2004 FYE Trade-In Prices - LIST HERE (Farewell!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black and Bruised on Gamecube might still have it's $27 value and that game is $10 at Eb and $13 at Gamestop.

Star Wars/Tetris World, which is cheap everywhere, still has it's $26 value but the not for resale sticker makes it hard to trade in at certain stores.

And then there is Motor Trend Lotus Challenge, which is $3 new and $9 used at EB. Trades in for $27 at FYE.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Black and Bruised on Gamecube might still have it's $27 value and that game is $10 at Eb and $13 at Gamestop.

Star Wars/Tetris World, which is cheap everywhere, still has it's $26 value but the not for resale sticker makes it hard to trade in at certain stores.

And then there is Motor Trend Lotus Challenge, which is $3 new and $9 used at EB. Trades in for $27 at FYE.[/quote]

You've seen that game for $3 in-store? Doesn't seem to be on ebgames.com right now.

Yeah, yesterday when I asked if they had they any copies of MTLC left, the guy behind the register dug up two new copies for $3 each. He thought I was just going to turn them in towards a pre-order because it's apparently not on EB Exclusion's list.

Probably a stupid question but since the credit slips are pieces of paper, if I have say $70 in credit and want to buy a $50 game, will I get a new credit slip with $20 or is it one of those "it has to be used all at once" kind of things.

I was planning to go today to buy Donkey Konga since FYE.com apparently might not be shipping my pre-order for weeks if at all so I just think I am going to buy it in store instead.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Probably a stupid question but since the credit slips are pieces of paper, if I have say $70 in credit and want to buy a $50 game, will I get a new credit slip with $20 or is it one of those "it has to be used all at once" kind of things.

I was planning to go today to buy Donkey Konga since FYE.com apparently might not be shipping my pre-order for weeks if at all so I just think I am going to buy it in store instead.[/quote]

yes... if you use a $70 slip on a $50 game... the receipt you get for that game will also act as a $20 credit slip.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but MX Superfly for Gamecube gets $8.50. I was hoping it would be worth more since I saw it for $25 used at another FYE (since Shadowman 2 also gets $8.50 but they sell it for only $15 used), but I only paid $5 for it so I decided to get rid of it.

Didn't find Donkey Konga for sale :(

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']
BTW: Didja know Motor Trend Lotus Challenge is $3 NEW at EB? :) :) :)[/quote]

Shit, all of my Eb stores dont have that new.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Didn't find Donkey Konga for sale :( [/quote]

I wanted to get Donkey Konga with my store credit too. I called a few Wherehouse stores to see if they had any in stock and was told that they, along with other twec stores (fye, strawberries, coconuts, etc), no longer carry new gamecube games.

Guess I'll just have to wait for the whole $31.99 backorder issue to blow over before I transfer my credit to a gift card and buy it at fye.com.

If that's the case then that really is horrible. I hope they decide to carry the DS system since that's probably what I will want to use my trade in credit on. Could they be mistaken about not carrying new Gamecube games since when I asked the cashier about Donkey Konga, he typed it into the computer at the store and said it's in the system but not in stock. If they weren't going to carry it, it's weird it would be in their system.

Motor Trend is $10 used now at eb and the website has 5 of them left.

As of today:
Black and Bruised (GC)--$27 (YAY!!)
Motor Trend Lotus Challenge $27
Disaster Report $18

Just traded in
Freestyle Metal X - 12
Shox -8.5
Summoner 2 - 8.50

thought about trading
Espn Nfl 2k5 - 7.50
but after the 7.50 value decided to keep it

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Motor Trend is $10 used now at eb and the website has 5 of them left.

As of today:
Disaster Report $18[/quote]

damn the employees at your Fye are brain dead

i cant get more then 8.50 off black and bruised, Pro Race driver and some other stuff they look at the price and are like wtf and then they say some random price to give me which is usually 5 dollars

[quote name='smellhasreturned'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']Motor Trend is $10 used now at eb and the website has 5 of them left.

As of today:
Disaster Report $18[/quote]

damn the employees at your Fye are brain dead

i cant get more then 8.50 off black and bruised, Pro Race driver and some other stuff they look at the price and are like wtf and then they say some random price to give me which is usually 5 dollars[/quote]

I took one of mine Soccer Slam that I traded the other day and asked them to scan it...... 6$ Trade in. I did traded in PRD for $27 she had to enter it manualy.

