2004 FYE Trade-In Prices - LIST HERE (Farewell!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ksuwild25']I went to FYE with 2 copies of Pro Race Driver, both were xbox, and one got a trade-in credit of $27 and the other one was $5. The guy told me that some games sometimes will change production, or something like that, after a week(s) or so which is why the prices were different.[/quote]

That wasn't both copies on the same trip, right?

Ok People. Trade in values for some games have changed!!!

Go! Go! Hypergrind (GC) around $6
Black and Bruised (GC) around $6

Please check in store.

But I traded in today:

Soccer Slam (GC) $24
Haunted Mansion (PS2) $17
Activision Antology (PS2) $8
Egg Mania (Xbox) $ 18

Got Fable for $49.99 -$10 rebate = $39.99 :D ( It cost me only $ 8 )

I'm glad I didn't go out and buy Go Go Hypergrind since I had thought about it. I guess that explains why it now sells for $14.99 used.

Last week I noticed the $43.99 on a used copy someone else traded in (this was before I ever traded in games) was crossed out and had a $14.99 price, I posted about it last week but I wasn't sure if the trade in value dropped since I didn't try to trade it in.

[quote name='GundamFan']shaq-fu! I just ordered Black and Bruised from EB Games! Damnit I gotta return them.[/quote]

If it hasn't shipped you should be able to still cancel the order I think.

I traded in the Tetris/SW combo for $26 on Sat. Disney's Party for GBA was $12. Spyro for GC was $7.50.

As for the Pro Race Driver (XB). I had mentioned earlier about the stickered UPC they have put over some versions. It's possible that some print runs were printed with the wrong UPC so that could be why they rang up at $5 or so. Unfortunately, I don't have any more copies of PRD so I can't get the UPC but if anyone does ...

On the other hand, if your copy had the wrong UPC printed on it and the alternate stickered UPC has been removed already, you're pretty much SOL.

Damn...Hypergrind and Black & Bruised down to $6!

I'm getting rid of Pro Race Driver later today, hopefully it still has the $27

Motor Trend Lotus Challenge is still $27 as of Friday.

[quote name='masha']Ok People. Trade in values for some games have changed!!!

Go! Go! Hypergrind (GC) around $6
Black and Bruised (GC) around $6[/quote]

This may be a YMMV thing. After all, Smell claimed that Pro Race Driver (Xbox) was only $5.00 trade-in credit, and at our local FYEs its still $27.00 trade-in credit. As far as I'm concerned, Go-Go Hypergrind will still get you $26.00 in store credit, but I'm going to FYE on Friday, so I'll let you know by then...

(cross your fingers)

That sounded like a UPC issue though. Like I mentioned, Go Go Hypergrind was marked down to $14.99 used from $43.99 used which would make sense if the trade in value did indeed drop. I hope you are right though and the trade in value still is $26.

Blah ...

My trades tonight:

Fallout: BoS PS2 only fetches $7.50 (didn't trade it in).
NHL Hitz Pro XB $17
NFL Blitz Pro XB $17

The clerk looked real hard at the Blitz and the Hitz. I think he was going to call me on trading in multiples of the same title but then noticed that they were different.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Like I mentioned, Go Go Hypergrind was marked down to $14.99 used from $43.99 used which would make sense if the trade in value did indeed drop.[/quote]

This kinda reminds me of a different game at FYE. Klonoa: Empire of Dreams (GBA) will get you $20.50 in store credit at FYE, but FYE sells the game NEW for only $14.99!

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I hope you are right though and the trade in value still is $26.[/quote]

You and me both!

I traded in PRD for xbox yesterday for $27!!!!

Looks like the value will drop soon. I hope it can wait a week because my Gamestop has like 10 copies and I wanna pilfer a couple more of those.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I traded in PRD for xbox yesterday for $27!!!!

Looks like the value will drop soon. I hope it can wait a week because my Gamestop has like 10 copies and I wanna pilfer a couple more of those.[/quote]

If they marked them down an didn't change trade in values you can buy it at FYE and trade them to FYE at the same time. You don't need a Gamestop :D

[quote name='masha'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']I traded in PRD for xbox yesterday for $27!!!!

