12+ Days of Anime / Christmas Sale @ RightStuf.com (Extended to 12/23)

WTK

CAGiversary!
12+ Days of Anime / Christmas Sale @ RightStuf.com

last-12days.jpg

As the holiday season kicks into full swing, Right Stuf is here to make things even merrier – with 12+ days of savings on DVDs, box sets and bundles!

Each day, we’ll update our homepage with the latest additions to our list of holiday bargains, and everything on this list will be on sale until 11:59 p.m. CST on December 23rd. (No coupon codes are necessary.)

Please note**: K-drama titles from YA Entertainment will ONLY be available at the 12+ Days sale prices until 11:59 p.m CST on December 13th.

Have a safe and happy Holiday Season and enjoy some anime from RightStuf.com!

** EDIT 1: Honey & Clover, Nana, and Ranma 1/2 sets have gone up in price, and placed in the Weekly Specials

DAY 1 - On the first day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me...An amnesiac under the tree.

DAY 2 - On the second day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Two crazed otaku.

DAY 3 - On the third day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Three tempestuous tantrums.

DAY 4 - On the fourth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Four hip-hop fighters.

DAY 5 - On the fifth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Five Dragon Slaves!

DAY 6 - On the sixth day of Christmas, Santa Kleckner gave to me... Six meisters slashing.

DAY 7 - On the seventh day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Seven avenging angels.

DAY 8 - On the eighth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Eight missing memories.

DAY 9 - On the ninth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Nine mages training.

DAY 10 - On the tenth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Ten tempting treasures!

DAY 11 - On the eleventh day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me...11 maidens strolling.

DAY 12 - On the twelfth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Twelve heroes battling.

DAY 13 - A Bundle of Anime Joy!

Black Friday / Cyber Monday Bargains (Still Ongoing For Now) | ** While Supplies Last!

Everything Else (from Bargain Bins, Weekly Specials,...subjected to change):

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='refusedchaos']Im thinking of biting on the following:[/QUOTE]
*looks at your avatar* You don't have NGE already?

Just a heads up, Maburaho is pretty bad (and I like the light-hearted harem genre). The first half is ok, but the second half is not enjoyable.

Soul Eater is awesome! Unless you have a tv >=40" where hd anime makes a difference just go for the dvd sets. This is as cheap as I've seen them.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Season 4 is still good despite the voice change. I watch Inu Yasha so it didn't really bothered me at all. Plus Season 4 is where Ranma learns his Hiryu-Shoten-Ha which ties in with the fight scenes in the Ranma 1/2 Movies and some OAVs. Recommend getting both Movies and all the OAV sets for this series.

We did a Ranma 1/2 marathon last night and watched Season 1 and 2.

Season 1 Episode 4 is hillarious and it's what definitely hooked me into this! I forgot that this show was done in 1989 so it shows it's age, but it's still funny! The animation definitely got better by Season 2.

For those who got Season 1, you should also get Season 2 because Viz Video did something wierd and actually misplaced 3 episodes from Season 1 into Season 2 so there will be a part while watching the 1st season where a flashback scene pops up that you have not seen before, until you watch the 2nd season.[/QUOTE]
Season 4 is definitely good. Those who watch it SUBBED anyway should have no issues.

I myself prefer the English Dub because it's honestly much funnier, and easier to laugh at the comedic moments, rather than constantly reading it. And Richard Cox who takes over Sarah Strange in Season 4 is a really good voice actor still.

[quote name='refusedchaos']Im thinking of biting on the following:

Eden of the East Blu-ray
Basilisk Blu-ray
Madlax DVD Complete Collection
Girls Bravo DVD Complete Series
RahXephon DVD Complete Collection
Soul Eater DVD Sets 1-4 Bargain Bundle

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Good choice on RahXephon.

It's in the Evangellion genre but has it's own unique twist. I think it's actually much easier to understand and more relatable than Evangellion was, and I really enjoyed it especially the twist in the conclusion.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I even thought the movie was kind of ok(Even if I brought it for the Artbox).

