$20 off Bioshock 2 (19.99) and/or Just Cause 2 (29.99) @ BB RZ

Is anyone slightly interested in any of the bioshock 2 limited edition extras? I really only wanted the game and rapture posters. So I have the vinyl, soundtrack, and deco artbook available to get rid of

Not too shabby. I wish these coupons were good through 9/14 so that I could use my $20 gift card that I'll be getting when I buy Reach.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Will this work on the special edition? My BB still has several for 49.99[/QUOTE]
Well, the qualifying SKUs are on the coupon but you might be able to get a manager override if it doesn't work.

[quote name='Jodou']Been proven time and again: you do not need to scan a RZ card to get the deal.[/QUOTE]

Oh, well that's pretty cool then.

Been Dying to pick game up! Thanks for the heads up/find. Picked it up this morning right when BB opened.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm logged in on the site but every link - including the non-member ones - just sends me to the reward zone home page.

And navigating to the Special Deals page, I can't find how to access the coupons, even though I see it listed.

[quote name='jcp42877']Is anyone slightly interested in any of the bioshock 2 limited edition extras? I really only wanted the game and rapture posters. So I have the vinyl, soundtrack, and deco artbook available to get rid of[/QUOTE]

How is the music? I already beat the game when I rented it. It was good but I have no desire to play through it nor Bio 1 which I have.

Just grabbed the Special Edition for $29.99. Sweet. I've been wanting those posters. :D

Not sure how it's supposed to work, but the coupon didn't take the money off when it was scanned. The cashier then told me it was due to it being a special edition. After some persistence on my part and some huffing on hers, she eventually got a manager to override it.

Yonkers BB on the check-in!

I got the e-mail but wasn't going to bite at first. I couldn't resist. I picked up Bioshock 2 (Xbox 360). Something told me they would've sold out if I hadn't jumped on when I did. They had about 5 left on the shelves that I noticed.

[quote name='yruluis']How is the music? I already beat the game when I rented it. It was good but I have no desire to play through it nor Bio 1 which I have.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't know lol, i've kept everything sealed. From what i read, the vinyl includes the soundtracks from Bioshock 1 AND 2, and the CD contains BS2's orchestral soundtrack. The artbook is pretty sweet too, lots of detail in it.

I only paid $30 for the whole lot, but I was hoping I could get a decent amount for these extras (mainly because they'd be a butt to ship given size and weight), or a trade for Batman AA

Thanks OP, picked up a copy of Just Cause 2. When I logged into my BB Reward account I found out I had 2 unused bonuses for a total of $15, so I figure the game cost me $14.99. Sweet deal.

Noob question.
I just signed up for RZ, and seeing how I need to validate myself as a member when purchasing the game in-store, does it mean I will receive a membership card in the mail later?

[quote name='miriamleo']Noob question.
I just signed up for RZ, and seeing how I need to validate myself as a member when purchasing the game in-store, does it mean I will receive a membership card in the mail later?[/QUOTE]They can search by phone number. Also, I believe there is a place to print out a card on the RZ site.

Ok so give me some input. I've already beat this game (barrowed it from a buddy) but 20 bucks for the multiplayer isn't a bad deal right????

ok, i bit. got both of them... mostly because i had $25 worth of rz credit lying around, so 25 for both games was hard to resist. even if they're just going to join the backlog

[quote name='affa']ok, i bit. got both of them... mostly because i had $25 worth of rz credit lying around, so 25 for both games was hard to resist. even if they're just going to join the backlog[/QUOTE]

I mostly shop Go Hastings but this was too good to not bite XD

God help me. I have an unopened Bioshock 1, a backlog of two dozen games that aren't opened or have been played halfway through the intro and a four year son who doesn't need to see me play violent video games.
But I won't be able to beat 20 dollars for this game probably ever without getting lucky scouring clearance sales.
So that makes it a buy? Yes?

[quote name='DynamiteShikoku']can anyone confirm that this WILL work on the LE? or would it be YMMV[/QUOTE]

It is a YMMV deal on the LE set. I tried with the cashier, but they entered the SKU off the coupon and it would not count for the LE, just the regular edition. However, I did ask to speak with a manager to explain to them that it has been honored at other BBs around the country. When he saw that the difference between the LE and the RE was only $10, he agreed to allow the coupon to be used and overrode the price. I walked away with the LE for $5.36 after the coupon and $25 in RZ certs.

I think the key is just asking nicely.

Just wondering how people are getting the LE. The couple as of 9/11 only lists the regular SKU (9328809) not the LE SKU (9739989). Was there a version of the coupon with the LE SKU?

[quote name='Jodou']Well, the qualifying SKUs are on the coupon but you might be able to get a manager override if it doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

If there's a coupon with the LE listed, does anyone still have a saved image?

[quote name='UJam']Just wondering how people are getting the LE. The couple as of 9/11 only lists the regular SKU (9328809) not the LE SKU (9739989). Was there a version of the coupon with the LE SKU?

If there's a coupon with the LE listed, does anyone still have a saved image?[/QUOTE]

As part of my argument to get the LE, I mentioned the coupon that was in the previous Gamer magazine for $20 off Bioshock 2. That coupon did not list a SKU. But, at the time, the LE was still $79.99.

The only problem with the LE is that BB has the stupid security wires that crushed the outer box. All the ones I have seen have this problem. But if you can get the LE for $20 it's still a great deal.

[quote name='aj slick']The only problem with the LE is that BB has the stupid security wires that crushed the outer box. All the ones I have seen have this problem. But if you can get the LE for $20 it's still a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Who the hell cares?! That big slip cover is crap anyways, and besides a few SLIGHT indention marks on the big box, you're good. That box is built like a brick!

Side note...I still have the vinyl, artbook, and CD soundtrack to anyone interested. Would like to get back at least half of what I paid for the whole LE. Really wanting batman AA again and want some spare cash ;)

[quote name='dizmilli']Has anyone tried a price match of walmart.com price ($34.44) and used a coupon?[/QUOTE]

Standard policy is one or the other. You can get both with a manger override, but it's unlikely unless you're on really good terms with your store.

I just bought the LE Version. They had 3 left and I got the best conditioned box. Is the LE worth it? I have buyers remorse...

Playing through the first BioShock before opening this one. How come I've never played this before? What an amazing game.

Yeah I want to pick up Bioshock 2 on the PC for $14.98 @ Target, but I still have to play through Bioshock 1. Not to mention other games I need to finish first.

No joy on the SE after hitting up several locations, basically got "skus don't match" speech.

Willing to snap up the SE content (sans game of course) if anybody wants to recoup some costs. That LP is just too cool

Picked it up yesterday for 19.99 plus tax.. Too bad my ps3 had the ylod.. Waitin for friday to pick up the move bundle.. Lol

[quote name='trdmatrix88']can the bioshock 2 coupon be used more than once (like at 2 seperate locations?)[/QUOTE]

Why not? They are supposed to take the coupon when you use it but you can print out as many as you want and keep buying em.

bread's done
Back