor, but as it's quite old, wondering if it may drop lower at some future point.

[quote name='Shinpachi']I guess there's no way to defend it, except that again, it's pretty to look at, and the character they introduced in the 2nd half/season was great and stirred it up reasonably well. I also liked how they made the final episode of each half/season into a fanservice 'payoff' episode.

Thinking about Captain Tylor, but as it's quite old, wondering if it may drop lower at some future point.[/QUOTE]

Since Captain Tylor is released by rightstuf it is alot less likely to get big discounts from other retailers like lots of Funimation stuff does. So if you really want it this might be the price to pick it up at.

I picked up Ah my Buddha in the sale. I enjoy harem fluff when I just need to relax not think and it looks like it should fill that role fine.

[quote name='TheLongshot']How about Jing, King of Bandits? I've read some of the manga. Is the anime worth getting.[/QUOTE]

Jing is boring and generic. It's a monster-of-the-week show without any soul. :/

[quote name='Grico']
I picked up Ah my Buddha in the sale. I enjoy harem fluff when I just need to relax not think and it looks like it should fill that role fine.[/QUOTE]

That was my thought when I originally purchased it, but it didn't even fill that role well.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Jing is boring and generic. It's a monster-of-the-week show without any soul. :/[/QUOTE]

Agreed, it lacks any and all depth. Spectacularly average in every way.

Only thing I jumped on so far was the Conan Bundle. I've been a Sherlock Holmes kick for a while so I kind of wanted to see Conan again. I've seen a few other deals I'd like to bite on but I'll wait until all the deals out announced. But I'm thinking about Xamd part 2 and Honey and Clover... And I'm hoping for deal on Gundam Unicorn but I doubt it will happen.

Really thinking about Captain Taylor. It doesn't seem to ever drop any lower than 24.99, eh? I know it went on sale one week a while back and I can't remember if it was any lower than that.

I ended up getting Castle of Cagliostro, Eden of the East, Nana 1-4 (watched the first episode last night, seems like my kind of show), and RahXephon. I'm really tempted by Maria Watches Over Us and Honey & Clover, but I'm first in line for all of H&C on Goozex and I don't think it'd be a good idea to spend another $85 on Maria Watches Over Us. I'll get them sometime down the road.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Really thinking about Captain Taylor. It doesn't seem to ever drop any lower than 24.99, eh? I know it went on sale one week a while back and I can't remember if it was any lower than that.[/QUOTE]
It's a good show, but the animation looks... "dirty".

whats the difference between [hd] and [upscale] for the blu rays? sorry for the late lame question. i may of missed the answer somewhere

I watched some of Ah my Buddha a while back and it was uterly generic. I enjoy some harem fluff like Maburaho, Girls Bravo, UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie etc and that show was just disapointing in every way.

I ended up getting Ranma 1/2 seasons 1-3, and genshinken 2, as well as a few things I needed from the bargin bin... I wanted to get more but set my limit at $100.

Nothing from their sale really caught my eye this year, the only thing was Samurai Champloo on Bluray, which I've been wanting to pick up for my brother for Christmas, but they sold out after I saw it. Wouldn't mind picking up Azumanga Daioh, but I'd raather get it with something else.

[quote name='shinryu333']whats the difference between [hd] and [upscale] for the blu rays? sorry for the late lame question. i may of missed the answer somewhere[/QUOTE][HD] is native HD content, [upscale] means that it was upscaled from 480p to 1080i or 1080p. The HD-native content will look better than anything upscaled, and you should check reviews of the content that's on BD before picking it up, just to be safe.

^^^ thanks for the clarification shrike4242, now i know what decision to make on blus. tho i still feel like a ~bakka~

[quote name='shinryu333']^^^ thanks for the clarification shrike4242, now i know what decision to make on blus. tho i still feel like a ~bakka~[/QUOTE]

A what?

[quote name='Brian9824']If you ever watch Inuyasha in japanese you learn what Bakka means REALLY fast lol. It's basically Japanese for Stupid[/QUOTE]

Nope, you're thinking of "baka."

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Nope, you're thinking of "baka."[/QUOTE]

I think it means "fool" or "foolish" more than "stupid", but I could be wrong.

[quote name='slowdive21']I think it means "fool" or "foolish" more than "stupid", but I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

I remember back when Sakuracon was known as Bakacon and they couldn't get certain guests to come due to the name, hence the change to Sakuracon in the third year. :lol:

Really tempted to pick up Trinity Blood for $30 but I can't since Amazon had it for $28 a month ago as a non-sale item.

Oh well, I picked up 5 box sets already so I should be fine until next year.

Romeo X Juliet - the Complete Series (all 26 Gonzo episodes) is a really good price.

I've only seen the first 4 episodes, but I enjoyed it, and the animation is REALLY GOOD with a nice take on the classic story with Juliet playing a Joan of Arc role.

