1990s Appreciation OTT - Post your favorite stuff/memories of the 90s

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='zewone']For RE4, they actually changed the native resolution from 640x480 to 1280x720. So it's not just upscaled.

Looks damn good too.

The controls do take some getting used to as first, but that only takes like an hour before it's all second nature.[/QUOTE]

That's better than what I heard. Ign said they just upscaled the gamecube version which kind of makes sense since some things look rougher than they should.

The euro cover for ico and shadow is so nice. Just picked it up from kmart.

[quote name='JStryke']I'll do you one better 83.

t_28703_02.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Pfft...15 straight NL East banners and only 1 World Series?

[quote name='Temporaryscars']

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LyRMYcHwf4[/QUOTE]

I never watched the show but I work with a guy who used to be on it.

Some of my favorite stuff:

Technically started in the late 80's but lasted through to the 90's
8.jpg

tumblr_lpbn58N4r11qb3mmfo1_400.jpg

And probably the best thing to come out of the 90's and will still kick the ass out of your favorite cartoon:

batman.jpg

I used to make 'hand grenades' at my frat with that ecto cooler stuff. We'd get the lil hugs and fill it up with ecto cooler, grain alcohol, grenadien, and something else. It was good but it was like a memory eraser.

90's were good times. Disney Afternoon - Darkwing Duck, Tale Spin, Duck Tales, Gummi Bears, Saturday morning cartoons, TGIF, etc.

And I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Pokemon! I was kinda old to get into it, but I still enjoyed it every once in a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux8mJUexBcM

I also remember the 0-27 Anthony Young. AY AY AY.

[quote name='Number83']Pfft...15 straight NL East banners and only 1 World Series?[/QUOTE]

Maybe so, but how many NL East banners have the Phillies won? ;)

I hacked a Gibson and saw Angelina Jolie's titties, when she was in her nerdy manic-pixie-dream-girl phase. Also, Johnny Lee Miller not only nailed Jolie but he was also in Trainspotting, lucky SOB.

I was in high school in the early 90s and started and then left college in the mid 90s.
It was a somewhat confusing and lonely time. I wasnt sure of myself or where I fit in.

For me the 90s were all about music, though.

It started with this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxKWTzr-k6s&ob=av2e

94 I started working at the college radio station which led to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTTgpTeb0Z8

Late 90s I had drifted past that and was listening more to jazz/free-form creative music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLUJZUKJ1BM&ob=av2n

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGxQ5XcyuNM

I feel like ATR would be quite the interesting show, though I don't know if I could actually stand to watch someone hit play on a computer and then yell for an hour.

[quote name='flowery']It's looking like UPS is going to fuck me on my Release-Date Delivery. Assholes, it was only coming from 82 miles away.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it, I've gotten deliveries at like 9 pm.

[quote name='Trakan']I doubt it, I've gotten deliveries at like 9 pm.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that's crazy. I just always worry about someone stealing it off my front porch.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']What's supposed to be delivered today, Flower-man?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='zewone']ICO/SotC?

My guess.[/QUOTE]

Yes, ICO/SotC and FIFA 12.

EDIT: Nevermind, I talk shit and then it shows up.

Well keeping with the 90's you have Nirvana to thank for Nevermind being a word. Before that album came out never mind was 2 words. At least that's true if you listen to what was said yesterday on Sirius.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVqlS1rKzzc

Saturday or Sunday was 20 years to the day that the album came out.

Angus hotdog :lol: boiled in black lager, served with diced Vidalia onions, and finally topped with a sprühregen of Bookman's creamy horseradish (sassy) and french's yellow mustard.

Ugh. I love how my iris now loves to completely open up, leaving just a small ring of brown around my pupil. It's not like I was trying to read or anything. :bomb:

Four words:

What makes me laugh though is that Beavis & Butthead are actually coming back starting on Oct. 27th on MTV. What's old is new again apparently.:roll:

[quote name='Beatofficer']What stores sell them?[/QUOTE]

The posts I've seen have said the majority of people found them at Costco or other wholesale type places.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I have never seen those anywhere around here but I can try looking at the Asian supermarket by work.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks! I know some posts specifically said people got them at Costco, but they were supposed to be released all over Cali at least. Some other sites said "west coast"

[quote name='Maklershed']

