2004 FYE Trade-In Prices - LIST HERE (Farewell!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of 10/15:

Black and Bruised (GC) - $27
Motor Trend Lotus Challenge (XBOX) - $27
Go-Go Hypergrind (GC) - $26
Pro Race Driver (XBOX) - $27

Total cost of the games I got $107 credit for? $36. AWESOME. I basically paid $16 for Paper Mario 2, including tax.

As has been stated before, a lot of these games have extra barcodes which is what makes them worth what they are. Without the extra barcode, they are worth jack shit. Case in point...the guy tried to manually punch in Pro Race Driver and it came up $5. I very politely asked (and the guy was extremely cool anyway) if he would use the scanner and it came up $27.

They are still selling stuff like Pro Race Driver and Go-Go for $15 used, they are the copies that I sold to them hahah. I could theoretically buy them back with my credit, but I usually just get them from EB or whatever. I'm beginning to think this loophole will never be caught unless FYE finds out by dumb luck because it is basically because of the extra barcodes. FYE is my favorite video game store on earth right now, I never thought I would say that. If we had a Gamerush here, it might be different, but we don't. :( Buying all of the new release games that come out during launch week for under $20 is just fucking amazing.

Anyone knows how much store credit for Madden NFL 2005.

Also about the Pro Race Driver. Is the $27 only for XBOX? I seen two brand new copies for PS2 and BB for 9.99

Any more outragous trade-ins lately? I've already abused Hypergring, Roadkill, Star Wars/Tetris, Lotus Challenge ...

[quote name='peace']What system is Lotus Challenge because I have the xbox but the list up front only has it for PS2?[/quote]

It's $27 for the Xbox. I don't think the game ever came out for PS2, so I think the list is wrong.

By 2nd barcode do you mean the barcodes that EB slaps on? I usually peel those because I'm afraid they're gonna send it right back my way. Someone LMK soon because I plan on going to the mall today.

[quote name='Vicious']Any more outragous trade-ins lately? I've already abused Hypergring, Roadkill, Star Wars/Tetris, Lotus Challenge ...[/quote]

Shadow ops Red mercury

Stuff I traded in
Starwars jedi starfighter 7.50
Medal of honor Frontline 8.50
Better lluck tomarrow dvd 3
Gran turismo 3 7.50
Sledstorm 7.50
Shado ops red mercury 25
Arc the lad TOS 11
Nfl Blitz pro 17 (ps2)

Stuff I didnt
TRibes AA 7.50
Grandia 2 7.50

[quote name='Vicious']Anyone knows how much store credit for Madden NFL 2005.

Also about the Pro Race Driver. Is the $27 only for XBOX? I seen two brand new copies for PS2 and BB for 9.99[/quote]

Madden 2005 is $19.99 according to an instore flyer I seen.

I've noticed these games with high values at wherehouse.com

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/225502.asp $27

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/223433.asp $27

XBOX Freestyle Soccer (that goofy Blockbuster exclusive) gets $17

I can check the price of Freestyle easily (for PS2 & GC also) since every Blockbuster on the planet has tons in stock for like $5.99+ 50% if you buy another game. A lot of the prices are matching up to what they ring up with instore so hopefully they still have the same high value.

I think Sneakers is $10 new at Toys R Us as well (wasn't it a Toys R Us exclusice?). Should be interesting if it does get $27 since it should be an easy to find game considering it's not popular at all.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I've noticed these games with high values at wherehouse.com[/quote]

I just came here to post that 99% of the trade-in values at wherehouse.com match up with the ones in this thread. Seems like a much easier way to find trade-in values--for games, DVDs, CDs, etc.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Anyone else get a $10 off every $25 or more on their reciept?[/quote]

Yeah, I went to Saturday Matinee (one of the stores associated with FYE) today to trade in some games, and on my receipt it says:

"Spend $25 or more
and bring this
receipt back to get
$10 off any purchase
you make between
11/1 & 11/20!

Excludes Tickets &
Giftcards,
No Cash Back
"

So, hell yeah! :p

StriderTurbulence, I summed up all the games from this thread that aren't on the list. Can you add them?

