2004 FYE Trade-In Prices - LIST HERE (Farewell!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was at Strawberries, which I think is the same as FYE:

All Gamecube:
NCAA Football 2004 $26 - I paid $4.99 at BB :D
Rayman 3 - $6.50-$8.50
F-Zero GX - $6.50-$8.50
Luigi's Mansion - $6.50-$8.50

Sorry I don't remember the exact prices on the last three since I didn't actually trade them in...

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin']Do they take trade ins without box and instructions?[/quote]

I think it just depends on the FYE store you go to. Whenever I trade in at Strawberries they make sure to remind that they only accept trades with boxes and manuals but at Record Town, I see some used games that are disc only.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']breakdown - 25
wario world - 11
motor trend lotus challenge - 27[/quote]

breakdown $25?
if this is true, ill be getting rid of some of best buys stock of breakdown at $15 and making $10 each

I know that Gamestop gives 25.00 for Syphon Filter: Omega Strain and 25.00 for Splinter Cell: PT *xbox* :)

I'm too lazy to put everything in alphabetical order now, but here is a cut & paste list of all the prices we gots so far. Keep in mind that some games are more than likely worth less now (like Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic).

Playstation 1
Blast Chamber - $4.50
Crash Team Racing - $6
Jet Moto 2 - $4.50
Monopoly - $8.50
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire 2 - $4.50

Playstation2
MVP Baseball 2004 (PS2) : 23.00
Matt Hoffman 2 (PS2): 8.50
SSX Tricky (PS2): 8.50
Red Faction (PS2) - 8.50
Fantavison (PS2) - 6.00
Downforce (PS 2) - $7.50
wipeout fusion $7.50-8.50
Devil May Cry- 7.50-8.50
summer beach volleball 7.50-8.50
freaky flyers 7.50-8.50
ZOE- 7.50
ZOE 2- 8.50
Galerians Ash- 8:50
Extermination- 6.00
Rouge Ops $7.50
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu $8.50
Everquest Adventures Online Frontiers--$12
Everquest Online Adventures-- 0.01
John Madden 2001--$2
Dark Cloud--7.50
Shadowman Second Coming 8.50
Black and Bruise 8.50
Dynasty Tactics 2-- $11
Fatal Frame 2--$26
Smash Cars--$12
The Sims - 7.50
Crash Bandicoot the wrath of cortex ps2-8.50
motor trend lotus challenge - $27
Spyro: Enter the Dragon, Ace Combat 4, Midnight Club 1, and Pac man World 2 (ps2) run either $7.50 or $8.50.
Splashdown--$8.50
Disaster Report--$18
Freedom Fighters--$8.50
World Series Baseball 2K3 $14
Pryzm 2.50
Mobile Lightning Force $6
Starksy and hutch $2

XBOX
Maximum Chase $18
Alter Echo for XB - 8.50
Jet Set Radio/Sega GT--$6
Dynasty Warriors 4--$24
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic--$26
Haunted Mansion $15
Splinter Cell Pandora Tommorow--$25
Disney Extreme Skate Adventure--$12
Brute Force $6
Project Gotham 1 $8.50
breakdown - 25
Star Wars Star Fighter (XBOX) 7.50
Splinter Cell $8.50
Syberia $7.50
The great Escape $7.50
Terminator $7.50
Murakumo $7.50
NHL Hitz Pro $17
NBA Jam $7.50

Gamecube
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance - $8.50
SSX Tricky - $8.50
NBA Live 2003-$8
Robotech Battlecry 7.50
Nascar Rumble 2003 $2
Zoocube 8.50
Haunted Mansion $17
NCCA Football 2004--$26
wario world - $11
Rayman 3 - $6.50-$8.50
F-Zero GX - $6.50-$8.50
Luigi's Mansion - $6.50-$8.50
Go Go HyperGrind-$26
Spyhunter $6.50
Batman Vengeance $8.50
Freekstyle $8.50
NHL 2003 ($1)
Rouge Ops $7.50
Wave Race $10
Batman: Dark Tommorow $8.50
WWE Crush Hour $7.50
Street hoops - $8.50
Mx superfly - $8.50
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles $26
Roadkill $24

Games not in the system
Gungriffon Blaze
NBA Starting Five
Robotech Collector’s Edition (Gamecube)

I didn't ask about the price since I didn't feel like waiting in line to ask but Go Go Hypergrind was selling for $43.99 used. Since it's $12.99 at EB, it could be a game worth buying to trade in.