Whew, ordered Nana. Between that and Death Note from Amazon, there shouldn't be anything I'll want for a long time. Only things I still wanna get are Durarara and Utena, and those won't be released and reach a decent price til after 2011.

[quote name='Brian9824']Don't waste your money on Ah my Buddha.[/QUOTE]

is it Love Hina bad?

[quote name='lilman']*looks at your avatar* You don't have NGE already?

Just a heads up, Maburaho is pretty bad (and I like the light-hearted harem genre). The first half is ok, but the second half is not enjoyable.

Soul Eater is awesome! Unless you have a tv >=40" where hd anime makes a difference just go for the dvd sets. This is as cheap as I've seen them.[/QUOTE]

I have own NGE several times, each time I sold/traded it because I got more than what I paid for it. Looking to pick it up again due to loving it but I really want a blu-ray version to come out. I doubt they will come out before the movie series finishes though.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Good choice on RahXephon.

It's in the Evangellion genre but has it's own unique twist. I think it's actually much easier to understand and more relatable than Evangellion was, and I really enjoyed it especially the twist in the conclusion.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I see, def picking it up then.

[quote name='Afflicted']Rightstuf has sets 1 & 2 on blu up for preorder.[/QUOTE]
ah, I didnt see that! Thanks!

[quote name='Indecisive Rattle']Only things I still wanna get are Durarara and Utena, and those won't be released and reach a decent price til after 2011.[/QUOTE]

Ah, this makes me me so happy! :D

[quote name='refusedchaos']is it Love Hina bad?
[/QUOTE]

Love Hina bad? wtf....

But no, Ah My Buddha is one of the worst harem animes I've ever watched, and I'm a huge fan of them. I never made it past episode 4 before I traded the entire collection off on Goozex. Everything about it, including the character designs is sub-par.

Yeah Love hina was a train wreck in consistency, plot, etc. It's also the reason many anime fans swear off dubs for the rest of their life. Its a perfect example of why you shouldn't let voice actors direct or cast

I enjoyed Love Hina, everyone around me, including my wife, find the anime "stupid" as they put it. I liked it for what it was. The dub was pretty bad and the back and forth love scenario was a little off but heck, I have seen worse anime.

Never watched Love Hina dubbed, and thought it was pretty good for a harem. The manga was good...

KareKano was what got me to swear off dubs though.

BTW, I thought Girls Bravo was horrible. I generally can't stand watching harem anime any more, but the best part about Girls Bravo is that it's not 24+ episodes. Not counting S2 of course, which I didn't watch.

[quote name='Brian9824']Yeah Love hina was a train wreck in consistency, plot, etc. It's also the reason many anime fans swear off dubs for the rest of their life. Its a perfect example of why you shouldn't let voice actors direct or cast[/QUOTE]

I don't watch dubs, so I never experienced that issue.

[quote name='backseatdog']omg i didn't see this thread until today and I missed out on Honey & Clover. NOOOOOOOOOO![/QUOTE]

Hmm, it says the Christmas sale is extended til December 23... maybe they were just messing with the prices while setting up the Geneon sale and H&C should be back to $23.99 soon.

[quote name='G-Nitro']Love Hina bad? wtf....

But no, Ah My Buddha is one of the worst harem animes I've ever watched, and I'm a huge fan of them. I never made it past episode 4 before I traded the entire collection off on Goozex. Everything about it, including the character designs is sub-par.[/QUOTE]

I like harem animes but I really didnt like Love Hina for some odd reason. Probably cause when I first watched it I was barely getting into anime so I watched it in dub XP

[quote name='elessar123']Never watched Love Hina dubbed, and thought it was pretty good for a harem. The manga was good...

KareKano was what got me to swear off dubs though.

