$2 Videogame Clearance at Best Buy PS2/Xbox/GC/GBA/DS/PSP (Some -$3 after rebate!)

little_krampy

CAGiversary!
I'll try and keep this list up to date. I have a feeling this list will be hot for about a day and then no one will be able to find anything at any BB.

Playstation 2
Radiata Stories $4.99
Enthusia Professional Racing $4.99
LA Rush $9.99
Rise Of Kasai $4.99
2pack with Corvette and Starsky was 1.99
Backyard Wrestling $1.99
Death by Degrees $1.99
Dragon Ball Z Sagas $1.99
DT Racer PS2 NOW $9.99 - This was $1.99 on Monday, but BB changed the price.
Max Payne 2 $1.99
Metal Arms $1.99
NanoBreaker (PS2) - $1.99
NBA Ballers $1.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate
Project Snowblind $1.99
Starsky and Hutch $1.99
Stuntman PS2 $1.99
Terminator 3: Rise of The Machines $1.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate
Viewtiful Joe $1.99

Xbox
Major League Baseball 2K5: World Series Edition $9.99
Total Overdose $19.99
Tecmo Classic Arcade with Tecmo Bowl $9.99
Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure $39.99 free shipping
Taito Legends $9.99
Constantine $1.99
Full Spectrum Warrior $1.99
Outlaw tennis $1.99
Medal Of Honor: Rising Sun $1.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate
MLB 2k5 $1.99
Second Sight $1.99

Gamecube
Mad Catz Dance Beat Pad $14.99
Spiderman 2 $1.99
Fantastic Four $1.99
Midway Arcade Treasures 3 $1.99

GBA
Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games $9.99
Beyblade GRevolution 1.99
James Pond $1.99
Nightmare Before Christmas: Pumpkin King $1.99
Pokemon Vids 1.99
Shaman King Sprinting Wolf 1.99 (Soaring Eagle still 19.99)
Starsky & Hutch 1.99 (some had a UPC sticker that made it 9.99)

DS
Pac N' Roll $9.99
Ridge Racer $4.99
Ping Pals $1.99
Sprung $1.99

PSP
Frantix 9.99
Frogger PSP 9.99
Gretzky NHL 9.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate

(Edited by shipwreck to include games with $5 PG rebate).

Where's the love? This is why I don't have a trader rating. Today somebody wanted me to ship them a RE4 Gamestop special edition for $25 bucks. When I politefully declined, they went into a tirade about how I'm just looking to profit off this site and all that other bullsheezy. I'm happy just hooking my friends up and keeping it off this site. Thanks for all the great deals guys, but some of you get on my damn nerves with your unreasonable requests.

Saw Tiger Woods 2004 for XBox on the shelf, thought for sure it would be marked down to $1.99 since it's so old. Shockingly, it rang up for the sticker price of $29.99. Don't think they will sell too many at that price

So do people have the Stories game for sale or not.... Why Bitch about someone charing a price for a game.... If you like it BUY IT if not MOVE On. simple as that

hell if i had 17 i buy it

[quote name='Warner1281']Honestly, it doesn't matter to me whether or not any one particular person approves of my $17 price or not. I decided to ebay them until I got flamed for that crap. So I decided to be a good sport about it and pull it off ebay to offer those to CAG's as well. However, after selling the initial 6 I figured I'd like a little more for my time and effort (hence ebay). So I upped the price. If you don't like it, don't pay that price. If you'd like to play the game, add it to your collection, or just jerk off to the pretty picture on the cover, and can't find anyone selling/trading theirs for cheaper, then pay the $17 and stop bitching. You could just as easily try and get it price-matched (I just spent 1hr 45mins. at Wal-Mart to get a single copy today for $4.99 because I didn't have enough copies for the people that PM'ed me). Did I have to spend my time there? No. But I did it for 2 reasons. (1) Someone on CAG asked me for it and (2) they were willing to pay $17 (actually $15 but that was my decision to be nice to him/her) for it. I've got a good trader rating and I have no problem trading with people when we both get something out of it (person gets the game they want and I get a game and/or money I'm looking for). Noone on here (well maybe a couple... Shrike is one off the top of my head and speaking of which, I need to write him an apology PM later) can honestly say that they have not taken advantage of the "value" of something as opposed to its actually retail worth. Go to the trading thread and you'll see people asking $100 for Suikoden 2. Does that go against everything a CAG stands for? Apparently it does because other CAG's want it and they are cheapasses that don't want to pay $100 when it can be found for cheaper.

