2004 FYE Trade-In Prices - LIST HERE (Farewell!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have $77 credit right now and im going to fye today to trade in splashdown xbox ($24), sw/tetris ($26) and motor trend lotus challenge ($27)........................for another $77

As far as I know all copies of the Star Wars/Tetris Worlds have that 'Not for resale' tag on it. You'll probably run into some trouble when trading it in so be sure to ask if they could scan it to see if it appears in their system (and it will). The problem is...some SW/TW don't have a UPC.

HOLY SHIT GUYS

i have 4 star wars tetris combos which i paid a penny each for at circuit city

if i trade them in at 26.50 each thats 2 new games for 4 cents!! that has to be a cheapass record!!

EDIT

where do you trade stuff in at FYE do they have a seperate counter now or something. or do you just take your stuff to the check out? (i dont go to FYE im more of a best buy guy)

I think it depends on the size of the store. I go to three different FYE stores and two (regular size stores) of them take trade ins at the register. The third one is a large store that has like 7 floors and they do all their trade ins on the 5th floor.

Well actually it's five floors for customers, each with a different theme (rap, rock, videogames, dvds, country music, etc). Floors six and seven is where they stock their excess inventory, and they have lots of it.

i've read the last couple pages of this thread, and it sounds like except for the odd great deal you can generally get more at gamecrazy for your trade-ins. just a thought.

remember that trade in prices change daily, and they are also YMMV(one FYE might give $27 for lotus challenge, whereas mine gives $8)

if you want to check the current values, just go to www.thewherehouse.com or www.fye.com and they have a search engine for checking the trade in values of games and cds.

[quote name='dracula']remember that trade in prices change daily, and they are also YMMV(one FYE might give $27 for lotus challenge, whereas mine gives $8)

if you want to check the current values, just go to www.thewherehouse.com or www.fye.com and they have a search engine for checking the trade in values of games and cds.[/quote]

interesting...how would I check the trade in prices at FYE.COM?

[quote name='trustcompany1013']splashdown xbox ($24)
motor trend lotus challenge ($27)[/quote]which store have them PO?

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']As far as I know all copies of the Star Wars/Tetris Worlds have that 'Not for resale' tag on it. You'll probably run into some trouble when trading it in so be sure to ask if they could scan it to see if it appears in their system (and it will). The problem is...some SW/TW don't have a UPC.[/quote]

Thanks . My EB has a few copies left . B2G1F will make it even better I'll try tomorrow :D

As far as checking trade in values, wherehouse.com no longer reliable source, since their trade in values dropped 65%.

P.S. If you trade with wherehouse.com Disgaea no longer available (even if you add it to your cart they will cancel your order )

[quote name='Mishimaryu'][quote name='dracula']remember that trade in prices change daily, and they are also YMMV(one FYE might give $27 for lotus challenge, whereas mine gives $8)

if you want to check the current values, just go to www.thewherehouse.com or www.fye.com and they have a search engine for checking the trade in values of games and cds.[/quote]

interesting...how would I check the trade in prices at FYE.COM?[/quote]

go to www.thewherehouse.com

where it says "we want your used cds, dvds, and games!" enter the one you want to trade in and check its value. Again, this may only apply to thewherehouse(it is an affiliate of fye, strawberries, coconuts) and again, the trade in prices seem to very on location(your FYE might give $15 for robin hood xbx, mine might only give $9) so YMMV

All we need now is a list with ALL these games and their prices on ONE page. No one wants to search through 16 pages to find how much they would get for certain games. Whomever started this thread, can you make a list of all the games and prices (preferably on the first page)? It would help a lot!

Look at my very first post on the first page, that's where I compiled a list of the of all the prices we got.

And these are $10 now at Best Buy, might be worth seeing if some of these command a $20 something value at FYE.

