2 for $60 select games at TRU from 9/2 - 9/8

Gertle627

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I haven't seen an ad or anything, just some signage that will be going out. I'd guess it's the weekly ad. as the dates specified are 9/2 - 9/8. It does also state 360 & PS3 for each game, along with both item numbers.

Amazing Spiderman
Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 3
NCAA Football 13
Prototype 2
Sleeping Dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dan77733']The funny thing is that the people who complain do the same thing but keep it to themselves and just because they do, doesnt make them any better. Besides, I go to one TRU and thats it. I get what I want or I dont. Either way, its all good.[/QUOTE]

*shrugs* the world's full of hypocrisy; it's just human nature. But anyways, good luck, pal. Hope you're able to find the copies you need =].

I love to hear Peyton Manning for Broncos calling out plays on Madden 13 with his real voice, calls, and gestures.

I went to scout out my TRU today.

2 copies of Sleeping Dogs and 2 of Darksiders.

Yeah, I'm going the second they open tomorrow.

[quote name='crazydom2']I went to scout out my TRU today.

2 copies of Sleeping Dogs and 2 of Darksiders.

Yeah, I'm going the second they open tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

If you were already there, you should have just picked them up.
That way you could go back whenever you wanted to get the price adjusted.

Hell...you could have gone back any day this week to do it.

just got back from picking up Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs at TRU by me they only had 2 copies of each going to go in the morning for the price match

[quote name='GMaxx']Yes, I'm a big believer in this as well. Prices will readjust accordingly. If people want to try to make extra money by doing this then more power to them. Sort of what this country was founded on. [/QUOTE]

Oh come on. Comparing CAG hoarding and flipping to the founding princiapls of this country? Bull. This country was founded on production, innovation, and hard work, not driving to the nearest big block store and reselling shit online for a couple bucks profit.

Using principals like 'free market capitalism' to defend crappy behavior belittles the term.

[quote name='Bosamba']Amazing Spiderman since the latest @Gamer magazine has a coupon for $30 off Prototype 2. It's possible Best Buy will have a sale on it within the next month, and that would lower the price below the $30 you'd spend getting it through this deal.[/QUOTE]

yeah i was thinking just getting Prototype 2 at BB if it were to drop later. and my local has a steelbook with it. have you heard anything about Amazing Spiderman?

I LOVE my Best Buy (Cambridge Ma). If you come in to spend money they'll pretty much price match anything. I had to pick some other things up totaling around $250. I asked them to price match TRU since I was there & spending some money in store. They said sure & I walked out w/ Sleeping & Darksiders (which I immediately flipped to GS). Thank you CAG once again for a good deal.

[quote name='davisdj']I LOVE my Best Buy (Cambridge Ma). If you come in to spend money they'll pretty much price match anything. I had to pick some other things up totaling around $250. I asked them to price match TRU since I was there & spending some money in store. They said sure & I walked out w/ Sleeping & Darksiders (which I immediately flipped to GS). Thank you CAG once again for a good deal.[/QUOTE]
hold up did you got your PM at BB today? how you do it? online TRU ad or physical ad?

[quote name='davisdj']I LOVE my Best Buy (Cambridge Ma). If you come in to spend money they'll pretty much price match anything. I had to pick some other things up totaling around $250. I asked them to price match TRU since I was there & spending some money in store. They said sure & I walked out w/ Sleeping & Darksiders (which I immediately flipped to GS). Thank you CAG once again for a good deal.[/QUOTE]

They price matched a deal that is only a rumor right now? I find that hard to believe, especially for such a deep discount.

[quote name='Kecir12']They price matched a deal that is only a rumor right now? I find that hard to believe, especially for such a deep discount.[/QUOTE]

What rumor? The confirmed and verified 2/$60?

[quote name='Romeo']What rumor? The confirmed and verified 2/$60?[/QUOTE]

I was going by the op. Probably should update it considering I just went through 16 pages to see the ad.

I just brought my iPhone & showed them the image that is posted here on pg 16. I blew up the part that had the date so they could see it clearly. The caveat is this does not happen at all stores. I shop @ this BB a lot and know all the managers pretty much. Like I said if you go to a store & spend a lot of money, they'll tend to PM a bit more because they want the entire sale @ least that is what I noticed while working @ BB. It's very much ymmv.