So now that all the rambling is done, feel free to go price-match for yourself and stop being pissed off that you can't find it at BB. If you're too lazy or the stores around you suck and you don't have the balls to stand up to managers, then go to ebay... cause I'm sure their prices are so much better than $17.[/QUOTE]

Though my responses may be against you selling your copies at $17, I never said it was wrong or you shouldn't. It is mind boggling to see members hop on the bandwagon, (not saying you, Roufuss or Mighty Slacker), about the price hike Xbox LIVE screw over. Like I've said I believe other CAG's should pay a liitle extra for services rendered, which by the way most members requesting the game have offered a little over cost + shipping. Being an open forum you had to realize you would get negative responses to your offer, fuck you had to know from saying, "I'm charging $17 shipped. I realize that is ridiculous to some, but it's the best I can do after putting myself through hell and back." I don't plan on buying the game at $17, but that doesn't mean I can't voice my opinion against such a ludicrous act and maybe help some newbie.

Also in respects to your comparison of what you're doing and other members asking $100 for Suikoden 2, I am strongly against both. I understand the rarity factor when it comes to certain titles, hence the market value goes up which gives some justification for some gamers to ask for high amounts. Your scenario fails in comparrison, Radiata Stories retails at $29.99 and could possibly be found cheaper depending on where you go. So to compare your not so rare game to that of one that is is ridiculous. By offering it at half the price I agree you give a deal to other gamers, but it doesn't mean we all have to agree with it. Maybe if you came out with all the info on the trade situation, instead of selling your sob hassle story, you would have not received negative backlash. Good luck selling your games, but you don't really need it because you are helping gamers get a good deal.

[quote name='MightySlacker']So its about $15 cheaper than if you were to go buy it anywhere other than Best Buy, and about $10 less than Ebay prices, and it's unreasonable? No wonder people don't like doing things for people around here anymore.

Dave[/QUOTE]

So because he opted to do an act of kindness he should expect a $12 profit. Sell your BS about some member wanting to buy this because it is cheaper than retail elsewhere. It is a good deal if you were unaware of the $5 sale price, but knowing this totally negates a good deal. This info won't divert most takers from the offer and reguardless of the buyer getting a small discount buing it from Warner and not in store doesn't make it right. So I'm guessing by coming to the defense of Warner you wouldn't mind paying $35 for a $20 Live Subscription, $13 for $2 per gallon in gas or $17 for a $2.50 game($5+ after s/h).

[quote name='depascal22']Where's the love? This is why I don't have a trader rating. Today somebody wanted me to ship them a RE4 Gamestop special edition for $25 bucks. When I politefully declined, they went into a tirade about how I'm just looking to profit off this site and all that other bullsheezy. I'm happy just hooking my friends up and keeping it off this site. Thanks for all the great deals guys, but some of you get on my damn nerves with your unreasonable requests.[/QUOTE]

Good point and the reason why there are negative comments towards members wanting huge profits.

[quote name='neudog']
. So I'm guessing by coming to the defense of Warner you wouldn't mind paying $35 for a $20 Live Subscription, $13 for $2 per gallon in gas or $17 for a $2.50 game($5+ after s/h).[/QUOTE]

If I couldn't find Radiata Stories at all for $5, then yes, $17 shipped is a hell of a deal instead of $29.99 + gas + tax for a brand new copy.

Likewise, $35 for a $70 Xbox Live Kit is still an amazing deal over retail.

I know Gamecrazy has some amazing deals, but I don't have one around me. If someone gets me a game from there, marks it up, and sells it to me, and if I'm still saving a significant deal over retail, then yea, its still a deal.

[quote name='Roufuss']If I couldn't find Radiata Stories at all for $5, then yes, $17 shipped is a hell of a deal instead of $29.99 + gas + tax for a brand new copy.

Likewise, $35 for a $70 Xbox Live Kit is still an amazing deal over retail.

I know Gamecrazy has some amazing deals, but I don't have one around me. If someone gets me a game from there, marks it up, and sells it to me, and if I'm still saving a significant deal over retail, then yea, its still a deal.[/QUOTE]

Roufuss I don't deny this is a good deal for members, but because this is not the LIVE subscription screw up it is downplayed because of the price figures. Now I know on the LIVE thread you were somewhat neutral, but members will defend Warner for wanting to make a $12+ profit then turn around and attack some members for wanting the same $12 profit on the LIVE subscription. Just because this deals under the $20 mark does not make it any different from those members paying $20 for a $70 item and asking $35-40 for it. Warner can do what he wants and will probably get the $17, but I just think it is wrong IMHO.

