$20 Off Bioshock 2 for Best Buy Reward Zone Members (360, PS3)

scored a 360 copy! went to two best buys, first one only had one ps3 one left, second best buy and NO special editions on the actual floor, they were on the risers above the where they need the ladders to get to. I was about to give up and for some reason i looked up and saw them haha. They had two Xbox versioons and a ton of Ps3 versions.

I asked an employee for an xbox one up top and he pointed me to the racks with the regular editions. I think he knew what was up and was trying to fool me. but whatever, i got one. and to my surprise i have a huge hard on right now because i did not realize the vinyl in the special edition is for Bioshock 1. omg, so awesome, im a huge vinyl fan and love to collect and listen. I opened it up and wow, this seems to be a proper special edition, i love it especially since i freaking love Bioshock, definitely not going to resell it.

and if anybody lives in this area, it was in Tustin, CA at the Tustin Marketplace best buy. remember they're not on the actual floor, you have to look up onto their storage shelves up high.

came out to $54 total. :)

edit: oh and the cashier didn't know what the hell to do with the coupon on my phone, but another one came over and helped her out, she was nice!

CE $54.36 out the door. They have a bunch at the Rancho Cucamonga store. Man, love you guys for finding these deals!

Thanks OP, it was NICE saving 20.00!

Pick it up at the Best Buy in Midlothian, VA:
2 CE for the PS3 left on the shelf
8 CE for the 360 left on the shelf

I got turned down today!!! For some reason the stupid people I talked to couldnt get it through their stupid heads that there is NO PRINT VERSION of this coupon!!! I told 3 different people this and they still couldn't understand anything!

[quote name='confoosious']I think I might get another if I find a good non-spider-wrap-raped copy.[/QUOTE]

It will probably be easier to find a COD WAW CE for $20 than to find a non-spider LE Bioshock 2.

[quote name='merchie89']I got turned down today!!! For some reason the stupid people I talked to couldnt get it through their stupid heads that there is NO PRINT VERSION of this coupon!!! I told 3 different people this and they still couldn't understand anything![/QUOTE]

Go back, tell them they are wrong and if they still refuse it tell them you're going to take your business else where and get a price match there.

Best Buy in Winston Salem, NC had a ton (at least 9) 360 ones, all slightly fucked by the spider wrap but still decent. No ps3 versions though. What made me mad was I found one that was almost perfect, and while I was getting my money out, the cashier kept playing with/pulling on the spider wrap thing, making it tighter.

Oh yea, the lady also talked to her manager through her headset really quickly right before I paid, asking if it was cool to let me use the code, even though she already put it in and it worked. And right AFTER I paid, she asked for my phone number (although I already gave it to her before I paid, to get my rz points) and did something really fast that I couldn't pay attention to.

Could she have possibly like, made a little note of me or something, thinking I was some elite hacker? It freaked me out.

Wow, I hate that security device. It tears into the box. Had a bit of trouble getting it but I got it after talking with the manager. >.

Thanks op, I've been waiting for a deal like this for awhile. Got Bioshock 1 and 2 on PS3 for $65. I haven't played them before, but I heard good things about it.

Southaven, MS Bestbuy has 3 PS3 LE's in stock. All are in roughly the same shape...IE - the spider crap has pulled into the sides, but are otherwise pristine. there were about 30 copies of the regular game..and to think i rushed in case it was sold out by tomorrow, lol

Sunday I was at the Boise Best Buy and they had about 15 360 CE of Bioshock 2 none appeared to have that security spider web thing on it. I think I may have to bite on this deal if they still have any left tomorrow after my test.

Picked up a 360 CE at the Altamonte Springs, FL, Best Buy. At lunchtime there were still about 5 left. None were in the security wire thing, but all had already come loose of the clear plastic sticker that keeps the slipcover on.

Quite surprised how little I had to wait for this CE to drop in price!

I grabbed the last PS3 special edition at the Fort Worth Heritage Trace BB... thanks op! Didn't have the spider wire or whatever, but it was a bit torn, probably due to movement and the uneven shape of the box. Doesn't matter much to me.