NCAA Gamebraker 2004
NCAA Final Four 2004
NBA Shootout 2004
Madden 2004 (Gamecube)
NHL 2004 (Gamecube)

XBOX
ESPN NHL 2004
ESPN NBA 2004
ESPN College Basketball 2004

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I just can't believe that I can't find a Star Wars/TW game that has a UPC bar on it. Besides mine, which I want to keep but....[/quote]

do game stores take games that don't have UPC bars on it?

EB and Gamestop will take them since they probably just look them up in the computer and when they resell them, they have their own UPC on the box anyway.

They can do the same thing at FYE I suppose but the 'Not for Resale' tag can hurt your chances depending on the employee doing the transaction.

When I traded my sw/tetris in they said that they could only give me store credit for it because of the "not for resale".
But it is still 26 bucks for a penny.

Why?!?!?! Everyone gets 26$ for their Star Wars/Tetris and the manager was there and said I couldnt trade it in.. Oh well Imma go back tommorow.

Montebello, CA FYE
24$ ESPN NBA
27$ Pro Race Driver
11$ Star Wars KOTOR

FYE has the lowest price on the new 2-disc Predator dvd that came out today. $14.99 if anyone is interested. It also comes with a free ticket to AvP.

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']Why?!?!?! Everyone gets 26$ for their Star Wars/Tetris and the manager was there and said I couldnt trade it in.. Oh well Imma go back tommorow.

Montebello, CA FYE
24$ ESPN NBA
27$ Pro Race Driver
11$ Star Wars KOTOR[/quote]

I just traded 2 Star Wars/Tetris (has to have a barcode) for 26 X 2

BestBuy has ESPN NBA 2004 (Xbox) for $9 minus $5 cupon from their Magazine ( $5 off any Live soft or starter kit (page 47)) , $5 total. Move them before 2005 comes out. :D

EB Games deal B2G1F + FYE trade ins = :grouphug:

[quote name='masha'][quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']Why?!?!?! Everyone gets 26$ for their Star Wars/Tetris and the manager was there and said I couldnt trade it in.. Oh well Imma go back tommorow.

Montebello, CA FYE
24$ ESPN NBA
27$ Pro Race Driver
11$ Star Wars KOTOR[/quote]

I just traded 2 Star Wars/Tetris (has to have a barcode) for 26 X 2

BestBuy has ESPN NBA 2004 (Xbox) for $9 minus $5 cupon from their Magazine ( $5 off any Live soft or starter kit (page 47)) , $5 total. Move then before 2005 comes out. :D

EB Games deal B2G1F + FYE trade ins = :grouphug:[/quote]

Heh, the employess at my local EB are starting to ask too many questions, like why do I keep buying Culdcept, Pro Race Driver, Go Go Hypergrind and Black and Bruised.

I just tell them "ATLUS rules!" and grab another Go Go Hypergrind :wink: I can't buy all of them , there is so many I traded in , the girls at Fye will shoot me next time I bring Go Go Hypergrind.

We can add:

Yu-Gi-Oh : The duelist of Roses $12.50 (went to CC saw in a bin today 4.99)

ESPN NFL is on sale this week at FYE with $5 MIR rebate.

This week kicked ass for FYE Trade in.

Buy two get one free at ebgames and now TRU!!

Pro Race Driver (XBOX) and Sega Soccer Slam (GC) are $10. Turning $20 into $51 is not bad at all.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']This week kicked ass for FYE Trade in.

Pro Race Driver (XBOX) and Sega Soccer Slam (GC) are $10. Turning $20 into $51 is not bad at all.[/quote]

If you can find Hypergrind at TRU it will ring $10

Is the Fye trade in store only? Or can I mail it to them?

I can't find anything on the website and I don't have a Fye in the bay area.

Thanks

[quote name='Smell']question bout this
can u take cash
or do u have to take store credit[/quote]

Depends on a store .Some do credit only, some do both YMMV.

[quote name='shawagg']Is the Fye trade in store only? Or can I mail it to them?

I can't find anything on the website and I don't have a Fye in the bay area.