To all the members who keep stating repeatedly, "If you don't want to buy it, don't", I'm only stating that you shouldn't expect a profit and IMHO the offer is wrong.

This whole discussion kind of reminds me of the Digital Devil Saga for $10 at TRU sale. Though I never got lowballed, people were talking about being offered $20-$25 or so shipped - and getting chewed out when they turned it down. Sure, its $10-$15 more than you paid - but you could also easily turn around and sell it on ebay for $65+. Offering it on CAG for $40 or so is effectively cutting into your potential profits for the benefit of someone who couldnt find the deal(or didn't even try as the case may be). The seller/trader did the work and driving to find whatever game.
In Warner's case - he already hooked up a number of CAGs at almost cost.
Supply , demand, and capitalism - something's gotta pay the bills =]

The way I see it, deals come and go. You get some you lose some. All in all everyone benefits, there is really no reason to get all upset. If he gets a good deal and sells it and the buyer thinks its a good price then its a win win. If you don't like it , then leave it and go look for a better deal. Or better yet, wait for the next .

I'm not upset, I'm just voicing my opinion like others who have voiced there's in defense of Warner. Whether I agree with the price point of $17 does not negate that this is still a good deal for some members. As you can see from my other posts a member was willing to offer me $15 for mine. The only issue I have is that Warner sells a sob story to justify a $17 price coming off like he is owed for his troubles; this should never be assumed, but in our capitalistic society it is. What he should have done to avoid any negative comments is say he was offered the $17 by a member to begin with. My comments come off harsh in their entirity, but I've stated many times throughout that it is not wrong what he is doing, I just think it is wrong IMHO.

[quote name='shrike4242']Wouldn't mind if someone could score a copy of:

Enthusia
Death By Degrees
Constantine
Outlaw Tennis

The BB's I've been to haven't had squat.[/quote]

I've got Enthusia and Outlaw Tennis if you haven't picked up any copies up yet. PM if your interested.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Saw Tiger Woods 2004 for XBox on the shelf, thought for sure it would be marked down to $1.99 since it's so old. Shockingly, it rang up for the sticker price of $29.99. Don't think they will sell too many at that price[/QUOTE]

That's shocking? One of the BBs by me still has Triple Play 2002, NBA Live 2002, and Mat Hoffman's BMX all for the Xbox for $9.99 each.

[quote name='little_krampy']That's shocking? One of the BBs by me still has Triple Play 2002, NBA Live 2002, and Mat Hoffman's BMX all for the Xbox for $9.99 each.[/quote]

My best buy still has playstation games marked at $14.99 . I'm not sure if they are that price but they were GHs. There were only a few.

[quote name='spamfree2']My best buy still has playstation games marked at $14.99 . I'm not sure if they are that price but they were GHs. There were only a few.[/QUOTE]
I noticed that my bestbuy had very few ps1 games. I guess that's understandable since I don't think they sell the system anymore.

[quote name='neudog']So because he opted to do an act of kindness he should expect a $12 profit. Sell your BS about some member wanting to buy this because it is cheaper than retail elsewhere. It is a good deal if you were unaware of the $5 sale price, but knowing this totally negates a good deal. [/QUOTE]

Merely knowing about a deal existing or a potential low price is completely meaningless unless you can actually GET IN ON IT. The fact that someone would turn down a game which someone is selling for half retail price just because they know there was potential deal (which is 99% dead now) which they didn't get in on is insane. And a news flash: $12 profit is not only not that much, but less than the MSRP markdown ($13, and you are not paying tax + ship)

So that means you won't pay $17 shipped for Disgaea because it was $5 at Circuit City almost 3 years ago? When will this Radiata price "expire" and $17 become a good deal in your mind, like it is in any rational person's train of thought? Does this mean you won't pay $25 for Digital Devil Saga because it was $10 at TRU in December? What about paying $30 for Nocturne because it was 17.99 at Game Crazy, even though some people don't even have a Game Crazy in their entire state? Where's the bright line?

Dave

crap i was going to stop past BB today to see if they restocked cause i was on that side of town... its not worth driving over there now (would cost me almost 6 bucks in gas)

[quote name='MightySlacker']Merely knowing about a deal existing or a potential low price is completely meaningless unless you can actually GET IN ON IT. The fact that someone would turn down a game which someone is selling for half retail price just because they know there was potential deal (which is 99% dead now) which they didn't get in on is insane. And a news flash: $12 profit is not only not that much, but less than the MSRP markdown ($13, and you are not paying tax + ship)

So that means you won't pay $17 shipped for Disgaea because it was $5 at Circuit City almost 3 years ago? When will this Radiata price "expire" and $17 become a good deal in your mind, like it is in any rational person's train of thought? Does this mean you won't pay $25 for Digital Devil Saga because it was $10 at TRU in December? What about paying $30 for Nocturne because it was 17.99 at Game Crazy, even though some people don't even have a Game Crazy in their entire state? Where's the bright line?

