1st CAG SSBB Season - Week 14: Championship & 3rd Place Matches + Smash Bowls MIA?

[quote name='foltzie']One of two options. I suck, or he is better at ZSS than one thinks.

In this case he was actually Zero Suit Samus for the bulk of the fight, but started off as Samus and dropped the armor for some projectiles.

Also, I have yet to jettison the Classic Controller, which is doing me no favors it would seem.[/quote]

I'm starting to hate the classic controller. The inputs don't come out when I press the button sometimes. I could start over with the regular gamecube controller.

Edit: foltzie, you were beaten by Zero Suit Samus not regular Samus. It all makes sense now.

Edit: I suck as well. Marc keep beating my ass around. I'm getting sick of constantly using Pit. I should use someone else. urghhhh...

Edit: I should pick up snake. His normal 3 hit combo is crazy strong. And he is really a tactical character.

[quote name='foltzie']One of two options. I suck, or he is better at ZSS than one thinks.

In this case he was actually Zero Suit Samus for the bulk of the fight, but started off as Samus and dropped the armor for some projectiles.

Also, I have yet to jettison the Classic Controller, which is doing me no favors it would seem.

Did I mention I suck? Plus I'm stubbornly working with just one character that appears to come with many many quirks.[/QUOTE]

Snake is not an easy character to master or pick up so don't feel too bad.

[quote name='suko_32']Snake is not an easy character to master or pick up so don't feel too bad.[/QUOTE]

Thanks suko_32, I'm not really complaining, just some self deprecating humor.

I'm having a blast, so far with this Smash Bros I've really enjoyed the quirky characters so I tend to stick with Peach or Snake. If Sonic was easier to control (I know that he works as designed) I would use him more often.

What's KhaosX's brawl code? I can't seem to find it. Also, I shall be using my roomie's Wii today/tomorrow for the games I need to play.

(Temp) Brawl code: 3480-2204-1304

Alright, no problem dastly. I'm waiting for you to join now.

results:
dastly75 (g&w) d. Foo228 (pika), 2
dastly75 (g&w) d. Foo228 (lucas), 2

One of the best g&w's I've faced. Period.

Last edited by a moderator:
Foo has a fierce pikachu. Great games, some of the games off the record were far more intense and close but regardless good games foo, nice to play someone on my skill level.
Please correct me if I'm wrong on these:
Dastly75 - Home --- Foo228 - Away
@ Battlefield, Dastly75(Game&Watch) d. Foo228 (Pikachu), 1
@ Frigate Orpheon, Dastly75(Game&Watch) d. Foo228 (Lucas), 2
@ PictoChat, Dastly75(Game&Watch) d. Foo228 (Lucas), 2

[quote name='Mr. Beef']What's KhaosX's brawl code? I can't seem to find it. Also, I shall be using my roomie's Wii today/tomorrow for the games I need to play.

(Temp) Brawl code: 3480-2204-1304[/quote]

My code is in my sig. PM me when you're available to play, i should be available for the rest of the day and ill reply to the pm immediately if i am on the computer.

gg beef
@ FD, Mr.Beef(Lucario) d. KhaosX(Pit), 1
@ FD, Mr.Beef(Lucario) d. KhaosX(Pit), 1
@ FD, KhaosX(Pit) d. Mr.Beef(Lucario), 1

Thanks for staying behind also beef. I seriously need to get use to this input delay.

Pretty interesting. Over here at the campus i havent played any serious DKers so i didn't know what i was expecting. I liked that last throw down you did on me when I was pit, I gotta give that a try.

:lol: I had forgotten all about that. You gotta wait until they're about 30+ percent to do it, and you can only do it on Smashville and, apparently, FD.

i came in here expecting to see the results of Mr. Beef vs. maigoyume, but instead got Mr. Beef vs. KhaosX. :whistle2:( Don't worry though, KhaosX, I recall you getting extremely far in the 1st CAG tourney so I'm sure you were a formidable opponent for Mr. Beef.

I'll update the OP with both your FCs. Sorry guys, I forgot.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I forget, is the match between me and maigo due tomorrow, or next week?[/QUOTE]

It's due this week. If maigo doesn't respond, he uses his bye.

@ FD suko_32 (Rob) vs Foltzie (Snake) 3
@ BF suko_32 (Falco) vs Foltzie (Snake) 3
@ Smashville suko_32 (D3) vs Foltzie (Snake) 3

This is for week 7 (OP is still on 6 and will be updated sometime soon probably). We did our match in week 6 because foltzie may be busy this week. Now that we're on the correct week for this match, we can post the results.

