$20 off Select titles in launch issue of @GAMER magazine (Best Buy) Just Dance Sale

nixmahn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Just got the launch issue in the mail b/c I'm a Rewards Zone member.

Includes Best Buy $20 and $15 off coupons for

$20 off
Halo3 ODST:360:
Bioshock 2:360::ps3::pc:
Skate 3:360::ps3:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11:360::ps3::wii:
2010 Fifa World Tour South Africa:360::ps3::wii:

$15 off
Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands:360::ps3:
Just Dance:wii:
AC2 :pc:

good for 6/24-7/31, Best Buy only

prices as of 7/26/10

:360: Halo ODST>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$19.99)
:360::ps3: Bioshock 2>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$19.99)
:pc: Bioshock 2>>>>>$29.99 (w/coupon-$9.99)
:360::ps3: Skate 3>>>>>$59.99 (w/coupon-$39.99)
:360::ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11>>>>>$59.99 (w/coupon-$39.99)
:360::ps3: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa>>>>>$59.99 (w/coupon-$39.99)
:wii:2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$19.99)

:360::ps3: Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$24.99)
:wii: Just Dance>>>>>$29.99 (w/coupon-$14.99)
:pc: Assassin's Creed 2>>>>>$39.99 (w/coupon-$24.99) ------------------------> GOOGLE DRM issues before buying

CAG's reporting they have not received a free copy. I use my RZ a lot for the deals and preordered Madden 11 a few days ago (they asked for my address and everything). It was my 1st preorder and thought it was standard procedure.

https://www.atgamermagazine.com/?h=488

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Friend of Sonic']The writing style in the magazine was poor. It was choppy. Some sentences could be combined. They were short sentences.[/QUOTE]

Oh ho ho!... I'm gonna have to keep my eye on you!

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']The writing style in the magazine was poor. It was choppy. Some sentences could be combined. They were short sentences.[/QUOTE]

That's because your average Best Buy shopper can't read beyond the 4th grade level.

[quote name='youtim']All kinds of complaints and feedback on the magazine. I think you will find that some of them are being addressed in issue 2. Coupons for more recent games and the total value will be in excess of $100 again! The reviews and previews will continue to get better too and there will be exclusive content coming in.[/QUOTE]

Oh great more company reps

Finally got this today and I have to laugh at them trying to review graphic cards. The review reads like something they took off the box and the FPS benchmarks don't cite PC build, settings, or even resolution. Even fanboy blogs can spin better than this.

Ugh... I've got an RZ card and I'm signed up for the RZ Gamer's Club thing, but I still haven't gotten this. Is there anything special I should have done?

Was hoping to get one to grab Skate 3 for $20 after it goes on sale, but no dice I suppose.

[quote name='animalspinners']Ugh... I've got an RZ card and I'm signed up for the RZ Gamer's Club thing, but I still haven't gotten this. Is there anything special I should have done?

Was hoping to get one to grab Skate 3 for $20 after it goes on sale, but no dice I suppose.[/QUOTE]

Yeah same here. I could really use PoP for $15 right about now.

I got 2010 FIFA World Cup as a birthday present to my friend. I'll eventually pick up my own copy when it hits 20 bucks.

Never got a magazine in the mail so I caved today and picked it up along with ODST for a total of $26.50 out the door. I'll go back tomorrow morning and try to use the coupons on Skate 3 and PoP:FS. $35 for both of them would be nice. :D

Anyone have any luck with POP:ST for $15? I went, game rang up at $29.99, then the coupon only took it down to $24.99 =|

[quote name='Hiro0015']None of the Gamers Club coupons are supposed to work on sale prices either, but they do.[/QUOTE]
Um no, they typically don't except for when BB forgets to exclude them in the system.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Um no, they typically don't except for when BB forgets to exclude them in the system.[/QUOTE]
Which is pretty much all the time lol.

[quote name='Jodou']Which is pretty much all the time lol.[/QUOTE]

Not since they programed the scanners to say "Coupon does not work with sale item"

Just wanted to confirm, these coupons are now working without an override. Saw someone mention it in the weekly sale thread so I figured I would give it a go. PoP for $15 and Skate 3 for $20 each out the door.

Where are these magazines located in the stores? I went last week and couldn't find a copy in the game section of the store (or anywhere in the store for that matter).