Crazy Taxi: Catch a Ride (GBA) - $12.50
Golden Sun: The Lost Age (GBA) - $7.50

NFL QB Club 2002 (GC) - $2.00
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (GC) - $8.50

Alter Echo (PS2) - $6.00
Arc The Lad: Twilight of Spirits (PS2) - $11.00
Def Jam Vendetta (PS2) - $7.50
ESPN NBA 2K5 (PS2) - $7.00
ESPN NFL Football 2K4 (PS2) - $1.00
Grandia 2 (PS2) - $7.50
Medal of Honor: Frontline (PS2) - $8.50
Mystic Heroes (PS2) - $7.00
NASCAR Thunder 2002 (PS2) - $2.00
NBA Street Vol. 2 (PS2) - $15.00
Nightshade (PS2) - $17.00
NFL Madden 2003 (PS2) - $6.00
NFL Street (PS2) - $7.50
NFL QB Club 2002 (PS2) - $2.00
Primal (PS2) - $1.00
Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy (PS2) - $5.00
Rez (PS2) - $15.00
Roadkill (PS2) - $7.50
SledStorm (PS2) - $7.50
Spawn Armageddon (PS2) - $7.00
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy (PS2) - $6.00
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (PS2) - $11.00
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter (PS2) - $7.50
Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain (PS2) - $26.00
Transformers (PS2) - $11.00
Tribes: Aerial Assault (PS2) - $7.50
Van Helsing (PS2) - $11.00
Whirl Tour (PS2) - $8.50

Armed and Dangerous (Xbox) - $11.00
Batman: Dark Tomorrow (Xbox) - $7.50
Black Stone: Magic & Steel (Xbox) - $27.00
ESPN NBA 2K5 (Xbox) - $7.00
ESPN NBA Basketball (Xbox) -$14.00
Legends of Wrestling II (Xbox) - $6.00
Marrowind: GOTY Edition (Xbox) - $7.50
Spawn Armageddon (Xbox) - $7.00
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (Xbox) - $11.00
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (Xbox) - $7.50
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2X (Xbox) - $7.50

Better Luck Tomorrow (DVD) - $3.00

Thanks a lot!

- Devin

Has anyone traded in any of the espn 2004 game lately, are they still in the $20's or did they drop?

Anyone trade in Go Go Hypergrind recently?
I traded it in earlier this week and still got $26-7 for it but I saw it today $14.99 used. I was going to buy it w/ credits and sell it back to see if I get $26-7 for it, but I only had enough left for the Donkey Konga I had on reserve.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']
XBOX Freestyle Soccer (that goofy Blockbuster exclusive) gets $17
[/quote]

WHOAAAAA

whoooaaa....

ok man.... if you cant.... somone MUST....

dear lord....

please tell me FYE gives 17 for it.....

please please please....

anyone else think they can hop on this check?(way too much BB store credit to not want to exploit this BB-FYE-Freestyle connection...

"Spend $25 or more
and bring this
receipt back to get
$10 off any purchase
you make between
11/1 & 11/20!

Excludes Tickets &
Giftcards,
No Cash Back"

Damn so you can trade in 25 worth or more of anything and receive an extra 10 off your next purchase?

Tetris/Clone Wars dropped to 8.50...I tried trading it in yesterday and that's what they offered, but Black and Bruised for Gamecube still fetches $27

I couldnt trade in freestyle soccer because it was a block buster "exclusive" which it says on the front cover and now I have to go return it

....I couldn't even find Freestyle Soccer at my local Blockbuster and there were like 20 of them a couple of weeks ago!

Ah well, looks like I'll pick up Sneakers and Max Payne 2 for trade in fodder.

[quote name='dserafin1986']Tetris/Clone Wars dropped to 8.50...I tried trading it in yesterday and that's what they offered, but Black and Bruised for Gamecube still fetches $27[/quote]

I tried to trade in Tetris/Clone Wars yesterday and they offered me $.01! Be careful if you're paying more than $.01 for this title, I think FYE's on to it.

Other items:

Medabots Gold GBA $12
Medabots Silver GBA $12
Star Wars Bounty Hunter GC $8.50

* Anybody have confirmation of a price for Sneakers yet?

Anybody try Room Zoom for xbox? Its 12.99 used at eb and it gets you $26 at wherehouse.com so maybe true at fye

Today was an awesome CAG day for me. I cleaned up on some EBGames deals AND FYE deals since both stores are in one of my malls near me. Sweet stuff. I picked up....

