20,000th Registered CAG Contest Thread - Win $200 good at VideoGameDeals.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Congratulations Ledhead, the winner of the $200 www.VideoGameDeals.com voucher winner!

A big thanks to everyone that is a part of the growing CAG community. We're all helping make the dream of cheap video games a reality.

To celebrate our 20,000th registered user, CAG is going to give away 20,000 pennies in the form of a $200 VideoGameDeals.com Gift Voucher.

To enter this giveaway, simply post in this thread and tell us what being a CAG means to you. Do not post anything but a single entry in this thread.

Winner will be chosen at random.
One entry and post per person.
Contest ends September 30th at midnight EST.[/b]

Plenty of things:

1) Great people who make the site worth visiting.
2) Great values that get me the most for my dollar, reminding me there's no reason to pay full price for any game out there.
3) Great trading community, who find the games that other people can't find, who help out one another, and aren't out for putting someone over a barrel for prices on games and other items.
4) Great staff, who monitor the site and make sure it's being used to its fullest extent.

Those are the big points, though I'm sure there are more that'll come to mind later.

Glad I'm here and glad I've stayed. Plan to do so for quite some time.

I don't post often, but I find myself checking this website three times a day. The forums are great and I get a warm, tingly sensation when I am able to get a deal on my video games. Great website!

CAG means another place that eventually leads me into more and more credit card debt, but keep in mind if the site didn't have some good deals it would be a lot more debt since I'd be paying a lot more for the stuff.

Being a CAG means the following:

a) I will never pay MSRP for any game ever again (including those $19.99 releases)

b) I will buy more games than before, and spend alot less in the process

c) I will have more games than I have time to play

d) I do alot more trading/selling with all the unplayed games

e) I get disappointed when I go on vacation or too busy to check this awesome website and miss great deals!

CAG means excellent deals, trustworthy trading (in general) and an amusing cast of characters.

That and flaming n00bs. :D

I frequent alot of websites, but had never really become active or involved in any. I found CAG through EGM (as many people have), and was immediately captivated by the whole premise of the website: a bunch of people who work together to save themselves some money, but who always remember to keep their actions legal in the process. They know a good deal when they see it, but they also know that their are boundaries not to be crossed just to save some money.

The forums are a whole other beast. This is truly an all encompassing community. Most of the people here have an awesome sense of humor, and I spend hours just perusing the off topic and discussion forums just looking to have a cool conversation with someone. I hardly ever find myself browsing the deals forum anymore, as the topics being discussed in the other threads are of far more interest to me now. My g/f hates this site, simply because of the ridiculous amount of time I spend on it.

Oh yeah, and spending. I must admit that I do end up spending more than I would spend on games after finding this site, but I have so much more to show for it. I'd never tried trading either until I got to this site, and have had awesome experiences with each of my trades and have done my best to help out others who simply don't have access to the things I do.

Another note about the community. I've never seen a more mature gaming forum in my life. Many of you know how ridiculous the gameFAQS forums are these days, and I remain confident that CAG will never fall to that level. The reason is that I've seen people of every age, gender, race, sexual orientation, and political orientation on this board. And while a few problems occur every now and then, everyone gets along fine and is ready to listen to what others have to say. Those who aren't simply can go to the VS board. :lol:

Wow, I typed a damn lot there. Anyhoo, I love CAG, I really do. I don't care if it sounds ridiculous to talk that way about a website, but I do. CAG is in my thoughts at least once every day. I laugh when I think about conversations I've had here, and I smirk a smile when I find a good deal here. What more can I say? This website is great, and its influence grows every day. Maybe one day Cheapy really will be the head of a CheapAss network of websites. I can oly hope that this one will remain the most inportant and influential.

Keep it up Cheapy, it is a good thing you do here. :wink:

Simply an awesome site for news on deals. I've been able to enjoy so many more great games because of the info being posted by all the great members. Keep up the good work.

CAG means great deals, new friends and a nice community of gamers.