Looks like the value will drop soon. I hope it can wait a week because my Gamestop has like 10 copies and I wanna pilfer a couple more of those.[/quote]

If they marked them down an didn't change trade in values you can buy it at FYE and trade them to FYE at the same time. You don't need a Gamestop :D[/quote]

I actually tried to do that yesterday but PRD was marked and rung up at $44.99. The funny part was one of the employees jokingly told me XBOX PRD is for people to trade in, not buy! :)

[quote name='bruceleeah']strider, do you think record town at copley or strawberries near downtown crossing take sw/t combo wit no bar code[/quote]

I tried once at each store a couple of months ago but they wouldn't take it. If your in the area it's still a worth a shot. Tell them to look it up in their system because you seen someone trade it in before.

Strawberries near Downton Crossing gives cash and are usually more picky and strict about trade ins than Record Town.

Haunted Mansion for Xbox got me $15, I was expecting $17 but was still happy to get the $15. I looked and saw all of my games I traded in on Saturday on the shelf. It was funny to see Blitz Pro for $34 used, no one will ever pay that. Soccer Slam was marked $29.99, kind of surprisng since they are only selling it for $6 more than what they paid me.

[quote name='Devin']LOL. We're gonna put FYE out of business, aren't we? :p[/quote]

WE are so powerful WE can do that! :D

[quote name='masha']Ok People. Trade in values for some games have changed!!!

Go! Go! Hypergrind (GC) around $6[/quote]

As of yesterday, September 24 2004, Go! Go! Hypergrind (GC) still has a trade-in value of $26.00! :D

StriderTurbulence, can you add these to the list also?:

Roadkill (GC) - $24.00 ($18.00 at some FYEs)
Activision Anthology (PS2) - $8.00
Haunted Mansion (PS2) - $17.00
NFL 2K3 (PS2) - $2.00
X-Files: Resist or Serve (PS2) - $11.00
Dark Summit (Xbox) - $6.00
Street Hoops (Xbox) - $8.50

Thanks!

[quote name='Devin'][quote name='masha']Ok People. Trade in values for some games have changed!!!

Go! Go! Hypergrind (GC) around $6[/quote]

As of yesterday, September 24 2004, Go! Go! Hypergrind (GC) still has a trade-in value of $26.00! :D

[/quote] :shock:

about my post for pro race driver that was my friend Jimmy he was being stupid.

anyway i did get 5 dollars credit for pro race driver but the manager guy couldnt find it in the computer. so im thinking he just made up a random price to give to me

I hope that's true, cuz I plan on trading that in tommorow. So is Black and Bruised confirmed to only be like 6$ trade in, if so..... then I think I'm gonna return that instore at EBGames tommorow.

Here is what I got on 9-24-04
XB Pro Race Driver - 27.00
XB Haunted Mansion - 15.00
PS2 Red Dead Revolver - 25.00
Total: 67.00

Kickass... Here's what I'm trading in tommorow....

Red Dead Revolver
Disaster Report
Culdcept
Roadtrip
Maximum Chase
Pro Race Driver
Sega Soccer Slam and...
Roadkill

I hope I actually get good prices for all of these.

Oh and another thing... do the GBA games have to be complete? I know the PS2, GC, XBOX ect... ones have to be, but do the GBA ones have to be?

[quote name='CocaineReaver2k']Oh and another thing... do the GBA games have to be complete? I know the PS2, GC, XBOX ect... ones have to be, but do the GBA ones have to be?[/quote]

I don't think so, but I'm guessing no.

At one FYE, I saw cart only GBA games. At another, I saw just complete games so either the store that only had complete games just happened to have the games traded in that way or it depends on the store.

Well the manager just served me. It looked like he really took his job seriously. He separated the games into an acceptable pile and a you got served pile. I sure was pissed when I saw the right one (You got served) fill up with games. Basically, I walked out of the mall with a reserve of GTA SA, 60$ in FYE Credit, and 40$ worth of EBGames store credit, and 2 games left over after 56$ spent on Preplayed EBGames. I'm not too happy, but I made a quick 30$, so I can't complain. Seriously though, am I the only one that this has happened too? I mean, the guy had his super reading glasses on just to check if there was one little fingerprint on the friggin CD. Sheeshe... picky bastard.

[quote name='CocaineReaver2k']Well the manager just served me. It looked like he really took his job seriously. He separated the games into an acceptable pile and a you got served pile. I sure was pissed when I saw the right one (You got served) fill up with games. Basically, I walked out of the mall with a reserve of GTA SA, 60$ in FYE Credit, and 40$ worth of EBGames store credit, and 2 games left over after 56$ spent on Preplayed EBGames. I'm not too happy, but I made a quick 30$, so I can't complain. Seriously though, am I the only one that this has happened too? I mean, the guy had his super reading glasses on just to check if there was one little fingerprint on the friggin CD. Sheeshe... picky bastard.[/quote]

Yes.. at the FYE I went to a few weeks ago.. the guy made me wait 30 minutes and he was pretty picky too! They rejected my KOTOR because of a light scratch that was there because the disc came loose.

