$20 off Gears of War: Judgment Pre-Order (Newegg)

[quote name='nextisland']will bestbuy price match this?[/QUOTE]

Time to double dip, people. I just pre-ordered at Best Buy for $39.99 by calling customer service. If you want to pay $39.99 AND get a $20 BB credit (plus DLC), this is the way to go. You may kind of have to walk them through it a bit (add to cart, enter code, etc.), but it definitely is in line with their new policy. Remember, you now have to price match during the order process, so no PMs to existing orders.

[quote name='mathyou']Time to double dip, people. I just pre-ordered at Best Buy for $39.99 by calling customer service. If you want to pay $39.99 AND get a $20 BB credit (plus DLC), this is the way to go. You may kind of have to walk them through it a bit (add to cart, enter code, etc.), but it definitely is in line with their new policy. Remember, you now have to price match during the order process, so no PMs to existing orders.[/QUOTE]

dam ur ccheap ass gamer master

Will Amazon price match this? I'd hop on this if it came with DLC lol, but if not, I'll just buy it when it hits lower than $40, I haven't even touched the third one yet.
EDIT: Whoa, gonna try and price match at Best Buy seeing that people have had success

I was just told on the phone that Best Buy does not price match pre orders. The item has to be in stock and available now to get a pricematch.

on the phone with BB now- no problem in pricematching. Even did it to a flat $40 so i could use a $40 RZ certificate

Thanks, mathyou!

[quote name='rogus']I was just told on the phone that Best Buy does not price match pre orders. The item has to be in stock and available now to get a pricematch.[/QUOTE]

Call back, and post to the BB customer service forums if needed. While their policy doesn't explicitly say anything about pre-orders, they also are technically "in stock" as the "item" you're purchasing is essentially a reservation for a game.

[quote name='Jay197']what number do i call to pm at best buy?

will i be allowed to pick up in store?[/QUOTE]

I'm also interested in finding out the number to call.

I already have Gears preorders and paid for at Best Buy and would love to receive an additional $20 on top of the $20 RZ certificate for preordering.

[quote name='Ric Flair']I'm also interested in finding out the number to call.

I already have Gears preorders and paid for at Best Buy and would love to receive an additional $20 on top of the $20 RZ certificate for preordering.[/QUOTE]
There's a message prompt for options, say "More Options" and tell the Operator you want to do a low price guarantee on a video game, they'll forward you to a gaming rep and your on your own from there. Officially they don't PM pre-orders, but not all the reps follow official policy so YMMV.

1-888-BEST BUY
(1-888-237-8289)

[quote name='mathyou']Time to double dip, people. I just pre-ordered at Best Buy for $39.99 by calling customer service. If you want to pay $39.99 AND get a $20 BB credit (plus DLC), this is the way to go. You may kind of have to walk them through it a bit (add to cart, enter code, etc.), but it definitely is in line with their new policy. Remember, you now have to price match during the order process, so no PMs to existing orders.[/QUOTE]

Do you remember which rep you spoke to?

EDIT: Called them, and it looks like a memo is going around saying that they can't pricematch Newegg promo codes. I was able to pricematch Fry's, though - they have it for $49.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boom - just got it. I called the Premier Silver number - in my experience I get better service from that number. I told the CS rep the lower price was at newegg.com, but I don't think he even checked their site because I didn't have to explain the promo code situation. I had not placed an order for the game yet, so the CS rep placed an order for me with the $20 deducted. All said and done, a total of $39.99 plus taxes.

Is it really that difficult to get a freakin customer service number off the Best Buy website....????

888-237-8289....

EDIT: That's what I get for answering the phone and not reloading the page to see new posts.

[quote name='TooPoor']Who cares about skins and those nonsense when you get $20 off? :p

Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Hah. It depends if you want to get the season pass. If so, MS store or BB are both offering 20$ gift cards essentially with it (BB if you have GCU). So either of those would be a better option in that case. Comes out even no matter which way you look at it if you want the season pass.

[quote name='JaTaN']What kind of shipping does Newegg use for preorders?[/QUOTE]

Every time I've done it has been free 3 day shipping, shipped out Monday and received on Wednesday (of release week). Results may vary.

[quote name='Ric Flair']Just got off the phone. Best Buy wouldn't honor the promo pricing. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get it on the first try either. I called again immediately and it went through with a different rep. YMMV when it comes to Best Buy customer service.