Dave[/QUOTE]

Well said - exactly what I was thinking.

I was lucky enough to get Fatal Frame 2 for $1 over a year ago when TRU had that crazy $10 off two games under $20 and 90% off combined. I guess any person or store that sells it for more than $1 is ripping people off.

Yeap.. and you can include all the people that sell .01 guides for more than .01 . Just selling it for $5.00 would be 500x profit :shock:

I did the same thing with that Pokemon disc, got $35 for it. I couldn't believe it since I started the bidding at $0.01 and they were still available at stores at that point.

Well I missed out at my BB on Radiata Stories too. But I did manage to grab Rise Of The Kasai & Duel Masters for $4.99 each along with Genji for $9.99.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']I sold my .01 from BB Pokemon Colosseum bonus disk on eBay for $30. 30,000% profit - I'm a bad bad man[/QUOTE]

actually thats only 3,000% profit, so you're just a bad man (not bad bad)...

personally i like trading myself since both parties get a game or guide they are interested in and couldn't get...

btw, anyone want to trade a fsw (xbx) for spiderman 2 (gc)?

Sweet - I went by best buy today and they actually had 1 copy of Radiata Stories back instock!

If anyone can get an extra copy of the following - please let me know

Fantastic 4 GC
Viewtiful Joe Ps2
Spiderman 2 GC

I've got a few for trade if anyone is after one -
Sprung DS (probably can get more - they had a ton)
Constantine XB
Shaman King - sprinting wolf GBA
Arcade Treasures 3 GC

or

stuff on my TL
some paypal love

[quote name='ryanlk']actually thats only 3,000% profit, so you're just a bad man (not bad bad)...

personally i like trading myself since both parties get a game or guide they are interested in and couldn't get...

btw, anyone want to trade a fsw (xbx) for spiderman 2 (gc)?[/quote]

Actually, i was off. Its 300,000% profit. I'm a bad bad bad man.

I was able to pick up an extra James Pond GBA and Rise of Kasai PS2 for trade. If anyone's interested, let me know...I'd be interested in trading for other sale items in the Best Buy, Circuit City, and TRU sales.

Here's what I was able to get:

Death by Degrees
Nanobreaker
Pumking King
Midway Arcade Treasures 3
Spider Man 2
Full Spectrum Warrior

Overall, I was able to get the games that interest me at 1.99 each.

[quote name='MightySlacker']Merely knowing about a deal existing or a potential low price is completely meaningless unless you can actually GET IN ON IT. The fact that someone would turn down a game which someone is selling for half retail price just because they know there was potential deal (which is 99% dead now) which they didn't get in on is insane. And a news flash: $12 profit is not only not that much, but less than the MSRP markdown ($13, and you are not paying tax + ship)

Dave[/QUOTE]

In this moment knowing Warner bought it for $2.50 it is not a good deal no matter how you try to flip it or present scenarios of rare games being found at cheap prices. As for all those games you mentioned I wouldn't pay outrageous prices because I'm not a fan. Also Radiata Stories does not even compare to the list you spouted off. Anyone can go on GS/EB and grab a copy of RS for a reasonable price, this cannot be said for the dreamlist you came up with. I understand the supply and demand reasoning, but that doesn't neccesarilly make this right. I've never said it was wrong to ask for $17, I just think it is wrong IMHO.

If you opened your eyes and actually read my entire posts you would see that I have repeatedly said this is a good deal for some because of the retail price, but expecting or even wanting a profit is ridiculous. If you're fortunate to score a hard to find clearence game and you want to help out that is fine, but don't expect or want a huge profit.

Like I stated in my last post(#455), Warner should have stated to begin with that a member offered him $17, not stated his sad fucking story about the hoopla he went through. If you want to PM something you have to know it is not always going to be a smooth transaction. You keep presentitng your repetetive defense in relating this deal to that of rare game price hikes and I'll keep coming back that I think it is wrong. I understand in this day and age rare games go for high amounts, but I don't have to agree with it.