[quote name='Shadowsteal123']What newspaper do these ads come in?[/QUOTE]
Check your local gas station convenience mart for the Ad if you need it right now. I used to work at one and we received all the Ads/comics ahead of time, some Friday and others on Saturday. Depending on what papers you can get, I would say mostly likely local papers will have the ad if you have a ToyrUs in town.

I couldn't find the ad and the TRU isn't quite local at least a 30min walk. But I mean wont the new ads be online tonight on TRU.com? I kept in contact with the General Manager at my BB and he gets in at work at 12 tm. I know the other employees are gonna be anal about this deal and scared. So since the manager gave me the ok I'd rather hold onto the games in store and have the manager get my back if anything goes wrong.

is it allow for the ad to be scan and posted on the forum? the scan of the ad that some1 posted is not that clear. what i mean by not clear, is the date of sale is not shown

[quote name='YBX87']is it allow for the ad to be scan and posted on the forum? the scan of the ad that some1 posted is not that clear. what i mean by not clear, is the date of sale is not shown[/QUOTE]

It's allowed but I don't have access to the ad I would love a clearer scan which shows that the entire ad is from sep2-8

[quote name='Shadowsteal123']It's allowed but I don't have access to the ad I would love a clearer scan which shows that the entire ad is from sep2-8[/QUOTE]

the only reason i am even attempting to price match at bb, even though i know it is ymmv is because i have credit, and i am heading out tomorrow to use my gamers coupon at bestbuy. LOL

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']*shrugs* the world's full of hypocrisy; it's just human nature. But anyways, good luck, pal. Hope you're able to find the copies you need =].[/QUOTE]

Yes it is.

Thanks. I hope I am but even if I dont, its no biggie. I'm mainly just going because I want to play through Sleeping Dogs again and if I can get it for free, awesome. If not, oh well.

And good luck to you too. Happy hunting. :)

[quote name='YBX87']is it allow for the ad to be scan and posted on the forum? the scan of the ad that some1 posted is not that clear. what i mean by not clear, is the date of sale is not shown[/QUOTE]

It's shown in the 2nd photo on pg. 16. There's a coupon at the bottom that says valid from September 2-8 2012.

Edit - The pre-owned games on the receipt were for flip purposes tbh. I've already played Red Dead & Reach. So I went & flipped those to GS while they have the 60% bonus & the Halo Anniversary was picked up for someone else. So yea they were overpriced but getting Red Dead for free netted me a profit since Anniversary was not out of my pocket. ;)

That is an awesome PM davis. I wonder if that picture would be extra helpful to get a price match tomorrow + the toys r us ad. It's certainly worth a shot.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']That is an awesome PM davis. I wonder if that picture would be extra helpful to get a price match tomorrow + the toys r us ad. It's certainly worth a shot.[/QUOTE]
The worst thing that can happen is they say no, the best thing, is you get it. So def. worth it.

The cashier even said it was a hell of a deal & he was going to try and get his manager to do his as well. :lol:

[quote name='davisdj']It's shown in the 2nd photo on pg. 16. There's a coupon at the bottom that says valid from September 2-8 2012.

Edit - The pre-owned games on the receipt were for flip purposes tbh. I've already played Red Dead & Reach. So I went & flipped those to GS while they have the 60% bonus & the Halo Anniversary was picked up for someone else. So yea they were overpriced but getting Red Dead for free netted me a profit since Anniversary was not out of my pocket. ;)[/QUOTE]

thanks, but that is just not good enough for my local bestbuys. they are pita to deal with when it comes to pricematch. i need a better ad scan with the date, that is not in the coupon area.

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']It took me 7 different bestbuys to find a KOA to buy with the coupon, and even then I had to ask like 3 guys to go look for the last copy
in the back.[/QUOTE]
Usually in these situation I just give up and buy at Amazon because the gas money would offset the money you save.

