12+ Days of Anime / Christmas Sale @ RightStuf.com (Extended to 12/23)

WTK

CAGiversary!
12+ Days of Anime / Christmas Sale @ RightStuf.com

last-12days.jpg

As the holiday season kicks into full swing, Right Stuf is here to make things even merrier – with 12+ days of savings on DVDs, box sets and bundles!

Each day, we’ll update our homepage with the latest additions to our list of holiday bargains, and everything on this list will be on sale until 11:59 p.m. CST on December 23rd. (No coupon codes are necessary.)

Please note**: K-drama titles from YA Entertainment will ONLY be available at the 12+ Days sale prices until 11:59 p.m CST on December 13th.

Have a safe and happy Holiday Season and enjoy some anime from RightStuf.com!

** EDIT 1: Honey & Clover, Nana, and Ranma 1/2 sets have gone up in price, and placed in the Weekly Specials

DAY 1 - On the first day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me...An amnesiac under the tree.

DAY 2 - On the second day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Two crazed otaku.

DAY 3 - On the third day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Three tempestuous tantrums.

DAY 4 - On the fourth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Four hip-hop fighters.

DAY 5 - On the fifth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Five Dragon Slaves!

DAY 6 - On the sixth day of Christmas, Santa Kleckner gave to me... Six meisters slashing.

DAY 7 - On the seventh day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Seven avenging angels.

DAY 8 - On the eighth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Eight missing memories.

DAY 9 - On the ninth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Nine mages training.

DAY 10 - On the tenth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Ten tempting treasures!

DAY 11 - On the eleventh day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me...11 maidens strolling.

DAY 12 - On the twelfth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Twelve heroes battling.

DAY 13 - A Bundle of Anime Joy!

Black Friday / Cyber Monday Bargains (Still Ongoing For Now) | ** While Supplies Last!

Everything Else (from Bargain Bins, Weekly Specials,...subjected to change):

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I think they usually have a 13th day of sales, and they save a lot of big guns for it.

[quote name='starkillr']Maria watches over us = suck[/QUOTE]
What sucks about it? It seems to get good reviews and looks pretty interesting. If I have time, I'll try to watch a couple episodes to get a feel for it before I make a purchase.

[quote name='G-Nitro']I'll be getting Maria Watches Over Us bundle. Just gonna see what the final deals are before ordering[/QUOTE]
If you're the person who's first in line for them on Goozex, maybe I'll just let you order the bundle and wait for you to trade it to me :p

[quote name='G-Nitro']Not that I remember, but they normally throw up one more day of deals past the 12th day I believe.[/QUOTE]
Correct on the 13th day they tend to put like 20-50 extra items on sale, thus it's always best to just wait so you can make sure to get free shipping while only buying stuff you want :p

[quote name='zulux21']Correct on the 13th day they tend to put like 20-50 extra items on sale, thus it's always best to just wait so you can make sure to get free shipping while only buying stuff you want :p[/QUOTE]

Should we be banking on that tho? I have 2 things I'd like to buy before the sale is over, but would like to wait just in case there is something I'd rather have.

[quote name='Darknuke']Should we be banking on that tho? I have 2 things I'd like to buy before the sale is over, but would like to wait just in case there is something I'd rather have.[/QUOTE]

I've only been following the rightstuf Christmas sales for the last 3 years, but 2 of the 3 years most of the stuff I ordered came from the 13th day.

as for banking on it, just check the quantities on items you want, if they are listed as being close to selling out then you might not want to wait, but the 13th day is this Saturday so it's not like you have to wait long for it o.o;

I doubt that will be true this year though for me as there is a lot of tempting stuff for me already (like ranma)... day 13 scares me @_@

[quote name='Rave Child']
If you're the person who's first in line for them on Goozex, maybe I'll just let you order the bundle and wait for you to trade it to me :p[/QUOTE]

I am first for all but Season 4, which I never requested for some odd reason. xD
But if it is a good series, I probably will never trade it out. :p

I need some help from you guys.

