1st CAG SSBB Season - Week 14: Championship & 3rd Place Matches + Smash Bowls MIA?

[quote name='The Chop Suey']haha thanks maigo, i dont think i did well at all the lag totally messed up my game i was seriously pissed but it was definitely fun wish we could play in person[/quote]There definitely was a decent amount of lag, I was having problems doing simple combos.

Slower chars tend to work much better online because of the lag, thats why I swapped to Ike for that last match :D

Joe, you're up to date until this point.

I'd release the Smash Records, but I'm going to wait until this week ends. This thing needs some work. :)

[quote name='dastly75']Dastly75@Wjhard
@Smashville Dastly75 (G&W) d. Wjhard (Samus) 3
@Yoshi's Island Dastly75 (G&W) d. Wjhard (ZSS) 2
@Battlefield Dastly75 (Jigglypuff) d. Wjhard (ZSS) 2

GGs Wjhard, sucks that you kinda accidentally killed yourself once or twice.[/QUOTE]

GG's Dastly. My timing was off tonight - I don't know what happened. Thanks for sticking around and playing extra games.

[quote name='JoeB1233']Joe, you're up to date until this point.

I'd release the Smash Records, but I'm going to wait until this week ends. This thing needs some work. :)[/QUOTE]

NOOOOOOO!!!!!

I wanna see them. :whistle2:(

[quote name='hero101']Someone should lose to Yukine at least once.[/quote]

Id throw a non-division one for him/her, but I don't play him/her :/

The wise Jedi Master has seen the future correctly.

yukine will go flawless in losses.

Your Week 8 match is Mr. Beef and unless he breaks BOTH of his hands, I cannot see this padawan winning.

[quote name='yukine']What happened to me getting a default win from TimPV3 not showing up!?

This is outrageous.[/quote]

We wouldn't want that happening. It is like you fighting a california roll. :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yukine']What happened to me getting a default win from TimPV3 not showing up!?

This is outrageous.[/QUOTE]

Mr. Beef happened. Remember? He took over TimPV3's schedule.

To hero, wth does California Rolls have to do with anything? :lol:

[quote name='evergoo']Mr. Beef happened. Remember? He took over TimPV3's schedule.

To hero, wth does California Rolls have to do with anything? :lol:[/quote]

Bah! Whatever, if I recall correctly I think I predicated an 0-8 run, but I just wanted to play to have fun which I have.

I have no idea, maybe he is implying that I'm some sort of sushi aficionado, therefore eating a California Roll would be me cheating myself? But I don't really like sushi to begin with. :whistle2:#

[quote name='evergoo']Mr. Beef happened. Remember? He took over TimPV3's schedule.

To hero, wth does California Rolls have to do with anything? :lol:[/quote]

errr....ickyyy...idk......:bomb:

It's Thursday Friday and time for the Smash Polls & Schedule Strengths to be released! 12 votes have been received, so thanks to Arikado, BlueLobstah, Daisydog, eliter1, evergoo, foltzie, hero101, JoeB1223, maigoyume, Rig, suko_32 and zitanix for your ballots. Now for the polls!

Note: There was an error in last week's poll causing votes for either Mr. Beef or KhaosX to be incorrect due to the shifting around of players. I apologize for the error and those responsible for the mistake will be sacked.

Week 6 CAG Poll & Rankings

Player (1st Place Votes) / Record / Previous Ranking

1. Arikado (6) (6-0) 1
2. suko_32 (3) (6-0) 4
3. JoeB1223 (2) (4-1) 2
4. evergoo (5-1) 5
5. maigoyume (1) (6-0) 3
6. zitanix (5-0) 6
7. BlueLobstah (tie) (4-2) 7
7. Daisydog (tie) (4-2) 9
9. The Chop Suey (5-1) 8
10. Mr. Beef (1-4) NR
11. Mad D (2-4) 11
12. zerowing (3-2) 12
13. dallow (4-2) 13
14. dyeknom (2-3) 15
15. Ingwe (3-3) 14

Other(s) receiving votes:
Rig, hero101, KhaosX, foltzie, eliter1, JohnnyFoxDarko, AmigoOne, Foo228, yukine, dastly75.

Dropped from rankings:
Your mom.

There's been quite a bit of shifting in the polls this week. suko_32 takes second place after an upset over JoeB1223 causing him to drop a spot. Even after a win over the highly decorated Mr. Beef does not help maigoyume as he falls 2 spots in the polls. It's a close race between BlueLobstah, Daisydog and The Chop Suey with both BlueLobstah and Daisydog tied for 7th, and The Chop Suey following very close behind. Is #11 the new spot for Mad D? It seems so, as his ranking remains unchanged from last week's poll. Two players were very close to being ranked 15th, Rig and hero101 with only a few points difference between them and Ingwe. The most interesting vote goes to yukine, with his 0-6 schedule he still managed to receive a vote from someone. Good job!

