15% Off Select Games at Amazon

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
[IMG-R=1]208[/IMG-R]Use coupon code GAMESAVE at checkout to receive 15% off hundreds of eligible titles. Many are already discounted.

Some of the more interesting items (price includes discount):
:ps3: Uncharted 2 GOTY Edition $38.24
:pc: Sid Meier's Civilization V $38.61
:wii: New Super Mario Bros Wii Special Edition Gift Set $56.94
:wii: Punch-Out!! Amazon.com Exclusive Little Mac Boxing Glove $59.49

iconamazon.gif
15% Off Select Games at Amazon - All Eligible Titles

Last edited by a moderator:
Tempting, really tempting. There are a lot of titles that I'm interested in in that list... but... I... must... be... patient... hopefully there will be better deals in the upcoming days (c'mon Black Friday & Cyber Monday!).

Even in a full price game ($59.99), 15% is somewhere around $9 (if the game is cheaper than that it's less then), if I passed the games when they were in pre-order (and had $10~$20 promotion), I could probably still wait :p

[quote name='bojay1997']I don't think Amazon will be getting more copies. It has been OOS for over a month and other retailers including Gamestop have delisted the game. I am guessing it is about to officially go Greatest Hits and they will probably just re-release the game with the added levels but no 3D glasses.[/QUOTE]
yeah, amazon already has their greatest hits page up. checked w/ GAMESAVE code. didn't work.
http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Greatest-Playstation-3/dp/B001E8VB6O/

be careful, though. they may still be shipping the older version (sans 3d compat.) until they run out of the old stock and/or get newer greatest hits stock in.

In for Uncharted 2 goty Thanks OP 40 was the price I am willing to pay so this works out. Speaking of black friday I have a suspicion that they will try to move the vanilla version at a great price not goty.

[quote name='tlwizard']Just tried to get UC2 GOTY but GAMESAVE wouldn't work (even though the product page mentions the discount.)[/QUOTE]

Wow, that is total BS.

A couple of thoughts Civ V for under $40 is an absolute steal (assuming your #1 priority is getting gaming hours out of a purchase).

As others have stated prices are likely to be lower in about a month (BF). However, that is always the case.

[quote name='tlwizard']Just tried to get UC2 GOTY but GAMESAVE wouldn't work (even though the product page mentions the discount.)[/QUOTE]

I would email customer service - maybe get a screenshot w/ the product page - I bet they'd honor it.

They have the infamous/dual shock 3 and resistance 2/dual shock 3 bundles eligible for the deal - 50 bucks after the coupon

I guess it's 25 for the game and 25 for the controller, which isn't bad

[quote name='DarkPGR']because Amazon has sold more HeartGold than SoulSilver? idk. You could just get him SoulSilver, is not like he is very picky, there aren't that many differences (And as a HeartGold owner, I admit the SoulSilver title screen is a LOT cooler).[/QUOTE]

Yes, but his brother has SoulSilver and so he wants HeartGold. I'm not about to get him the wrong version/same version just to save a few bucks. Plus, who knows, maybe it will drop lower or show up in my quick picks now.

Fable 3, Fallout NV, SWTFU, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, and WoW: Cataclysm in december... by the time i get to another game the MSRP will be under 40 bucks -__-

i snagged final fantasy 4 heroes and blazing souls accelate. gave me a reason to return the final fantasy i paid full price on at gamestop plus use my 20$ coupon for fable 3 on amazon =)

[quote name='~Spirit-of~']$28.89 for Dragon Quest IX.....tempting.[/QUOTE]

I know. But what are the odds that it'll be $20 on Black Friday?

[quote name='Jodou']Damn, where was this last year during all the ECA code stacking? 45% off games would've been hilarious.[/QUOTE]

heh I still have one more pre-order to be fulfilled from those ECA codes.. WoW Cataclysm =D

[quote name='aznguyen316']heh I still have one more pre-order to be fulfilled from those ECA codes.. WoW Cataclysm =D[/QUOTE]
Hehe, you have no idea. . .

Does this promo not work with game credit? I added a game to my cart and all my game credit pretty much took care of the cost at the checkout screen. I then added the GAMESAVE code thinking it will take the 15% off of the game cost and basically give me back some of my Amazon credit but I keep getting an error message saying:

"Important Message: We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions."

I have been poking around the site and I can't find any info about the GAMESAVE code restrictions so I was hoping someone here could shed some light on why it isn't working. And yes, it is a game on the eligible list "Uncharted 2: GOTY Edition" If not it's no biggie, I can just send Amazon an email. I was just curious if anyone else was experiencing this

[quote name='gauu']try doing the code first or something before choosing to use your credit??? shrugs that or call amazon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unfortunately the game credit is automatically applied. I will just contact Amazon and find out what the deal is. Thanks again

There's some really obscure stuff after like page 25 on that l list.

Edit: Hm, Civ 5 comes out to $40.79, even w/o tax and prime shipping. Where's that 38.65 price coming from?