Thanks[/quote]

Look here:
http://www.twec.com/corpsite/stores/

Showdown Legends of Wrestling Xbox - 25
Tetris/Clone Wars Promo Disk - 26

Funny how the game I bought for a penny is worth more than one of the few games I bought for $50

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']This week kicked ass for FYE Trade in.

Pro Race Driver (XBOX) and Sega Soccer Slam (GC) are $10. Turning $20 into $51 is not bad at all.[/quote]

sweet now only if I can find these games.

Yeah.

I traded Pro Race Driver (XBOX) in today for $27 credit. I bought the game 10 minutes earlier at TRU for $10. I wonder if they'll take doubles ...

The guy at the counter, I sort of know because of how many times I've done trade-ins at FYE, replied "And you bought the game for $20?" after he told me the trade-in credit was $27. BTW, the plastic wrap was still on, and the TRU sticker said $19.99. Anyways, I just grinned and said "Actually, $10."

Heh heh.

[quote name='snipegod']Yeah.

I traded Pro Race Driver (XBOX) in today for $27 credit. I bought the game 10 minutes earlier at TRU for $10. I wonder if they'll take doubles ...

The guy at the counter, I sort of know because of how many times I've done trade-ins at FYE, replied "And you bought the game for $20?" after he told me the trade-in credit was $27. BTW, the plastic wrap was still on, and the TRU sticker said $19.99. Anyways, I just grinned and said "Actually, $10."

Heh heh.[/quote]

Well, They take tripples too. 7 copies of Go Go Hypergrind and 4 Tetris/Wars ended up in mine so far . But I never trade 2 at the time and Never tell them the real price I bought it for .

[quote name='bruceleeah']wat fye do u go to strider turbulence[/quote]

I go to three different ones.

Strawberries in Dedham
Strawberries near Downtown Crossing
&
Record Town which is in Coply Mall (Back Bay)

Strawberries downtown gives out $cash$ for games, which is why I love going there. The other two stores only give out store credit.

[quote name='bruceleeah']i went to fye at the burlington mall and it took black and bruised for $6 and wouldn't take fighter maker 2 and the SW/T combo[/quote]

That Black and Bruised you tried to trade was on ps2 or Gamecube? 'cuz $6 sounds like something they'd charge for the ps2 version.

And I have to second what masha said, never tell them how much you paid for some of these games. If they have to know why you are always trading in so many of the same game, just say some crap like you buy games in lots from ebay or flea markets and this includes getting games you don't want or already have.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence'][quote name='bruceleeah']i went to fye at the burlington mall and it took black and bruised for $6 and wouldn't take fighter maker 2 and the SW/T combo[/quote]

That Black and Bruised you tried to trade was on ps2 or Gamecube? 'cuz $6 sounds like something they'd charge for the ps2 version.
[/quote]

it was the GC version but i didnt sell it yet so ill have to check other locations

[quote name='"Strider Turbulence"'][quote name='bruceleeah']
And I have to second what masha said, never tell them how much you paid for some of these games. If they have to know why you are always trading in so many of the same game, just say some crap like you buy games in lots from ebay or flea markets and this includes getting games you don't want or already have.[/quote]

I was never asked how much I paid for a game, it depends on who are you working with..yep.I use flea market , pawn shops, garage sales other :bs:

I only have one store. I can't move stuff around. So far , so good. Girls are EXTREMLY nice an helpful and I try to help them too. YMMV

:(

now i have to find those games around here, gamespots store indicator thing on their site says there arent any copies of hypergrind or balck and bruised around here...

[quote name='bruceleeah'][quote name='Strider Turbulence'][quote name='bruceleeah']i went to fye at the burlington mall and it took black and bruised for $6 and wouldn't take fighter maker 2 and the SW/T combo[/quote]

[/quote]

it was the GC version but i didnt sell it yet so ill have to check other locations[/quote]

I wonder why it only rung up at $6 though? Yeah, if you can get out there try out the Record Town in Copley or Strawberries downtown, they rung up $27 all this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back