$20 GC with purchase of ANY $59.99+ 360/PS3 Game - 3pm Fri to 1pm Sat at Toys R Us

boogie4114

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Toysrus

3pm Friday 11/11 - 1pm Saturday 11/12

This is part of this weekends doorbusters and a better deal if you only intend to get 1 title this week. Seems like the best deal so far on Modern Warfare 3 or Skyrim by itself.

P.S Next week Toysrus could possibly be having their buy 1 get 1 40% all games like they did last year when Brotherhood and Hot Pursuit came out. If they offer giftcards with those games and it works like last year both promos can combine then you can get both of the newer games for $90 plus tax along with $30-40 gc which can be a great deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JKSonic']This is starting to get insane and really pissing me off. First MW3 goes on sale not AT release but JUST AFTER. Now TRU ups their gc's at the end of the week during the promo for $15 gc's.

I can handle two our three weeks, but two or three days?[/QUOTE]

TRU rocks. Love TRU.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Thanks prim.

Gonna see if BBY will match this so I can get $20 off my HE and Skyrim.

If not I'll just get Skyrim at TRU and snag AC:R AT BBY[/QUOTE]

Anybody know if Best Buy would be able to price match this gift card deal? I already have a lot of credit with BB and would love to purchase a game with it instead of spending out of pocket. Let me know if it's worth giving it a shot. Last time when I purchased LA Noire I got a wise-ass cashier who informed me that they wouldn't match "competitor's gift card deals" and they refused to even match their own website's gift card deal. :whistle2:s really made me question humanity.

[quote name='prim4444']Confirming it. This deal will override the $15 gift card deal for the week. You will not be able to double dip.

Anytime there is a deal that involves a free gift card, it is always in store only.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. In that case, +1 sale for Skyrim. I was going to wait, but this seems like a good enough deal to buy it on it's own. Man I love Toys R Us sometimes.

Was gonna go in and grab Skylanders but it seems like it'd be the kind of title that goes on sale on BF (ala Walmart's ad). Pretty optimistic there'll be a better deal for it...

So this is like buying three game and get one free? B3G1 deal?
Is worth it if only buying just one then right?

[quote name='IronZombie']Anybody know if Best Buy would be able to price match this gift card deal? I already have a lot of credit with BB and would love to purchase a game with it instead of spending out of pocket. Let me know if it's worth giving it a shot. Last time when I purchased LA Noire I got a wise-ass cashier who informed me that they wouldn't match "competitor's gift card deals" and they refused to even match their own website's gift card deal. :whistle2:s really made me question humanity.[/QUOTE]

It's highly YMMV, but my store has PMed TRU GC before since one is lirerally 3 minutes from it. PMing a gift card is outside of their policies so I shouldnt get it but it never hurts to try.

I almost always go by their policies and only lean my weight once in a while. I do spend a decent amount and almost all in gaming so they tend to break the rules once in a while. I make sure not to abuse it as I know there will be a limit to their generosity.

They completely refuse to PM KMart though as they are certificates that expire.

[quote name='ftlee']So, is it $15 or $20 for the Fri. - Sat. deal?[/QUOTE]

$15 per game or buy 2 games $59.99 or above and get a $40 GC.

Fri-sat is $20 per game, instead of having to buy 2 you can just buy 1

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Was gonna go in and grab Skylanders but it seems like it'd be the kind of title that goes on sale on BF (ala Walmart's ad). Pretty optimistic there'll be a better deal for it...[/QUOTE]

Yes and no - I look at it from this perspective: spend the $70 on the starter pack, get $40 worth of other dudes for free (if that's your fancy). That deal I'm not sure will be surpassed for some time.

Was going to pass on Skyrim launch since I'll only be playing it for a few days and then swapping all my time in Ultimate MvC3 (and let's be fair, Bethesda has a poor history of buggy games on launch) but this deal is solid. Will pick it up tomorrow.

+1 Thanks OP.

[quote name='ftlee']Cool, going to pick up Skylanders for the 3DS for my son tomorrow and get my $20.00 gift card.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, it has to be the Ps3 or 360 version (20gc only applies to those two systems). The deal of the week is for any Skylanders version with a $15 gc, and the legendary pack for free.

The only real problem with their offer is that they're giving you a forced 3 pack, which contains a copy of Spyro (even if it's named, and looks slightly different). That forces you to spend more money if you really want to see the entire game. Each 'elemental' area in the game is locked behind a gate, and the only way to unlock them is by spending another 8 bucs on a character of that element. So, you'll need 8-12 figures to see the majority of the game.

What is Toys R Us return policy on gift card with purchase?

Bought a game that came with a $15 gift card, but want to return it with the game because they have a better $20 gift card promo come Friday.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']What is Toys R Us return policy on gift card with purchase?

Bought a game that came with a $15 gift card, but want to return it with the game because they have a better $20 gift card promo come Friday.[/QUOTE]

As long as the game is unopened and the gift card is still unused, you'll get your money back.