I'm conflicted as to whether or not I should pick up Tsubasa. Any opinions?

Also, is Negima?! season 2 worth picking up if I already have the 1st season?

Lastly, I'm interested in Soul Eater, but I'm running low on cash. If I pick this then something will most likely have to get bumped off my list. Any thoughts on this one?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

[quote name='Darknuke']Should we be banking on that tho? I have 2 things I'd like to buy before the sale is over, but would like to wait just in case there is something I'd rather have.[/QUOTE]

Almost guaranteed. They have done it every sale they have done so far.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I need some help from you guys.

Lastly, I'm interested in Soul Eater, but I'm running low on cash. If I pick this then something will most likely have to get bumped off my list. Any thoughts on this one?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.[/QUOTE]

Soul Eater > *

Tsubasa is okay, but not great. If you're just spending money for the sake of spending money, you could do better.

Neither Negima anime is very good, but if you actually enjoyed the original, maybe you'd like the new one. Meh.

Soul Eater is finally being released on Blu-ray in a couple months, if that matters to you. If not, it's probably the best thing you've listed so far.

Tsubasa is decent, not the best show ever but it has some nice music in it and it's a nice anime for long time clamp fans (I am not really a clamp fan but I still enjoyed it)

Negima season 2 isn't really like the first season at all, it's a remake not a true season 2. That being said it's not great but had it's amusing moments.

Soul Eater is the best of the 3 series you are asking about. Most people I know like it up until episode 38 or so where it breaks away from the original story and makes it's own story. I liked it all the way though.

If you have the time and live in the united states I would recommend just going over to funimation's website, clicking watch videos and checking out the first episodes of the shows you are asking about to see if they are to your liking at all (as no ones tastes are the same). quickly looking it looks like most of soul eater is available for free stream in both english and jap, tsubasa has the first 5 eps, and negima season 2 is almost all there as well. It's one of the really nice things about funimation products as usually they will have some of the episodes available for streaming so you can check them out before you buy them.

ooh Genshiken 2 is really tempting.
same with romeo x juliet
Nana is excellent and the cheapest I have seen as well... to many good things on sale this year @_@

I'm considering Texhnolyze... It's one of my favorite series. I ordered the series from Borders, which sent me 4 volumes right away, with the other two on backorder. For two months. Right now my order is in some nebulous state where they sent me an email telling me they couldn't complete the order, yet it's still listed as "In Progress" on my account status page. I might just buy this one and sell the discs I have to recover my losses.

On a related note, Borders is on my enemies list now. This isn't my first order they've screwed up, and I'm fed up with them. Even the free Borders Bucks they sometimes send me isn't enough to entice me back.

Good excuse for anyone that doesn't have them already to get TEnchi movie collection (first movie is amazing, second is pretty dang good, third is terrible, but its definitely worth it for the first two). Also, every should get king of bandits jing

Wow that is really cheap on the Nana sets, I'm never seen those be on any real sale. I'll have to pick them up at that price.

Also for people that don't have it, Castle of Cagliostro is a must buy. Its the first movie directed by Miyazaki and is a great adventure film.

[quote name='bardockkun']How is Gravion? I'm intrigued with the concept of boobs and robots.[/QUOTE]
The art is good, and that's about all I can say for it. It's not the worst show I've seen, but it's mediocre aside from how pretty it is.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']
[/QUOTE]

I thought Negima?! Season 2 started off really funny, but those jokes wear thin and just become annoying, as well as the characters, after about 10 episodes in. Near the end it kind of gets a bit better, but not enough to save the series from mediocrity.

Well, with this one, I finally got something that tempts me. I've been wanting to see more of Romeo X Juliet and that is a good price.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Holy fucking shit, I'm dropping money on those Nana sets RIGHT NOW. One of the best shows I've watched in the last five years.[/QUOTE]

Really? I don't know much about it other than the couple of AMV's I've seen using it. What's the reason why you think it is great?