[quote name='crunchewy']Yes, but his brother has SoulSilver and so he wants HeartGold. I'm not about to get him the wrong version/same version just to save a few bucks. Plus, who knows, maybe it will drop lower or show up in my quick picks now.[/QUOTE]

Good point. Yeah if his brother already has SoulSilver, then getting SoulSilver for him would be pointless too. Good luck with that (although I do think you should get it right away, the game is awesome and the special Mew distribution will be over this coming Saturday, so if you get it now with 2-day Prime shipping, he will be able to get his Mew).

I can't get it to work on ModNation Racers. It worked fine with Uncharted 2 GOTY. Is there a one-game limit or something? I even made sure I selected the MNR sold by "Amazon.com". (Default is "Sold by Buy-N-Save-Direct and Fullfilled by Amazon.")

[quote name='Wompdevil']Does this promo not work with game credit? I added a game to my cart and all my game credit pretty much took care of the cost at the checkout screen. I then added the GAMESAVE code thinking it will take the 15% off of the game cost and basically give me back some of my Amazon credit but I keep getting an error message saying:

"Important Message: We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions."

I have been poking around the site and I can't find any info about the GAMESAVE code restrictions so I was hoping someone here could shed some light on why it isn't working. And yes, it is a game on the eligible list "Uncharted 2: GOTY Edition" If not it's no biggie, I can just send Amazon an email. I was just curious if anyone else was experiencing this[/QUOTE]

I think you have to apply the coupon BEFORE the Credit, so if the Credit covers most or the whole price of the order, you have to use a different payment option, place the order with the GAMESAVE coupon, and then change the payment option to apply the coupon, or call Amazon for that too.

It should work like that. Alternatively, look for something else to order.

Zelda:TP came out 4 years ago (less a month) wonder if 15% off that $47.99 will finally push anybody over the edge ;-)

[quote name='Wompdevil']Does this promo not work with game credit? I added a game to my cart and all my game credit pretty much took care of the cost at the checkout screen. I then added the GAMESAVE code thinking it will take the 15% off of the game cost and basically give me back some of my Amazon credit but I keep getting an error message saying:

I have been poking around the site and I can't find any info about the GAMESAVE code restrictions so I was hoping someone here could shed some light on why it isn't working. And yes, it is a game on the eligible list "Uncharted 2: GOTY Edition" If not it's no biggie, I can just send Amazon an email. I was just curious if anyone else was experiencing this[/QUOTE]

If I'm not mistaken, your credit is a one time use. If you don't use all of it, then you're out of luck. You can't keep the unused portion of credit.

Definitely try calling them and see what they say.

[quote name='moojuice']There's some really obscure stuff after like page 25 on that l list.

Edit: Hm, Civ 5 comes out to $40.79, even w/o tax and prime shipping. Where's that 38.65 price coming from?[/QUOTE]
It was originally 45 dollars-ish yesterday, and the price rose a few dollars. That few dollars difference is probably going to make me hold off until the steam winter sale

[quote name='CreepinDeth']If I'm not mistaken, your credit is a one time use. If you don't use all of it, then you're out of luck. You can't keep the unused portion of credit.

Definitely try calling them and see what they say.[/QUOTE]

Not true. I ordered Kirby's Epic Yarn the other day and got a whopping 1 cent off, which was leftover game promotional credit. Woohoo!

[quote name='rjejr']Zelda:TP came out 4 years ago (less a month) wonder if 15% off that $47.99 will finally push anybody over the edge ;-)[/QUOTE]

It might, actually. My son wants it for Christmas (obviously he's never played it - nor have I), but I'm wondering if there will be any better deals between now and then. There hasn't been much in the way of deals for this game that I've seen, so this might be as good as it gets?

EDIT: or it would if the GAMESAVE coupon actually worked on Twilight Princess Wii, which it doesn't seem to, or it sure didn't when I just tried it. :(

[quote name='crunchewy']Not true. I ordered Kirby's Epic Yarn the other day and got a whopping 1 cent off, which was leftover game promotional credit. Woohoo![/QUOTE]

Awesome. That's good to know then.

[quote name='erequena']Is it me or they jacked up the prices for the sale? I remember Enslaved PS3 selling for 47 or so before this[/QUOTE]
What?!

$40 for NBA '07 on PS3 is totally a steal...

[quote name='ssjmichael']Wish Amazon didn't charge tax in NY :bomb:[/QUOTE]

yeah we get killed on taxes like 10-15 for taxes plus shipping that's why i get games that have next day shipping for 99 cents

[quote name='crunchewy']Yes, but his brother has SoulSilver and so he wants HeartGold. I'm not about to get him the wrong version/same version just to save a few bucks. Plus, who knows, maybe it will drop lower or show up in my quick picks now.[/QUOTE]

I have a hunch both of them will be hit with discounts once the holiday season starts.

How long has the New Super Mario Bros Special Edition gift set been in stock? From what I remember, this game has been out of stock for awhile.

In for Trinity Universe, though it's out of stock this will be the lowest I've seen it for awhile at least (with free shipping). Hopefully they get a new shipment soon.

bread's done
Back