Generally a good way to tell the price of a used at fye is take what they used game price is selling for, and see what 50% that is. That is your trade in value

Ex:

Motortrend lotus challenege 44.99 used sale price

27 trade in credit.

I just bought hypergrind for 13 at eb and traded it in for 26. I picked up Simpsons season 1 and 2, earlier I bought 3. I'm going to be sending the rebates in tomorrow to egt 15 bucks back.

If they're still asking $39.99 for it new on the FYE website (and I just found out they still do), you can get $24.00 for the Gamecube version of Roadkill (and that version only). I did this about two months ago, so I don't know if the value has changed. The game retails for $19.99 at most places, so you actually make $5 extra dollars in credit if you trade-in Roadkill. Just remember it has to be the GC version. Also, Go Go Hypergrind is still retailing for $49.99 according to their site, and I think I remember getting $26.00 for that one (it was a few months ago as well).

Pretty much the price it goes for new on their website is the price it will be in store, and if you want to figure out the value of the game you want to trade in, I would take 40-50% (as a range) of the new price on the FYE website.

I've gotten some pretty good trade-in values on games at the FYE sister store, Saturday Matinee. Some cases, I've gotten more for games than what I paid! And even if you don't get a whole lot for a game ($6-8), it's still more than EB. For example, I had about 6 games I wanted to trade in awhile back. EB quoted me $24 for the whole thing. Saturday Matinee gave me $74 in credit. It's a huge difference.

I got 8.50 for Splinter Cell
and 7.50 each for these Xbox games.
Syberia,
The great Escape,
Terminator
Murakumo
Not bad for crappers, so I picked up some simpsons.

[quote name='BlueStorm781']If they're still asking $39.99 for it new on the FYE website (and I just found out they still do), you can get $24.00 for the Gamecube version of Roadkill (and that version only). I did this about two months ago, so I don't know if the value has changed. The game retails for $19.99 at most places, so you actually make $5 extra dollars in credit if you trade-in Roadkill. Just remember it has to be the GC version. Also, Go Go Hypergrind is still retailing for $49.99 according to their site, and I think I remember getting $26.00 for that one (it was a few months ago as well).

Pretty much the price it goes for new on their website is the price it will be in store, and if you want to figure out the value of the game you want to trade in, I would take 40-50% (as a range) of the new price on the FYE website.

I've gotten some pretty good trade-in values on games at the FYE sister store, Saturday Matinee. Some cases, I've gotten more for games than what I paid! And even if you don't get a whole lot for a game ($6-8), it's still more than EB. For example, I had about 6 games I wanted to trade in awhile back. EB quoted me $24 for the whole thing. Saturday Matinee gave me $74 in credit. It's a huge difference.[/quote]

That's why I love FYE, even if you have to have some titles rejected by the store every so often (the ones that give out cash usuaslly are picky about the amount of copies they can keep) and the fact that their selection of games is mostly mainstream. It's all good in the end.

BTW, Roadkill on Gamecube sells for $4.98 at TRU. I'll call FYE (and if I'm lucky) verify it's $20-something trade in value.

No luck, I called three different FYE stores and they wouldn't give me the value over the phone (sometimes they'll give you a game value, sometimes they won't).

Can anyone call their local store and verifiy?

I want to know the value of road kill as well. I'd call but yesterday when I asked about Haunted Mansion and Go Go Hypergrind they got mad at me.

Any idea what Rainbow Six 3 is worth (XBOX)? I think it sells new for $39.99, so I'd guess $15-$20. I got it free from that Circuit City deal and it's ok, but I think I'd rather have FSW and if I got good credit for it maybe I'd trade.

