15% off one item - GameStop.com

Thanks for the response, I'll definitely be doing that.
Worth noting though that it may vary depending on if you paid off the preorder already or not. When I got GTA (Already had it paid off) they ended up just giving me $9 back in cash. If
You don't have the preorder paid off I imagine it would be easier to apply in the system.

Thanks OP, picked up the Season Pass for Titanfall. The more I play the more I enjoy the game...and I find it hard to quit once I've started playing, so I figure buying the season pass will be worth it. Every dollar saved helps!

A little OT, but does anyone know if PUR coupons like 15% off new items work when picking up pre-orders? I've been planning on trying to use a coupon that's on my account when I pick up Infamous on Friday, but if anyone knows that it won't work, I might cancel it and preorder Infamous online for in store pickup.
It seems to be working on pre-orders just fine

It mind boggles me how a company like Gamestop still doesn't have in-store pickup with orders online..  I don't wanna wait 5-10 days for free shipping when the store down the street has it in stock...but has stickers all over the case and it's opened.

Last edited by a moderator:

Worth noting though that it may vary depending on if you paid off the preorder already or not. When I got GTA (Already had it paid off) they ended up just giving me $9 back in cash. If
You don't have the preorder paid off I imagine it would be easier to apply in the system.
I actually held off on paying off my pre-order just because of that. Thanks for the help.

It seems to be working on pre-orders just fine
I was actually referring to a 15% off new items PUR coupon that I have rather than the paypal15 code. Wasn't sure if I wanted to risk trying the coupon in store when I pick it up or just cancel it and use the code to preorder online.

i used the code for xbox $20 card and to pre-order watchdogs  now i got the email confirmation and printed out the confirmation that says its:

$20 Xbox card

59.99 WatchDogs

-$3 15% off
-$9 15% off
Subtotal $67.99

+$3.57 tax
Total $71.56

But then when i went to view my recent orders it says 

Order total $80.56 

with no discount on the watchdogs

so which total is the right one???

Is this worth using to buy a 32gb vita card?!?!?! Hrmmmmm....

It mind boggles me how a company like Gamestop still doesn't have in-store pickup with orders online.. I don't wanna wait 5-10 days for free shipping when the store down the street has it in stock...but has stickers all over the case and it's opened.
I was able to add in-store pickup to my order of D3 expansion. I think it depends on what item it is you are trying to order.

I keep putting that code in, but it isn't applying to the cart. wtfffff

I ordered the Xbox 1 headset adapter at about 4am west coast time, with this and SAVER coupon for shipping hit about $23 including taxes, got  my shipping notification mid-day. No more running around.

opps, $27, it was 4am and I hadn't had coffee yet

I Pre-ordered two games but when I go to order history they come out as $64.98. I wonder if gamestop will honor the $55 price when I pick up the games?
Same thing happened to my order (placed on the 18th), was about to pick up Second Son tomorrow for 15% off, but the discount code doesn't apply anymore in my Order History.
Anyone know what's going on?

Tried to use it, takes the code, just doesn't apply to anything. Hopefully not dead, meant to use it the last couple days and just kept forgetting.

Does it not work for XBL cards anymore or is it just me?

I get this:

2yMZRrP.jpg

Do you have to pay with paypal?

i'm going to guess due to so many people using the 15% off (same as when people did the 2 game things for 500 sony rewards points) because it leaked out to CAG/other sites + friends, they stopped letting people use the code? would be my guess

I preordered from gs using this code for Infamous: Second Son.  Still haven't gotten a text saying I can pickup my game.  Hopefully they won't make me wait until the weekend.  Anyone in the same boat as myself? Can I just walk in to a gamestop if they have extra copies and have them give me the game with the 9 dollars off?

I preordered from gs using this code for Infamous: Second Son. Still haven't gotten a text saying I can pickup my game. Hopefully they won't make me wait until the weekend. Anyone in the same boat as myself? Can I just walk in to a gamestop if they have extra copies and have them give me the game with the 9 dollars off?
You don't have to wait for a text. I've never gotten a text even though my correct number is in their system. Just show up and pick it up. If you pre-ordered it, they should have had it shipped to your store already.

You don't have to wait for a text. I've never gotten a text even though my correct number is in their system. Just show up and pick it up. If you pre-ordered it, they should have had it shipped to your store already.
Okay, I'm going on my lunch break and see if I can confirm. The few times I have preordered before through their website they have sent me a text the night before that it's in. My order on the website still says open so I was just concerned that maybe my preorder was too late. I sent it in on 3/18 because I saw that the code took 9 bucks off (previously I had it reserved on Amazon)

I did as well, and have email confirmation, but my online status shows full priced. I'll be mad if I go in and get a speech about how it was wrong. The order went through. If they want to cancel, fine, but don't just magically take away the discount after the order is in the system.

