2004 FYE Trade-In Prices - LIST HERE (Farewell!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Simpsons Hit and Run (GCN) - $17
Rise To Honor (PS2) - $17.00[/quote]

Sadly, the prices went down...... $7.50 each for both games...

I think 2 dollars is accurate. What they have it selling for isnt a good indicator. Shadow ops reddawn seems to sell for 20 instore but you can still trade it in for 25

It seems like Fye is a great place to go with old sports games. Usually not worth much, but a lot of them from last year still get $11.

Star Wars/Tetris Worlds...*sighs* rung up at .01.

Room Zoom on XBOX was $26, ESPN BASKETBALL on XBOX was $24. Both of these can be bought for a total of $17 (after 30% coupon)+tax at ebgames.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Star Wars/Tetris Worlds...*sighs* rung up at .01.

Room Zoom on XBOX was $26, ESPN BASKETBALL on XBOX was $24. Both of these can be bought for a total of $17 (after 30% coupon)+tax at ebgames.[/quote]

^^^espn2k4 for those that dont know

[quote name='clevelandmvp']Do you need cases and instructions for trade in? Also how many copies of one game has someone traded at once?[/quote]

Mine limits one copy at a time and I've had to have everything w/ the game to trade it in, but thats only at one store. Ploicy might be different at other stores

MOre trade in prices:

MLB SLugfest 2003 GC $12
Drakan:The Ancient Gates PS2 $6
(Both were from the $5 CC sale :twisted: )
Future Tactics PS2 $6
Transformers PS2 $11
NCAA College Basketball 2K3 PS2 $6
Arc The Lad: TOS PS2 $11
Tiger Woods 2004 PS2 $11
Mario Kart Bouble Dash $24
Fable $25

[quote name='bruceleeah']does anybody think they'll have halo 2 next week[/quote]

I'm sure they will have some, but they might sell out fast.

I wouldn't expect them to have it the day it releases. FYE seems to be real slow in getting in new release games. None of my local FYE stores even have Donkey Konga and it's been out for over a month!

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I wouldn't expect them to have it the day it releases. FYE seems to be real slow in getting in new release games. None of my local FYE stores even have Donkey Konga and it's been out for over a month![/quote]

Really. I went there on the weekend and got some credit and they didn't have it, unfortunately. I probably would have gotten it. Oh well. The good thing about FYE credit is that they sell other things than games too, so you can get some DVDs and CDs you want too.

That's true but the DVD's seem to really be overpriced there with some being as high as $28 not on sale so I try to spend the credit on games which at least are in line with other stores.

I just hope they get my Nintendo DS Pre-order in stock somewhere near the launch. I am a little worried I won't get it for a while after the launch but I'm willing to wait to save around $100 compared to having to buy it at another store.

Trade-in values:
Motor Trend Lotus Challenge (Xbox): $27
I-Ninja (Xbox): $7.50
Hunter: Redeemer (Xbox): $7.50
Tetris/Clone Wars bundle (Xbox): $.01

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I wouldn't expect them to have it the day it releases. FYE seems to be real slow in getting in new release games. None of my local FYE stores even have Donkey Konga and it's been out for over a month![/quote]

I don't know if this will help or not but you might have to ask an emplyoee if Donkey Konga is in stock. I saw some behind the counter yeserday (and on the floor no less) but they didn't even have a display copy on the sales floor.

I have asked before and they say it's not in yet (behind the counter on the floor they do have other games like DDR Extreme that aren't on the shelf though). I just ended up getting it at TRU last week from the B2G1 sale. I just hope FYE gets the bongos in seperate sometime this year.

If your FYE has copies of Halo 2 next week, they are offering a $15.00 rebate on the game. My store has Halo 2 now, and I asked today about any new rebates, and was told of a $15.00 one. Good on both the regular version and LE.

Wow, that's awesome. I wasn't planning on getting Halo 2 but combined with all the trade in credit I have, and a $15 rebate on top of it, I might have to reconsider.

I preordered Halo 2 there ysteray and they said they would have it Nov 9 for sure. Also, I thought someone said that the rebate on Halo 2 was incorrect in another thread somewhere.

Has anyone noticed that every FYE store can have different pricing on items. The mall I was at tonight has 2 FYE stores. Store #1 had Shrek 2 for $20, Store #2 had it for $27 and the Sopranos Season 4 Boxset for $90 but Store #3 (another mall) had it for $80.

One store also had GTA SA on sale for $49.99 with a regular price of $54.99 yet another store had it for $49.99 regular price.

It makes it difficult to determine if you are getting the best price on items other than games (since the MSRP of almost new release games is $49.99)

[quote name='YoshiFan1']One store also had GTA SA on sale for $49.99 with a regular price of $54.99 yet another store had it for $49.99 regular price.[/quote]

That's the same for my local FYE as well. They have San Andreas for $54.99 with an "ON SALE FOR $49.99" label on it. FYE is so lame! LOL.

anyone know if there is a limit on trade ins meaning could i go to eb and get 6 zooms for 60 take them to FYE get 150+ ... Man if so can get an xbox for 60 bucks

[quote name='slidecage']anyone know if there is a limit on trade ins meaning could i go to eb and get 6 zooms for 60 take them to FYE get 150+ ... Man if so can get an xbox for 60 bucks[/quote]

I doubt it, I never trade in multiple of same copies, try your luck.

