1600 Microsoft Points $16.54 at Amazon (back again!) and Walmart.

Kendro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
64 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LeonSKennedy']

About to order my 5th! ;)[/QUOTE]

It did it again! I got a message stating that I could not order another card?

[quote name='tony72']Isn't holding out for the price to drop an additional 55 cents kind of TOO cheap ass?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing... Should bite now IMHO...

Awesome thanks OP. I may buy Poker Smash for $5 and MAYBE Puzzle Quest 2, although the first raged me like no other. I still can't beat the damn boss to save my life.

[quote name='cgarb84']Awesome thanks OP. I may buy Poker Smash for $5 and MAYBE Puzzle Quest 2, although the first raged me like no other. I still can't beat the damn boss to save my life.[/QUOTE]

Really? Only took me two tries. I loved that damn game.

[quote name='cgarb84']Awesome thanks OP. I may buy Poker Smash for $5 and MAYBE Puzzle Quest 2, although the first raged me like no other. I still can't beat the damn boss to save my life.[/QUOTE]

Those are the exact two games I bought with my first 1600 Points (love both of them so far).

[quote name='Disp0sable13']i just went there about 10 minutes ago, and did a price check, 19.99 still, i asked why their website advertised it as the sale price (16 and change) and they said my particular store prices locally, as opposed to the website, which prices nationally, or some bullcrap like that.

so, i wonder why i cant get a points card for the sale price....[/QUOTE]

Wal-Mart will not PM there own website as there are 2 separate entities. It's odd because BB has no problem PM'ing there own website.

[quote name='tony72']No tax if you get it at Amazon, and no shipping if your order is higher than $25.[/QUOTE]

And there is tax on it, it depends on what state you live in. KY, NY and there is a few others that tax online orders.

[quote name='saqqy']I don't think there's tax on these even in retail stores. I know the Xbox Gold sub 12 month sub cards aren't taxed, even at B&M stores.[/QUOTE]

Again it all depends on the B&M store. My local BB does not tax point cards or xbox like cards yet the WM and GS do.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']It did it again! I got a message stating that I could not order another card?[/QUOTE]

I still can't buy another 1600 Points card! How absurd is that! :bomb:

If I want to buy 10 cards, I should be able to do so!

[quote name='John187']What's the max Amazon is allowing to purchase this time around?

Pfft 1 blahhhh[/QUOTE]

It must be four (I can't order a fifth one), but you're limited to one card per order. I ordered 3 separate cards on 3 separate orders without issue. Then I attempted a 4th order for a 4th card, and received a message stating I had exceeded my maximum allowed amount. However, I placed another order the next day, and it was accepted.

The last two attempts I've made at ordering a 5th card have both been rejected, so I don't know whether I was lucky to be able and order the 4th card, or 4 is the limit? :oops:

Wait, but Target is offering them for 15 bucks? When did this happen? And why wasn't that added into this deal announcement as well?

[quote name='spincut']Wait, but Target is offering them for 15 bucks? When did this happen? And why wasn't that added into this deal announcement as well?[/QUOTE]

Huh? I went to their website, and it's $19.99 for a e-mail code, and $24.99 for a physical card! I'm confused! :?:

[quote name='Organ Donor']I could really use some points, but I don't have Prime and don't want to pay shipping.[/QUOTE]

I am in the same boat. If they would allow multiple purchases (of XBL cards) than I would be in but alas they don't.

Only really worth it if you order 2 or more since FSSS doesn't apply for one :/ Edit: Nm I see they don't let you order more than one.

[quote name='spincut']Wait, but Target is offering them for 15 bucks? When did this happen? And why wasn't that added into this deal announcement as well?[/QUOTE]

Someone earlier in the thread simply said they've seen them at Target for $15. I've seen PS2's sell for $1,000 on eBay. It was purely a past-tense thought and worthless post.

AH, was about to order some Ear Force X11 but now I have to decide if I want to use my GC to get 2 of these instead :(

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']It must be four (I can't order a fifth one), but you're limited to one card per order. I ordered 3 separate cards on 3 separate orders without issue. Then I attempted a 4th order for a 4th card, and received a message stating I had exceeded my maximum allowed amount. However, I placed another order the next day, and it was accepted.

The last two attempts I've made at ordering a 5th card have both been rejected, so I don't know whether I was lucky to be able and order the 4th card, or 4 is the limit? :oops:[/QUOTE]

I managed to get 2 seperate orders through and was denied on the third.

[quote name='Stry-ker']I managed to get 2 seperate orders through and was denied on the third.[/QUOTE]
more success than I've had. I was hoping since the month changed over since my first order I'd be able to order a second one now, but no joy.