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Also, is Negima?! season 2 worth picking up if I already have the 1st season?[/QUOTE]
Negima S2 is the worst anime I've seen. I love the manga, anime S1 is ok, but S2 is abysmal. If this is your first Negima experience you might be ok with it, otherwise you will find it an insult to the series.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Lastly, I'm interested in Soul Eater, but I'm running low on cash. If I pick this then something will most likely have to get bumped off my list. Any thoughts on this one?[/QUOTE]
I liked it. Great art style and music. The only problem is the ending is a bit weak, but still worth a watch. I bought the whole series at $32 a pop as they were being released and don't regret it.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Well, with this one, I finally got something that tempts me. I've been wanting to see more of Romeo X Juliet and that is a good price.

Really? I don't know much about it other than the couple of AMV's I've seen using it. What's the reason why you think it is great?[/QUOTE]

Romeo X Juliet is a great show, and well worth that price. You won't regret it.

Nana is just remarkable on every level. The writing is just so compelling, and I felt an attachment to the characters that I haven't experienced in a good, long while. ANN has some excellent reviews written up for it, and this excerpt may sum up my feelings best:

There is a certain danger in championing NANA's artistic merit. Doing so can give the false impression that the show is best appreciated by cinematic eggheads. While the eggheads will find much to appreciate, particularly on multiple viewings, it isn't so high-minded that it forgets its primary purpose as entertainment. It takes refuge from the punishing strength of its emotions in rueful humor, and the thrilling, kinetic concert set-pieces bespeak a series thoroughly versed in the appeal of pure spectacle. Even the truths it speaks, about the spaces that separate people and the terrors and delights of bridging them, are components in a vicarious web of emotion rather than sterile observations to be appreciated for their intellectual acuity. The honest internal discussions, the silences pregnant with meaning, the germs of truth, the meticulously interwoven plots, the raggedly real characters, the powerful yet terrifyingly delicate central relationship, the deliberate spurning of distaff fantasies—everything that separates NANA from its peers is there, not for intellectuals to mind-wank to, but to fill us all so full of sadness, joy, regret and, yes, love that it leaks from our tear ducts. Surrender yourself to it; you won't regret it.

If that makes the show sound drama-heavy, it is. But it's also extremely competent at making its audience laugh, too. They don't get much better than this - Nana is *easily* the best title of RightStuf's entire sale.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Romeo X Juliet is a great show, and well worth that price. You won't regret it.[/quote]

I probably will get it.

If that makes the show sound drama-heavy, it is. But it's also extremely competent at making its audience laugh, too. They don't get much better than this - Nana is *easily* the best title of RightStuf's entire sale.

I guess the question for me is, do I buy a volume, or do I just set up my Tivo to record Nana off of the Funimation channel to see if it is my cup of tea? I think it is still running...

That's the good and bad thing about Funimation and the reason why I haven't bought a lot of anime from them. I went and picked up Basilisk cheap only to have the whole series run on the Funimation channel soon after I made the purchase. Now, I have little desire to see it again and I have all of these unwrapped DVDs...

[quote name='Shinpachi']The art is good, and that's about all I can say for it. It's not the worst show I've seen, but it's mediocre aside from how pretty it is.[/QUOTE]

Lol, first time I agreed with someone in this thread 100%. The character designs are one of my favorites. I bought it awhilr back, but mainly to display.

Might pick up Nana. Hope Honey and Clover becomes part of the sale though.

[quote name='TheLongshot']

I guess the question for me is, do I buy a volume, or do I just set up my Tivo to record Nana off of the Funimation channel to see if it is my cup of tea? I think it is still running...

That's the good and bad thing about Funimation and the reason why I haven't bought a lot of anime from them. I went and picked up Basilisk cheap only to have the whole series run on the Funimation channel soon after I made the purchase. Now, I have little desire to see it again and I have all of these unwrapped DVDs...[/QUOTE]

The general consensus with all anime is watch it before you buy it. After being burned by a few blind buys I've made it a point to only buy shows I know I like, or at least wait til it's super cheap. Many shows are completely available online legally (and others not so legally... that's how I saw Nana, heh), so the point of even buying anything is to show support for the shows you wish to succeed.

