2004 FYE Trade-In Prices - LIST HERE (Farewell!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm buying 4, 3 to trade in, and 1 too to keep.

I just skimmed through the rebate deal and I didn't see anything about exclusions of the same game so I should be able to pull this off.

3 of these and 3 of those Star Wars/Tetris packs should be enough to gets me a XBOX and the $30 rebate at FYE.

i just got $84 in credit today for trading in (the already posted)

minority report $8.50 (paid .99)
quantum redshift $7.50 (paid 4.99)
go go hypergrind $26.00 (paid 12.99)
maximum chase $18.00 (paid 10.00)
roadkill $24.00 (paid 14.99)

im just pissed off that i didnt know about the 1080 while i was at the mall...looks like ill be hitting eb up tomorrow...do yall think its gonna be sold out?

do yall think its gonna be sold out?

I'd say it should be in stores for at least a week at the most. 1080 is a fairly manistream game so EB should have a decent stock, but all it takes is one determined reseller (and there are lots of 'em) to hit up several EB stores of all their copies.

I live in Olympia, WA. They didn't have the tag marked, I had to call EB first to ask, the guy there looked in the computer. I asked about Wario Wario but thats still full price. Since EBgames.com has Wario World and Counterstrike (Xbox) for 9.99, expect those to drop soon in store.

You guys should also check for used copies of black and bruised for the gamecube, as I said earlier, it fetches 27 bucks.

I forgot to ask EB if they had a Black and Bruised, but I know FYE wouldn't take my Star Wars/Tetris Worlds combo, largely because it didn't have a bar code.

I must have an old one because the ones they sell at Best Buy do have a bar code.

It's $10 at the one I go to, and that is the only BB I've seen it at.

BTW, wherehouse.com has finally got their prices for used games back online, though not every game works.

Tom and Jerry in War of the Whiskers $19.00
Freaky Flyers (GC) $14
Disney Extreme Skate Adventure $10
Rise of Sin Tzu $15
Pro Rally $19
Worms Blast $14
Ultimate Mucle New Lengends- $19.00
Top Gun (GC) $7

These prices are lower than FYE store BUT I have seen a pattern.

$19= $26 at FYE
$10=$12 at FYE
$15= $18=20? (not sure about this on)
$7= $8.50
I think some of these might be outdated as well since Black and Bruised shown up for $19 on PS2
as well a Gamecube.

Tom and Jerry aint worth it because it sells for $30 at EB and Gamestop.

Here is a game to look out for:

Fighter Maker 2 shown up for $19 on wherehouse.com, which possibly means it'll be 26 at an FYE store.

FM2 goes for $9 at EB and $13 at Gamestop.

Outlaw Volleyball shows up on the Wherehouse.com site as being a $19.00 trade-in. I'm definitely hitting up my Best Buy, grabbing that coupon book, and seeing if I can get a copy or three for $5 apiece.

edit: Valkyrie Profile shows up as bringing in $49.99 on wherehouse.com. Damn. :shock:

I think that is a mistake, Valkyrie Profile sells for $10 used at FYE.
Good look on that Outlaw game, that would be totally sweet if you can turn $15 into $50+

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I think that is a mistake, Valkyrie Profile sells for $10 used at FYE.
Good look on that Outlaw game, that would be totally sweet if you can turn $15 into $50+[/quote]

I tried Outlaw VB a while back (2 mos+) ago. They told me $1, same with Phantasy Star Online for XBox. I don't know why. The prices may have changed by now, if anyone else wants to check.

Yeesh, Fighter Makers II is just $15?! I checked that today in the used section and they had a copy for $44!

These might be good to buy low and sell high~

Everblue 2~ This seems like the type of game that could command a high value there and it's $5 NEW at EB.

Buffy on Gamecube was still full priced, but prices at EB and Gamestop were like $30. If you can find it at under $15 it would make a good trade in.

Battle Engine Auila--rung up at full price in store and $19 at wherehouse.com. Could be a $26 canidate and goes for $13 (XBOX) at EB and PS2 Aquila is $8 at gamestop.

Beach Spikers on Gamecube rung up at $49.99, but no price on wherehouse.com. It's $13 at both EB and Gamestop.

And I seen a copy of Roadkill on gamecube new (in the value games section)for $15. I think I'll buy that tommorow and pick up 3 good $9.99 psone/Xbox/PS2 games (which will then be reduced to $5 each because of the Blowout Sale) and sell Roadkill to FYE for $24, basically getting those 3 games for about $2. I just hope Roadkill's value is still $24.

i went to trade in some games at fye today and they wouldn't accept my clone wars/tetris (even though it had a upc), and my black & bruised for the gamecube b/c it was a "used" copy. wtf? every game that is traded in is considered "used." i didn't understand what the manager said, but didn't want to argue. ah well, i'll just try again another day :)

Wherehouse.com says 14.99 for Metal Arms - Glitch in the system. So they must not be exactly the same as FYE.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']La Pucelle fetches $25
Klonoa GBA fetches - $20.50
WaVe Rally fetches - $7.50
Metal Arms Xbox fetches - $7.50[/quote]

Time to get this thread going again. CC just had the pricedrops so there should be plenty of good trade, like Haunted Mansion.

