$20 Off Bioshock 2 for Best Buy Reward Zone Members (360, PS3)

lol I got this text message at around 12:00 pm. I had to go to work so I didn't even bother posting... I'm gonna see if I can pick up the collector's edition, however.

I got a text today from my Best Buy Gamer's Club on my cell phone

"RZ Gamer Deal: Save $20 on Bioshock 2 on PS3 & X360. Sale Price $39.99 Show Sku: 9855621 to Cashier RZ Members Only. Expires 3/17"

Just go to Best Buy, at the cashier, tell them you have a SKU for the game, give them the number "9855621" and it will take $20 from the purchase of the game. Don't have to show them the text message. I've done this countless of times.

So those who missed out on Bioshock 2 the first time around, can get it now.

Make sure those you use your Rewards Zone card when you do this.

kmlm13 I texted gamer to 332211 and it said thank you for signing up for best buy reward zone gamer in the text.

Anyone know if they will take both the coupon and the 20 dollars off on the CE?

Yeah. When I went in to get the extra $13.xx off they said one or the other, not both.(I had purchased it, then gotten home and read this)

[quote name='GenPirate']kmlm13 I texted gamer to 332211 and it said thank you for signing up for best buy reward zone gamer in the text.

Anyone know if they will take both the coupon and the 20 dollars off on the CE?[/QUOTE]

I was very tempted to try to use the 10% coupon as well, but I was happy that they took the $20 off w/o questions, and I don't wanna make it too complicated, confuse the clerk, and possibly get the manager involved... :bomb:

[quote name='Brother Daz']Question, if I didnt like the first Bioshock will I probably not like this one?[/QUOTE]

Correct. It's more of the same and I cannot imagine someone who didn't like the first one liking this one.

SO MUCH WIN!

I just got back. After tax the CE was 53.98!!!!

Of course then I went to Gamestop and traded in the game disk only for 40.00 (bonus trade in plus edge card) I already played through the game as my friend let me borrow it, i'll re buy it used when the price drops.

So the CE ended up costing me 13.98. I knew I would get a good deal on this, I just had to wait it out. This CE is amazing, I love it. Thanks CAG!

[quote name='Nico0020']

I just got back. After tax the CE was 53.98!!!!

Of course then I went to Gamestop and traded in the game disk only for 40.00 (bonus trade in plus edge card) I already played through the game as my friend let me borrow it, i'll re buy it used when the price drops.

So the CE ended up costing me 13.98. I knew I would get a good deal on this, I just had to wait it out. This CE is amazing, I love it. Thanks CAG![/QUOTE]

X2, agreed
I signed up for RZ text rewards, thanks OP

Just to confirm: the extra 10% off coupon does NOT stack with the 20 dollar off SKU. The cashier scanned both, but it still came out 49.99...

[quote name='oasisboy']So its the Collector's edition $70 everywhere?[/QUOTE]

The cheapest I saw this before today was 77$ at frys.

i got special edition, plan on trading into gamestop (keepin all da goodies), but figured when they said they were extending %50 extra on trade ins it was by a week or two, but it ends in 2 days. Can i beat this game in two days? anybody know Game length(gunna ignore multiplayer as i heard it was mediocre (never really like bio's physic engine, no gun/bullet weight)?

[quote name='An J0e']i got special edition, plan on trading into gamestop (keepin all da goodies), but figured when they said they were extending %50 extra on trade ins it was by a week or two, but it ends in 2 days. Can i beat this game in two days? anybody know Game length(gunna ignore multiplayer as i heard it was mediocre (never really like bio's physic engine, no gun/bullet weight)?[/QUOTE]
I played on hard and easy. Easy takes an afternoon at worst and hard may take a few days. In the end it takes as long as the achievements take you. Story wasn't bad at all, worth the $4 loss after trade-in.

Wow... I would of used my RZ points on this. Instead I used the 10% and $5 RZ on GoW collection. I'm getting the 3rd from Toy's though. I'll get this super cheap come Holiday time.

