1st CAG SSBB Season - Week 14: Championship & 3rd Place Matches + Smash Bowls MIA?

Hey yukine. Sorry for being tardy, but I'm available now. Gimme dem Brawl digits.In case you missed any of the times I posted them, my digits are: 3480 2204 1304. The code on the front page is incorrect.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Battlefield, Dastly75 (G&W) d. JohnnyFoxDarko (Lucas), 2
@Lylatt Cruise, Dastly75 (G&W) d. JohnnyFoxDarko (Pikachu), 2

Good Games JFD.

JoeB1233 @ AmigoOne (Week 8)

@ Battlefield: King Dedede (JoeB1233) d. Marth (AmigoOne), 1
@ Battlefield: King Dedede (JoeB1233) d. G&W (AmigoOne), 1
@ Battlefield: Yoshi (JoeB1233) d. Capt. Falcon (AmigoOne), 1

Winner: JoeB1233

Nice, close games, Amigo. I wish I would've warmed up since I haven't played for a few days, but I'm happy with any win. :)

That Capt. Falcon/Yoshi match was miserable. We weren't connecting any attacks. In fact, I should have been less clumsy in all of those matches.

Now to train for my rematch against suko. :)

Hehe. :D I actually didn't have any egg roll related deaths - I just wasn't setting up combos like I should have been. And I did, like, one pivot grab. Against Mr. Melee Capt. Falcon.

Yeah, regardless of the player, I should have been all over him.

EDIT: Plus, I was away. Stage choice wasn't under my control. ;)

EDIT2: Smash Records are up-to-date through this point.

EDIT3: Hero, I'm sorry you're sick with the flu. Hope you recover quickly!

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Hey yukine. Sorry for being tardy, but I'm available now. Gimme dem Brawl digits.In case you missed any of the times I posted them, my digits are: 3480 2204 1304. The code on the front page is incorrect.[/QUOTE]

Beef, I updated your FC on the front page.

Are you playing on a different Wii now?

@ Carneria: Toon Link (eliter1) d. Lucas (ChibiJosh), 2
@ Battlefield: Toon Link (eliter1) d. Lucas (ChibiJosh), 3

Wish we could have played some more games since I am a little rusty, I have only played my two Smash Matches in the last 3 weeks, haven't played any other matches. Hopefully someone is online later today so I can get some practicing

suko_32 vs. evergoo is about to commence in 30 minutes.

I haven't played Smash in 2 days and would love to warmup before my match.

[quote name='maigoyume']I'm going to enjoy blasting you with aura spheres :cold:[/QUOTE]

Aww don't be like that :cry:

Great games suko_32. I'm glad I didn't play you in 1-on-1 friendlies during the season. Otherwise, you would know my tendencies with certain characters.

suko_32 @ evergoo

@ Smashville: Snake (evergoo) d. R.O.B. (suko_32), 2
@ Frigate Orpheon: R.O.B. (evergoo) d. Toon Link (suko_32), 2
@ Final Destination: Diddy (evergoo) d. Ness (suko_32), 1

In Game 1, I was surprised to see a R.O.B. in the first match. I was expecting Mr. G&W, Pikachu, or some other small character. In Game 2, Toon Link surprised me even more b/c R.O.B.'s projectiles are deflected by Link's shield. Have you played with Toon Link in the season yet? Anyways, I can't believe I killed myself twice (even though they were at high percentages): once as Snake and once as Diddy. It's hard to make recovery mistakes with R.O.B. ;)

Lemme say one more thing: it was hard planning for this match. I had to choose stages very carefully as well as think of the mains I wanted to play and the possible counterpicks you may choose.

Good at too many characters + Counterpicks galore = Opponent's head explodes :bomb:

I still need to unlock like three characters (including Toon Link), I think I'm getting close to doing it the hard way... I need to check my Smash Records.

I hate the Subspace Emissary, so yeah.