To anyone else around there, they still had 4 Xbox 360 versions sitting on the bottom of the rack. I was also surprised to find that a BJs and a Freebirds popped up in the shopping center. Hell yeah.

I have a quick question, the deal says it expires 3/17. So does that mean it expires at 11:59 PM on 3/17 or does it expire at 12 AM on 3/17?

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Do you need to show your cell phone? I don't actually have a cell phone, so they might wonder how I got the code.[/QUOTE]

No, you dont need to have your cell phone. I just told them to punch in the SKU number at the register and the girl knew what I was talking about.

Thanks OP!

I picked up the last LE copy at my local Best Buy (PS3). I was hoping for the 360 version for achievements, but meh, it was the last LE copy, and beggars can't be choosers!

49.99 for this massive package is unreal.

I love CAG! Thanks again OP!

I have the steam version already ><
But I love the extras in the CE, I think im gonna have to buy this and maybe just sell the game.

*For those of you that didn't know this: the posters that come in the CE have hidden messages on them when a black light is shined on them- VERY cool if you ask me.* (There was an article on Kotaku a few weeks back about it.)

Honestly, I think I'd gladly pay 50$ just for the CE items even without the game, so... yeah I'm headin' to best buy!

thanks for posting this!

For anyone in the Kansas City area, the Lenexa KS store as of lunchtime had about 10 :360: copies of the CE that were never touched by spider wrap (and 2 :ps3: versions I think). To my eyes they seemed pristine at least.

You can use the money you save to pay for the supposed 'dlc' pack that's locked away on the disc your buying and can't access without paying a license fee lol.

[quote name='blissskr']You can use the money you save to pay for the supposed 'dlc' pack that's locked away on the disc your buying and can't access without paying a license fee lol.[/QUOTE]

Or you can not buy the DLC and save the money. Problem solved!!!

Thanks OP, picked up a copy of the :360: special edition during lunch today at the King of Prussia, PA, Best Buy. Had the cashier punch in the SKU; out the door for $53, no problems. :applause:

So first off thanks OP!....
Didn't even need anything.. went in there with the sku on a post it note haha worked like a charm!
I grabbed 1 :360: (last one they had)
I grabbed 3 :ps3: (they had 4 available) Both Limited Editions

Rang up 3 without the coupon $220
Rang up all 4 with sku coupon $209

So I got the 4th one for free and money back! haha

I'm in Virginia, Colonial Heights... I know now what you all mean by spider traps.. horrible!! but luckily I talked to the manager and said buy them today and get the discount and just bring them back when we get new shipment in and swap. Easy enough. Also if you don't open the game and take it back.. sneaky tip the sales rep told me .. you get $20 back as well as your original $49.99 after todays date

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GameOverSuckas']So first off thanks OP!....
Didn't even need anything.. went in there with the sku on a post it note haha worked like a charm!
I grabbed 1 :360: (last one they had)
I grabbed 3 :ps3: (they had 4 available) Both Limited Editions

Rang up 3 without the coupon $220
Rang up all 4 with sku coupon $209

So I got the 4th one for free and money back! haha

I'm in Virginia, Colonial Heights... I know now what you all mean by spider traps.. horrible!! but luckily I talked to the manager and said buy them today and get the discount and just bring them back when we get new shipment in and swap. Easy enough. Also if you don't open the game and take it back.. sneaky tip the sales rep told me .. you get $20 back as well as your original $49.99 after todays date[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmmm.......and you need 4 CE why?????

[quote name='GameOverSuckas']
I'm in Virginia, Colonial Heights... I know now what you all mean by spider traps.. horrible!! but luckily I talked to the manager and said buy them today and get the discount and just bring them back when we get new shipment in and swap. Easy enough. Also if you don't open the game and take it back.. sneaky tip the sales rep told me .. you get $20 back as well as your original $49.99 after todays date[/QUOTE]

jesus, I don't know whether two sentences in there are completely made up (another shipment of CE's and getting $20 back for only spending $50) or what to believe, sounds strange to me on too many levels..like I really think their POS is going to see, hey, we charged this guy $49.99 plus tax, but somehow we will give him more back in the end?? this would be FAIL on basic math/accounting, but anything is possible at BB!