Since i've been a member here I picked up a bunch of games super cheap! Made some great trades with fellow CAGs and made a few new friends to jam with on XBL. I also went to a killer LAN Halo party with a few members too.

It is really just cool to find so many people with common intertests.

What CAG means to me: A great place to meet new people and share all sorts of information; A place which helps me save money but as a result of all the excellent deals that I can't pass up, entices me to spend just as much if not more; and finally it is place where it is second nature for me to go. :eek:

I'm of Scottish descent, which makes me a cheap ass by birth.

I also own a dvd rental store and am starting to buy games to rent out. I have found lots of killer deals on this site and promote it heavily to others.

marc mccloud
orbit dvd

It means one of the best video game communitites on the net. If you cant get an opioion here or your question answered here, you shouldn't be on the internet. Congrats on 20,000 and here is to 20,000 more!!!

Long Live CAG!!!

CAG means to me that I will always have a credit card balance at the end of the month :D

Thank you CAG! I've almost got enough reward points for a Toaster.

I haven't found a community quite like this on the internet ever. Not Fatwallet - not slickdeals - nothing. Great regulars that know their stuff and never fail to bring a smile to the day at some point, and more game savings than I can shake the proverbial stick at. I've collected games and systems for an easy 15 years now, and to be honest was starting to lose interest in forking out $50 a game. This place has reafirmed my faith in gaming. Hallelujah! Can I get an Amen?

GAG means I have far more games on my shelf than I ever thought possible. Some may say I'm obsessed, but I say "It's only $5!!!"

Thanks GAG!

CAG means I am saving a lot of money on video games and video game accessories. Since I'm saving so much money, I'm buying more. In the end, I'm spending twice as much on games as I should, but I'm getting twice as many games. Bring on more deals!

CAG has allowed me to buy games cheaper than usual, it also made me buy more games than usual because of the cheap prices :D

CAG is the way to go!

Being a CAG means having to compete with all 19,999 other CAGs before stores run out of stock on the best gaming deals

To me Cheap Ass Gamer is a way of life. A way of life that goes by the mantraideology of nto having enough money to buy the game when it comes but having enough money to buy 30 copies of the game when it goes on sale.

I like CAG because the posters are fun and the deals are good. I think the forums are definitely more welcoming to newbies than a lot of other communities.

CAG is my life, I would be nothing without it :wink:. It means spending more time on this site and searching for deals than actually playing games. It means having more games than you can ever finish. It means saving so much on each game that you end up spending more than you intended. It means checking the site constantly so you don't miss that limited price mistake or short term price drop. I am a CAG addict.

CAG is one of the best video game deal forums around. I check it daily and have saved hundreds upon hundreds of dollars on games that will probably stay sealed for years to come since I have no time to play them :)
Keep up the good work at draining all my hard earned cash

CAG is the best thing I have found on the net in a long time. I am a fatwallet one who loves a good deal, and was sent to this site sometime last year (end of summer I believe). anyways it has helped me stretch my thin gaming dollar even further, and help my collection swell. Found some helpful and sometimes not so helpful people lol, and some great traders as well. This is one of a few sites I check every day and spend quite a bit of time on. So congrats CAG on your 20000!!!!!

CAG has made my parents smirk in the realization that they have always been right about me....I am a CAG!!!! By allowing me to forsee deals, balance my budget, and getting some goodies for my one and only hobby...I must say that CAG has not only rewarded me but made my parents finally proud of me. Thanks CAG!!! :D

To me, CheapAssGamer means love, love for cheap ass games that is. It's a community of people who band together, through thick (EBgames.com's .09 games) and thin (Circuit City 4.99 clearances) to make sure that everyone can get, or at least attempt to get, the best deals possible. More games means more fun, and that's what we're all about...having fun.

Thank you CheapAssGamer, for making my life more fun, I love you.

CAG honestly means "new and informative" :idea: site to me. I truly never knew there are people out there who are so dedicated to inform others about great deals on video games, not until i came across with this website being advertised on the computer shopper magazine. Every single day, whenever i can, always want to just browse on CAG.com :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back