Of course, that also doesn't mean fork over money for unreasonably overpriced sets, like Viz loves to release. This is the cheapest Nana has been and might not be this cheap for a long time. Viz isn't like Funimation in terms of re-releases...

[quote name='Indecisive Rattle']Of course, that also doesn't mean fork over money for unreasonably overpriced sets, like Viz loves to release. This is the cheapest Nana has been and might not be this cheap for a long time. Viz isn't like Funimation in terms of re-releases...[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize it was Viz. I guess I assumed since it was on the Funimation channel that it was Funimation that was releasing it.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Holy fucking shit, I'm dropping money on those Nana sets RIGHT NOW. One of the best shows I've watched in the last five years.[/QUOTE]

207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

For anyone curious about the series or Romeo x Juliet, I think they are still free on hulu. The whole series. Free. Legal. Personally, I am glad I didn't pay money for them.

For those who are on the fence about Nana, apparently, its on Hulu as well. (Wonder if its the english version, if its a viz dub its either really good, or really really really really really bad, with the VERY occasional mediocre)

[quote name='bardockkun']How is Gravion? I'm intrigued with the concept of boobs and robots.[/QUOTE]

It's fun enough. It's not very good, but there are indeed boobs and robots.

[quote name='Gden']For those who are on the fence about Nana, apparently, its on Hulu as well. (Wonder if its the english version, if its a viz dub its either really good, or really really really really really bad, with the VERY occasional mediocre)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, there's two dissenting opinions about Nana. I'm going to have to rush home and hulu an episode to see if it's worth buying the series.

Does anyone have an opinion on Texhnolyze? I've kind of been watching its price out of the corner of my eye, and the $34.99 price point finally seems reasonable, but I've heard that the show might be somewhat/really depressing (though I've also heard it's a very mature and philosophical show, which piques my interest).

I guess I'll also ask this, although it might be a ridiculous question: If you had to choose between Texhnolyze and Romeo x Juliet, which would you choose? I'd prefer if someone who's seen both anime answered the question, but anyone who's seen at least one of them can offer his/her opinion as well.

thanks for the info Kirin and zulux, you guys saved me some cash. I'll just wait for the Soul Eater Blu release because I loves me some HD, and won't bother picking up Tsubasa or Negima S2.

Now I guess I can spend some cash on Nana (gonna see an ep or 2 on hulu to see if it's my cup of tea first, though).

I only watched Nana dubbed and I liked it... it mostly uses a slightly newer/underused cast (the most familiar names are Kelly Sheridan and Brian Drummond), but I appreciate the variety after hearing so many Funi dubs with the same damn voices over and over again. None of the voices really stood out as bad to me, but then again I generally prefer dubs and I'm not much of a snob.

[quote name='Vigilante']Does anyone have an opinion on Texhnolyze? I've kind of been watching its price out of the corner of my eye, and the $34.99 price point finally seems reasonable, but I've heard that the show might be somewhat/really depressing (though I've also heard it's a very mature and philosophical show, which piques my interest).

I guess I'll also ask this, although it might be a ridiculous question: If you had to choose between Texhnolyze and Romeo x Juliet, which would you choose? I'd prefer if someone who's seen both anime answered the question, but anyone who's seen at least one of them can offer his/her opinion as well.[/QUOTE]
ROMEO X JULIET and Texhnolyze are totally separate genres.

I liked Texhnolyze, but I've only seen the first 6 episodes. It's kind of slow at times but it's very fascinating to see where it's all going.

Watched Romeo X Juliet for at least 8-10 episodes, really nice visuals (it's a Gonzo anime of course). If you like those shonen love stories then this one is for you.

Does anyone recommend Tsubasa Reservoir?

How are the:

- Animation?
- Story?
- Action Scenes?

Is there a good decent amount of actions or is it more like a lovey-dovey series (this is from CLAMP after all)?