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

What makes me laugh though is that Beavis & Butthead are actually coming back starting on Oct. 27th on MTV. What's old is new again apparently.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Are you complaining that one of the greatest TV shows of the 90s is making a (hopefully) triumphant return to the air? What's wrong with you!? :wall:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Are you complaining that one of the greatest TV shows of the 90s is making a (hopefully) triumphant return to the air? What's wrong with you!? :wall:[/QUOTE]
It's because I no longer get MTV on the lower tier cable package I have through Comcrap(but atl east by switching we got rid of the 10 crappy sports channels I never watched:puke:).:cry: I don't feel like paying another $20+ a month just for the one night when B&B are on, so hopefully someone will make a thread like they did for the Thundercats reboot from CN and link to the episodes each week if they're hosted somewhere online.;)

I'm glad I'm not the only one that got up at the buttcrack of dawn on a Saturday just to watch Nick Arcade. I used to want to be on that show so bad.

One cannot mention Pepper Ann without mentioning Recess.

[quote name='Chika']The posts I've seen have said the majority of people found them at Costco or other wholesale type places.

Cool, thanks! I know some posts specifically said people got them at Costco, but they were supposed to be released all over Cali at least. Some other sites said "west coast"

Happy (real) birthday Mak!

That's awesome. I wish.

It may be triggered by stress and/or raise in blood pressure.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to Costco tomorrow, if I find any I'll let you know. (I live in California)

For those of you that got the code for Halo: Reach because of the system update problem, I'll buy it from you.

[quote name='Chika']

That's awesome. I wish.

It may be triggered by stress and/or raise in blood pressure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't get out to see ATR, for obvious reasons. Magic Stick would've been a nice place to for the show.

I'm guessing it's probably stress - I had a bunch of crap dumped on me after 4pm at work and, well, other things. It's still the same size this morning. (Usually, it's only twice as bi as the good pupil...)

[quote name='Beatofficer']I'm going to Costco tomorrow, if I find any I'll let you know. (I live in California)[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks!

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Yeah, I didn't get out to see ATR, for obvious reasons. Magic Stick would've been a nice place to for the show.

I'm guessing it's probably stress - I had a bunch of crap dumped on me after 4pm at work and, well, other things. It's still the same size this morning. (Usually, it's only twice as bi as the good pupil...)[/QUOTE]

Take 3-4 Motrin and apply a cool(not cold) compress. Take 5 minutes sitting in your car in the parking lot to compress your bad eye. It will feel a little better, at least.

[quote name='Chika']Cool, thanks!

Take 3-4 Motrin and apply a cool(not cold) compress. Take 5 minutes sitting in your car in the parking lot to compress your bad eye. It will feel a little better, at least.[/QUOTE]

Tried that last night - no joy. :cry:

[quote name='munch']For those of you that got the code for Halo: Reach because of the system update problem, I'll buy it from you.[/QUOTE]

Where was this offer before I redeemed it? :lol:

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Hmmm...also, why hasn't Sublime been mentioned yet?[/QUOTE]

Because they're so great they transcend a particular decade a la Rage Against the Machine.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Where was this offer before I redeemed it? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I posted it in that thread, but I think it got nuked. It stands for anyone else, though!

What do you guys think about the new kindle? I love mine. I want to see what the touch screen actually does. I don't think I want a kindle fire.

Thinking of picking up a Kindle Fire even though I already have an iPad and HP Touchpad. Would be nice to stream stuff from my Amazon account.
---
Zelda Four Swords for DS/3DS is free right now on the eShop if you guys are interested.

[quote name='TheRock88']Thinking of picking up a Kindle Fire even though I already have an iPad and HP Touchpad. Would be nice to stream stuff from my Amazon account.[/QUOTE]

Touchpad can stream Amazon Prime video, unless yer talking about something else.

[quote name='munch']I posted it in that thread, but I think it got nuked. It stands for anyone else, though!

What do you guys think about the new kindle? I love mine. I want to see what the touch screen actually does. I don't think I want a kindle fire.[/QUOTE]

I was so worried I missed the code because I thought I hadn't seen it that when I found it in my email trash bin, I immediately redeemed it (also a test to see if the problem I am seeing with my 400ms point bing code was with my account or the code). I totally would have sold it to you, I never play the game and already did pretty much everything in single player.

And I think if they push out a Kindle (bon)Fire with a 10" screen, I'll stop looking for HPTP and just get Chika one of those if she wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back