One last time Radiata Stories is not rare and can be found in most retailers, though this is a decent deal for some does not place it the category of scoring REZ 1st printing for $17

[quote name='neudog'] Anyone can go on GS/EB and grab a copy of RS for a reasonable price[/QUOTE]

29.99 new, 26.99 used (not guaranteed to have case and manual). Very reasonable indeed, especially compared to $17 shipped

Dave

Picked up:

Midway Arcade Treasures 3 GC-$2
Spiderman 2 GC-$2
Fantastic 4 GC-$2
Shaman King Wolf GBA-$2
Nightmare Befroe Christmas GBA-$2
Ridge Racer DS-$5
Ping Pals DS-$2
Tiger Woods DS -$10
Metroid Pinball DS -after GGC- $15

$42 total, not bad. Thanks OP

Just came from browsing around Bestbuy (my wife wanted to pick up a Sims Game) and we noticed something odd. Starsky and Hutch PC for .01 and it was tagged for a penny too. I guess the people at best buy didn't even want to bother. I have to admit I thought about it for a second but I am too cheap to pay one cent for a game I will never even install lol. YMMV.

:)

I was hoping all the flaming and arguing would have died down by now but apparently it's still going on. In the spirit of keeping CAG civilized, I ask that everyone (on both sides of the argument) just go ahead and drop it. If we REALLY want to continue the argument, let's take it to the controversy forum.

I'm fine with stopping just felt compelled to voice my opinion like others, but I'm officially done. Also Warner I would like to apologize for dragging this out. I wouldn't have even started if I had known the $17 had originally been offered by another member. I'm willing to let bygones be bygones
fing02.gif

Best Buy Manager: If a game rings up as .01 then it isn't making us any money, so I want you to take it out back and jump up and down on it until it is destroyed. Then put it in the garbage compactor and crush it. After that, use a flamethrower to turn it into ashes. Take the ashes 10 miles out of town and hide them under a frog. If no one wants to pay us way too much, they shouldn't get to play at all [laughs evilly].

Employee: [tags the game .01 and goes home.]

Customer: [Sees game marked at .01 and still doesn't want to play it.]

[quote name='shiningslade']^ Anyway you can grab another Nanobreaker for me? I have stuff to trade for it. PM me please if you can.[/QUOTE]

Sorry,the one copy I got was the only one they had.

[quote name='Nephilim']Picked up:

Midway Arcade Treasures 3 GC-2
Spiderman 2 GC-2
Fantastic 4 GC-2
Shaman King Wolf GBA-2
Nightmare Befroe Christmas GBA-2
Ridge Racer DS-5
Ping Pals DS-2
Tiger Woods DS -10
Metroid Pinball DS -after GGC- 15

$42 total, not bad. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

are you willing to part ways with one of your Fantastic 4's?

ANYONE GOt any of these they want to sell

Playstation 2
Radiata Stories $4.99

Gamecube
Spiderman 2 $1.99
Fantastic Four $1.99

GBA

DS

Ridge Racer $4.99

Sprung $1.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate\

or want

PING PALS

PM ME

[quote name='slidecage']ANYONE GOt any of these they want to sell

Playstation 2
Radiata Stories $4.99

Gamecube
Spiderman 2 $1.99
Fantastic Four $1.99

GBA

DS

Ridge Racer $4.99

Sprung $1.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate\

or want

PING PALS

PM ME[/QUOTE]

I think you're going to be stuck with Ping Pals :lol:

Sorry man, but I just can't imagine too many people wanting that.

[quote name='Josef']I think you're going to be stuck with Ping Pals :lol:

Sorry man, but I just can't imagine too many people wanting that.[/QUOTE]

yea same..... they make cheap DS cases though (main reason i got them)

[quote name='Nephilim']
Picked up:

Midway Arcade Treasures 3 GC-2
Spiderman 2 GC-2
Fantastic 4 GC-2
Shaman King Wolf GBA-2
Nightmare Befroe Christmas GBA-2
Ridge Racer DS-5
Ping Pals DS-2
Tiger Woods DS -10
Metroid Pinball DS -after GGC- 15

$42 total, not bad. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

[quote name='speedy05']are you willing to part ways with one of your Fantastic 4's?[/QUOTE]

Nephilim's "2" does not signify copies, it signifies the price paid:p

He wasn't the only one tricked.. I thought that was 2 copies too.. :dunce:

BTW: Ping pals gives 1.25 at GR = ~.75 per case. Much cheaper than buying from Nintendo.

I use 'em for my Cart only GBA games.

i have nanobreaker sealed, ill trade send me offers, dont need money unless ure willing to pay $15 plus $2 shipping , looking for mario games for gba

bread's done
Back