$20 GC with purchase of ANY $59.99+ 360/PS3 Game - 3pm Fri to 1pm Sat at Toys R Us

boogie4114

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Toysrus

3pm Friday 11/11 - 1pm Saturday 11/12

This is part of this weekends doorbusters and a better deal if you only intend to get 1 title this week. Seems like the best deal so far on Modern Warfare 3 or Skyrim by itself.

P.S Next week Toysrus could possibly be having their buy 1 get 1 40% all games like they did last year when Brotherhood and Hot Pursuit came out. If they offer giftcards with those games and it works like last year both promos can combine then you can get both of the newer games for $90 plus tax along with $30-40 gc which can be a great deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jcaugustine']So which is it???[/QUOTE]

trusale.jpg

[quote name='jooanyenna']
trusale.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Cool!

Don't TRU gift cards have to like a waiting period during activation before you're able to use it?

Something like 4-6 hours or so?

I noticed that at my store they included COD: MW3 (Nintendo DS) in the buy two for $45 deal. Not bad considering MSRP for one is $29.99.

If what the above poster said is true about them knocking 20% of that so it would then be $36 that is really good!

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Cool!

Don't TRU gift cards have to like a waiting period during activation before you're able to use it?

Something like 4-6 hours or so?[/QUOTE]

6 hrs I think.

[quote name='GBAstar']I noticed that at my store they included COD: MW3 (Nintendo DS) in the buy two for $45 deal. Not bad considering MSRP for one is $29.99.

If what the above poster said is true about them knocking 20% of that so it would then be $36 that is really good![/QUOTE]

Don't forget to print the 20% off coupon for that deal.
Link

[quote name='jooanyenna']6 hrs I think.

Don't forget to print the 20% off coupon for that deal.
Link[/QUOTE]

Does the 20% coupon also apply to MW3 and other Xbox and PS3 games?

EDIT: Just read a couple post above, the coupon only can be applied on the DS deal.

[quote name='foreinter']Does the 20% coupon also apply to MW3 and other Xbox and PS3 games?

EDIT: Just read a couple post above, the coupon only can be applied on the DS deal.[/QUOTE]
Says "not valid with any other offer for same item", so you can either use this coupon, or do the game credit, but not both.

Trus deal ends tomorrow at 1pm. The weekly sale that ran this week expired this morning I noticed. So anybody interested in trus 20 gc offer has until 1pm tomorrow.

Guess I'll bite on Skyrim for a $20 GC. Does anyone know if TRU giftcards will work at Babies R Us? My gf's sister is pregnant, would like to give the card to them since there's nothing at TRU I want and all of the games I want this season are done now.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Guess I'll bite on Skyrim for a $20 GC. Does anyone know if TRU giftcards will work at Babies R Us? My gf's sister is pregnant, would like to give the card to them since there's nothing at TRU I want and all of the games I want this season are done now.[/QUOTE]

Yes they will. I'll prob be using mine at BabiesRUs too.

Seems like a good deal for Skyrim. I just bought it last night at Best Buy Midnight Release for $60.. I guess a free $20 gift card can't hurt. If I buy one though, I might as well get a second game with another $30 gift card free. The only problem is, WHICH GAME TO GET???

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Seems like a good deal for Skyrim. I just bought it last night at Best Buy Midnight Release for $60.. I guess a free $20 gift card can't hurt. If I buy one though, I might as well get a second game with another $30 gift card free. The only problem is, WHICH GAME TO GET???[/QUOTE]

You can get two games with a $50 gc?

[quote name='mr_bungle']You can get two games with a $50 gc?[/QUOTE]

That's what the lady told me when I called to ask about the deal, but she might be confused. I'll report in soon about to go in and take a look.

My Toys R Us had plenty of copies of MW3 for both systems. Not too many people milling around the video game section either. Guess I'm the only CAG in the area who even heard of the deal lol.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']That's what the lady told me when I called to ask about the deal, but she might be confused. I'll report in soon about to go in and take a look.[/QUOTE]

Eagerly awaiting to see what you find out.

