$2 Videogame Clearance at Best Buy PS2/Xbox/GC/GBA/DS/PSP (Some -$3 after rebate!)

little_krampy

CAGiversary!
I'll try and keep this list up to date. I have a feeling this list will be hot for about a day and then no one will be able to find anything at any BB.

Playstation 2
Radiata Stories $4.99
Enthusia Professional Racing $4.99
LA Rush $9.99
Rise Of Kasai $4.99
2pack with Corvette and Starsky was 1.99
Backyard Wrestling $1.99
Death by Degrees $1.99
Dragon Ball Z Sagas $1.99
DT Racer PS2 NOW $9.99 - This was $1.99 on Monday, but BB changed the price.
Max Payne 2 $1.99
Metal Arms $1.99
NanoBreaker (PS2) - $1.99
NBA Ballers $1.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate
Project Snowblind $1.99
Starsky and Hutch $1.99
Stuntman PS2 $1.99
Terminator 3: Rise of The Machines $1.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate
Viewtiful Joe $1.99

Xbox
Major League Baseball 2K5: World Series Edition $9.99
Total Overdose $19.99
Tecmo Classic Arcade with Tecmo Bowl $9.99
Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure $39.99 free shipping
Taito Legends $9.99
Constantine $1.99
Full Spectrum Warrior $1.99
Outlaw tennis $1.99
Medal Of Honor: Rising Sun $1.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate
MLB 2k5 $1.99
Second Sight $1.99

Gamecube
Mad Catz Dance Beat Pad $14.99
Spiderman 2 $1.99
Fantastic Four $1.99
Midway Arcade Treasures 3 $1.99

GBA
Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games $9.99
Beyblade GRevolution 1.99
James Pond $1.99
Nightmare Before Christmas: Pumpkin King $1.99
Pokemon Vids 1.99
Shaman King Sprinting Wolf 1.99 (Soaring Eagle still 19.99)
Starsky & Hutch 1.99 (some had a UPC sticker that made it 9.99)

DS
Pac N' Roll $9.99
Ridge Racer $4.99
Ping Pals $1.99
Sprung $1.99

PSP
Frantix 9.99
Frogger PSP 9.99
Gretzky NHL 9.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate

(Edited by shipwreck to include games with $5 PG rebate).

[quote name='thealternakid']yeah the blockbuster dumpster diving is always fun, even though the employees tell me that i can have them, i still kinda feel like i am stealing when i jump into the dumpster. Regardless, it is a great way to get free ps2, xbox, and gamecube cases.[/QUOTE]

Is there specific times of the month or is it like Pookymeister1234 stated with asking around a game launch?

[quote name='neudog']Is there specific times of the month or is it like Pookymeister1234 stated with asking around a game launch?[/quote]

I know all new movie releases come out on Tuesdays, so you could get regular cases Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. I don't know if VG's have a specific day that they're released (I don't think so). So if you're looking for any ol case, go Monday. If you need Game cases, go after a big name release (Madden, etc.).

was it mentioned somewhere in this thread or maybe another thread that the Xbox 360 Full Auto Faceplate was marked down? If anyone recalls, how much is it now?
thanks

[quote name='speedy05']was it mentioned somewhere in this thread or maybe another thread that the Xbox 360 Full Auto Faceplate was marked down? If anyone recalls, how much is it now?
thanks[/quote]
$4.99. It is in a cardboard box (black, IIRC) with about half of it or less showing through the clear plastic window. I.E. it isn't packaged like most of the other faceplates.

[quote name='neudog']Is there specific times of the month or is it like Pookymeister1234 stated with asking around a game launch?[/quote]
I went today for the first time and got 15 Ps2 cases just by asking.
Unfortunately 4 of em had those OFFICIAL PRODUCT OF THE NFL stickers on there that dont want to come off.

Well my impatience is your gain. I was fortunate enough to score a copy of Radiata Stories from erasure. The very next day after getting erasure's package I scored a copy at my BB. One copy is going on my list, so if anyone is interested post here or PM me, thanks.:)

[quote name='neudog']Well my impatience is your gain. I was fortunate enough to score a copy of Radiata Stories from erasure. The very next day after getting erasure's package I scored a copy at my BB. One copy is going on my list, so if anyone is interested post here or PM me, thanks.:)[/quote]

You have been PMed.

Picked up some extras today ( North Irving BB ) for trade:

PS2 Radiata Stories ( surprised to find another one of these. Want to trade for other RPGs that I don't have).

XBX Full Spectrum Warrior (PH)

XBX Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (PH)

GC Midway Treasures 3

PS2 NBA Ballers (GH)

GBA Pumpkin King

[quote name='spamfree2']Picked up some extras today ( North Irving BB ) for trade:

XBX Full Spectrum Warrior (PH)

XBX Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (PH)

[/quote]

How many of those did it have?

[quote name='indytx']How many of those did it have?[/quote]

They had at least 2 or 3 more copies of each.

They had about 8 GC Midway Treasures 3.

They had 3 or 4 NBA Ballers. They had about 6 Pumpkin Kings.

