1990s Appreciation OTT - Post your favorite stuff/memories of the 90s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really hoping to hear at the amazon event that Amazon Prime streaming was coming to the 360, but it was a bust. :( I kind of am interested in the new Kindle Touch, but I suppose I should be sure I'm actually going to read if I get one. :)

Anyone in here want a code for 20 free 4x6 digital photo prints from SnapFish? Won it from McD's Monopoly and won't use it.

[quote name='darthbudge']Really thinking about biting on a Kindle Fire... but I also would like to see some reviews first.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know what version of Android is running. Some sites are speculating that Amazon made their own version of Android, but like you, reviews would be great.

Wonder if I should sell my Touchpad HP and just pre-order one.

[quote name='darthbudge']Does an Amazon pre-order charge you when pre-order or when the item ships?[/QUOTE]

Should be when the item shipped. I wasn't charged the $125 or so for my initial Gears 3 + Gears 3 LE order until they shipped.

Does anyone want to sell me their Gears of War 3 midnight launch comic? I'll boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy it at a fair price.

[quote name='Brak']Does anyone want to sell me their Gears of War 3 midnight launch comic? I'll boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy it at a fair price.[/QUOTE]

You have AIDS.

289hgea.jpg

Morning, OTT.

[quote name='JStryke']:(

Looks like I'm cheering for the Cards in round 1 of the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

The only other collapse of that magnitude that I can think of is the 2011 Red Sox...What, too soon?

Why are you drinking the Haterade over the Phillies again?

If anything they seem to be doing it the right way without all the attitude of say the Yankees:

1) Build a new Stadium and sell out every game over the past 2 years.
2) Spend proceeds of said stadium sales for top tier talent.
3) Solid GM who fills needs at trade deadlines.
4) ???
5) Profit.
__

Oh, Phillies in 4.

[quote name='Dkellar']Forks Over Knives was a very interesting documentary. And what was this about a free Halo Reach code?[/QUOTE]

If you got in the beta for the new disc format, you got a free ghetto ass copy of reach (wasn't retail, it was a burned disc with some regular text on it in a generic case).

After the most recent Halo Reach title update, the beta disc copies no longer worked, so MS gave anyone who was in the beta for the disc format a code for downloading Halo Reach from games on demand.

This rain. It doesn't stop. I've never seen anything like this in my entire life. Its pretty much rained every day for the past month. I think its finally gonna clear up this weekend (at least for a little bit).

[quote name='PlumeNoir']It's nice being at the office where I can take off my shoes...[/QUOTE]

Smelly office confirmed!

[quote name='Number83']Why are you drinking the Haterade over the Phillies again?

If anything they seem to be doing it the right way without all the attitude of say the Yankees:

1) Build a new Stadium and sell out every game over the past 2 years.
2) Spend proceeds of said stadium sales for top tier talent.
3) Solid GM who fills needs at trade deadlines.
4) ???
5) Profit.
__

Oh, Phillies in 4.[/QUOTE]

I never said the Phillies weren't a good team and weren't doing things a good way or whatever, but they are division rivals. If the Phillies were dead last and this was instead the Mets (lol), then I could wish them ill will if I wanted too. If you want me to congratulate the Phillies for posting their best franchise record ever, fine. But I don't have to root for them.

Also...I know the Giants aren't in the playoffs this year so the picture is a little of of context, but meh, it still works.

phuck-the-phillies.jpg

[quote name='JStryke']I never said the Phillies weren't a good team and weren't doing things a good way or whatever, but they are division rivals. If the Phillies were dead last and this was instead the Mets (lol), then I could wish them ill will if I wanted too. If you want me to congratulate the Phillies for posting their best franchise record ever, fine. But I don't have to root for them.

Also...I know the Giants aren't in the playoffs this year so the picture is a little of of context, but meh, it still works.

phuck-the-phillies.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Not insinuating that you have to root for anyone, except for your favorite team. Just wanted the background information as to why you don't like the Phillies. You don't like them because they are your favorite teams rival...I understand that.

I, for one, would like to wish Chipper Jones good luck on his back nine this weekend at the golf course. ;)
__

Mak, check out the Farmers Almanac...above average precipitation this winter in the Northeast. /goodtimes

[quote name='corrosivefrost']If you got in the beta for the new disc format, you got a free ghetto ass copy of reach (wasn't retail, it was a burned disc with some regular text on it in a generic case).

After the most recent Halo Reach title update, the beta disc copies no longer worked, so MS gave anyone who was in the beta for the disc format a code for downloading Halo Reach from games on demand.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks. I was curious if I missed out on a free game deal.

[quote name='Number83']

I, for one, would like to wish Chipper Jones good luck on his back nine this weekend at the golf course. ;)
[/QUOTE]

If back nine is code for the random Hooter's tail he bangs from each of metro's locales then yes, I imagine he'd appreciate your sentiments.
Cue Crazy Train!

[quote name='Number83']Mak, check out the Farmers Almanac...above average precipitation this winter in the Northeast. /goodtimes[/QUOTE]

Yeah but it says that every year. My grandparents were farmers and they swore by the Farmers Almanac and every year they'd tell me to get my sled ready cause it was gonna be the worst snow ever and every year its the same thing.

[quote name='maklershed']yeah but it says that every year. My grandparents were farmers and they swore by the farmers almanac and every year they'd tell me to get my sled ready cause it was gonna be the worst snow ever and every year its the same thing.[/quote]

Do you doubt the accuracy of Poor Richard?

The Neo Geo, FIghting games, Fresh Prince of Bel Aire, TMNT, etc.

The job hunt continues and nothing. Since I have my house paid off, I might just lay low and try for a slacker job in retail. I don't need much money to get by month to month anyway.

So is there something I am missing with muting teammates the battlefield 3 beta? I can't tell who is mic spamming nor can I figure out how to mute them!

That was fucking miserable.

I like to think I barely made it into the "90's kid" category...I was really more of a 95-05 kid in terms of growing up with cultural influences.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Should be when the item shipped. I wasn't charged the $125 or so for my initial Gears 3 + Gears 3 LE order until they shipped.[/QUOTE]
It's the day that it is released, not the day it's shipped. I was charged fro my pre-order for Bit.Trip Saga on 9/13 despite the game not shipping until the Monday after that.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's the day that it is released, not the day it's shipped. I was charged fro my pre-order for Bit.Trip Saga on 9/13 despite the game not shipping until the Monday after that.[/QUOTE]

That makes sense, I suppose. I'm just so used to things shipping release date that I probably never noticed.

Finally got around the playing Portal 2. I just went through the big fall. I cannot believe this game just got me to feel bad for Glados.

Ron Swanson probably just had the best line ever on Parks and Rec. Tonight is so full of awesome that it completely redeems last week.

New xbox up and running. Now...do I start Deus Ex from the beginning now or wait a year so it won't hurt so much to play all those fucking missions over again?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Ron Swanson probably just had the best line ever on Parks and Rec. Tonight is so full of awesome that it completely redeems last week.[/QUOTE]

I just shaved off my Ron Swansonesque beard like he had last week.

Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears
You can't Do That On Television
Saved By The Bell

And who can forget having a carphone? We had this one...
car+phone.jpg

Getting my first paycheck tomorrow, then heading out of work early and going home to Norfolk for the weekend. Actually not looking forward to driving four hours each way just to spend my weekend running around visiting people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back