NFL Blitz Pro, NHL Hitz Pro, and ESPN Hockey each $17 for Xbox

Counterstrike (XB) $11
MLB Slugfest 2004 (XB)$6
Crimson Sea (XB) $8.50

wow, i feel like a complete moron for not seeing this thread earlier. i traded in 6 games at EB recently for a total of about $15 (they were all pretty bad games that i didn't pay much for). Then i come in here and see that 3 of those games would have got me a total of $24 at fye...so i could have likely had over $40 for all 6....well that just sucks. I guess fye will be my new place to trade in games.

^^ the only thing to note is that movies and cds are pretty high in price. So the credit comes out about right unless used towards games. :D

^ they said they would give you cash. must be new.... damn them

NFL Blitz Pro $17 (Horrible, horrible football game. what the fucks did Midway do to Blitz?)

Italian Job (XBOX) 7.50
Skies of Arcaida Legends $12
Fifa 2004 (GC) $26
Dark Cloud 2 7.50
Dragons Lair 3d (GC) $18
Disgaea $18
Nighcaster $6
Aqaman (GC) 8.50 (I still don't see why this supposedly one of the worst games ever)
Superman (XBOX) 8.50
Toe Jam and Earl III 8.50
Gunmetal 8.50
Beachspikers $6
Dino Crisis 3 $11
Battle engine Aquila $12-15
La Pucelle Tactics $22

Can't remember the rest of the prices I got at the moment. I sold a whole bunch on sunday and gots a lot more than $100.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']i went to trade in some games at fye today and they wouldn't accept my clone wars/tetris (even though it had a upc), and my black & bruised for the gamecube b/c it was a "used" copy. wtf? every game that is traded in is considered "used." i didn't understand what the manager said, but didn't want to argue. ah well, i'll just try again another day :)[/quote]

mine did the same thing a couple weeks ago with go go hypergrind...pissed me off....the bastard looked at it and said, "i cant take this", i was like, "why not, its in perfect condition"....he then said, "we don't buy used games"...i was like, "huh...that doesnt make any sense...you've bought used games from me before in the past, and you're accepting other used games from me right now"...he then said, "sorry, we dont buy or sell used games"...so i sat there for a minute thinking to myself...all a while the bastard is buying other used games from me...i went to the used games section and grabbed a game w/ the sticker "used" on it and said, "explain this"...thats when some fat girl jumped in and said, "i think i know what hes talking about"...she then went on to explain something that had nothing to do with buying or selling used games...(she works there)...after 20 minutes of talking about it...the guy finally said that he wouldnt buy or sell that particular game because he felt that i wasn't the only one who played that game (i did buy it from eb and it was used, but in top notch condition with no noticable used marks...not even if i were to have been the one to use it...and before you say something about the stickers, i "goo-goned" them off)....of course i then did the right thing and lied to him and said, "i am the only one whos played that game, and i only played it once"....he said, "sorry, i cant take it"...so i just told him that id be coming back tomorrow to trade it in when hes not around....i know, im an ass...but all he said was, "okay"...so i brought it in a couple days later and he was there...traded it in and he didn't say a word....hmm....whos all still reading this???

[quote name='Mishimaryu']do they give cash? I just called my local one they said they give both cash on credit whats the deal on it?[/quote]

the one near me will give you 75% of whatever the trade-in value is in cash...while another one near me, but further, wont give you cash...either way, if you're into anything that fye sells (such as videogames, cds, dvds), its not really worth it to take the cash....just buy something that makes sense...use your credit on something there only if its cheaper then anywhere else or if you can't find it anywhere else (which is the case a lot of times with me)

^^ (for all our sakes, I won't quote you :D )

But how in the world does he know that it's been "used"? Doesn't that scare you at least a little?

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']just be careful if you do multiples or trade alot into FYE, the managers may very well BAN you from FYE if your not careful.[/quote]

I think FYE is 'investigating' me or something because I've traded in tons of games last week for several hundred dollars and NONE of them ever made it onto the floor.

Yesterday, I traded 2 games in and they were on the used games shelf a few hours ago (and I know they were mine because they still had my trademark on the case, which is something I put on most of my games in case they get stolen and I see them in some pawn shop)

I used to shy away from FYE since their prices were so high but their recent (and future) rebates on DVDs and games create some really good opportunities.

I'm wondering how much FYE gives for this stuff...

The Fairly OddParents!: Breakin' Da Rules Game Credit 14.99 (GBA)
Spider-Man Game Credit 14.99 (GBA)
The Fairly OddParents!: Breakin' Da Rules Game Credit 14.99 (GCN)
The Fairly OddParents!: Breakin' Da Rules Game Credit 14.99 (XBOX)
The Fairly OddParents!: Breakin' Da Rules Game Credit 14.99 (PS2)
Smashing Drive Game Credit 19.00 (XBOX)
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines Game Credit 14.99 (PS2)
NHL Hitz 20-02 Game Credit 14.99 (XBOX)
NHL Hitz Pro Game Credit 14.00 (PS2)
NHL 2K3 Game Credit 14.99 (PS2)

These are the Wherehouse.coms trade in prices. I'm not sure if they cross over. Are the trade in prices on Wherehouse.com the same as in store? If they I'll be picking up copies of Smashing Drive for the xbox.

[quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='doraemonkerpal']i went to trade in some games at fye today and they wouldn't accept my clone wars/tetris (even though it had a upc), and my black & bruised for the gamecube b/c it was a "used" copy. wtf? every game that is traded in is considered "used." i didn't understand what the manager said, but didn't want to argue. ah well, i'll just try again another day :)[/quote]

mine did the same thing a couple weeks ago with go go hypergrind...pissed me off....the bastard looked at it and said, "i cant take this", i was like, "why not, its in perfect condition"....he then said, "we don't buy used games"...i was like, "huh...that doesnt make any sense...you've bought used games from me before in the past, and you're accepting other used games from me right now"...he then said, "sorry, we dont buy or sell used games"...so i sat there for a minute thinking to myself...all a while the bastard is buying other used games from me...i went to the used games section and grabbed a game w/ the sticker "used" on it and said, "explain this"...thats when some fat girl jumped in and said, "i think i know what hes talking about"...she then went on to explain something that had nothing to do with buying or selling used games...(she works there)...after 20 minutes of talking about it...the guy finally said that he wouldnt buy or sell that particular game because he felt that i wasn't the only one who played that game (i did buy it from eb and it was used, but in top notch condition with no noticable used marks...not even if i were to have been the one to use it...and before you say something about the stickers, i "goo-goned" them off)....of course i then did the right thing and lied to him and said, "i am the only one whos played that game, and i only played it once"....he said, "sorry, i cant take it"...so i just told him that id be coming back tomorrow to trade it in when hes not around....i know, im an ass...but all he said was, "okay"...so i brought it in a couple days later and he was there...traded it in and he didn't say a word....hmm....whos all still reading this???[/quote]after 20 min, i would just spit on him take my games back and then go next door to GS. Stoopid FYE people :whistle2:/

anyone know the trade in price for Syberia (have an extra copy, some dude backed out of a deal ;_;)

FYE trade-in prices are way too screwy to predict. How can a game like Skies of Arcadia Legends get less than Black & Bruised?

[quote name='Gosha']I'm also wondering about Top Gun Combat Zones for the cube. Its 40 bucks on the site.[/quote]

It was somewhere around 8.50 but I didn't get the game scanned, just asked for a price. For all I know the girl behind the register was giving me the ps2 Top Gun's Value.

And I think I'd better avoid one certain FYE in general for a little while. The manager told me today I can only trade in 3 of the 9 games I've brought in. I must have hit traded in $1,000 worth of games or something and set off some red flags in the computer. Sucks too because that store gave me cash instead of credit.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence'][quote name='Gosha']I'm also wondering about Top Gun Combat Zones for the cube. Its 40 bucks on the site.[/quote]

It was somewhere around 8.50 but I didn't get the game scanned, just asked for a price. For all I know the girl behind the register was giving me the ps2 Top Gun's Value.

And I think I'd better avoid one certain FYE in general for a little while. The manager told me today I can only trade in 3 of the 9 games I've brought in. I must have hit traded in $1,000 worth of games or something and set off some red flags in the computer. Sucks too because that store gave me cash instead of credit.[/quote]

It could be that the ones that give cash will only accept 1 of a particular title. That could be the reason? My FYE does the same thing, they won't accept a game if they already have it in their inventory.

be careful strider, if the manager thats investigating you bans you, theyll prolly have fyes ban you all over. Thats what the one out by me did.

they said it was because i was trading in multiple copies of games and i traded in one without a book (i didnt even look in go go hypergrind, it had a white sleve thing in front and i thought the book was behind it, i just checked the condition of the disc that was all.)

the manager said i could be looked into theft or something even tho i have every receipt of everything i ever bought.

i hate how they kicked me in the face because there too stupid to realize they take multiples.

So you traded in the same game more than once over time or at one time? Everytime I used to try to trade in 2 copies of the same game at once they'd never accept it so I'd just trade 1 in now and go back later to get rid of the other one.

If some FYE manager wants to look into theft charges that's fine by me. I have enough reciepts showing that I bought games cheap and sold it to them for profit.

[quote name='bradr'][quote name='Strider Turbulence'][quote name='Gosha']I'm also wondering about Top Gun Combat Zones for the cube. Its 40 bucks on the site.[/quote]

And I think I'd better avoid one certain FYE in general for a little while. The manager told me today I can only trade in 3 of the 9 games I've brought in. I must have hit traded in $1,000 worth of games or something and set off some red flags in the computer. Sucks too because that store gave me cash instead of credit.[/quote]

It could be that the ones that give cash will only accept 1 of a particular title. That could be the reason? My FYE does the same thing, they won't accept a game if they already have it in their inventory.[/quote]

I think it just depends on whoever is working the register at the time. Some of them won't take a certain game if they have 1 or 3 copies, but the person working the next day will and others still won't even bother to 'pre-scan' the game to see how many they have in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back