[quote name='spamfree2']They had at least 2 or 3 more copies of each.

They had about 8 GC Midway Treasures 3.

They had 3 or 4 NBA Ballers. They had about 6 Pumpkin Kings.[/QUOTE]

If you get any extras, I'd buy a Pumpkin King off of you & NBA Ballers.

damn, about when I had about given up on this sale as a bust, headed into a less traveled BB today and scored Radiata Stories and MAT3 for GCN, and a Shaman King GBA

Radiata Stories was a total shock, didnt ever expect to find it... too bad there was only one copy, couldnt get any for fellow CAGs

[quote name='TehTriggerman']UGH!!!

I was just there 45 minutes ago! And I missed this post...Must...learn...to...Check..here...b4 I go. I have to head back tomorrow!!:bomb:[/QUOTE]
You leave the house without checking CAG?

There's still one Best Buy in the area I haven't checked yet before I start going really out of the way. Come on, Radiata Stories....

[quote name='botticus']You leave the house without checking CAG?[/quote]
Have Bluetooth PDA + Bluetooth cellphone, and one can check in-store. :D It's a damn nice thing indeed.

will never find Radiata Stories in the stores here.... i went to the best buy the first day the sale started and was told that the worker will pull everything they see if they know they can sell them higher on ebay....

there was a stack of 15+ games sitting next to the computer what they said they cant sell cause they are on hold for a worker..... i think they had 5 of one game

[quote name='slidecage']will never find Radiata Stories in the stores here.... i went to the best buy the first day the sale started and was told that the worker will pull everything they see if they know they can sell them higher on ebay....

there was a stack of 15+ games sitting next to the computer what they said they cant sell cause they are on hold for a worker..... i think they had 5 of one game[/QUOTE]
You'd better talk to the store manager about this. If that does not work for you, complain to the BB corporate office. I hate those inside hoarders. You have to stop them.

Score! Picked up Rise of Kasai for $0.00 after the $5 coupon yesterday :mrgreen:

The guy scanned the game and the coupon, looked back forth between his screen and the coupon, then did an overwrite after a brief chat with me about the coupon.

The other clearance games were no where to be found though.

[quote name='slidecage']will never find Radiata Stories in the stores here.... i went to the best buy the first day the sale started and was told that the worker will pull everything they see if they know they can sell them higher on ebay....

there was a stack of 15+ games sitting next to the computer what they said they cant sell cause they are on hold for a worker..... i think they had 5 of one game[/QUOTE]

Same shit happened at my store. Had FF (NGC) price checked and it was downhill from there. I grabbed as many copies as possible of games I could find. Next day BB was wiped out, some gamers might have scored. Seeing the 5 floor workers huddled around the computer during the price check leads me to think I was the only fortunate outsider to get in on this. Thanks OP and God bless you:) I am putting this at the top of my list for next years Cheapy Awards.

I almost encountered the same thing. I picked up Sprung for the DS. When it rang up $1.99 the cashiers were shocked (registers are almost in groups of 2 so both cashiers couldn't believe the $1.99 price). One of the cashier's then says to the other, "I'm going to buy 20 of these and sell them on EBay." There were none left anyway (I got the last one).

I'm not sure how personnel is distributed, but you would think a big business like BB would do it accordingly. The moron probably has a recliner composed of PingPals and if he was able to score multiples of Sprung he would have a matching ottoman.

Capcom Fighting Evolution XBOX $5 (after $5 coupon)
Taito Legends XBOX $5 (after $5 coupon)
Tecmo Classic Arcade XBOX $5 (after $5 coupon)
The Hobbit XBOX $5 (after $5 coupon)
Outlaw Tennis XBOX $2
Rise of the Kasai PS2 $5

Many thanks for the list and the $5 coupon.
I would've liked to have gotten some more games (like Radiata Stories) , but those are the only ones I could find at my local Best Buy.
The cashier wasn't too happy about having to ring up 4 separate transactions for the $5 coupons and I also wasn't able to use the coupon on the $4.99 game, but I'm happy nonetheless.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']One of the cashier's then says to the other, "I'm going to buy 20 of these and sell them on EBay." There were none left anyway (I got the last one).[/QUOTE]

I agree with Botticus on that one - I'd like to see them try. Doubt they'd even make their money back :D.

On another note, Ridge Racer for DS, which is listed in the OP at $4.99, rings up $19.99 now. I had it listed at $9.99 on my sheet I printed from here last week, so I thought I'd try the coupon on it. When he scanned it, it came up "NDS Tray" (at $19.99) whcih I believe is the code for all their cheapy DS games (like Space Invaders, etc). It DID NOT have any sticker over the UPC, so they must have reclassified this game from clearance to "NDS Tray".

Otherwise, nothing worth getting with the $5 coupon (well there was a Rise of Kasai but I didn't think it would work so I didn't bother - guess I should have tried it anyway).

[quote name='io']I agree with Botticus on that one - I'd like to see them try. Doubt they'd even make their money back :D.