[quote name='TooPoor']Usually in these situation I just give up and buy at Amazon because the gas money would offset the money you save.[/QUOTE]

or he could wait for another msrp price drop later down the road, if he has a backlog. but i doubt it would be for $10 tho

[quote name='YBX87']thanks, but that is just not good enough for my local bestbuys. they are pita to deal with when it comes to pricematch. i need a better ad scan with the date, that is not in the coupon area.[/QUOTE]

I always get the Sunday paper. So if the TRU ad is in there. I'll try and post some pics if no one else does it before I get the chance to, if that will help.

my BB is soooo annoying, because now when you want to PM anything they make you go to the CS desk, and they put on a whole to do about calling to confirm whomever has it in stock, etc. :roll: I'm not sure if they'll PM this, but I'mma def try! Luckily, I have a TRU w/i walking distance of BB so if TRU is OSS I'll just mosey, and give it a go @ BB... I'm a Silver Member and have spent loads of cash money there, and they know me pretty well (I do a lot of in store pick-ups and used to trade in loads of games all the time), so I'm gonna pull the 'i wanted to see if you all would PM this before I check out TRU, because I have reward zone points here, and just like BB more...' card, and see how it goes. :lol:

[quote name='dan77733']Nice. Thanks. I'm getting four copies of Sleeping Dogs and two copies of NCAA 13. I'll trade in NCAA 13 to Best Buy for $84, sell three copies of SD on ebay for $40 each (after fees, etc.)...thus getting back the $200 and still having my own personal copy of SD for free. :)[/QUOTE]
And what makes you think Best Buy will still be giving $40 for NCAA 13 tomorrow?

tumblr_lmon9iMOYA1qafrh6.jpg

[quote name='dan77733']Yes it is.

Thanks. I hope I am but even if I dont, its no biggie. I'm mainly just going because I want to play through Sleeping Dogs again and if I can get it for free, awesome. If not, oh well.

And good luck to you too. Happy hunting. :)[/QUOTE]

I'll see what kind of mood I'm in tomorrow to see if I go try, but thanks =]

[quote name='TooPoor']Usually in these situation I just give up and buy at Amazon because the gas money would offset the money you save.[/QUOTE]

I have an unlimited student bus pass, so I figured I might as well put that thing through the wringer considering the cost of the damn thing. If I had driven, I probably would've just gone to two max before giving up.

[quote name='YBX87']or he could wait for another msrp price drop later down the road, if he has a backlog. but i doubt it would be for $10 tho[/QUOTE]
I didn't really have much of a backlog before I got KOA but I couldn't pass up the game for 10 bucks. The time I spent trying to find it kinda caused the backlog I'm currently saddled with. That and spending time with friends playing RPGs they just got (eg borderlands, dead island) on sale as well.

[quote name='davisdj']The worst thing that can happen is they say no, the best thing, is you get it. So def. worth it.

The cashier even said it was a hell of a deal & he was going to try and get his manager to do his as well. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Man Davis, you are insanely lucky. Good job on getting BB to PM. =]

[quote name='davisdj']I always get the Sunday paper. So if the TRU ad is in there. I'll try and post some pics if no one else does it before I get the chance to, if that will help.[/QUOTE]

thanks, i would be really grateful if you could try to post the ad as early as possible, when you receive it. sunday is the only day i have free to make it to bestbuy

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']I'll see what kind of mood I'm in tomorrow to see if I go try, but thanks =]

I have an unlimited student bus pass, so I figured I might as well put that thing through the wringer considering the cost of the damn thing. If I had driven, I probably would've just gone to two max before giving up.

I didn't really have much of a backlog before I got KOA but I couldn't pass up the game for 10 bucks. The time I spent trying to find it kinda caused the backlog I'm currently saddled with. That and spending time with friends playing RPGs they just got (eg borderlands, dead island) on sale as well.[/QUOTE]

are u still in high school? i mean it is your money after all, who am i to tell you how you want to spend your money. if i was in your shoes i doubt i would do the same. since i am enrolled in college, and working part time now

[quote name='YBX87']are u still in high school? i mean it is your money after all, who am i to tell you how you want to spend your money. if i was in your shoes i doubt i would do the same. since i am enrolled in college, and working part time now[/QUOTE]

Haha, man I wish I were still back in high school, things were simpler back then. Alas, I too am in college and working part time now, I just happened to have some downtime stringed together between work and class and was able to go metro hopping.

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']Haha, man I wish I were still back in high school, things were simpler back then. Alas, I too am in college and working part time now, I just happened to have some downtime stringed together between work and class and was able to go metro hopping.[/QUOTE]

i agree, that is one of the main reason for my backlog. sometimes, i wish i was back in high school, i miss all the free time i had for gaming, lol

bread's done
Back