12 Month Gold $39.99 or $24.97 at GS 6/2-6/19

MSUHitman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Yes it's $5 cheaper at BB next week if you have GCU, but if you don't, or need it this weekend, or have GS credit to burn, GS is having a similar sale likely tied into a MS E3 promotion.

It's at the bottom of the last page of GS's Weekly Ad if you demand proof.

http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

Edit: There's an old Live SKU 780019 in GS (stores only) that you can get for $24.97 with the current Live sale promo. Link to pic is below.

Last edited by a moderator:
May do this as my GCU just ran out and BB has become inconvenient for me atm

But I need a PS+ deal!

Last edited by a moderator:
lol. These statements are so dumb. Best Buy isn't any better. I read more articles about them treating their employees like shit than I do GS.
While this is true, prices at BB are usually for the most part better. I mean everything is always more at GS and they are always hounding you to preorder something. Not only that but now they want to try and get you to buy a Criket cellphone. :)

I mean they both have their flaws and benefits. For me though BB is much better. Ever since I got GCU I hardly go to GS unless I'm looking for something used.

Heads up CAG bros, Amazon's digital code is also 40 bucks right now. Saves you the trip and the shame of buying from GS.
And Amazon doesn't take GS credit, so it's not always worth the saving of the trip, since lots of CAGs likely have GS credit. They also likely have Amazon credit as well, so they can pick and choose their credit use.

So here's a huge YMMV way to get Live for $25 with this promo. There's an old 360 era Live card on clearance at $44.97 that the current promo also takes $20 off on. SKU 780019
https://flic.kr/p/GWAp1S
Any brick seek equivalent way to look up any GS in your area that might have it in stock? Not worth ten bucks to drive to a dozen stores, although I know the few "ghetto" ass GS stores in the middle of failing, abandoned mini malls that'd be more likely to have it. Loved the weird, shitty GS where I found Shin Megami Tensai with the Jack Frost doll on PS2 for $20... in 2012.

i don't understand. how do i get it for $25? tell them to type in a code?
Like Donut said those old Live codes in the plastic prisons were preloaded. It's on clearance for $44.97 but the current GS promo takes $20 off of it also. See my pic.

Only way I know to look it up would be have a GS associate in store do a search via the SKU.

Like Donut said those old Live codes in the plastic prisons were preloaded. It's on clearance for $44.97 but the current GS promo takes $20 off of it also. See my pic.

Only way I know to look it up would be have a GS associate in store do a search via the SKU.
oh so if u have an employee who does understand or do the sky lookup u can't get it for $25

I assume that old live card has to be behind the counter if your store has it, right? Seems too big to be hanging on the gift card rack. 

I assume that old live card has to be behind the counter if your store has it, right? Seems too big to be hanging on the gift card rack.
Exactly. If a store does have it it's likely in a cabinet or in the back. Nothing special has to be done, it's pre-activated & rings up for $24.97 without anything special being done.

oh so if u have an employee who does understand or do the sky lookup u can't get it for $25
Well the problem at Gamestop is that if you do have them look it up, the employee may just tell you they are out of stock then buy them all up after seeing the price. There is a much higher chance at Gamestop they would realize how good of a deal that is than other stores.

I guess the tax thing is just my state, because it shows tax on checkout. My state has a red state legislature that has been busy cutting taxes on the wealthy and corporations and bumping up sales tax (and applying it to more items/services) instead to make up the difference.

I managed to scoop ONE up. Had to go way to Gratiot and 8 Mile and let's just say it's a darn sketchy GS. I asked if they had anymore and they guy said it was the last one. Surrre.

Managed to find 3 at my local gamestop. They were completely oblivious to their $20 off promo. Early christmas gifts for family and friends.

bread's done
Back