Just got an email from them saying it was meant to be shipped to home items only, and that it's cancelled. I got a one time use coupon for things shipping to home if I want. Oh well

Just got an email from them saying it was meant to be shipped to home items only, and that it's cancelled. I got a one time use coupon for things shipping to home if I want. Oh well
Same here. Pretty bs move, they don't specify that and then just cancel your order. Hopefully Infamous isn't sold out in store....

YMMV But if you print out the email that shows the 50.99 due at instore pickup, they could do a manual override. It just happened to me. The cashier had to call the DM and ask permission LOL. He said it was the first time in many years he had seen anything like it so very YMMV

YMMV But if you print out the email that shows the 50.99 due at instore pickup, they could do a manual override. It just happened to me. The cashier had to call the DM and ask permission LOL. He said it was the first time in many years he had seen anything like it so very YMMV
Really? They told me when I went to go pick up inFamous that they needed a physical code to scan or something or they couldn't adjust the price, I should have said manual override. Oh well I guess.

Really? They told me when I went to go pick up inFamous that they needed a physical code to scan or something or they couldn't adjust the price, I should have said manual override. Oh well I guess.
They told me the same thing. They need some sort of code to enter into the system but in my case, he decided to honor my request after calling his boss since I printed out the full email. Still haven't gotten a cancellation email from gs regarding my "online" order for instore pickup. The way I see it, the code was never meant to be used for in-store pickup or preorders but for whatever reason it was allowed/went unnoticed and they caught it so now no one can use it anymore.

I printed out the e-mail too but they didn't offer to manual override it. I would have liked to save the 9 bucks but I'm not too torn up about it.

I just got the same thing. It took out the free shipping part which kind of kills the deal. I don't know if you can combine the SAVER coupon with this new coupon? Oh well, I probably shouldn't buy any more games right now anyways. I got Dark Souls and Infamous to play

Just got an e-mail about the order I placed saying the code was only valid for ship to home orders. They gave me a replacement code, but if I can't stack it with SAVER I'm gonna be pretty pissed.

Gamestop blows.

Edit: Whoa, apparently a bunch of you guys got that; dunno why the thread didn't show all these posts before

I placed a pre-order for in-store pickup and got the e-mail other people are getting as well.

Is there any way to cancel an order like this on the website? Everything just keeps directing me back to my order history page, which shows the order as still being open. However, I see no option to cancel the pre-order anywhere on the page.

I printed out the e-mail too but they didn't offer to manual override it. I would have liked to save the 9 bucks but I'm not too torn up about it.
I would highly recommend that you, and anyone else that had a similar issue email Gamestop customer service in regards to this, telling them exactly what happened.

I'm no expert in legal stuff, but this sure sounds like fraud to me (bait and switch maybe), and they at the very least should be reimbursing customers the discounted amount.

I was able to pick up my InFamous order in-store this morning, but I needed to get an override. Guy was on hold for 20 minutes before he finally hung up and gave it to me. Just got the email saying that I should replace the order for shipping with a new, one-time use coupon code.

Picked up my D3: Reaper of Souls today and the guy took the 15% off in store. He tried the coupon, didn't work. Tried to call them, they put him on hold. I asked him if he could just do an override and he said he didn't know how much off the coupon was. Told him 15% and he was like alright, im not gonna hold! Happyz!

I was able to get the discount on my copy of Dynasty Warriors 8XLCE today. I brought in the e-mail and he ended up manually adjusting it after looking up the order and going over the print out for 5 minutes. No calls needed to be made.

I would highly recommend that you, and anyone else that had a similar issue email Gamestop customer service in regards to this, telling them exactly what happened.

I'm no expert in legal stuff, but this sure sounds like fraud to me (bait and switch maybe), and they at the very least should be reimbursing customers the discounted amount.
i emailed them and after like 4 days of emailing back and forth they basically said the price is what the price is in the orignal email/order confirmation.. but i fully expect to having to sit there for 20 mins for them to override it

Just got an e-mail about the order I placed saying the code was only valid for ship to home orders. They gave me a replacement code, but if I can't stack it with SAVER I'm gonna be pretty pissed.

Gamestop blows.

Edit: Whoa, apparently a bunch of you guys got that; dunno why the thread didn't show all these posts before
Yeah I got the same email for DSW8.

Apparently the unique codes are good for 1 year. This is coming from Gamestop email support though, so I'm not sure about the validity of that.

bread's done
Back