Does Walmart offer anything in terms of a free shipping threshold? I'm guessing not, but I wouldn't mind ordering a couple of these if they'll allow it and the savings remain intact. I don't want to set up an account with their online storefront just to try and checkout though.

Yeah, it's kind of pointless to get them from Walmart unless you can somehow get free shipping. With shipping added in, it's pretty much equal with the $19.99 that's charged on Xbox.com (and with taxes in mind, it may actually be more!). I know what you're thinking.. just do in-store pick up, but that wastes gas. Not really worth "saving" ~$3.45 in my book.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']I know what you're thinking.. just do in-store pick up, but that wastes gas. Not really worth "saving" ~$3.45 in my book.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you were going to Walmart anyway to buy groceries or do shopping. It's not unusual.

[quote name='eastx']Maybe you were going to Walmart anyway to buy groceries or do shopping. It's not unusual.[/QUOTE]

Indeed.
FTR Walmart's webservice has always been broken. So if you check online via zip code and get either 'not available within 50 miles of" or get "Out of Stock" at a certain location... Its Probly' not the case at all.

Call 'em.

[quote name='eastx']Maybe you were going to Walmart anyway to buy groceries or do shopping. It's not unusual.[/QUOTE]

Meh. There's a big Costco-like store a mile or so from my house. I'm sure it's not unusual for some, though. Anyways, $3 isn't worth a special trip to Walmart.

I try to get them in bulk when I can find the 4000 point cards at $35 or lower, but if you're short on points, this is a good deal. Fortunately for me, I'm still sitting on plenty of points.

I was going to jump on this because my massive haul of 1600 cards from Kmart with the $10 off coupon is wearing thin.

I had a $10 ecard so it would only be the $6.xx but it is trying to charge me $4 for the most basic of shipping.. That brings it to normal price so kind of defeats the purpose for me : /

*Can the $10 game credit from Amazon be used towards a 1600 point card?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kiribee']If it's not letting you buy more, you can always just make another account, and keep doing that :D[/QUOTE]

That's always a thought too. I may just have my old man order them on his account and then I'll pay him back. :lol:

[quote name='BrolyB593']I was going to jump on this because my massive haul of 1600 cards from Kmart with the $10 off coupon is wearing thin.

I had a $10 ecard so it would only be the $6.xx but it is trying to charge me $4 for the most basic of shipping.. That brings it to normal price so kind of defeats the purpose for me : /

*Can the $10 game credit from Amazon be used towards a 1600 point card?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can use the $10 or $20 credit towards point cards.

can't you add the card and pre order a game to get free shipping n then just cancel the preordered game later on-

was going t try this out but i can't, since i already ordered a card on Monday with a dvd i was going to buy anyway-so it won't let me check if this would work since i exceeded my 1 limit.

[quote name='youenvy']can't you add the card and pre order a game to get free shipping n then just cancel the preordered game later on-

was going t try this out but i can't, since i already ordered a card on Monday with a dvd i was going to buy anyway-so it won't let me check if this would work since i exceeded my 1 limit.[/QUOTE]
I tried doing that with Glory of Heracles and Gears of War 3 a while back- when I tried to cancel Gears 3, it told me it was part of a "multiple item promotion" and told me it couldn't be canceled or to call customer service or something. I figure I've got plenty of time and the card may even be gone by the time it's supposed to ship, so I don't think I have much to worry about.

Thanks for posting this, OP! I'll definitely be picking one up. I'm going to be buying Hydro Thunder and Castlevania:HoD when they come out, as well as all the Blazblue:Continuum Shift DLC when it launches, so I need all the points I can get. :D

The last time amazon had these on sale I was able to order a max of 3 in my order. Only one per order, or per whatever time limit really kills this deal.

I ordered one a while back (but not soon enough to get any of the Summer of Arcade deals, sadly enough).

Got $20 credit from Singularity, will prob get at least one card if I can think of something else to get too. Maybe some of the comics I've been waiting on are out now.

[quote name='TurboPascal']For those that want 2, why can't you just order one from Amazon and one from Walmart?[/QUOTE]
in some instances, somebody might want to order 2 so they can get free shipping, if the order isn't over 25 you don't get free shipping, and im not sure about walmart, but i think they charge 97 cent shippin.

Oh wow amazing. I needed $15 for Deathspank coming up and I would have had $5 shipping but I got another free trial for amazon prime. :D

It amazes me that a retailer like Amazon.com would limit how many of these you can buy? I'd buy 5 more if they'd let me, but they would rather keep me from spending money at their site. Bizarre to say the least.

[quote name='archerbro74']in some instances, somebody might want to order 2 so they can get free shipping, if the order isn't over 25 you don't get free shipping, and im not sure about walmart, but i think they charge 97 cent shippin.[/QUOTE]

Walmart charges me $3.97 for standard shipping which kills the deal.

bread's done
Back