2004 FYE Trade-In Prices - LIST HERE (Farewell!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Strider Turbulence'][quote name='bruceleeah'][quote name='Strider Turbulence'][quote name='bruceleeah']i went to fye at the burlington mall and it took black and bruised for $6 and wouldn't take fighter maker 2 and the SW/T combo[/quote]

That Black and Bruised you tried to trade was on ps2 or Gamecube? 'cuz $6 sounds like something they'd charge for the ps2 version.
[/quote]

it was the GC version but i didnt sell it yet so ill have to check other locations[/quote]

I wonder why it only rung up at $6 though? Yeah, if you can get out there try out the Record Town in Copley or Strawberries downtown, they rung up $27 all this week.[/quote]

would i need a license to trade in games because i went to a strawberries in everett and they asked for a license

Now all we need is a gamecrazy list.

Awhile back they were giving AWESOME trade in value for $5 games from CC, as well as good value on games in general. Me and Mafia took advantage of the Target clearance rack and scored big.

My biggest steal was (if they still give this much, this was a month ago) was getting Metal Dungeon for $10 and getting $24!!!!!!! in trade in credit.

Back on topic, what does FYE give for Motor Trend Lotus Challenge for the XBox? I've seen plenty of copies for $8.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']

Back on topic, what does FYE give for Motor Trend Lotus Challenge for the XBox? I've seen plenty of copies for $8.[/quote]

$27
Where have you seen them ?

hey strider.... Sega Soccer Slam still fetching $24.00?

Yep, I traded a couple of those in yesterday for that price.

would i need a license to trade in games because i went to a strawberries in everett and they asked for a license

You can use a state ID if you don't have a license, I use those all the time.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='Monsta Mack']

Back on topic, what does FYE give for Motor Trend Lotus Challenge for the XBox? I've seen plenty of copies for $8.[/quote]

$27
Where have you seen them ?[/quote]

Try ebgames.com...that's where I purchased 4 for around $30 and got $108 in FYE/Coconuts store credit.

[quote name='PrinceNeil'][quote name='masha'][quote name='Monsta Mack']

$27
Where have you seen them ?[/quote]

Try ebgames.com...that's where I purchased 4 for around $30 and got $108 in FYE/Coconuts store credit.[/quote]

ok Thx . I traded one from CC, never looked at ebgames . Well I thin I'll stick With Tetris / Starwars and Hypergrind $9 can't beat! :D

Well my Fye said no more Tetris/ star wars copies :D I was ready for this 5 copies ago . I have 1 copy left mint condition with bar codes. If anyone wants to get one and can't find a copy in a store near you please PM me with a trade list. Just a reminder it fetches $27 at (FYE)
Thx.

I can confirm still good on XB ESPN NHL for 17. Also got 17 for PS2 KOF00/01, and 6 for Beach Spikers. Put it down towards a Fable pre-order.

[quote name='Gojtron']I can confirm still good on XB ESPN NHL for 17. Also got 17 for PS2 KOF00/01, and 6 for Beach Spikers. Put it down towards a Fable pre-order.[/quote]

What is KOF00/01?

[quote name='moe11888'][quote name='Gojtron']I can confirm still good on XB ESPN NHL for 17. Also got 17 for PS2 KOF00/01, and 6 for Beach Spikers. Put it down towards a Fable pre-order.[/quote]

What is KOF00/01?[/quote]

Never mind. Just did a quick google search and its King of Fighters 2000 and 2001.

[quote name='marcos']is Pro Race driver really $27 ???[/quote]

yeah, i traded it in a few weeks ago for that sweet $27.

Pro Race Driver for Xbox is $27.. for PS2 it's $6.50. One strange thing.. at my FYE, scanning the barcode on PRD turned up nothing. Cashier had to manually look it up to get the price.

when you buy a pre owned game from eb or anywhere else do you peel off those atrocious stickers from the game cover and manual? I mean it would look silly to trade in a game with a lower price and get more in store credit. If so what's the best way to take off those stickers without ruining the manual or cover?