[quote name='nixmahn']Oh great more company reps[/QUOTE]

It's a good thing. I'd rather have companies listen to us and try to address our interests instead of blindly churning out crap no one cares about.

But I guess some ppl just gotta complain.

[quote name='bickle']It's a good thing. I'd rather have companies listen to us and try to address our interests instead of blindly churning out crap no one cares about.

But I guess some ppl just gotta complain.[/QUOTE]
It's not a good thing when sales and clearances have seemed to dry up across 2-3 of the chains that I relied on for getting my games like I used to: CHEAP.

I don't wanna pay MSRP or anywhere close for a 6 month old game and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay above $5 for a game that's beyond a year old unless it's something I actually like. There's far too many short gaming experiences out there now that are worth nowhere near full retail price.

But many chains seem to have turned the spout off as far as doing GOOD sales and clearances go.

The downward spiral towards shitty sales started when Circuit City went under. Without chains like Fry's and the like having a national presence, BB feels as if they don't have to be truly competitive in the market. Aside from the glitched B2G1F last fall that BB did, their sales have really, really sucked.

Well, that is unless you include the former coupon mess ups that BB did that made games FREE after a Gamer's Club coupon. But we haven't had one of those major mess ups in a while now.

Let's see, if I wait for Amazon sales, I can get about any gaming mag for $5. And I'm Premier Silver. Not planning on paying a dime for this. Future's other mags are on Amazon so if this one is eventually and I can get it for $5 I might cave.

For those of you that got the first issue of Best Buy's @Gamer magazine -- the $15 coupon in there for Prince of Persia:The Forgotten Sands will work this week with Best Buy's sale price on this game at $30.

$15 out the door isn't bad for this game -- most reviewers seemed to like it, just thought it was a little too short.

People have been saying in other threads that since the wording says "not applicable on sale prices," and has been ringing up when scanned to $24.99 ($15 off the normal $39.99 price). Unless something's changed and you've gotten it to happen? Got a receipt scan?

[quote name='apterous']People have been saying in other threads that since the wording says "not applicable on sale prices," and has been ringing up when scanned to $24.99 ($15 off the normal $39.99 price). Unless something's changed and you've gotten it to happen? Got a receipt scan?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy changed the coupon yesterday to work. It now requires no override and rings at 15 bucks.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Best Buy changed the coupon yesterday to work. It now requires no override and rings at 15 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Good deal but is it worth it?

[quote name='bredbu']Good deal but is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

Good question... It won't get played in my house until after Borderlands is finished. Then I have to play Bioshock 2, Left 4 Dead 2 and Alan Wake. That's where it lies in my 360 backlog... And if I move to the PS3 to play some backlog there first, then it'll be 2014... Damn you, CAG. :D

[quote name='sdcranford']I tried this Sunday with no luck. I'll try it again tomorrow.

Do you know if the Skate 3 one now works to make it $20?[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried it personally, but from what I have read- it does.

[quote name='EarthKing']Is the coupon one per person (unique coupon)? Can somebody post the coupon here?[/QUOTE]

It can be posted (as it was in the Reward Zone thread), but mods asked to not repost it. Also, it is a real coupon so a copy may not work.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']It can be posted (as it was in the Reward Zone thread), but mods asked to not repost it. Also, it is a real coupon so a copy may not work.[/QUOTE]

Oh okay....I didn't know that...Where do we get the "@gamer magazine"? What is that? Never heard of that magazine.

the coupon works on Skate 3. Picked it up for $20. That's $20OFF from the sale and $20OFF for the @Gamer coupon. Originally the coupon wasn't working but they changed it in the system to work i think yesterday even on sale games.

Coupon worked fine, no override needed to get the game for $14.99. As a bonus it appears the Best Buy version of this game comes with a bonus playable character!

[quote name='lordopus99']how many repeat threads do we need... :roll:[/QUOTE]
Apparently more, since you're still commenting.

I'm glad to hear of the automatic override, since I was already planning on getting a copy tomorrow. It's always nice to not need an argument ready.

I still haven't gotten the @Gamer magazine, and I'm a Gamer's Club member. Guess I can't hope for it at this point..

Holy crap, the coupon works now?! Sweet thanks for posting otherwise I would not have tried it after hearing about not working on Sunday. Will pick up tomorrow for sure!

Interesting... I may have to go buy this magazine since I never received one. 14.99 for Prince of Persia and 19.99 for BioShock 2 is tempting.

bread's done
Back