If I had gotten my GF to do it, she would have probably been able to trade in all my games with no trouble within 5 minutes...

Took 8 games in yesterday to see how much i would get,here's there values(Tacoma,WA)

1st let me say that these people are EXTREMLY picky & in my case rude. They made it seem like i stole the games.The lady asked me why i was trading them in & i noticed she would look at the game then look back at me in a mean way.

I'VE NEVER SAID THIS ABOUT A COMPANY BUT I ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO ABUSE FYE'S TRADE IN POLICY TO THE FULLEST!!!

Anyways here's the values for my games:

XBOX
Syberia - $7
Espn HOckey 2k4 - $6
Spawn - $7

GC
Star Wars Bounty - $8.50

PS2
Mystic Heroes - $7
Spawn - $7
Arc the Lad Twightlight - $7.50

[quote name='captaincold']

1st let me say that these people are EXTREMLY picky & in my case rude. They made it seem like i stole the games.The lady asked me why i was trading them in & i noticed she would look at the game then look back at me in a mean way.

[/quote]

Were the games sealed?

[quote name='Devin']StriderTurbulence, you forgot to list a whole bunch of games and stuff on the list that are in this thread. Also, there are a few games that I would like to add as well. Can you add these to the list on Page 1:

ESPN NHL 2K4 (PS2) - $17.00

- Devin[/quote]

you sure about this one?

[quote name='joystickz'][quote name='Devin']StriderTurbulence, you forgot to list a whole bunch of games and stuff on the list that are in this thread. Also, there are a few games that I would like to add as well. Can you add these to the list on Page 1:

ESPN NHL 2K4 (PS2) - $17.00

- Devin[/quote]

you sure about this one?[/quote]

According to secretvampire as of September 3rd, ESPN NHL 2K4 (PS2) will get you $17.00 in store credit. The value may have gone down by now, but I doubt it. Call your local FYE, just in case.

According to secretvampire as of September 3rd, ESPN NHL 2K4 (PS2) will get you $17.00 in store credit. The value may have gone down by now, but I doubt it. Call your local FYE, just in case.

Strangely enough, I'll be trading in another one of these today, so I can give you a confirmation later in the afternoon. Along with Go-Go Hypergrind, Pro Race Driver, etc.

[quote name='YoshiFan1'][quote name='captaincold']

[/quote]

Were the games sealed?[/quote]

No, the one's that were sealed i opened.

[quote name='rogue_one']

If I had gotten my GF to do it, she would have probably been able to trade in all my games with no trouble within 5 minutes...[/quote]

always have your girl do it- i swear to jc that it will get you hooked up.

A couple to add...

Crazy Taxi: Catch a Ride (GBA)- $12.50
Batman Dark Tomorrow (Xbox)- $7.50

20 bucks worth of games got me 50 bucks in credit. Picked up Mean Girls, put 5 bucks on GTA and got the rest on a gift card...going to have to keep an eye out for more trade fodder now.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm happy to report that all is well and nothing has changed:

Pro Race Driver (XBOX) - $27
Go-Go Hypergrind (GC) - $26
ESPN Hockey 2K4 (PS2) - $17
Terminator: Rise of the Machines (XBOX) - $7.50(?)
Legends of Wrestling II (XBOX) - $6
Devil May Cry (PS2) - $8.50

I tried trading in PRD to a different FYE store I usually go to but when the guy looked up the price it was $5! I guess the prices can vary wildly from store to store.

BTW: Didja know Motor Trend Lotus Challenge is $3 NEW at EB? :) :) :)

I tried trading in PRD to a different FYE store I usually go to but when the guy looked up the price it was $5! I guess the prices can vary wildly from store to store.

Did your game have the extra barcode sticker on the back of it over the normal barcode? I'm 99% sure that has something to do with it, otherwise all stores use the same computer system.

BTW: Didja know Motor Trend Lotus Challenge is $3 NEW at EB?

Seriously???? I've never seen one that cheap at EB.

so what are the best tradein values for cheapass games going right now...hypergrind and pro race driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back