Schedule Strength

Schedule strength is determined by the win/loss ratio of all of the opponents of the player not including any games with the player vs the opponent. A perfect schedule (all wins, no losses) will result in a score of one, while the opposite (all losses, no wins) will result in a score of zero. The following schedule strength should be up to date through all games played through week 6.

Player / Score / (Win-Loss)

1. foltzie 0.6579 (25-13)
2. JoeB1223 0.6500 (26-14)
2. hero101 0.6500 (26-14)
4. AmigoOne 0.6410 (25-14)
5. yukine 0.5854 (24-17)
5. dallow 0.5854 (24-17)
7. dastly75 0.5641 (22-17)
7. zerowing 0.5641 (22-17)
9. Arikado 0.5500 (22-18)
9. wjhard63 0.5500 (22-18)
9. The Chop Suey 0.5500 (22-18)
12. Gothic Walrus 0.5405 (20-17)
13. Ingwe 0.5385 (21-18)
13. Mad D 0.5385 (21-18)
15. evergoo 0.5263 (20-18)
16. suko_32 0.5128 (20-19)
17. zitanix 0.4878 (20-21)
18. Lurk 0.4865 (18-19)
19. maigoyume 0.4750 (19-21)
20. eliter1 0.4595 (17-20)
21. ChibiJosh 0.4500 (18-22)
21. Foo228 0.4500 (18-22)
23. dyeknom 0.4286 (18-24)
24. Mr. Beef 0.4250 (17-23)
24. buttle 0.4250 (17-23)
26. JohnnyFoxDarko 0.4103 (16-23)
27. BlueLobstah 0.3947 (15-23)
28. Daisydog 0.3611 (13-23)
29. Rig 0.2632 (10-28)
30. KhaosX 0.2564 (10-29)

See you again next week for more exciting polls and results!

i have to be honest in saying, though i lost all season (yes counting a loss that will be added next week agianst blue), i have had fun. dyeknom pointed out that my issue is that im not aggressive enough and i realise he is right. before i started playing online, all the friends i played in lan werent aggressive, we didnt edge gaurd or attack while in the air that often. thats how im used to playing and i guess i still have trouble adjusting. i know ive complained randomly but all in all its been fun guys and gal

@ Smashville, Rig (Kirby) d. ChibiJosh (Lucas), 2
@ Battlefield, Rig (Kirby) d. ChibiJosh (Lucas), 2
@ Pictochat, Rig (Jigglypuff) d. ChibiJosh (Lucas), 1

Thanks for the additional matches. Don't know why we had the disconnects. I would play longer, but I need to eat and get going.

"The most interesting vote goes to yukine, with his 0-6 schedule he still managed to receive a vote from someone. Good job!"

:lol:

Nice, real nice. Someone make me a little medal or something, that can go into my signature to commemorate me as the "Worstestest Smash Player"

[quote name='yukine']"The most interesting vote goes to yukine, with his 0-6 schedule he still managed to receive a vote from someone. Good job!"

:lol:

Nice, real nice. Someone make me a little medal or something, that can go into my signature to commemorate me as the "Worstestest Smash Player"[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but did you see your schedule strength? #5.

I guess that's my only "beef" so far with the league is the schedules are very... varied. I don't know really how to avoid it, but it would be nice to see if it could be done with any future tournaments/leagues.

I was just looking at the league games. There's some great potential for rematches! JoeB vs. suko, zitanix vs. evergoo, Arikado vs. The Chop Suey, BlueLobstah vs. dyeknom (or Rig vs. Blue/dyeknom). I'm looking forward to seeing the outcomes of those games!

Since all of you guys (excluding the co-hosts) were too afraid to show off how much you suck at Photoshop, here are the trophies I MADE that will be given to the winners of each division.

Knuckle Joe

Lakitu

Little Mac

Mr. Resetti

Nintendog

Tingle

I hope these trophies are enough of an incentive to kick ass in Week 10! I'll also make 6 more trophies for the Bowl games.

Edit: Fixed. Silly me couldn't understand why certain ones were smaller than others when in fact imageshack decided to put most of them in thumbnail mode. #-o

When do I fight goo? I spent 2 hours trying to fix that computer. I give up, it is definitely not the power supply. I just might buy a new desktop.

[quote name='hero101']When do I fight goo? I spent 2 hours trying to fix that computer. I give up, it is definitely not the power supply. I just might buy a new desktop.[/QUOTE]

How about 9:30? I still need to eat dinner! I spent too much time editing those trophies. I haven't used Photoshop in years!

