1st CAG SSBB Season - Week 14: Championship & 3rd Place Matches + Smash Bowls MIA?

[quote name='eliter1']Oh it will be for the ages once I completely obliterate you :twoguns::cry:[/quote]

I don't know. Foo228 3 stocking eliter1 has a nice ring to it. :???: :rofl:

[quote name='The Chop Suey']@ Battlefield The Chop Suey (Snake) d. Dallow (metaknight), 2
@ Smashville The Chop Suey (Snake) d. Dallow (metaknight), 1
@ Smashville The Chop Suey (Marth) d. Dallow (Pikachu), 1

gg dallow you get alot of pressure in there with you side b attacks[/quote]GG.
Wasn't as quick as I wanted to be.

[quote name='evergoo']Smoked, dallow. Smoked...
:bomb::bomb::bomb:

I shall overcome!
That's what I get for getting cocky.
#13 for life unless you upset Joe next week. Lol.[/quote]

[quote name='zitanix']@Battlefield: DK (zitanix) d. Sheik (Amigo), 2
@Battlefield: Marth (Amigo) d. DK (zitanix), 1
@Battlefield: DK (zitanix) d. Metaknight (Amigo), 1

Good games, Amigo! Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you didn't play Link? You were doing well with him in our friendlies.[/quote]

Haha thanks, the way the second round ended with ridiculous.

It's been getting harder and harder for me to get the timing and such down online, setting up with bombs and rangs, arrow canceling, zair edgeguarding, and all sorts of things just frustrate me when I attempt to do them. Especially with mistiming it with Link's fastfall.(I'm pretty sure I died trying to fastfall to a chain recovery when I was playing with you). I feel like the only thing I can do reliably is DAC. Plus recovering with Link is sometimes tough enough. :bomb: His upb fails.

[quote name='FallMoon']I am still alive! Chibi, if my wi-fi works, we can battle very soon.[/quote]

Ok, ready whenever you are.

More results from me! This is a Week 1 match that went unplayed until now.

@ Battlefield: King Dedede (JoeB1233) d. Snake (foltzie), 1
@ Smashville: King Dedede (JoeB1233) d. Snake (foltzie), 2

GGs foltzie! Thanks for sticking around for those few extras!

Sandbag reporting in, make up match from Week 1

@ Battlefield, JoeB1223 (King Dedede) d. foltzie (Snake), 1
@ Smashville, JoeB1223 (King Dedede) d. foltzie (Snake), 2
@ Bridge of Eldin, JoeB1223 (Sheik) d. foltzie (Snake), 1

Holy crap, I just looked at the division results. I would say I feel like the Houston Texans, but since they would be offended at the comparison instead I shall say that I feel like the Dolphins.

Don't call yourself sandbag, man. You did quite well! Let's play again soon! :)

PS - Joe, you are up to date until THIS point.

[quote name='JoeB1233']Don't call yourself sandbag, man. You did quite well! Let's play again soon! :)

PS - Joe, you are up to date until THIS point.[/QUOTE]

Fret not, I started the Sandbag gag after my strength of schedule was posted. Self-deprecation is fun.

[quote name='Foo228']I don't know. Foo228 3 stocking eliter1 has a nice ring to it. :???: :rofl:[/quote]

So, have you though about a good date and time for me to completely wipe the floor with you.:lol:

[quote name='foltzie']Fret not, I started the Sandbag gag after my strength of schedule was posted. Self-deprecation is fun.[/QUOTE]

Given that your schedule is full of #10 players (JohnnyFoxDarko aside), and ranked #1 in my schedule difficulty formula, I think you got the short end of the stick in this season. So far your opponents have a 70% win rate, which is crazy! Marc's stats were based on speculation, and my stats confirm it. I hope you come away with at least 1 win this season!

Ingwe, I think I have you registered, but you are still showing up as unregistered on my list. Might want to add me if you want to play our game this week. ;)

I talked to zerowing last week when he started having difficulties with his internet, so I'm just kind of waiting standby at the moment. Hopefully he gets it fixed soon.

[quote name='eliter1']So, have you though about a good date and time for me to completely wipe the floor with you.:lol:[/quote]

This Friday. 9PM PST/12 EST.

Sound good or would you be sleeping early?
Anytime post-5pm est is good but evening would be best. So you know...most people would be sleeping (or not playing this game online!) and our lag won't be as bad.
gold digger :cool:

You know, I always used PST/EST but Blue is correct with PDT/EDT b/c we're observing Daylight Savings Time.