[quote name='dragonjud']As long as the game is unopened and the gift card is still unused, you'll get your money back.[/QUOTE]
Sweet!

You are beautiful!

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Yes and no - I look at it from this perspective: spend the $70 on the starter pack, get $40 worth of other dudes for free (if that's your fancy). That deal I'm not sure will be surpassed for some time.[/QUOTE]

Well I have no interest in hoarding the figures. I just want the 3 that come w/ the game and get the trophies... Legendary pack for free is a bonus, but that's it. Not buying any more w/ the GC.

[quote name='ftlee']Where is this at and when?[/QUOTE]

All week at Toys Rus. From Cheapy D's post: "Toys R Us is throwing in a $15 gift card with the purchase of any $59.99+ Xbox 360 or PS3 game...Get a free Skylanders Legendary Figure 3 pack with the purchase of the Skylanders Starter Kit."

I guess it won't qualify for the 3DS version, but since Skylanders is $70, if you get the 360 or ps3 version before tomorrow afternoon you'll get the free 3 figure pack and $15.00 gc.
Others are waiting for tomorrow afternoon, when you get $20gc, plus the 3 figure pack as well. It's a decent deal, if you're interested at all.

Finally, I would advise against getting the 3DS version, since you're getting a lot less game for the same price. You won't really be able to level up your characters like in the console versions. And the progression is nothing more than rushing from the beginning of a level which consists of nothing more than a bunch of platforms...this formula is repeated over and over again.

If I bought a game and then returned it later, would I get to keep the bonus giftcard? I have a copy of Skyrim coming in the mail, but I don't want to wait for it. I figured I'd buy a copy in-store and then return the mail copy to the store when I get it.

[quote name='Link2999']If I bought a game and then returned it later, would I get to keep the bonus giftcard? I have a copy of Skyrim coming in the mail, but I don't want to wait for it. I figured I'd buy a copy in-store and then return the mail copy to the store when I get it.[/QUOTE]

Yes you would get to keep the GC. but the return value of the game has the GC amount deducted from it.

Ie you buy a $60 game that includes a $20 GC. When returning the game you would get $40 back as that is the return value of the game without returning the GC also.

If you are just getting the game as a place holder so you can play it until the game comes in the mail then you can return the mailed game and the GC for a full return amount.

If you really thought you could return a game for full face value and get a free GC... Really?!?!

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Yes you would get to keep the GC. but the return value of the game has the GC amount deducted from it.

Ie you buy a $60 game that includes a $20 GC. When returning the game you would get $40 back as that is the return value of the game without returning the GC also.

If you are just getting the game as a place holder so you can play it until the game comes in the mail then you can return the mailed game and the GC for a full return amount.

If you really thought you could return a game for full face value and get a free GC... Really?!?![/QUOTE]

lol it was worth a try. I know that I got to keep preorder bonuses when returning other games. I'll most likely buy it at Gamestop for PUR points and spend those points before I return the game (it'll give me negative points, but at least I spent what I had).

hmm, well this certainly mixes things up for me a bit. I was going to pick up Sykrim on xbox from BBY and Skyrim on PC from Steam/GoG, but I guess I'll pick Sykrim up now on PC from BBY and on XBOX from TRU. Assuming they have copies in tomorrow !!

damn, i was hoping to play a little skyrim before i start a weeked beta for star wars: TOR, but this plus the $40 gc i got from them earlier this makes skyrim "free." Nice TRU, nice.

I'll probably pick up the vanilla version of MW3 as a placeholder in case I can't find a Hardened edition of it by Christmas and then use the gift card to pick up UMvC3 next week.

Buy 2 get 40$ was a no-go PM'ing at my local BBY. Didn't have the energy to drive down to the other one since it was already kind of late. Ah well. I'll just go pick up MW3 at TRU tomorrow after class. 20$ gift card is better than nothing.

I'm curious if MW3 will have a BF deal. If not, this might just work for me. WalMArt will have BF3 for $28, so I would imagine MW3 would be cheap somewhere.....

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Yes and no - I look at it from this perspective: spend the $70 on the starter pack, get $40 worth of other dudes for free (if that's your fancy). That deal I'm not sure will be surpassed for some time.[/QUOTE]

After reading about what the free Legendary pack is, I'm slightly torn. It's just a TRU exclusive 3-pack that includes repainted figures (with different stats). One of those figures unfortunately is another Spyro, so those that go this route will actually wind up with 5 new figures and 1 repeat. Not a deal-killer but still something to think about.

Slightly off-topic but can anyone recommend Skylanders for an adult gamer that enjoys the LEGO series? My wife really wants Skylanders but I'm worried the game is going to be too aimed at kids to be enjoyed by us (we're both 26). It's a hearty investment in terms of a game since we'll have to buy more figures. Is this game anything like the other Spyro games (the old PS ones)?