Edit: I changed my mind. 9:30 will be the time we fight. I just got dinner.

I was home team:
@ Lylat Cruise, Arikado (Falco) d. dallow (Metaknight), 2
@ Yoshi's Island, Arikado (Falco) d. dallow (Metaknight), 2

...and just for fun:
@ Delfino Plaza, Arikado (Mr. Game and Watch) d. dallow (Pikachu), 2

Good games, dallow. It's ridiculous how fast Metaknight can rack up damage as you showed during my first and third stocks that first match. Sorry for not sticking around after the third, but I've got more MGS4 to play. :lol:

Mad D (Metaknight) d AmigoOne (Marth) @ Junglejapes 1 stock left
(I'm sorry for the lag Amigo my connection says 17000dl speed but my ping is 50+ makes it inconsistent).

Mad D (Metaknight) d AmigoOne (Snake) @ Battlefield. 1 stock left
I'm tired of these mutha fucking Snakes on this mutha fucking battle plain, third week in a row fighting a Snake, wish I tried Metaknight against Chop though :cry:

bonus
AmigoOne (Metaknight) d Mad D (Olimar) @ Smashville 2 left
Gave me a taste of my own medicine, Olimar got gimped. I don't think I can use him in tournament play anymore.

Pretty nice Metaknight Amigo, I can't do that infinite cape with my broke ass c-stick :whistle2:\ Why didn't you go with Link? Thanks for sticking around for extra matches, had fun with the double Metaknights. Good post game to you too Rig.

Mad D (Metaknight) d AmigoOne (Marth) @ Junglejapes 1 stock left
(I'm sorry for the lag Amigo my connection says 17000dl speed but my ping is 50+ makes it inconsistent).

I'm tired of these mutha fucking Snakes on this mutha fucking battle plain, third week in a row fighting a Snake, wish I tried Metaknight against Chop though :cry:

bonus
Gave me a taste of my own medicine, Olimar got gimped. I don't think I can use him in tournament play anymore.

Pretty nice Metaknight Amigo, I can't do that infinite cape with my broke ass c-stick :whistle2:\ Why didn't you go with Link? Thanks for sticking around for extra matches, had fun with the double Metaknights. Good post game to you too Rig.

---
edit:
win-streak? Wondering if I'll get some ranking love?

Hmm...

I don't know about pushing you up in the Smash Polls (b/c #7-10 are also very good) but you definitely didn't get upsetted by the good player AmigoOne.

BTW, MK > Olimar.

Great job on those division trophies, goo. Still haven't heard from beef for our match yet.

Then it's just me and the undefeated Arikado. No sweat.

[quote name='Foo228']Great job on those division trophies, goo. Still haven't heard from beef for our match yet.

Then it's just me and the undefeated Arikado. No sweat.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Foo. If you can beat Arikado, I'm sure you'll get ranked. Good luck, though. :roll:

And here is the trophy for the 1st CAG Super Smash Bros. Brawl Smash Bowl Tournament Champion (damn, 16 syllables; say that 2 times fast):

Other Bowl Trophies are coming soon!

Last but not least, no one is going home a loser. Even though half of the CAGs won't get ranked, I'm sure they pwn their friends or local players in Brawl. So here is your trophy, you veteran. May the ass-kicking be with you!

[quote name='Mad D']Mad D (Metaknight) d AmigoOne (Marth) @ Junglejapes 1 stock left

bonus

[/quote]

Lol, after that first round, I think I would gotten shredded apart with Link.
I was actually inspired from evergoo's Snake :p, wanted to try some of his setups and such and see how it would turn out. Didn't turn out too well...
I want to play your MK again. But maybe not on jungle japes, ugh, I constantly thought I was doing good that match until I got KOd.

[quote name='evergoo']Thanks Foo. If you can beat Arikado, I'm sure you'll get ranked. Good luck, though. :roll:

And here is the trophy for the 1st CAG Super Smash Bros. Brawl Smash Bowl Tournament Champion (damn, 16 syllables; say that 2 times fast):

Other Bowl Trophies are coming soon!

Last but not least, no one is going home a loser. Even though half of the CAGs won't get ranked, I'm sure they pwn their friends or local players in Brawl. So here is your trophy, you veteran. May the ass-kicking be with you!

[/QUOTE]

i get something after all!

[quote name='evergoo']Thanks Foo. If you can beat Arikado, I'm sure you'll get ranked. Good luck, though. :roll:[/quote]

Now it's personal. Arikado, I'm gunning for you! (and well, a season bowl shot too).

"The undefeated" Arikado vs. "The unranked" Foo228
in either the biggest underdog or ass whopping of a match this season! Or both!