When it's winter we can go back to PST/EST. I had to Wikipedia it to learn the truth. Lol.

sorry about not having you registered james. i misread jamez on my friends roster. thanks for waiting.

@ smashville, wjhard63 (samus) buttle (pikachu), 1
@ battlefield, wjhard63 (samus) buttle (kirby), 2

@final destination, wjhard63 (marth) buttle (marth) 1

nicely done, i just couldn't keep up.

[quote name='buttle']sorry about not having you registered james. i misread jamez on my friends roster. thanks for waiting.

@ smashville, wjhard63 (samus) buttle (pikachu), 1
@ battlefield, wjhard63 (samus) buttle (kirby), 2

@final destination, wjhard63 (marth) buttle (marth) 1

nicely done, i just couldn't keep up.[/quote]

Wait a minute, samus is a good character? I always thought that Samus was a joke character.

Samus' problem: she can't kill.

She can rack up damage, but you need Kill Moves to win.

At the same time, she's very heavy so it's kinda hard to kill her.

[quote name='hero101']Wait a minute, samus is a good character? I always thought that Samus was a joke character.[/QUOTE]

Just because she's not as good as she was in Melee or that she's lower tier doesn't mean she's a "joke character."

[quote name='evergoo']Samus' problem: she can't kill.

She can rack up damage, but you need Kill Moves to win.

At the same time, she's very heavy so it's kinda hard to kill her.[/quote]
Her kill move are slow. But she have the charge beam move. And those tiny bombs to avoid throws. :roll:
Wow, I offended Kado. I better practice samus to redeem myself. Somehow I dug my own grave.

[quote name='evergoo']You know, I always used PST/EST but Blue is correct with PDT/EDT b/c we're observing Daylight Savings Time.

When it's winter we can go back to PST/EST. I had to Wikipedia it to learn the truth. Lol.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, I've never heard of that before.

[quote name='hero101']Wait a minute, samus is a good character? I always thought that Samus was a joke character.[/quote]

Come to think of it, I've never faced a really good Samus...

[quote name='hero101']Wow, I offended Kado. I better practice samus to redeem myself. Somehow I dug my own grave.[/QUOTE]

Heh... you didn't offend me. I was just stating that there's a difference between a joke character and a nerfed/low tier character.

[quote name='Arikado']Heh... you didn't offend me. I was just stating that there's a difference between a joke character and a nerfed/low tier character.[/quote]
So which one is the joke character, Kado?

Edit: He has that kool falcon punch. And then double high kick. But he slide around too much with his heel on that smash. He seems like a hit and run character like Falco.

Last edited by a moderator:
I concur with Captain Falcon along with Ganondorf.

Sakurai decided to nerf both of them together while buffing up the Links.

[quote name='evergoo']I concur with Captain Falcon along with Ganondorf.

Sakurai decided to nerf both of them together while buffing up the Links.[/QUOTE]

I feel that the new Link is actually weaker in Brawl than he was in Melee. Sure, he gets a spiffy new wind boomerang, and his arrow range is slightly longer, but his weight has increased greatly, the grapple hook feels shorter, and his spin attack has been greatly nerfed. Enough so that it feels like more was taken away from Link than was given.

Toon Link is of course much better than Young Link ever was in melee.

[quote name='Foo228']This Friday. 9PM PST/12 EST.

Sound good or would you be sleeping early?
Anytime post-5pm est is good but evening would be best. So you know...most people would be sleeping (or not playing this game online!) and our lag won't be as bad.
gold digger :cool:
[/quote]

That sounds good right now but don't hold me to it, things might change come closer to Friday, but I'm thinking it would have to be before 8:00 PST or after 10:00 PST
[quote name='hero101']Wait a minute, samus is a good character? I always thought that Samus was a joke character.[/quote]

Hey didn't UltimoRey have a good Samus, I can't remember if it was him or someone else.

Just a quick reminder.

Deadline for Week 4 Poll is tonight at 11:59 PDT.

Only 7 people have sent their ballots in so far, and I would like to double that. Lets see if we can't get the highest participation so far this week. Good luck!

@ Hanenbow (YA RLY), Maigoyume (Lucario) d. Lurk (Pit), 1
@ Corneria, Maigoyume (Lucario) d. Lurk (Toon Link), 2

and a bunch of fun matches afterwards, mostly involving Ike and A LOT of fairs :lol:

Reason for the closer matches, I didn't play any practice rounds before my match, but Lurk did alright. Definitely got hit by moves that normally shouldn't be touching me.