Strider Turbulence was it FYE you traded them in? I really want to track wich one didn't change prices in their system. Thanks.

I traded Black and Bruised,Motor Trend Lotus Challenge and Disaster Report to a Record Town store.

At FYE earlier in the week Motor Trend went for $27, Go Go Hypergrind for $26.

At Stawberries, PRD came up at $5 when the employee typed it in and Motor Trend rung up at $27.

I'll check sega soccer slam later if I see it at EB. There are two FYE stores in the same mall so it won't be a problem getting it scanned at both stores.

Thanks for the tip on Motor Trend and Black and Bruised, Strider. I picked them up from EBGames.com, I had forgotten to look for these titles lately. It's always good to have some variety so the local FYEs don't raise hell over me constantly bringing in Pro Race Driver and Go-Go Hypergrind heh! :D

I tried to trade in Pro Race Driver (Xbox) at FYE today and it wouldn't scan in their system. Are there two different UPC codes for this game? Any idea what's up?

[quote name='illennium']I tried to trade in Pro Race Driver (Xbox) at FYE today and it wouldn't scan in their system. Are there two different UPC codes for this game? Any idea what's up?[/quote]

thats what happened to me

My EB had Motor Trend used for $9.99. I was gonna get it, and I made sure it was in good condition so my FYE would accept it, and it was (accept for a little smudge). I was happy, but then I didnt buy it cause it didnt have a manual, and I thiink they would flip out at FYE if I attempted to trade in in like that ;-) :boxing:

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Pro Race Driver for XBOX apparently shipped with 2 UPC codes and if the second UPC is ripped off the game will not scan in the system.[/quote]

ooooooh thats what ya do

cool im trying it again tomorrow

Hey how much for these? Since they can be bought at EB for 4.99 a piece.

Madden NFL 2004 PS2,XBOX
Dragonball Z Budokai PS2
Splinter Cell XBOX

Madden 2004 could possibly be around $10 and there have been reports that it's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommrow that is going to be $5. That game has a pretty high trade in value everywhere.

i got a few questions. (i didnt read all the posts so if this has been asked, and i'm sure it has, forgive me)

1)will they give you these amounts in cash, or in store credit?

2)do the games/cases have to be in near perfect condition and include manual for them to take them?

[quote name='Cracka']i got a few questions. (i didnt read all the posts so if this has been asked, and i'm sure it has, forgive me)

1)will they give you these amounts in cash, or in store credit?

2)do the games/cases have to be in near perfect condition and include manual for them to take them?[/quote]

1. It depends on the store. Most give out store credit but some give out cash. Between the stores that give out cash, some will take 20% off the total and some will give you the full amount.

2. The cases and manuals just have to be in saleable condition. Dirt on the case and small scratches & tears are fine, just as long as it's nothing major. You do need the manual but sometimes you can get away without having one.

Stryder once again thanks for the info. I managed to get Go Go Hyper Grind (GC), Black and Bruised(GC) and Roadkill (GC) in the Gamestop buy 2 get 1 free sale this weekend. I spent like $32. I managed to get $76.50 in credit from FYE for all 3. :D I forget which was which but it was $25.50, $27, $24.

Couple of notes:
Pro Race driver is YMMV I think . I had picked this up first but when I tried trading it in it did not come up in their system. :x I ended up returning it for Black and Bruised and shelling out an extra $3. :x :lol: .

Also when buying these titles used make sure you look at the discs thoroughly. FYE seems to study these things like they just made some sort of archealogically find. :lol: Any noticeable scratches and dirt and they won't take it.

Nothing is better than seeing the look of amazement on the employees face at the value that comes up in the system for these pieces of crap games. :lol: :lol:

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Pro Race Driver for XBOX apparently shipped with 2 UPC codes and if the second UPC is ripped off the game will not scan in the system.[/quote]

My copy only has one UPC, on the back of the case, at the top right. Does that mean there's nothing I can do to get it to scan? If so, then I'm stuck with this game (bought it at Gamestip used, and they don't accept returns on used games).