You're lucky I'm not sub-zero so I could freeze you and take advantage while I could. Because I would. :cold: (come on laggggggggggggggggggggggg...:pray:)

[quote name='Foo228']Now it's personal. Arikado, I'm gunning for you! (and well, a season bowl shot too).

"The undefeated" Arikado vs. "The unranked" Foo228
in either the biggest underdog or ass whopping of a match this season! Or both!

You're lucky I'm not sub-zero so I could freeze you and take advantage while I could. Because I would. :cold: (come on laggggggggggggggggggggggg...:pray:)[/QUOTE]

I've heard you use the Captain. I suggest we settle this Falcon vs. Falcon... that is, if you're man enough.

Be afraid....
1206350632427.jpg

Yowza, that mug demands spoiler tags lest someone stare into the polygonal abyss and find themselves hunched over drooling into their keyboard after their feeble mind snaps.

[quote name='Arikado']I've heard you use the Captain. I suggest we settle this Falcon vs. Falcon... that is, if you're man enough.

Be afraid....
1206350632427.jpg
[/quote]

Well I'm not going to promise anything...but one of the days prior, would you be up for a Falcon night? Just some good old, Falcon-on-Falcon, man-on-man, matches? :cool:

Quoted in full just so more people can see the beauty that is Capt Falcon.

Goo, I haven't mentioned, but great trophies! I can tell you worked hard on them! Way to go!

Also, zerowing and I as well as zitanix and I should be playing today. Let's hope this happens. :)

I'm going to use my bye against BlueLobstah this week. I've got too much work to do for classes and a career fair to prep for, so I won't be around for most of the day.

[quote name='JoeB1233']Goo, I haven't mentioned, but great trophies! I can tell you worked hard on them! Way to go![/quote]

Thanks for the compliments, Joe. There will be one bonus feature to all the trophies that I will announce in next week's Smash Headlines. Everyone will enjoy it, including the unranked players. :D

P.S. Gothic Walrus, I updated the OP regarding your bye.

Hey, everyone! Sorry I haven't voiced any large threats towards Foo's direction, but I've been mega busy as of late, trying to keep sane as work keeps piling up. If Foo is free tonight, then we can do this match tonight. If the deadline is tonight, and Foo can't make it tonight, then I was wondering if I can ask for an extension of a day or two.

Well, I get off work around 6 PM Pac time, and I should (hopefully) get back home and be ready around 7-ish. PM me your AIM/MSN info, just in case, so I can contact you if I'm a little late.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Hey, everyone! Sorry I haven't voiced any large threats towards Foo's direction, but I've been mega busy as of late, trying to keep sane as work keeps piling up. If Foo is free tonight, then we can do this match tonight. If the deadline is tonight, and Foo can't make it tonight, then I was wondering if I can ask for an extension of a day or two.[/QUOTE]

As Referee Mills Lane always said: "I'll allow it!"

Two days max since you joined late.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Well, I get off work around 6 PM Pac time, and I should (hopefully) get back home and be ready around 7-ish. PM me your AIM/MSN info, just in case, so I can contact you if I'm a little late.[/quote]

Alright, so 10ish est time sounds about right. 2 practice then the real deal?

aim: foorealz28

For some reason it didn't click earlier, but have you guys ever seen Semi-Pro
me vs. arikado - the megabowl! (or the game that should matter for no apparent reason!) :)

Results! Both away:

@FD, zitanix (Olimar) d. Ingwe (Dedede), 1
@FD, zitanix (Olimar) d. Ingwe (Dedede), 1

@Smashville, JoeB (Yoshi) d. zitanix (MK), 1
@FD, JoeB (Dedede) d. zitanix (DK), 2

I fell right into your counterpicks, Joe! I'm too lazy to find the angry emoticon, but pretend it's here!

Just kidding, good games to both Ingwe and JoeB.

Some results (winner in red):

JoeB1233 @ zerowing
(Week 7)
@ Smashville: King Dedede (JoeB1233) d. Wolf (zerowing), 3
@ Smashville: Yoshi (JoeB1233) d. Snake (zerowing), 2
@ Smashville: Sheik (JoeB1233) d. Capt. Falcon (zerowing), 2

zitanix @ JoeB1233 (Week 3) - Video to come, courtesy of Blue!
@ Smashville: Yoshi (JoeB1233) d. Meta Knight (zitanix), 1
@ Final Destination: King Dedede (JoeB1233) d. Donkey Kong (zitanix), 2
@ Yoshi's Island (Wii): Meta Knight (zitanix) d. Sheik (JoeB1233), 2

And with that, I'm no longer on the delinquency report. :)

bread's done
Back