BTW, I thought Girls Bravo was horrible. I generally can't stand watching harem anime any more, but the best part about Girls Bravo is that it's not 24+ episodes. Not counting S2 of course, which I didn't watch.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed Girls Bravo, plot didnt make sense but I enjoyed it. The banana scene was the best! :p

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Wow, pretty lame of them to remove some of the dvd sets from the christmas sale before 11:59CT tonight.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I was planning a pretty big purchase for tonight, including Ranma 1/2 and Honey & Clover, but now they're not getting my money. And actually, I probably won't buy the other stuff I was planning on picking up, either. Jerks.

[quote name='Indecisive Rattle']Hmm, it says the Christmas sale is extended til December 23... maybe they were just messing with the prices while setting up the Geneon sale and H&C should be back to $23.99 soon.[/QUOTE]
Let's hope this is the case...

[quote name='B:L']Let's hope this is the case...[/QUOTE]

It's not. Shawne already posted that the price increases on the Viz titles were forced upon him by the vendor. Yet another reason to fucking loathe Viz, but temporarily, I fucking loathe RightStuf as well.

[quote name='refusedchaos']I like harem animes but I really didnt like Love Hina for some odd reason. Probably cause when I first watched it I was barely getting into anime so I watched it in dub XP[/QUOTE]
It's not hard to understand why you disliked it... the anime was Garbage.

and fuck viz.... I was going to place my H&C order today.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']It's not. Shawne already posted that the price increases on the Viz titles were forced upon him by the vendor. Yet another reason to fucking loathe Viz, but temporarily, I fucking loathe RightStuf as well.[/QUOTE]
Can you please provide a link to where he posted that?

It makes no sense for Viz to increase the price before a sale is over. But then again, fuck Viz.

[quote name='refusedchaos']I like harem animes but I really didnt like Love Hina for some odd reason.[/QUOTE]
Same with me, I usually like harem anime but Love Hina was atrocious.

Oh wow! Ranma 1/2 got bumped up to $29.99 per season!

Pulled the trigger on Season 6 a few days ago along with Otome and D.Gray-Man, and was thinking of snatching Season 7 to finish off my collection along with Nana. Sigh. My fault for taking this long to decide.

Oh well, guess I I'll have to finish off Seasons 5 and 6 first then come back again next year. Thank you Viz.

Oh Viz... They're quickly becoming the Activision of the anime industy. And yeah, I'm still pissed about the Full Moon/Prince of Tennis/Hikaru No Go debacle.

[quote name='Zerok']Oh Viz... They're quickly becoming the Activision of the anime industy. And yeah, I'm still pissed about the Full Moon/Prince of Tennis/Hikaru No Go debacle.[/QUOTE]

I don't get the Activision bit, but yeah Viz is probably about as crummy as Tokyopop was (thank goodness they stopped licensing anime), except they did well with Death Note I thought.

To anyone who bought Toradora!, how's the artbook it came with? Worth the price?

My biggest issue with Viz is that are sitting on a number of anime licenses to series they do the manga with. Some that were announced back in the day were Rosario+ Vampire and Strawberry 100%. Unless the reports were some how inaccurate (they were on ANN a couple years ago), I'm not sure why haven't released them yet.

[quote name='Grico']My biggest issue with Viz is that are sitting on a number of anime licenses to series they do the manga with. Some that were announced back in the day were Rosario+ Vampire and Strawberry 100%. Unless the reports were some how inaccurate (they were on ANN a couple years ago), I'm not sure why haven't released them yet.[/QUOTE]
Funimation picked up Rosario+Vampire recently.

Hmm, that Viz debacle makes me wish I had bit on Honey and Clover now. The fact that it got pulled early and was so limited makes me want it more! At least I picked up Nana :D

[quote name='shrike4242']Does FMA: Conqueror of Shamballa take place before FMA: Brotherhood or afterward?[/QUOTE]

FMA's ending is basically Conqueror of Shamballa

Brotherhood follows the Manga.

I haven't watched much of Brotherhood, but I would not watch Shamballa before seeing the original FMA.