A PSTwo...
Madden 2005...
And 60$ FYE Trade in Credit on top of the 56$ I've still got left from last time....

I traded in 2X Go Go Hypergrind (The guy gave me a funny look, but obviously he didn't give a shit since he just scanned them anyways....) and one Disaster Report (Only got me 8.50 instead of 18$. Seems like the price has dropped, but I'm pretty sure it's just YMMV). Anyways.... I basically only spent 32$ (For some reason I had to spend 5$ on the PSTwo, but shit, I ain't complaining, and then I spent 13.50 each on new Hypergrinds. Pretty kickass day, and I'm lovin it.

Does anyone know how much ESPN Basketball (PS2) (2K4 ORIGINAL VERSION) fetches? I'll be happy if you tell me :D

Freestyle Soccer is a no go at FYE. :(

Can't wait until Nov. 1 so I can use my $10 off coupons! I think I jumped the gun earlier and it seems you have to buy or trade in about $25 worth of merchanise to get the coupon on your reciept.

I bought a new Grandia II for $1.99 and the $10 off didn't show up.

Well I am having trouble finding which games still fetch a hefty amount. Can anyone post a small list of those games.

Battle Engine Auilla for XBOX gets $27, they couldn't find Sneakers so I guess that's no good.

Well I am having trouble finding which games still fetch a hefty amount. Can anyone post a small list of those games.

Battle ENgine Aquilla (XBOX) $27
$13 at EB

Black & Bruised (Gamecube) $27
$10 at EB, $13 at Gamestop

Pro Race Driver (XBOX) $27
$10 at both EB & Gamestop

Motor Trend Lotus Challenge $27
$10 at EB, $15 at Gamestop. A NEW copy runs for $3 at EB if you can actually find that a store that sitll has it.

Go Go Hypergrind $26
$10 at EB, $9 at Gamestop

NFL Blitz Pro (XBOX) $17
$10 at EB

Maximum Chase $18
$10 at EB & Gamestop

Disaster Report $18
$10 at EB

Shadow Ops (XBOX) $25
It's $18 used at EB, after 30% off discount (if you qualify) it'll be about $12.60. Also, someone said they got two copies at Blockbuster for $24.

Star Wars/Tetris Worlds ???? Worth a shot since it carried a $26 value last month but two people have reported that it dropped big time.

Remember that you can get 20-30% off coupons (which will make the $10 games $7) from ebgames.com that you can use instore towards pre-played games.

Also keep in mind that some of these games might ring up at lower prices as it can be YMMV at times.

I know my FYE check your ID, but does anybody know what they need it for? Is it to verify that you're 18 or keep track of you? Thanks if anyone knows this.

Thanks for the list. I only do one store because they give me cash. So far I made q couple of hundred this month which is not bad. Unfortunately I already did most of those except Black & Bruised and Aquilla. I am gonna go ahead and try to get those tomorrow from EB.

I think it depends on the person at the register whether they ask for ID or not. I have been to one location about 5 or 6 times and there are 2 different managers there. One manager always asks for ID. The other one asks me if I have traded in games before and I say yes, he then asks for my phone # just to pull up my name, and does not ask for ID.

At my store they only ask for whether i traded there before or not. then they write down the phone number and thats it.

Ran into a little problem trying to trade in a game at FYE today. The clerk scanned it in and couldn't find it in the system. Apparently "Pro Race Driver" for Xbox will possibly come with different UPCs:

767649400355 (if you type this in fye.com search, it will come up)
767649400614 (this is the upc my copy had)

Also, I've checked some of the games which were worth more on FYE.COM and noticed the new price is quite high on them:

Battle Engine Aquilla (XBOX) $27 credit - $55.99 new @ FYE.COM
Pro Race Driver (XBOX) $27 credit - $55.99 new @ FYE.COM
Go Go Hypergrind (Gamecube) $26 credit - $49.99 new @ FYE.COM
Motor Trend Lotus Challenge (XBOX) $27 credit - $49.99 new @ FYE.COM
Black & Bruised (Gamecube) $27 credit - $46.30 new @ FYE.COM

As a general rule of thumb, this could help us all gauge the possible worth on a trade in without even having to bring our stash in or call ahead. Obviously this won't apply to all games but it still may give you an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back