@ Battlefield, dallow (Meta Knight) d. yukine (Ike), 1
@ Smashville, dallow (Meta Knight) d. yukine (Kirby), 2
@ Lylat Cruise, dallow (Pikachu) d. yukine (Luigi), 2

Thanks for the games dallow, the losing streak continues.

[quote name='yukine']@ Battlefield, dallow (Meta Knight) d. yukine (Ike), 1
@ Smashville, dallow (Meta Knight) d. yukine (Kirby), 2
@ Lylat Cruise, dallow (Pikachu) d. yukine (Luigi), 2

Thanks for the games dallow, the losing streak continues.[/quote]Good games my man! :)

@ Battlefield: Wolf (zerowing) d. King Dedede (Ingwe), 1
@ Battlefield: Snake (zerowing) d. King Dedede (Ingwe), 2

For fun:
@ Final D: Pit (Ingwe) d. ROB (zerowing), 1

I'm ready AmigoOne. Just waiting for you now.

When you do hop on, please post since I'll be doing some FFAs.

Don't forget, you're hosting b/c your connection is probably better.

Game 1: @ Battlefield, Snake (evergoo) d. Captain Falcon (AmigoOne), 3
Game 2: @ Battlefield, R.O.B. (evergoo) d. Marth (AmigoOne), 1

Lol, the second time was my bad. The last time I didnt think it would matter since you already won the first 2 so I chose random :p

I've never played a good Snake before. That was a good game, a whole bunch of setups. Which was actually frustrating as CF..

[quote name='hero101']When does hero fight ZNX? He doesn't know.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not today, lol.

I'd say go to sleep so that you can play your best against him because you'll need it.

Made a mistake this week while creating the Smash Headlines for Week 7.

Arikado has not clinched a berth spot yet for the Knuckle Joe Division Championship. Still too close to call.

I updated the OP already and will update again for Week 7's Smash headlines.

Yoink, Looks like a clinch for suko_32

@ Final Destination suko_32 (R.O.B) d. foltzie (Snake), 3
@ Battlefield suko_32 (Falco) d. foltzie (Snake), 3
@ Smashville suko_32 (King DeDeDe) d. foltzie (Snake), 3

EDIT: 3 straights ouch bad notes

[quote name='foltzie']Yoink, Looks like a clinch for suko_32

@ Final Destination suko_32 (R.O.B) d. foltzie (Snake), 3
@ Battlefield suko_32 (Falco) d. foltzie (Snake), 2
@ Smashville suko_32 (King DeDeDe) d. foltzie (Snake), 3[/QUOTE]

Is suko trying to confuse me with all his 'mains'? :whistle2:k

Your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me! :speaktothehand:

P.S. foltzie, he already clinched #1 before your match. :p Also, that's pretty embarrassing foltzie. 9-stocked. Lol.

[quote name='evergoo']Is suko trying to confuse me with all his mains? :whistle2:k

P.S. foltzie, he already clinched #1 before your match. :p[/QUOTE]

No lol, I just like to switch it up most of the time

[quote name='evergoo']Is suko trying to confuse me with all his 'mains'? :whistle2:k

P.S. foltzie, he already clinched #1 before your match. :p Also, that's pretty embarrassing foltzie. 9-stocked. Lol.[/QUOTE]

Well then I shouldnt have taken it so easy on him... Yeah thats my story...

Ahem.

Just a friendly reminder.

Week 5 is over, so
yada, yada, yada... do people read this?
send in your polls for week 5's games by Wednesday, September 17th @ 11:59 PDT.

[quote name='JoeB1233']Blue, watch!

I'm totally gonna submit my rankings two weeks in a row![/quote]oh SNAP

Btw you up for some matches Joe?

[quote name='maigoyume']oh SNAP

Btw you up for some matches Joe?[/quote]

I'm going to lunch right now, and my roommate is studying right now. We'll see how things look in a half-hour or so. ;)

[quote name='dyeknom']:([/quote]

Sorry. I went to my parents' over the weekend, and they neglected to tell me that the room I sleep in had its ceiling fall down a couple days prior. So, I spent a large part of the weekend cleaning that mess up (only to have more fall down Sunday morning).

So, since I'm out of the division championship, is there any real reason for me to bother playing this week (and making up last week)?

bread's done
Back