$20 off Star Wars: The Old Republic Regular/Deluxe at Origin

I'd been meaning to give this game a try, so I bought it yesterday. There seems to be way to many servers, at least for new people. There haven't been more than 12 people on the intro planet since I started playing (about 5 hours).

I'm sure there are plenty after you get off this world, but it doesn't leave a good impression to play an mmo where you see less people than you do in a call of duty match.

Wow, is the game already this dead? A month ago when I played the starter planets had around 70. And the second planet would have 100-150 people and well frankly after that every other planet was basically a desert with around 30 people or less with the last planet having only 10 people on it at any one time. If there really are only 12 people on the starter planet on your server I would consider switching since the other planets will likely have less people on it than that.

They certainly do have way too many servers and I find it almost hard to believe it had queues to log into the server when it was released considering how empty the game is now.

[quote name='Thongsy']Wow, is the game already this dead? A month ago when I played the starter planets had around 70. And the second planet would have 100-150 people and well frankly after that every other planet was basically a desert with around 30 people or less with the last planet having only 10 people on it at any one time. If there really are only 12 people on the starter planet on your server I would consider switching since the other planets will likely have less people on it than that.

They certainly do have way too many servers and I find it almost hard to believe it had queues to log into the server when it was released considering how empty the game is now.[/QUOTE]

Since there are 4 different starter planets their infrastructure kind of skews our ability to accurately track activity (adding up everything on most servers still trumps the vast majority of other MMO's). But yes, it's tough to have good population at most times on most servers right now (it's dead at most hours), although I expect a great deal of activity influx this weekend and probably the rest of this month since the big 1.2 patch is finally coming out Thursday.

I also expect them to offer transfers within the next few months and then give it a bit more time before actually merging servers. It's also been 4 months, so I'm not sure why this comes as a surprise to anyone. I'm all in for Tera and Guild Wars II as well, mind you, but I don't go in expecting any of these to end up comparable to World of Warcraft. Guild Wars II stands the best chance of keeping a high and stable population due to no monthly fee, though.

Hmm this is pretty good, but I'll be looking for this same thread in the future with one less word in the title if you know what I mean.

[quote name='mac101010']Hmm this is pretty good, but I'll be looking for this same thread in the future with one less word in the title if you know what I mean.[/QUOTE]

The game will NEVER be on Steam, deal with it (even if that means never playing it.)

Thanks op for the sale find,

tried this on the free-play weekend (4 days). When they say there are a lot of servers, they mean it. I had read the rumors of the low population for this game so it came as a little confusing to see the plethora of "active" servers.

I tried to love it but it just felt... off. The interface, controll layout, even characters seemed like i was playing a beta WoW (for better or worse). The game will live for a while, but the sooner it goes F2P (LotRO, DCUO) the better chance it has of being respected.

Agreed. This game is already losing subs, and with Guild Wars 2 around the corner it's as good as dead as far as p2p goes. I think it could have a decent life as a f2p game with a cash shop maybe, but it's just not worth a monthly sub once you hit max level.

[quote name='MSUHitman']The game will NEVER be on Steam, deal with it (even if that means never playing it.)[/QUOTE]

If you remove "Origin" the sentence doesn't work. My guess was removing "off". I'd give it a shot at $20.

[quote name='Thongsy']Wow, is the game already this dead? A month ago when I played the starter planets had around 70. And the second planet would have 100-150 people and well frankly after that every other planet was basically a desert with around 30 people or less with the last planet having only 10 people on it at any one time. If there really are only 12 people on the starter planet on your server I would consider switching since the other planets will likely have less people on it than that.

They certainly do have way too many servers and I find it almost hard to believe it had queues to log into the server when it was released considering how empty the game is now.[/QUOTE]

Oh do not worry... Orgin will take care of the empty server issue. I am guessing they will be shutting the servers down within two yesrs? :whistle2:#

[quote name='TheFirst109']Agreed. This game is already losing subs, and with Guild Wars 2 around the corner it's as good as dead as far as p2p goes. I think it could have a decent life as a f2p game with a cash shop maybe, but it's just not worth a monthly sub once you hit max level.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree.

been playing since November but I put an end to my sub recently. PvP is meh and end game content was stupid easy. Main hub only has an average of 70-80 pepole a night. So yeah wait til they combine servers and/or it goes F2P.

[quote name='Dogmeat26']been playing since November but I put an end to my sub recently. PvP is meh and end game content was stupid easy. Main hub only has an average of 70-80 pepole a night. So yeah wait til they combine servers and/or it goes F2P.[/QUOTE]
They'd have to do a major overhaul with world pvp to get me back, even it was F2P.

When you hit level 50 its like hitting a wall. Ending up selling my account for $120 luckily locally :) No desire to play it again.

Some people like to rag on the game if all they have is time to play games that there isn't enough this or that. I've been playing since launch and still enjoying it a lot, much more than the other big MMO. Pick a populated server and it's not a problem and maybe look into joining an active guild (there are plenty).

Awesome game, and if you haven't been in since the 1.2 patch dropped you might be amazed. It's how it should have been at launch now. ;)

bread's done
Back