Results from Maigoyume vs dastly75 (Home)

@ Battlefield, Maigoyume (Lucario) d. dallow (MK), 2
@ Smashville, Maigoyume (Lucario) d. dallow (MK), 1

Winner: Maigoyume *yay*

Extra:
@ Lylat Cruise, Maigoyume (Lucario) d. dallow (Pikachu), 2

All in all those were good matches, Best of luck in the rest of the tourney :)

Dyeknom @ Daisydog
@ Smashville, Daisydog (Link) d. dyeknom (Game&Watch), 1
@ Yoshi's Island, Daisydog (Link) d. dyeknom (Game&Watch), 1
Winner: Daisydog

Fun, close games Dyeknom! :applause: We each had a suicide so that kind of evened things up, I guess :lol: Thanks for all of the extras too.

----
Good job Marc! :D

[quote name='maigoyume']Results from Maigoyume vs dastly75 (Home)

@ Battlefield, Maigoyume (Lucario) d. dastly75 (MK), 2
@ Smashville, Maigoyume (Lucario) d. dastly75 (MK), 1

Winner: Maigoyume *yay*

Extra:
@ Lylat Cruise, Maigoyume (Lucario) d. dastly75 (Pikachu), 2

All in all those were good matches, Best of luck in the rest of the tourney :)[/quote]

I know you love beating me but I'm pretty sure I didn't just play you...

[quote name='dastly75']I know you love beating me but I'm pretty sure I didn't just play you...[/QUOTE]

I think maigo meant to put dallow in there.

[quote name='suko_32']I think maigo meant to put dallow in there.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I was like What the fuck? How dare maigo play his Division Championship match two weeks in advance.

Did you change your friend code or something?

Finally got my ass handed to me. :lol:

I had you in as B-Mac, so was that my mistake or did you change your name/code? I think I registered you when Smash first came out.

[quote name='evergoo']Great games suko_32. I'm glad I didn't play you in 1-on-1 friendlies during the season. Otherwise, you would know my tendencies with certain characters.

suko_32 @ evergoo

Good at too many characters + Counterpicks galore = Opponent's head explodes :bomb:[/quote]

Good going Marc. I knew you win since you play brawl like 3 times more than suko at least.

Edit #1: I think Beef should post the result if he won.

@final destination. pit (KhaosX) marth (buttle) 2
@battlefield. pit (KhaosX) kirby (buttle) 1

@smashville. pit (KhaosX) pikachu (buttle) 2

i wasn't keeping notes as well as usual. i think this is right.

I went on a four game losing streak after starting with a four game winning streak.

Combined record of my last 4 opponents is like 26-1.

:(

Good games though. :)

[quote name='dallow']I went on a four game losing streak after starting with a four game winning streak.

Combined record of my last 4 opponents is like 26-1.

:(

Good games though. :)[/quote]

Ahh! *hugs*

Yeah, you got stuck with some tough opponents - but you're still a great Brawler!

[quote name='evergoo']Great games suko_32. I'm glad I didn't play you in 1-on-1 friendlies during the season. Otherwise, you would know my tendencies with certain characters.

suko_32 @ evergoo

In Game 1, I was surprised to see a R.O.B. in the first match. I was expecting Mr. G&W, Pikachu, or some other small character. In Game 2, Toon Link surprised me even more b/c R.O.B.'s projectiles are deflected by Link's shield. Have you played with Toon Link in the season yet? Anyways, I can't believe I killed myself twice (even though they were at high percentages): once as Snake and once as Diddy. It's hard to make recovery mistakes with R.O.B. ;)

Lemme say one more thing: it was hard planning for this match. I had to choose stages very carefully as well as think of the mains I wanted to play and the possible counterpicks you may choose.

Good at too many characters + Counterpicks galore = Opponent's head explodes :bomb:[/quote]

I underestimated you, evergoo. Congrats on the win and breaking suko's undefeated streak. :applause:

[quote name='Foo228']I underestimated you, evergoo. Congrats on the win and breaking suko's undefeated streak. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Now eat your spoiler!