On another note, Ridge Racer for DS, which is listed in the OP at $4.99, rings up $19.99 now. I had it listed at $9.99 on my sheet I printed from here last week, so I thought I'd try the coupon on it. When he scanned it, it came up "NDS Tray" (at $19.99) whcih I believe is the code for all their cheapy DS games (like Space Invaders, etc). It DID NOT have any sticker over the UPC, so they must have reclassified this game from clearance to "NDS Tray".

Otherwise, nothing worth getting with the $5 coupon (well there was a Rise of Kasai but I didn't think it would work so I didn't bother - guess I should have tried it anyway).[/QUOTE]

Look for the retag on the back of Ridge Racer. I had the same problem, but I noticed that they put a different tag over the UPC on the game. If you can find one without it or can get somebody to remove the extra sticker, it will ring up 4.99.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I almost encountered the same thing. I picked up Sprung for the DS. When it rang up $1.99 the cashiers were shocked (registers are almost in groups of 2 so both cashiers couldn't believe the $1.99 price). One of the cashier's then says to the other, "I'm going to buy 20 of these and sell them on EBay." There were none left anyway (I got the last one).[/quote]
I don't know how much they will be making off of E-bay but if you trade them in at GR. You can get cheap replacement cases for your DS or GBA games. They end up being < .75 .

Anyone know the price of Capcom Fighting Evolution for the PS2. It would be sweet if it was 9.99 also. I doubt it though. I'd purchase it for 10 bones.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I almost encountered the same thing. I picked up Sprung for the DS. When it rang up $1.99 the cashiers were shocked (registers are almost in groups of 2 so both cashiers couldn't believe the $1.99 price). One of the cashier's then says to the other, "I'm going to buy 20 of these and sell them on EBay." There were none left anyway (I got the last one).[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me when I bought some penny guides. The cashier got really excited and told this guy next to her (her bf?) to run to the back and pick up some guides for her. It's funny, she specifically mentioned the 50 Cent guide :lol: I'm still trying to figure out why BB even carried that guide while not carrying a guide for something like Grandia 3, which would actually be useful to people.

[quote name='slidecage']i went to the best buy the first day the sale started and was told that the worker will pull everything they see if they know they can sell them higher on ebay....[/QUOTE]
heh heh... NO. Sorry, any floor clerk or cashier says anything like that to you, you take a stroll on over to Customer Service and request a manager immediately. If asked why, you tell them that you need to to discuss customer service and potential violations of employee conduct... with the store manager. Now.

You then recount what you are currently shopping for, what you requested, and the clerks response. If the clerk is holding multiple copies of a game you've requested, and the manager doesn't then find one copy of this game (or games) for you, you request a district manager contact number, and immediately call him or her, and discuss the matter with them.

Points to stress: employee policy, resellers/large quantity buying, customer service, potentially driving customers away, et cetera.

Yeah. My friend who works at Best Buy told me that if he bought stuff and sold it on eBay, Best Buy would know. They really track this kind of stuff down. Not sure how. He said he couldn't buy me something at employee discount and sell it to me. Only buy stuff for family. Crazy.

I doubt Best Buy would invest the time in watching auctions on Ebay. They would probably look at the employees past buying history if something raises a red flag. Like purchasing large volumes of the same high priced items.

[quote name='Chrono72090']Yeah. My friend who works at Best Buy told me that if he bought stuff and sold it on eBay, Best Buy would know. They really track this kind of stuff down. Not sure how. He said he couldn't buy me something at employee discount and sell it to me. Only buy stuff for family. Crazy.[/quote]

Contrary to popular belief, Best Buy is not GOD.

However, Best Buy does know how much they pay their employees.

If said employee spend 200% of their monthly salary instore, Best Buy will fire him or her.

Even if RFID tech was up and running, Best Buy would be in a heap of shit if they started tracking the location of their employees' transactions. You know, that whole 4th amendment thing Bush doesn't think exists.

Your friend/Best Buy employee could probably get away with spending 25% of his monthly pay instore.

The problem with employees flipping merchandise is their own greed. They either brag out loud around the wrong people or they are spending just too damn much in store under their own names.

Best Buy does keep track of all employee purchases and any employee can view their transactions since their time of hire at any time as can any suspicious higher-ups. Because of the sometimes extreme discounts BB employees receive their purchases are monitored and any shady activity- buying 10 copies of a game, purchasing 3 TVs in a year, etc.- would raise red flags.

i am thinking about apply to BB because new blockbuster manager is a jerk off, does any one know how the rewards thing would work out since its not for employees?

[quote name='TUrtlekev3']Can someone buy the PS2 Viewtiful Joe at Best Buy for $1.99? I'll reimburse them with $5 or 6. Please![/quote]

havent been able to find that

[quote name='TUrtlekev3']Can someone buy the PS2 Viewtiful Joe at Best Buy for $1.99? I'll reimburse them with $5 or 6. Please![/quote]

I couldn't find it either. You might check your Circuit City, it is also on clearance there.

Dang. Haven't checked the Deals boards in month (trying not to buy any new games for now to save money) and I see this. I just traded a new Shadow Hearts to get the Radiata Stories. I'm sort of not surprised the game has dropped in price.

bread's done
Back