[quote name='bgame2']Eagerly awaiting to see what you find out.[/QUOTE]

Think the lady probably got confused. There is a YMMV coupon that was sent out to select TRU rewards customers that was a b1 get $20 GC Or buy 2 get $50 GC that ran all week. To get that deal you need a unique 1 time use coupon.

[quote name='Donut2922']Trus deal ends tomorrow at 1pm. The weekly sale that ran this week expired this morning I noticed. So anybody interested in trus 20 gc offer has until 1pm tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

The $15/$40 gift card deal is still active, at least at my store as of an hour ago.

Wow, no wonder they handed me two $10 gift cards just now when I left. I thought the guy made a mistake, as I didn't know why I was receiving them, but sure wasn't going to hand them back once he gave them to me, lol! Had no idea this was some kind of promotion. Going back tomorrow to use them on Centipede Infestation for $9.99\\:D/

[quote name='GreenSpark']Wow, no wonder they handed me two $10 gift cards just now when I left. I thought the guy made a mistake, as I didn't know why I was receiving them, but sure wasn't going to hand them back once he gave them to me, lol! Had no idea this was some kind of promotion. Going back tomorrow to use them on Centipede Infestation for $9.99\\:D/[/QUOTE]

Don't waste your money, the game is horrible. It will be $10 within weeks.

I went a picked up Skylanders - Xbox 360 for my son. All I got was the $20.00 gift card. The other 3 bonus figures weren't being offered anymore. It is the same at your TRU?

Just came back from TRU. The deal was only for $20 for one game. However, you could buy as many as you like and get a $20 GC on each one.

[quote name='bojay1997']Don't waste your money, the game is horrible. It will be $10 within weeks.[/QUOTE]

Really? So you're thinking it maybe BF fodder? Had a suspicion as well it might go lower, but didn't really see anything else there I wanted. Now, I will have to look again. I wonder what's the cut-off date for using the gift cards? If they last through Nov, I will just wait and snag the Power Rangers DS game for $9.99 instead.

[quote name='prim4444']The $15/$40 gift card deal is still active, at least at my store as of an hour ago.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for reporting, Prim but at my store I couldn't get MW3 without any GC offer as of 12pm PST at my store in CA. The employee said the old weekly deal should have ended last night and to come back for today's 2 day promo. I came back at 3PM and got the adjustment and the $20 GC offer became active. So this will affect a good number of people at least that were hoping to pick up any new releases after 1pm tomorrow.

Just got back from TRU, got MW3 and Skyrim and a $40 gift card. Cashier was saying how a woman earlier had used the promo gift card immediately after the purchase and it worked fine. Of course, I asked if I can try to buy a game while using the $40 gift card I was just handed seconds ago. Walked out with Uncharted 3, MW3 and Skyrim for $150.77 and a $20 gift card.

Now I just gotta find something to do with this $20 gift card, hopefully TRU has some nice black friday deals, Goldeneye for $20 maybe :D

[quote name='DudeImGodly']Just a heads up I was able to get BestBuy to PM this deal at around 12 PST today.(Highly YMMV)
But definitely possible.[/QUOTE]

Did they deduct 20$ or give you a gift card?

Scored Skyrim on PS3 right at 3pm. Thanks OP! There were only a few people milling around waiting for 3pm. Everyone was either there to get Skyrim or MW3, or both.

[quote name='Electro']Did they deduct 20$ or give you a gift card?[/QUOTE]

Was able to get this PM as well. Told them that final price will be $40 after gc, so they deducted $20. Instead of asking them if it is possible to PM, tell them you want to PM. Might work though ymmv.

[quote name='karatebear']Just got back from TRU, got MW3 and Skyrim and a $40 gift card. Cashier was saying how a woman earlier had used the promo gift card immediately after the purchase and it worked fine. Of course, I asked if I can try to buy a game while using the $40 gift card I was just handed seconds ago. Walked out with Uncharted 3, MW3 and Skyrim for $150.77 and a $20 gift card.

Now I just gotta find something to do with this $20 gift card, hopefully TRU has some nice black friday deals, Goldeneye for $20 maybe :D[/QUOTE]

Why do you pick up Uncharted 3 since BBY will sell it at $30 on Black Friday?