[quote name='An J0e']i got special edition, plan on trading into gamestop (keepin all da goodies), but figured when they said they were extending %50 extra on trade ins it was by a week or two, but it ends in 2 days. Can i beat this game in two days? anybody know Game length(gunna ignore multiplayer as i heard it was mediocre (never really like bio's physic engine, no gun/bullet weight)?[/QUOTE]

It's very possible to beat it in 2 days if you have time. I completed it in around 12 hours and I used a guide, searching for all the upgrade stations and audio logs.

This deal sounds TOO good to pass up with the $20 off SKU too, but I think I'm going to just pass on it, trade the BS2 i already own, along with a few other games, into Gamestop for credit to get Metro 2033.

As much as i kick myself for doing this (since I barely delved into BS2), I really need the money I've got to last me until payday at the end of this month.

I'll just rebuy BS2 from a fellow CAG later...got enough games to occupy me now anyways...what with BFBC2, Heavy Rain, Demon's Souls, and soon Metro 2033

:) ahh, i resisted!

great, well ill just do a normal runthrough, and try to get in like 5 hours today(guhhhh), if i get to tired of video games before i beat it im just going to watch the story on one of those "Lets play ______" on youtube so i can gets the story. Thanks guys.

[quote name='Bartboy']Just got an update the 20$ off is for any edition of the game even for the CE[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

so with the new update, and the LE going for $70, it'll be $50?? b/c I will swear off buying games at full price forever if this is true!! edit: yup, I see it now on the website, F-M-L!

tons of stores everywhere, even Targets, have so many copies here in Houston, probably not at BB after a couple days, :lol:

I totally bit on the special edition, and it was so worth it. $55 for a great game, a vinyl and cd album, a 164-page art book, and 3 posters that are less promotional and more collectable and meaningful to series fans? Count me in!

[quote name='confoosious']It's almost a shame to open this thing.

$50+tax for this is a steal.[/QUOTE]

lol! get two!! Yeah, I have the $100 version on the 360, w/o starting a flame war, I was going to see thoughts about the PS3 and maybe open that one to play..may get another 360 copy, but ur right, it is a steal.

somehow, I wonder if its an inside deal to see if Bioshock 2 can claim the number one spot for March like it did in Feb..this will be a HUGE boost..but with the lack of promotional items (ie some big print out on the shelf next to the game) not many people will notice..

Grabbed one for the 360. Walked in and the shelf price said 99.99, then just asked someone to check the price and he said it was 69.99. Asked sale or standard price and standard it was.

Tried explaining to the cashier the little text coupon thing and it worked like a charm. Then got to my car and looked at my cell phone which I didn't feel vibrate and I got my first alert from their text system saying CORRECTION: Save $20 on Bioshock 2 ANY :ps3::360: versions.

So looking like it's working as intended.

Not sure if there's any in their backroom but numbers when I left were 1 360 Limited Edition, and 2 PS3 Limited Editions at the BB in Chino Hills on Peyton.

[quote name='GenPirate']I might bite on the CE later today. Is it worth it or should I just go with the regular ed?[/QUOTE]

spend the extra $10, you probably won't regret it, this CE is massive!!

[quote name='token2k6']spend the extra $10, you probably won't regret it, this CE is massive!![/QUOTE]

the cool thing about it is that it's really sturdy and not cheap.

[quote name='confoosious']I think I might get another if I find a good non-spider-wrap-raped copy.[/QUOTE]

No joke. The 360 versions I saw at my BB in Federal Way, WA had their packaging torn up by these things. I always feel bad about passing on a deal (even when I dont need/want it), but this one will have to wait. I saw this thread yesterday and decided it was finally time to start playing the original Bioshock to see if I even liked it :p

[quote name='gshell']i didn't get the text but i am a rz memember. do i need the text to take advantage of this deal?[/QUOTE]

All you need is the special SKU on the first page, you don't need the physical text message.

Found one at my local BB that never had the spiderwire so the sleve is mint.

Got it for 360, would have rather had PS3 but only one thay had was torn up by the spiderwire.

I grabbed 2 at my Best Buy. Coupon took $20 off each no problem ;D

Beats the $96 I paid for them from Walmart.com... Time to do some returns!

The only available version at my Blind Buy is for the Xbox 2∏. Oh well. May pick up a mangled copy for my friend's upcoming 21st birthday. Then again, I could use that $55 to buy him a lap dance. What to do...

bread's done
Back