Thanks.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']thanks for the info Kirin and zulux, you guys saved me some cash. I'll just wait for the Soul Eater Blu release because I loves me some HD, and won't bother picking up Tsubasa or Negima S2.

Now I guess I can spend some cash on Nana (gonna see an ep or 2 on hulu to see if it's my cup of tea first, though).[/QUOTE]

You can watch the entire Soul Eater series in HD on Netflix instant queue. That's how I watched it in all its HD glory. Favorite anime show hands down. LOVED the art style/theme and the music was great. The characters were extremely unique and noticeably grew throughout the whole show (except Maka, who seemed to get weaker and more whiny as the show progressed). I will definitely be purchasing this show when it comes out in a cheaper form because I can def see myself watching it all again.

[quote name='Vigilante']I guess I'll also ask this, although it might be a ridiculous question: If you had to choose between Texhnolyze and Romeo x Juliet, which would you choose? I'd prefer if someone who's seen both anime answered the question, but anyone who's seen at least one of them can offer his/her opinion as well.[/QUOTE]

Romeo x Juliet, easily. Texhnolyze can be a real slog, and while it's something I don't regret watching once, I doubt I'll ever come back to it. It's like watching a difficult art house film. Oh, and the ending is entirely unsatisfactory. Romeo x Juliet, on the other hand, is far more accessible, fun, and full of heart.

[quote name='Gden']For those who are on the fence about Nana, apparently, its on Hulu as well. (Wonder if its the english version, if its a viz dub its either really good, or really really really really really bad, with the VERY occasional mediocre)[/QUOTE]

The version of Nana on Hulu is in Japanese with subtitles. The dub is really well done, as far as dubs go, though.

[quote name='UNDERSTAR']Picked up Ranma 1/2 season 1-7, God, dont hate me now!!!![/QUOTE]
If it will make you feel better...

I got the first 5 Ranma 1/2 Box Sets a few years ago "ON SALE" for over $200. And I'm still 2 Box Sets short.

Complete 7 Box Sets for $140 = helluva better deal.

Texhnolyze is about as deep as a puddle and delivered by a Slowpoke wearing two monocles because he thinks that makes him look more intellectual.

Btw, SHIGURUI [Blu-Ray] for $15.99 is almost 50% off Amazon's lowest price of $28.99.

It's a really good samurai series with some deep character growth that I really enjoyed watching...

...until the ending, where it really does not have an ending nor reach a satisfying conclusion after all the big build-up. But that's just my humble opinion.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']The first episode of Nana is notoriously good. It goes downhill from there.[/QUOTE]

I very much disagree with this.

Just saw the first episode of Nana (english dubbed which sounds fine) and it was only okay (a little too girly for my liking but it's better than the first 5 minutes of Ouran). More often than not, whenever I dislike an anime at first I change my mind when I get to the 4-5 episode mark. Maybe Nana will do the same.

Really crossing my fingers on a sale tomorrow for the Case Closed movies, Death Note, and/or Gurren Lagann sets.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I very much disagree with this.[/QUOTE]

You have bad taste. Either that or you think whiny, stupid ditzes are fun to watch for forty episodes. That would still mean you have bad taste.

Also note that I am a fan of shojo/josei and still thought it was stupid. Many other shojo/josei manga offer similar stories to Hachi's without being as ridiculous about it. Nana Osaki is a better character, but it's really a wonder how she puts up with Hachi's shit and even seems to be infatuated with her for some ungodly reason. Ai Yazawa's own Paradise Kiss is a much better coming of age story.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']You have bad taste. Either that or you think whiny, stupid ditzes are fun to watch for forty episodes. That would still mean you have bad taste.

Also note that I am a fan of shojo/josei and still thought it was stupid. Many other shojo/josei manga offer similar stories to Hachi's without being as ridiculous about it. Nana Osaki is a better character, but it's really a wonder how she puts up with Hachi's shit and even seems to be infatuated with her for some ungodly reason. Ai Yazawa's own Paradise Kiss is a much better coming of age story.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you're just a heartless bitch. :D

bread's done
Back