Anyone else having trouble with the transactions including these $49.99 BS2 SEs not showing up on their Reward Zone account online? I used my RZ account to buy 2 separate copies at 2 different Best Buys, and I also bought GoW3 on the same day. The BS2 transactions have not shown up though. Anyone else have this?

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Anyone else having trouble with the transactions including these $49.99 BS2 SEs not showing up on their Reward Zone account online? I used my RZ account to buy 2 separate copies at 2 different Best Buys, and I also bought GoW3 on the same day. The BS2 transactions have not shown up though. Anyone else have this?[/QUOTE]

Nope, it's not showing up on my account either. I purchased my copy on 3/16.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Anyone else having trouble with the transactions including these $49.99 BS2 SEs not showing up on their Reward Zone account online? I used my RZ account to buy 2 separate copies at 2 different Best Buys, and I also bought GoW3 on the same day. The BS2 transactions have not shown up though. Anyone else have this?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't show up right away. Give it time.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Is this still active?[/QUOTE]
no it is no longer active

and

[quote name='token2k6']jesus, I don't know whether two sentences in there are completely made up (another shipment of CE's and getting $20 back for only spending $50) or what to believe, sounds strange to me on too many levels..like I really think their POS is going to see, hey, we charged this guy $49.99 plus tax, but somehow we will give him more back in the end?? this would be FAIL on basic math/accounting, but anything is possible at BB![/QUOTE]
I didn't believe her either.. so she signed her name on the ticket and manager's name. Verified! The auction ends in two days if they don't sell they go back no big deal. I already bought the regular version when it came out.. I play the games not really in it for the materials.. although The Bioshock one is awesome, it blows the God of War III one away in quality and actual physical things inside compared to DLC's

[quote name='Estebon']It doesn't show up right away. Give it time.[/QUOTE]

Purchases I have made on 3/17, 3/19, and 3/20 have all showed up. I bought Bioshock 2 on 3/16 and still nothing. Even the purchase I made with GoW3 and BS2, the purchase on Reward Zone's website only shows me buying GoW3 that day.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Purchases I have made on 3/17, 3/19, and 3/20 have all showed up. I bought Bioshock 2 on 3/16 and still nothing. Even the purchase I made with GoW3 and BS2, the purchase on Reward Zone's website only shows me buying GoW3 that day.[/QUOTE] The same thing is happening to me. I made other Best Buy purchases the same day which have shown up and Bioshock two is nowhere to be found.

I had a friend pick BS2 up for me on the 17th and he gave my cell number so they added the RZ info but it still hasn't showed up. Any of you try adding it manually or should we focus on getting in touch with BB CS?

Hasn't shown up for me either. I tried entering it manually once to see what would happen and it said it was already applied. I think I'm gonna call reward zone customer service when I get home from work to see what the deal is.

Glad I'm not the only one with the problem them. I had my $69.99 purchase show up (where the cashier didn't let me use the coupon...). I bought it and returned it right on the spot instead of causing a ruckus at the counter. Makes no sense why my other $49.99 purchase hasn't shown up, but the one I returned did. Hmmm... I guess I'll wait and see.

Best Buy has dropped the price of the BioShock 2 Collector's Edition to $69.99, so if you are a Premier Silver member, you are within the price-match period (45 days) and should be able to go and get $40 back! I just noticed the price drop at my local store today, and it has also been dropped on the Best Buy website. I will be taking my receipt in tomorrow to get the adjustment.

(P.S. This is my first thread, and one of very few posts I have made. I realize this is not technically a 'deal', and probably only applies to a select few people, but I felt the urge to share it in hopes that others may benefit from it. If I am somehow in the wrong for making this topic, you all have my sincere apologies)

bread's done
Back