[quote name='GundamFan']when you buy a pre owned game from eb or anywhere else do you peel off those atrocious stickers from the game cover and manual? I mean it would look silly to trade in a game with a lower price and get more in store credit. If so what's the best way to take off those stickers without ruining the manual or cover?[/quote]

I do peel them off. I use Goof off.

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp81953_333181_sespider/goof_off/the_ultimate_remover.htm

Take the manuals and cover out .

[quote name='GundamFan']when you buy a pre owned game from eb or anywhere else do you peel off those atrocious stickers from the game cover and manual? I mean it would look silly to trade in a game with a lower price and get more in store credit. If so what's the best way to take off those stickers without ruining the manual or cover?[/quote]

Letting the labels soak in lighter fluid or windex does the job.

This FYE thing is the best thing to happen in a long time! My friend and I went to EB Games and GameStop and then went back to FYE and made some CRAZY money............ the CheapAss way!!!

Add these to the list as well:

Skygunner (PS2) - $8.50
Bombastic (PS2) - $7.50 [$4.96 at Circuit City]
NCAA Final Four 2001 (PS2) - $1.00

Also, if FYE refuses to take a game (for whatever reason) just go to Saturday Night Matinee and get the exact same amount of store credit that you would get at FYE. Or go to Coconuts and get the exact same amount of credit in CASH!
FYE, Saturday Night Matinee, and Coconuts are all affiliated with each other. Lucky for me FYE and Saturday Night Matinee are near each other in the mall, and Coconuts is across the street from the mall. :wink:

As long as we don't tell the people who work at FYE, then we can be making money like this for a long time!

Strider Turbulence, we're all counting on you to get the list updated on the first page!! Where have you been!?

[quote name='Devin']
Strider Turbulence, we're all counting on you to get the list updated on the first page!! Where have you been!?[/quote]

[whines] It's this school place and all this work they want me to do! I have some free time now so I'll update the list.

Road Kill for GC is still $24... after I traded it in I was checking the sales display where they have budget games sealed in blister packs for $19.99 or less. Guess what I find as a generic title for $14.99 - Road Kill for GC! :)

Now I love FYE and their trade-ins as much as anyone but how are these guys still in business?

They had Klona on GBA for like $15 in those Generic plastics and someone said they take it for about $20 credit.

I bought one of those $15 Roadkill, traded it and the value was $18. I'm starting to think the manager subtracted value from the total.

all for xbox:

$8.50 - Medal Of Honor: Frontline
$11.00 - Medal Of Honor: Rising Sun
$6.00 - Sphinx And The Cursed Mummy
$7.50 - I-Ninja
$8.50 - Dead Or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball
$7.50 - Counter-Strike
$7.50 - Return To Castle Wolfenstein: Tides Of War
$6.00 - Brute Force

Can i sell mulitple copies to my FYE? Do their computers keep a record of what i trade in becasue i shop there often and the manager, who does the trade-ins, knows that i trade in games often there. :lol:

I just called the FYE here and they said it's still $27 for PRD, and I could swear I saw plenty of them at the local TRU so I'm going to head back there.

Anyone have problems either trading in multiple copies or unopened copies? Should I open the games before I trade them in? Should I trade them in one at a time? (or maybe they will have Motor Trend Lotus challenge or whatever too and I can just get that).

\/\/\/\/\/

EDIT: never mind, I found that my TRU has been picked clean, and the Lotus Challenge game was still $25 even with the sale (50% off $49.99).

They're not supposed to take multiple copies of a game but some clerks are pretty clueless so it's YMMV.

Also, open the games beforehand. Doesn't matter if they take them or not (although a lot of places figure you shoplifted them if new and refuse) but if you take a minute to open them it helps out fellow CAGers. If FYE's start getting a ton of sealed games as trade-ins, eventually they'll catch on and start closing the loopholes.

Aww man.. someone traded in DOA Xtreme beach volleyball??

Anyway... as of Friday August 27.

Pro Race Driver (Xbox): $27
Simpsons Hit and Run (GC): $17
XGRA (Xbox): $7.50
ESPN NHL 2004 (Xbox): $17.00

They did not take Tetris/Clone Wars.
BTW: They did take two copies of my XGRA

I love this thread!