[quote name='KhaosX']Haven't heard from gothic walrus for a while. He hasn't been on since the 22th too...[/QUOTE]

Last I heard he was really busy with some sort of school assignment/project. But that was last week.

Game 1 @ Smashville: Wolf (zerowing) d. Pit (Hero101), 2
Game 2 @ Smashville: Wolf (zerowing) d. Olimar (Hero101), 2
Game 3 @ Battlefield: Falco (Hero101) d. Snake (zerowing), 1

ggs Hero

Blue, I just wanted to say, you've been great with keeping the polls updated this season! Also, I think I speak for everyone when I say that we appreciate the fact that you're so willing to record and upload matches for us - without you, we'd have nothing! So thanks for being such a great co-host! :applause:

Also, don't ask what prompted this, because I don't think I could explain it. :lol:

[quote name='yukine']Take that, Hero![/quote]
Does that mean that I get to go to the sandbag tournament? If so, yes I accept. I'm not sure what you mean by that. I'm having a bad losing streak. All of my opponent are a little bit better than me.

[quote name='JoeB1233']Blue, I just wanted to say, you've been great with keeping the polls updated this season! Also, I think I speak for everyone when I say that we appreciate the fact that you're so willing to record and upload matches for us - without you, we'd have nothing! So thanks for being such a great co-host! :applause:[/quote]

Yeah, I agree. Lots of :applause: :applause: :applause:

Speaking of recording matches, these post-season weeks are gonna have lots of high-profiled matches. If players are organized with scheduling, is there any way we can bribe you and Daisydog (I believe she can record) to record these matches? Maybe an NES game on The Wii Shop Channel? Don't forget, I'm a cheapassgamer. ;)

[quote name='JoeB1233']Also, don't ask what prompted this, because I don't think I could explain it. :lol:[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='JoeB1233']
Also, don't ask what prompted this, because I don't think I could explain it. :lol:[/quote]

I could, but I'd have to forward half a dozen PMs to you. :)

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Last I heard he was really busy with some sort of school assignment/project. But that was last week.[/QUOTE]

This week, too. :cry:

I think I'm going to have to forfeit this week, since I'm out a bye and I don't really expect to get the match planned and happening tonight before the deadline. Senior year of college has kicked in full gear, and I'm juggling work, projects, a lab, and trying to find a job in the real world for when I graduate. That doesn't leave much time for fun, unfortunately, and even if I did get an extension I've got a big exam on Thursday I need to prep for.

Apologies for screwing up the schedule, guys. :)

Mr. Beef or yukine, please post results for the match.

I know yukine lost because he doesn't want to jeopardize his chances for the Sandbag Bowl. ;)

[quote name='JoeB1233']Blue, I just wanted to say, you've been great with keeping the polls updated this season! Also, I think I speak for everyone when I say that we appreciate the fact that you're so willing to record and upload matches for us - without you, we'd have nothing! So thanks for being such a great co-host! :applause:

Also, don't ask what prompted this, because I don't think I could explain it. :lol:[/QUOTE]

It's not as much hard work as it seems. I just have to remember to bug everyone on Mondays (and Wednesdays) to send in their votes. ;)

[quote name='evergoo']Yeah, I agree. Lots of :applause: :applause: :applause:

Speaking of recording matches, these post-season weeks are gonna have lots of high-profiled matches. If players are organized with scheduling, is there any way we can bribe you and Daisydog (I believe she can record) to record these matches? Maybe an NES game on The Wii Shop Channel? Don't forget, I'm a cheapassgamer. ;)

:rofl:[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely up for recording some of the post-season matches, as long as scheduling works out.

Speaking of Mondays...

Week 8 smash ballots are due on Wednesday, October 1st @ 11:59 PDT. This is the next to last week to vote, and next week's vote will be very important due to bowl placement, so don't forget!

bread's done
Back