Just ask the person behind the register to look the game up in the system. If you lucky, it will scan at $27 but mine scanned at $5 last week.

Also, Gamestop has a 90 day warranty on used games and if that fails you can used PRD as trade in fodder at EB. It's not on the exclusions list so it should work towards one of their trade in offers.

Just called for some trade in values not today 10/3/04 here they all PS2
Hitz Pro 17.00
Mojo 4.50
March Madness 2004 6.00
Road Kill 7.50
Hot Shots Golf 3 8.50

Just called for some trade in values
today 10/3/04 here they all PS2
Hitz Pro 17.00
Mojo 4.50
March Madness 2004 6.00
Road Kill 7.50
Hot Shots Golf 3 8.50

here is how the post should have read don't know how not got in there sorry:)

I traded these today

MOrrowind GOTY 7.50 Xbox
Black Stone 27 Xbox
kept Primal for PS2 since the value was 1 dollar lmao
not bad, I paid 5 bucks for black stone from the CC sale.

trade in values all PS2
Midnight Club $15
Sega Soccer Slam $12
Crimson Sea $25
Max Payne $7.5
Nascar Thunder $2
Kill Switch $17
MLB Slugfest Loaded$17
Driv3r $25

Is it me or does it sem ps2 games get the short end of the stick on trade in value at FYE. I am going to stick with GC & Xbox games for trade in.

Same old story, traded in today:

Go-Go Hypergrind GC - $26
Pro Race Driver XBOX - $27
Legends of Wrestling II PS2 - $8.50
ESPN Hockey 2K4 PS2 - $17

Man, I love FYE.

[quote name='Vtdgnca']hey anyone know how much they give for Culdcept for PS2 I picked that up for 12 bucks new from eb games. :lol:[/quote]

It was $17 over the summer and it should still carry the same price.

Being new to this thread I apologize if this was already discussed. EB's return policy on used games sucks. I think it is best to stick with Gamestop. At least you can get your money back within 7 days. Ex: If you get Pro Race driver from EB and take it to FYE. If you have the version of Pro Racer driver that comes up $5 or not in their system you are screwed. At least with Gamestop you can bring it back for cash or store credit.

Quick question. Has anyone run into any problems (or nosey managers wondering what you are up too.) with trading in the same game more than once at FYE? :lol:

Yes, Culdcept still fetches $17 in trade in, I traded it just last week so I can confirm. Anyway I traded a few things in last night and here was my catch.

GTA Triple Pack for PS1-rang up at $.01 but the clerk overrode it to give me $5(same I spent at CC)
Golden Sun The Lost Age GBA- $7.50
Shadow Ops Red MercuryXBOX- $25 (bought at blockbuster for a lot less)
Tony Hawk 2x- $7.50
GoGo Hypergrind- $26 (isn't this obligatory at this point?)
REZ PS2-$15

[quote name='godzilla123']Quick question. Has anyone run into any problems (or nosey managers wondering what you are up too.) with trading in the same game more than once at FYE? :lol:[/quote]

I avoid this, just for safety, by trading in multiple games at a time and waiting about a week minimum before trading again because the manager at FYE knows that I trade there often. :D

Yeah, I never trade more than 1 copy of the same game in at once. I also try to wait 5 days to a week before trading in another copy but I have traded in games to FYE 3 times so far and luckily, each time I traded in games, it was a different person who took the games.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Yes, Culdcept still fetches $17 in trade in, I traded it just last week so I can confirm. Anyway I traded a few things in last night and here was my catch.

GTA Triple Pack for PS1-rang up at $.01 but the clerk overrode it to give me $5(same I spent at CC)
Golden Sun The Lost Age GBA- $7.50
Shadow Ops Red MercuryXBOX- $25 (bought at blockbuster for a lot less)
Tony Hawk 2x- $7.50
GoGo Hypergrind- $26 (isn't this obligatory at this point?)
REZ PS2-$15[/quote]

You traded in REZ?? You could have sold it for a lot more, or at least for cash instead of credit. I would have given you $20 FYE store credit for it.

[quote name='RedvsBlue'].........
REZ PS2-$15[/quote]

ReZ? You are kidding?! I'm sure people here would've gave you more for Rez. You should post what FYE you traded it to so someone, who can't find it can get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back