[quote name='Dund3r']I didn't get it on the first try either. I called again immediately and it went through with a different rep. YMMV when it comes to Best Buy customer service.[/QUOTE]

Guess it won't hurt to keep trying. I'll call back later tonight to see if my luck changes.

Do you guys just say check newegg's website or what?

Also, do I place the order then call them, or do I call them and they place the order for me? I want to use a $10 certificate.

it's likely doa the moment you mention video game and/or Newegg to a Best Buy rep. People on both the regular and silver lines already knew about this when called an hour ago and have been since.

[quote name='bluelark']Hah. It depends if you want to get the season pass. If so, MS store or BB are both offering 20$ gift cards essentially with it (BB if you have GCU). So either of those would be a better option in that case. Comes out even no matter which way you look at it if you want the season pass.

Every time I've done it has been free 3 day shipping, shipped out Monday and received on Wednesday (of release week). Results may vary.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, last two preorders I have done through Newegg w/ free standard shipping have both shipped the evening before relase and, as I am in CT (shipped from Edinson), received on release day- Halo 4/Gears 3

[quote name='h3ro']I know I won't get the the retailer specific preorders from newegg, but how about the Hammerburst weapon and Gears 1 download code that were stated to come with all preorders?

Anyone know if those codes were for all launch copies or just preorders from those specific retailers?[/QUOTE]

Does anyone have an answer to this?

[quote name='FlyingAce39']Does anyone have an answer to this?[/QUOTE]

I believe that they're both inside the case as long as you get the first run of copies produced.

im sorry, i know this is not the place but i need to ask... in mexico "gameplanet" is giving a very cool "sweatshirt, hoodie"? when you preorder the new god of war... does anyone knows if gamestop, bestbuy or any store here in the us is giving it too?... i would love to have one of this!

485126_10151476717667899_1537864657_n.jpg

I need that hoodie in my life right now!

[quote name='omargm']im sorry, i know this is not the place but i need to ask... in mexico "gameplanet" is giving a very cool "sweatshirt, hoodie"? when you preorder the new god of war... does anyone knows if gamestop, bestbuy or any store here in the us is giving it too?... i would love to have one of this!

485126_10151476717667899_1537864657_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dund3r']I didn't get it on the first try either. I called again immediately and it went through with a different rep. YMMV when it comes to Best Buy customer service.[/QUOTE]

To anyone trying, try doing this and calling back at least a time or two. Customer service varies GREATLY with the rep you get. Some want to get your business and do what they can, some don't know "official policy" or follow it exactly. It really just depends. So yeah, it's worth giving it a couple shots at least if you don't get it the first time or two. I don't want to go through the hassle of dealing with their customer service for the site or waiting for my preorder or anything (already have it preordered from them in store) so I won't be taking advantage of it. Good luck to those of you trying though.

[quote name='bluelark']Hah. It depends if you want to get the season pass. If so, MS store or BB are both offering 20$ gift cards essentially with it (BB if you have GCU). So either of those would be a better option in that case. Comes out even no matter which way you look at it if you want the season pass.

[/QUOTE]

This is assuming you pay full price for MS Points. I'm pretty sure no one on CAG pays full price for MS Points. Also, you will have to wait a few weeks for your rewards cert. I'd rather have cash up front and decide how I want to spend it. Also, Newegg doesn't charge me tax. MS and Best Buy both do, so that's a few more dollars. The biggest disadvantage for Newegg is the shipping speed.

I am on now with a gamer rep. I think she is on to this. Said there has been some issues price matching this game.

Shot down. Oh well.

Ordered from NewEgg.

Thanks DieGo2SHAE.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RCizzle65']Called Best Buy and they said they wouldn't price match a promo code, I'll try again later[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what happened to me.

Great price! I don't even have to pay tax.

unfortunately, I've grown tired of the series, so this is a skip.

I love Gears campaigns, but never really got into its MP, so even at $40 I'm gonna pass on it. It will be in Red Box machines, so I'll just rent it for a day or two and play the campaign.

First time I ordered from New Egg, I was just wondering when am I suppose to get a confirmation e-mail? It has been a few hours and I have not received anything. I do have my order number from the checkout page.

bread's done
Back