[quote name='foreinter']Why do you pick up Uncharted 3 since BBY will sell it at $30 on Black Friday?[/QUOTE]

...and of course I find out about this after I make my purchase ლ(ಠ益ಠლ

[quote name='karatebear']...and of course I find out about this after I make my purchase ლ(ಠ益ಠლ[/QUOTE]

Maybe you can go back to exchange for another game?

[quote name='foreinter']Maybe you can go back to exchange for another game?[/QUOTE]

I think I'm just gonna return it and save the gift cards for any BF deals they may have. Just as well too, I don't think I'm really even going to start Uncharted 3 for a long time with Skyrim and MW3 in my backlog and still quite a ways from finishing Batman...why the hell am I buying all these games? >_<

Thanks for bringing the best buy uncharted 3 deal to my attention, some of those deals are looking great!

[quote name='GreenSpark']Really? So you're thinking it maybe BF fodder? Had a suspicion as well it might go lower, but didn't really see anything else there I wanted. Now, I will have to look again. I wonder what's the cut-off date for using the gift cards? If they last through Nov, I will just wait and snag the Power Rangers DS game for $9.99 instead.[/QUOTE]

1/28/2012 was the date on mine.

I was able to get in on this free $20 dollar gift card @ TRU. I picked up Skyrim today after work at 5pm since I preordered it there yesterday. If I did not work today, I would have missed out on the nice 20 gc deal since I probably would have picked Skyrim up earlier in the day and I didn't know about this gc deal until I arrived at TRU this evening. One time in my life where I was glad to be at work today. lol

I will be using this gc on Zelda: Skyward Sword in 2 weeks. Woot!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Do all Skyrim copies contain the cloth map, or was that a preorder special?[/QUOTE]

My brother got it from TRU and it came with a map. He didn't preorder.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Do all Skyrim copies contain the cloth map, or was that a preorder special?[/QUOTE]

Mine didn't come with a cloth map. Just a paper map that was located inside the box, behind the manual.

I read that it was originally going to be a cloth map, but was later changed to a type of paper. However, I believe it was to be a paper similar to burlap, or so they say. I haven't opened my Skyrim yet.

[quote name='Gosha']My brother got it from TRU and it came with a map. He didn't preorder.[/QUOTE]

Was it inside the packaging? Has anyone got anything seperate? From what I"ve seen at various retailers is that their is a paper map included inside the case

[quote name='deantjeep']I read that it was originally going to be a cloth map, but was later changed to a type of paper. However, I believe it was to be a paper similar to burlap, or so they say. I haven't opened my Skyrim yet.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I've been wondering about this too. It's not a big deal but having a cloth map would be sweet!

Can't believe I forgot all about this. What are the chances there will be any copies of Skyrim or MW3 left when they open this morning?

[quote name='technicalstylez']some quick skyrim map facts:

3.unsure about 360, but vanilla ps3 has a box on the rear cover art that says premium physical map inside- located in upper left corner. if u have this box, then u'll have #2 inside. if u don't have that box, u'll get a plain paper map.

hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update! If someone could post the UPC for the non-preorder versions with the paper map and the UPC version for the pre-order versions with the premium physical map, it'd be much appreciated! I only preordered the 360 version but would be interested to find out the different UPC for the PS3 versions as well as the standard 360 version.

I was going to go for this and Buy Skyrim and MW3 but saw the Kmart deal which works out better for me get them for 90 + tax and no having to use a coupon for some other games I don't want.

Damn TRU employees never ask for my Reward card when I purchase stuff, and I'm missing like $300 worth of points now.

Apparently there's no way to retroactively attach purchases to your account? Nice -.-

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Damn TRU employees never ask for my Reward card when I purchase stuff, and I'm missing like $300 worth of points now.

Apparently there's no way to retroactively attach purchases to your account? Nice -.-[/QUOTE]

That's not true; unless they changed the rewards website at TRU you could retroactively attach receipts to your account but I think they limited it at a certain number of receipts per month or quarter

bread's done
Back