Mad Dash Racing (Xbox) - $7.50 [$4.99 at Big K-Mart]
Tomb Raider: Angel Of Darkness (PS2) - $11.00 [!!!!!]
Portal Runner (PS2) - $7.00
Chase: Hollywood Stunt Driver (Xbox) - $6.00
SSX3 (PS2) - $7.50
No One Lives Forever (PS2) - $7.50

I can confirm on Saturday, Aug 28th these are still valid:

Pro Race Driver (XBOX): $27
ESPN NHL 2004 (XBOX): $17

I also tried to trade in a Sega Soccer Slam for GC I bought at the TRU sale and had to deal with the biggest piece-of-shit manager I've met in retail. I still had the wrapping on it in case the value had dropped and I needed to return it to TRU. I failed to notice an extra bar code sticker on the shrinkwrap over the normal UPC barcode. When the bar code couldn't be found in their system, the employee called over Mr. fuckface. The game didn't come up in their system and the manager told me I couldn't trade it in since it couldn't be found. Realizing the problem, I offered to take off the other sticker to try to scan the one underneath, he told me some shit that I had "bought the game under some other promotion, and so it wouldn't scan in the system and couldn't be traded." I asked why the fuck it mattered what "promotion" I had bought it under and again tried to explain why it would help if I removed the extra barcode and got the same lame response, slightly more irritated. My friend and I looked at each other in disbelief at this guy's smugness and stupidity. I looked him square in the eye and asked if I walked out of the store, took off the barcode, and walked back in and we started over if they could try to scan it. He replied "Wow! That won't do anything, you can't trade it in." If the motherfucker had been standing closer to me, I would have popped him in the fucking mouth at this point I was so pissed off by his teenager response (this guy was in his 40's with greying hair). Instead I just said "What an asshole" and traded in the other two games with the other employee. What a shitty experience.

Moral of the story? Make sure you remove anything extra on the package so you don't have to deal with fucktards like I did.

ill be checking prices tomorrow For

Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance (xbox)
KOTOR (xbox)
Sphinx (xbox) probably be six
Tony Hawk 4 (ps2)
WWE crush hour (ps2)

Be careful that you DON'T remove the barcode that's stuck over the UPC on Pro Race Driver for XBOX. All the copies I've had had this barcode over it (on top of the case itself). I think they printed the wrong barcode or something and had to stick the right one on it. If you take the stuck on one off, FYE will never find it in their system.

Be careful that you DON'T remove the barcode that's stuck over the UPC on Pro Race Driver for XBOX. All the copies I've had had this barcode over it (on top of the case itself). I think they printed the wrong barcode or something and had to stick the right one on it. If you take the stuck on one off, FYE will never find it in their system.

Sound advice, I didn't even notice that my Pro Race Driver had an extra barcode. But again, fair warning on Sega Soccer Slam!

[quote name='bradr']Be careful that you DON'T remove the barcode that's stuck over the UPC on Pro Race Driver for XBOX. All the copies I've had had this barcode over it (on top of the case itself). I think they printed the wrong barcode or something and had to stick the right one on it. If you take the stuck on one off, FYE will never find it in their system.[/quote]

I never noticed an extra barcode on it. Most of the PRD I've got were preowned with EB stickers and I always used to just peel them off. Oh well, I've found a store just down the street from FYE with a few copies of PRD for $9. Street Fighter Anniversary Collection is mine on Friday. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Hmmm. I got lucky with my copies (4 of them for $5 ea. at the CC sale). All of them had this extra barcode strip over the original UPC. I checked underneath and the numbers were different. I wonder if both UPCs would have rung up as PRD at FYE?

Secret Vampire - My post was just in general, not really aimed at you. It didn't seem that you took offense to it but if you did, I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to be critical or anything.

ahhh dumb guy was like ooooh these games are 2 scratched up

i did manage to sell Kotor and Sphinx

KOTOR = 7.50
Sphinx remains at 6

Secret Vampire - My post was just in general, not really aimed at you. It didn't seem that you took offense to it but if you did, I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to be critical or anything.

No offense taken at all, I was just thanking you for pointing out a useful piece of info! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back