Madden 2003 (PS2) $6
The Hobbit (PS2) $7
NCAA Final Four 2004 (PS2) $11
Kill.Switch (Xbox) $17
Room Zoom (Xbox) $26
RoadKill (GC) $17

Sneakers (Xbox) $27

Anyone else notice that FYE has started taking down name, address, phone number, driver's license numbers on trade-ins??

At least for me, they did not do that before...

Roadkill (GC) scanned at $24 for me. And ESPN Basketball (XBX)is still $24. That game alone pretty much paid off my DS PRE ORDER. It's going to suck when they drop the price on that.

Has anyone ever heard of Match Point Tennis, Jane's Attack Squadron, Falcone: Into the Maelstrom, and Shayde: Monsters vs Humans? They have high values but I can't even find them an EB or Gamestop search.

I'm guessing they are cancelled titles?

Well that sucks because I actually want to play Jane's Attack Squadron for some reason.

ESPN NATIONAL HOCKEY NIGHT 2002 (XBOX)is $24 and it's apparently 'rare' since EB doesn't have it and Gamestop wants $30 for it.

Malice for XBOX shows $27, and its 10 used at EB. I should point out that there are 2 entires for Malice on XBOX so the $27 price could be outdated in stores.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Roadkill (GC) scanned at $24 for me. And ESPN Basketball (XBX)is still $24. That game alone pretty much paid off my DS PRE ORDER. It's going to suck when they drop the price on that.[/quote]

Did they happen to mention to you when they expect the DS systems to arrive? I know each store might be different but when I pre-ordered mine last month they told me it would be on the 25th which is Thanksgiving day and the mall is closed that day. I'm going to check if they have the systems on the official launch date just in case they are wrong. I was a little hesitant to pre-order from them but for around the $50 I spent on buying games to trade in to have enough credit for the system, I figured I would take the chance.

[quote name='rogue_one']Sneakers (Xbox) $27

Anyone else notice that FYE has started taking down name, address, phone number, driver's license numbers on trade-ins??

At least for me, they did not do that before...[/quote]

I think it's a state law, at least here in VA. They want to be able to track you down in case someone stole games and pawned them off.

[quote name='YoshiFan1'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']Roadkill (GC) scanned at $24 for me. And ESPN Basketball (XBX)is still $24. That game alone pretty much paid off my DS PRE ORDER. It's going to suck when they drop the price on that.[/quote]

Did they happen to mention to you when they expect the DS systems to arrive? I know each store might be different but when I pre-ordered mine last month they told me it would be on the 25th which is Thanksgiving day and the mall is closed that day. I'm going to check if they have the systems on the official launch date just in case they are wrong. I was a little hesitant to pre-order from them but for around the $50 I spent on buying games to trade in to have enough credit for the system, I figured I would take the chance.[/quote]

I asked them about the release date of the DS today and they told me they expect to have it on the 21st. The store I pre-ordered at usually meets street dates but I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Cool, it's good to know at least some stores exepect to have it on the 21st.

Has anyone been able to get their store credit put on a gift card directly or been able to use store credit to purchase gift cards recently? I have been to 3 different stores all of which would not do it. The problem I seem to be having is that every game I want to buy is on their website but not available in store and the DVD boxset I want to buy is $75 online and $100 in store so I'd like to get that online as well but all the stores are telling me they can't put the credit on a gift card or that I am not able to purchase a gift card with store credit so I can't use the credit online.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Has anyone been able to get their store credit put on a gift card directly or been able to use store credit to purchase gift cards recently? I have been to 3 different stores all of which would not do it. The problem I seem to be having is that every game I want to buy is on their website but not available in store and the DVD boxset I want to buy is $75 online and $100 in store so I'd like to get that online as well but all the stores are telling me they can't put the credit on a gift card or that I am not able to purchase a gift card with store credit so I can't use the credit online.[/quote]

I have that problem too. I said to the manager that it's annoying to carry paper receipts around and wanted a gift card but he said that it wasn't possible. Maybe you could print out the ad and ask your FYE if they'd match their own price online.

It is TOO possible to put the paper receipt store credit onto a giftcard. No one at my store knows how to do it, not even the manager, except this one guy that's pretty cool.

Tell your FYE that it's possible and they need to do it. Otherwise, call corporate and have them send tutor down there. :p

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try printing out the webpage if they still refuse to put it on a gift card.

"No one at my store knows how to do it, not even the manager, except this one guy that's pretty cool.
"
If it is possible for the credit to be put on a gift card, then I guess the employees at the stores I went to also don't know what to do or just don't want to do it.

I'm going to e-mail FYE.com and explain the situation to them and see what they have to say.

has anybody seen the new pstwos at fye?
ive built up 142 dollars in credit and im waiting for them to get another shipment but its been two weeks and still none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back