$20 off Select titles in launch issue of @GAMER magazine (Best Buy) Just Dance Sale

nixmahn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Just got the launch issue in the mail b/c I'm a Rewards Zone member.

Includes Best Buy $20 and $15 off coupons for

$20 off
Halo3 ODST:360:
Bioshock 2:360::ps3::pc:
Skate 3:360::ps3:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11:360::ps3::wii:
2010 Fifa World Tour South Africa:360::ps3::wii:

$15 off
Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands:360::ps3:
Just Dance:wii:
AC2 :pc:

good for 6/24-7/31, Best Buy only

prices as of 7/26/10

:360: Halo ODST>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$19.99)
:360::ps3: Bioshock 2>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$19.99)
:pc: Bioshock 2>>>>>$29.99 (w/coupon-$9.99)
:360::ps3: Skate 3>>>>>$59.99 (w/coupon-$39.99)
:360::ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11>>>>>$59.99 (w/coupon-$39.99)
:360::ps3: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa>>>>>$59.99 (w/coupon-$39.99)
:wii:2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$19.99)

:360::ps3: Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$24.99)
:wii: Just Dance>>>>>$29.99 (w/coupon-$14.99)
:pc: Assassin's Creed 2>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$24.99) ------------------------> GOOGLE DRM issues before buying

CAG's reporting they have not received a free copy. I use my RZ a lot for the deals and preordered Madden 11 a few days ago (they asked for my address and everything). It was my 1st preorder and thought it was standard procedure.

https://www.atgamermagazine.com/?h=488

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='typical guy']a big part of the problem with this mag is that it is produced by best buy. when you read a magazine, you expect at least an attempt at it being neutral and coming from an unbiased position. with this rag, buying it is like paying for a catalog in the hope that it might include some decent cojupons down the road.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately there are few options. Game Informer is the same situation with Gamestop. The only other mag is EGM.

[quote name='bickle']Unfortunately there are few options. Game Informer is the same situation with Gamestop. The only other mag is EGM.[/QUOTE]

At least Game Informer is a good magazine. Gamer is atroicious as a read.

[quote name='Dysheekie']I have a feeling the coupons won't be as good for the 2nd issue. They probably just wanted to build some hype and get people to subscribe. I hope I'm wrong :)[/QUOTE]

You are going to be wrong. The next two issues each have over $100 worth of coupons in the mix.

[quote name='youtim']You are going to be wrong. The next two issues each have over $100 worth of coupons in the mix.[/QUOTE]

That's cool if they change their plans, but they clearly state in the first issue that the amount of savings in coupons for future issues will be significantly less, so it makes sense to assume as much.

[quote name='bickle']Unfortunately there are few options. Game Informer is the same situation with Gamestop. The only other mag is EGM.[/QUOTE]

I would recommend getting Edge magazine. It's basically the UK version of the old Next Generation Magazine. They sell it at most Barnes & Noble and Borders locations. This @Gamer Magazine is horrible. Best Buy should be embarrased to be involved in this money grab. I suppose they know it's crap which is why they are making coupons the major incentive to subscribe.

I keep considering subscribing to Edge, only reason I haven't is the expense. Maybe I finally will as I let some of my other magazines slide.

I do think Game Informer is pretty great through-I mean not Next Generation great, but very good.

[quote name='chriscolbert']That's cool if they change their plans, but they clearly state in the first issue that the amount of savings in coupons for future issues will be significantly less, so it makes sense to assume as much.[/QUOTE]

The claim made in the first issue is to state that at least $20 of coupons will be included. The goal is to have way more value than $20 in each issue.

I'll consider buying the magazine, if there is a coupon inside that I'll want to use. Spending $6 to save $20 makes sense.

If they keep giving out good coupons, then I'll subscribe. I didn't use any of the coupons in the free copy, so I wonder if I'll get any use out of any of their coupons.

It pisses me off that I never got this magazine. I've been wanting just dance :( will they take PDFs? Or anyone want to send me a coupon? I kinda doubt many of you would want JD :lol:

^ Come on! The magazine is GREAT positive reinforcement for your games. Just think about how warm and fuzzy you'd be feeling if this magazine had been out back in the days of Haze, Turning Point: Fall of Liberty, Fracture and Vampire Rain! :)

[quote name='Indiana Jones']^ Come on! The magazine is GREAT positive reinforcement for your games. Just think about how warm and fuzzy you'd be feeling if this magazine had been out back in the days of Haze, Turning Point: Fall of Liberty, Fracture and Vampire Rain! :)[/QUOTE]
WHAT??? OMFG are you telling me those games AREN'T as good as the guy at Gamestop promised me they were??? fuck, maybe my backlog is full of nothing but disappointment! ;)

BTW, if you make an acronym out of those 4 game titles as you wrote them, it's H.T.F.V., which could also stand for Hit The fucking Value-bin.

bread's done
Back