Anyone else feel like this should be called "Romeo X Joan of Arc"?

Anyway, will it be coming to blu-ray soon? If not, I'm definitely picking this DVD set up since it still looks so clean and WOW!

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Really tempted to pick up Trinity Blood for $30 but I can't since Amazon had it for $28 a month ago as a non-sale item.

Oh well, I picked up 5 box sets already so I should be fine until next year.[/QUOTE]

Given it's age and popularity (or lack of ^^; ) I would guess that Trinity blood will become a S.A.V.E. anime sometime next year and thus be able to be picked up for $15 this time next year ^^;

I think I'll end up teaming up Romeo X Juliet with Eden Of The East. Don't know too much about the latter other than there is a lot of hype around it. There isn't much else that thrills me.

[quote name='TheLongshot']I think I'll end up teaming up Romeo X Juliet with Eden Of The East. Don't know too much about the latter other than there is a lot of hype around it. There isn't much else that thrills me.[/QUOTE]

Eden of the east is pretty good but the series doesn't end as they made some movies after to finish it (which will be coming out next year on dvd) rather then wrap it up in the tv series

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Romeo X Juliet - the Complete Series (all 26 Gonzo episodes) is a really good price.

I've only seen the first 4 episodes, but I enjoyed it, and the animation is REALLY GOOD with a nice take on the classic story with Juliet playing a Joan of Arc role.

Anyone else feel like this should be called "Romeo X Joan of Arc"?

Anyway, will it be coming to blu-ray soon? If not, I'm definitely picking this DVD set up since it still looks so clean and WOW![/QUOTE]

It's been a long time since the series was originally released on DVD. I'd think that if we were to see a Blu-ray set for it, it would have already happened by now. Sad, since it's a spectacularly beautiful show, too.

[quote name='Brian9824']If you ever watch Inuyasha in japanese you learn what Bakka means REALLY fast lol. It's basically Japanese for Stupid[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Nope, you're thinking of "baka."[/QUOTE]

This. Same with people who always type konichiwa.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Just get Ranma 1/2 Seasons 1, 2, and 3 as a definite safe bet.

Season 4 is good, though some people who watch the Dub version got a little turned off because Sarah Strange (voice actor for Male Ranma) left a few episodes into the 4th Season, and was replaced by Richard Cox (who is also the voice actor for Inu Yasha). But the season still is funny and worthwhile.

Funny thing is, hardly anyone even noticed Female Ranma's voice change early in the 1st Season (from Brigitta Dau) to Venus Terzo aka "Jean Grey in X-Men Evolutions" because she just made it that much better.

Watch the English Dub just because Ted Cole the English voice actor for Tatewaki Kuno is just brilliantly hillarious! Venus Terzo too.

Season 5 is where the comedy feels like it starts repeating itself and basically just introduces newer characters to keep it fresher; I actually held off buying any more after that season (esp when they were still over $50 as a SALE price back then) and have not yet seen Seasons 6 and 7 honestly.

ranma_by_Gabssms.jpg

I would buy these all over again if it came out on Blu-Ray.[/QUOTE]
Season 4 is still good despite the voice change. I watch Inu Yasha so it didn't really bothered me at all. Plus Season 4 is where Ranma learns his Hiryu-Shoten-Ha which ties in with the fight scenes in the Ranma 1/2 Movies and some OAVs. Recommend getting both Movies and all the OAV sets for this series.

We did a Ranma 1/2 marathon last night and watched Season 1 and 2.

Season 1 Episode 4 is hillarious and it's what definitely hooked me into this! I forgot that this show was done in 1989 so it shows it's age, but it's still funny! The animation definitely got better by Season 2.

For those who got Season 1, you should also get Season 2 because Viz Video did something wierd and actually misplaced 3 episodes from Season 1 into Season 2 so there will be a part while watching the 1st season where a flashback scene pops up that you have not seen before, until you watch the 2nd season.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']It's been a long time since the series was originally released on DVD. I'd think that if we were to see a Blu-ray set for it, it would have already happened by now. Sad, since it's a spectacularly beautiful show, too.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, ended up biting and getting Romeo X Juliet.

[quote name='zulux21']Eden of the east is pretty good but the series doesn't end as they made some movies after to finish it (which will be coming out next year on dvd) rather then wrap it up in the tv series[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

Man, it is really been a long time since I ordered anything from Right Stuf. l had to update a lot of info. Probably because I have such a huge backlog of stuff to watch and there wasn't too much that I really wanted to buy.

Im thinking of biting on the following:

Eden of the East Blu-ray
Basilisk Blu-ray
Madlax DVD Complete Collection
Girls Bravo DVD Complete Series
RahXephon DVD Complete Collection
Soul Eater DVD Sets 1-4 Bargain Bundle

bread's done
Back