[quote name='maigoyume']@ Hanenbow (YA RLY), Maigoyume (Lucario) d. Lurk (Pit), 1
@ Corneria, Maigoyume (Lucario) d. Lurk (Toon Link), 2

and a bunch of fun matches afterwards, mostly involving Ike and A LOT of fairs :lol:

Reason for the closer matches, I didn't play any practice rounds before my match, but Lurk did alright. Definitely got hit by moves that normally shouldn't be touching me.[/QUOTE]

yeah
my confidence in my abilities are always shot down.
couldnt take losing any more in the after rounds
good ike mai
ggs
1-4 :bomb:

[quote name='evergoo']ChibiJosh, I'm ready when you're ready.[/quote]

Ready-ish. Just gotta turn on my system. Be on in ~5 minutes. Who's hosting?

I think you have the better connection so you should host.

GGs, ChibiJosh. I really wanted some friendlies afterwards. :whistle2:(

BTW, down b would have helped a lot.

Game 1: @ Halberd, evergoo (R.O.B.) d. ChibiJosh (Lucas), 3
Game 2: @ Battlefield, evergoo (Snake) d. ChibiJosh (Lucas), 3
Game 3: @ Smashville, DNP :whistle2:(

[quote name='evergoo']I think you have the better connection so you should host.

GGs, ChibiJosh. I really wanted some friendlies afterwards. :whistle2:(

BTW, down b would have helped a lot.

Game 1: @ Halberd, evergoo (R.O.B.) d. ChibiJosh (Lucas), 3
Game 2: @ Battlefield, evergoo (Snake) d. ChibiJosh (Lucas), 3
Game 3: @ Smashville, DNP :whistle2:([/quote]
Wow, 3 stocks in a row. Did you spam excessively? :bouncy:

[quote name='Rig']hero, I'm pretty sure I sent a PM about our match. I do play you this week, right?[/quote]
Yep, rig. I'm not sure when I get home on Friday. I guess somewhere near 10pm EST. I guess I'm good to go like 10:30ish. But I'm never really sure about time. I'm usually a half hour off.

[quote name='hero101']Wow, 3 stocks in a row. Did you spam excessively? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I keep telling you guys: it's not spam, it's called camping.

Lulz.

[quote name='hero101']Yep, rig. I'm not sure when I get home on Friday. I guess somewhere near 10pm EST. I guess I'm good to go like 10:30ish. But I'm never really sure about time. I'm usually a half hour off.[/quote]

We could play the matches now, if you have time.

Now... ummm..I'm not ready...Actually I'm never ready Rig...:roll: It's one of those feelings.
I have vote now blue...well, polls again. We only have to vote once every four years for the election.

Sandbag (Holy Crap I won) reporting in,

@ Smashville, Foltzie (Snake) d. JohnnyFoxDarko (Yoshi), [1]
@ Lylatt Cruise, Foltzie (Snake) d. JohnnyFoxDarko (Diddy Kong), [1]
@ Battlefield, JohnnyFoxDarko (King Dedede) d.Foltzie (Snake), [1]

Good matches JohhnyFD and sorry about having to replay the first round (forgot to re-turn on Stock after recreating my room).

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']I hate you 1 second lag.
I can't believe I lost those matches. :bomb::bomb:
I suicided like twice with each character.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did that a few times with Snake's down+A, more than normal it seemed. Your Lucas in the match afterwords toasted me... 3-0 creaming.

That's it Marc. If you want to camp fight us in counterstrike or team fortress 2. Then you could spam all you like. :bomb:

I voted for brawl poll. So this is topic related except for the top portion.

[quote name='foltzie']Sandbag (Holy Crap I won) reporting in,

@ Smashville, Foltzie (Snake) d. JohnnyFoxDarko (Yoshi), [1]
@ Lylatt Cruise, Foltzie (Snake) d. JohnnyFoxDarko (Diddy Kong), [1]
@ Battlefield, JohnnyFoxDarko (King Dedede) d.Foltzie (Snake), [1]

Good matches JohhnyFD and sorry about having to replay the first round (forgot to re-turn on Stock after recreating my room).[/QUOTE]

Damn you JFD! I was wondering if anyone would go 0-8 this season.

Now, my only hope lies in yukine. Lol.

Edit: Wth is up with your sig, Moxio? Did you do something bad?

bread's done
Back