[quote name='shrike4242']Does FMA: Conqueror of Shamballa take place before FMA: Brotherhood or afterward?[/QUOTE]

Neither. The first FMA starts off following the manga, but only up to about half way. The rest is basically made up, and not very good at that. The series then end with some stuff explained, but new questions. The movie, also made up, gives closure to the first series.

On what we know as FMA:Brotherhood, the first 13 or so episodes more or less is a quick run-through of FMA's first half. But because it's so fast paced, it doesn't have the part about the mining town, which made one of the minor-ish characters appear out of the blue, unless you know him from FMA or the manga.

The 50 episodes following then matches the manga, and both of them were planned to end at the same time. It matches the source more, and is much harder to put down.

If you haven't seen the second half of the first series and the film, don't watch them, and just watch Brotherhood. Some would recommend the first half of the first series just because of how rushed it was in Brotherhood. I do think I had a better grasp of the characters' personalities when I watched Brotherhood because I saw the first half of the first series.

[quote name='elessar123']Neither. The first FMA starts off following the manga, but only up to about half way. The rest is basically made up, and not very good at that. The series then end with some stuff explained, but new questions. The movie, also made up, gives closure to the first series.

If you haven't seen the second half of the first series and the film, don't watch them, and just watch Brotherhood. Since would recommend the first half of the first series just because of how rushed it was in Brotherhood.[/QUOTE]

Blasphemy.

The FMA (non brotherhood) series is one of the best Anime series of all time. It has a perfect balance of humor, character development, and action. If someone does not watch the 'first' series and watches brotherhood, they are cheating themselves.

[quote name='slowdive21']Blasphemy.

The FMA (non brotherhood) series is one of the best Anime series of all time. It has a perfect balance of humor, character development, and action. If someone does not watch the 'first' series and watches brotherhood, they are cheating themselves.[/QUOTE]

No they aren't. At all. They are saving themselves.

[quote name='slowdive21']Blasphemy.

The FMA (non brotherhood) series is one of the best Anime series of all time. It has a perfect balance of humor, character development, and action. If someone does not watch the 'first' series and watches brotherhood, they are cheating themselves.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing when FMA came out. That perception changes after Brotherhood. Watch it, then say FMA even gets close to competing with Brotherhood.

[quote name='georox']No they aren't. At all. They are saving themselves.[/QUOTE]

I usually keep my mouth shut when it comes to the CAG Anime Crew's bad taste, but this is absurd.

edit:

[quote name='elessar123']I thought the same thing when FMA came out. That perception changes after Brotherhood. Watch it, then say FMA even gets close to competing with Brotherhood.[/QUOTE]

I watched the first 3 or 4 episodes and I had to turn it off. It is like FMA for ADHD kids. I know they want to cover the material quickly, but it is stripped down way too much.

[quote name='slowdive21']I usually keep my mouth shut when it comes to the CAG Anime Crew's bad taste, but this is absurd.

edit:

I watched the first 3 or 4 episodes and I had to turn it off. It is like FMA for ADHD kids. I know they want to cover the material quickly, but it is stripped down way too much.[/QUOTE]

No, they assumed people know those episodes from FMA already. After the first 13 episodes, which they're almost treating like a recap, it slows down to a perfect speed.

[quote name='slowdive21']I watched the first 3 or 4 episodes and I had to turn it off. It is like FMA for ADHD kids. I know they want to cover the material quickly, but it is stripped down way too much.[/QUOTE]

You did yourself a disservice. While it's true that the first 12 or so episodes of Brotherhood feel very rushed, it slows down to catch its breath right afterwards, and the remaining episodes are excellent.

That said, I like both shows for different reasons. The first one sets a more effective tone and does a better job of giving depth to its characters (probably because of the pacing issues early on in Brotherhood), but the second goes in a much more interesting direction. I didn't mind the second half of the first series, per se, but Brotherhood was more compelling over all. Anyways, regardless of the problems with each, they're both worth owning.

bread's done
Back