[quote name='metallicoholic']After reading about what the free Legendary pack is, I'm slightly torn. It's just a TRU exclusive 3-pack that includes repainted figures (with different stats). One of those figures unfortunately is another Spyro, so those that go this route will actually wind up with 5 new figures and 1 repeat. Not a deal-killer but still something to think about.

Slightly off-topic but can anyone recommend Skylanders for an adult gamer that enjoys the LEGO series? My wife really wants Skylanders but I'm worried the game is going to be too aimed at kids to be enjoyed by us (we're both 26). It's a hearty investment in terms of a game since we'll have to buy more figures. Is this game anything like the other Spyro games (the old PS ones)?[/QUOTE]

It's aimed purely at kids, although there're challenges. The challenges are done by sort of handicapping the player, though, and not by really testing your skills. If I didn't have a 7 year old, I probably would've never bought it.

It is more of a Lego type of game, but even those games have some undertone which keeps you entertained (tongue in cheek humor here and there). Skylanders has very little of this, so from that perspective it is very dry.

I think the next bit of info is a bit of spoiler, but may help you make up your mind, so I'm wrapping it in spoiler tags for others:
1. Every stage has several sections. Each of these sections is unlocked by having a skylander of a certain type. Unfortunately, quite a few feel tacked on just to get you to spend the money. A few of these areas are unlocked by one character, but you often find yourself switching back to another character to complete them.
2. Leveling up is a grind...and they get you there as well. If you have 8 characters, each one is required to have a certain amount of money for each upgrade. Each character keeps a counter of how much it has, and the money is not shared. If you want to speed the grinding, you'll have to spend money on the 'Pirates' pack. That pack has a 'treasure' which you can redeem once per stage...but it's another $20. Oh, and the Pirate pack is such an awful stage. Imagine playing a child game of match '2' over, and over, and over again.
3. The challenge as I said is more cheap design, than anything else. Imagine a boss that consists of fighting every skylander (evil versions) individually (say 13 of them), and then again 3 at a time. It's poor design, and nothing else.

I called my local TRU, and a woman confirmed it over the phone. She said they were strict about the 3 PM start time (gotta assume they're keeping specific track of sales for this). Regardless, I'm in for Skyrim. Will buy Microsoft space bucks and get first 2 DLC's "free".

Thanks again OP!

I have a question. If I use the $40 giftcard I got from the other promotion they had this week, will I be able to ge the $20 giftcard they are offering if I plan to buy Skyrim?

Is the $15/$40 GC Promo still active? I plan on buying two games tomorrow so the $20 WYB one game offer doesn't really concern me. I just want to get in and get out as early as possible before the Canadian bus tours roll in

[quote name='budz']Crazy question, but would stores like Best Buy, Target, Walmart, etc. accept a price match for this sale?[/QUOTE]

I'm curious about this as well because I'm debating on going to best buy in 3 hours for a midnight launch.

Make sure you get your gift cards. I just bought Skyrim and MW3 and the register did not prompt the cashier to activate my 40 dollar giftcard. I went to customer service and they had to adjust 20 dollars off of each game.

[quote name='Odinsfury']Make sure you get your gift cards. I just bought Skyrim and MW3 and the register did not prompt the cashier to activate my 40 dollar giftcard. I went to customer service and they had to adjust 20 dollars off of each game.[/QUOTE]
I believe it says 3pm Fri - 1pm Sat. that would explain why.:roll:

Yes, they had an advertised sale for a 40 dollar gift card if you buy two games over 59.99 which is apart from the sale that starts at 3pm today.

[quote name='Odinsfury']Yes, they had an advertised sale for a 40 dollar gift card if you buy two games over 59.99 which is apart from the sale that starts at 3pm today.[/QUOTE]
Oh ok, my mistake.

Might have to join this GC deals at TRU from now on since I'm done with my 5/100 deal at BBY.

[quote name='Solder']I called my local TRU, and a woman confirmed it over the phone. She said they were strict about the 3 PM start time (gotta assume they're keeping specific track of sales for this).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='foreinter']Just got the email about this ad. It says Friday & Saturday only but doesn't say Friday 3 pm to 1 Pm Saturday.[/QUOTE]

So which is it???

[quote name='Grecco']The Friday/Sat ad also has 20 percent off thing does that stack with the games?[/QUOTE]

Hey, I am curious, what 20% off thing? Thanks.
EDIT--> Oops, ok the SuperWow Deals 20% off thing. Yea, it only stacks with the 2 for $45 DS games to make it $36.

Also. this is YMMV, but on the front of the TRU circular that came yesterday was a coupon for $10 gift card when you spend $75. I tried yesterday, but it won't stack with another gift card offer such as the $15/$40 . Still though, it's valid until Nov 19, I believe, so its worth it to find it and use it later.

bread's done
Back