Does anyone know the official policy for trade-ins without documentation/cases? I thought they would take the game regardless as long as it's not scratched up but a friend tried this and the employee said it needed to at least have the manual.

Taken from the other price thread...

FYE:

Rygar: $6
Wario World: $11
Devil May Cry 2: $7
Ratchet and Clank 2: $17

They were sold out of Roadkill at my local TRU.

They only had one copy of Roadkill at the TRU I go to. There is another TRU i visited last week that had 2 copies but I think they would be gone by now.

And yeah, Roadkill rung up at $24 at FYE!

I think Rainbow Six 3 is $20, that number came up fast but the guy behind the counter deleted it once he realized I was trying to trade in the Rainbow Six 3 Companion Disc.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']No luck, I called three different FYE stores and they wouldn't give me the value over the phone (sometimes they'll give you a game value, sometimes they won't).

Can anyone call their local store and verifiy?[/quote]

that's odd. last week, i called to see how much they would give me for a video game, and they quoted it over the phone. today, i called to get a quote and they said that they couldn't give me the value over the phone either! maybe it's a new policy? :(

Aren't FYE & The Wherehouse affiliated with each other? You can look up game trade-in values on wherehouse.com if you want to. The prices should be identical to FYE.

My store wasn't nearly as generous:

Dynasty tactics 2 - $11
Mobile Light Force - $6.00
Sims - $7.50
Pryzm - $2.50
Starsky Hutch - $2.00

So of course I gave them the finger and bought a bunch of Simpsons. Perhaps they didn;t realize they were dealing with a SUPASTAR~!

Dave Olson
*SUPER DUPER INTERNET CELEBRITY SUPASTAR~!* TM.

[quote name='pacifickarma']Aren't FYE & The Wherehouse affiliated with each other? You can look up game trade-in values on wherehouse.com if you want to. The prices should be identical to FYE.[/quote]

good idea pacifickarma! thanks! :D

[quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']No luck, I called three different FYE stores and they wouldn't give me the value over the phone (sometimes they'll give you a game value, sometimes they won't).

Can anyone call their local store and verifiy?[/quote]

that's odd. last week, i called to see how much they would give me for a video game, and they quoted it over the phone. today, i called to get a quote and they said that they couldn't give me the value over the phone either! maybe it's a new policy? :([/quote]

I think they changed their policy too since they still won't give the price of any game over the phone. That or they finally got caller ID.

[quote name='BlueStorm781']
Pretty much the price it goes for new on their website is the price it will be in store, and if you want to figure out the value of the game you want to trade in, I would take 40-50% (as a range) of the new price on the FYE website.[/quote]

so...i have 5 copies of minority report for ps2...bought them at best buy for $1 each...on the fye site, they go for $19.99 new....are you telling me that i can get anywhere from $8-$10 a piece for these? which comes out to $40-$50 for the $5 that i paid???

they wont take more then 1 at each FYE, you can try one at a time, but be warned, usually when they get 3 of a kind, they stop accepting trade ins on that title.

don't know if you guys knew this one yet
maximum chase (xbox) fetches 18

i did that and roadkill (gc) yesterday and got Simpsons 2 and 3.

if its been posted sorry

About 3 weeks ago

Fatal Frame II - 26 dollars (was 12 credit at EB Games ackkk)
Capcom vs. SNK 2 - 11
Syberia 8.50 or 7.50

I didn't trade any games in today, but we went to FYE and traded in a bunch of my girlfriends old cds. I can confirm that they ring up the same as wherehouse.com suggests. Hopefully they get the game prices back up soon.
Some of their used games prices are ridiculous. They actually have used games for $49.99. Who would pay full price for a used game?
They do have a decent deal going in with a $30 rebate on MVP baseball 2004. We got that. After I trade it in at gamerush and get $25 credit plus the $30 cash rebate, I'll have actually made a little money on the deal.

This is odd...two demo discs apparently rung up at $8.50 each according to the (fine) girl behind the counter.

Her manager looked them over, saw the word demo, and handed them back.

The discs were Lucas arts experience (.01 at BB) and Rainbow six companion demo disc (.99 at BB).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back