2004 FYE Trade-In Prices - LIST HERE (Farewell!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='YoshiFan1']I know it said no visible scratches on wherehouse, I checked the game and didn't see any. That is what concerns me, about how they can keep the games. 3 of the 6 games I sent in were still sealed though so I don't think those will be a problem (I looked at there terms and it didn't say not to send in sealed games, just that you won't get more credit for them).

I'm going to send in the games tomorrow, so once they receive the games and contact me, I'll post if they rejected anything or not.[/quote]

Nothing got rejected, all 6 games were accepted. It did take over 2 weeks for the entire process but that was because I shipped Media Mail and I live in PA and the games were sent to CA. The only problem is everything I wanted that was in stock when I sent in games, is sold out so I have to wait for a restock of the items before I can use the credit.

Just came back from an FYE. Little rant: I was in line but there was a lady in front of me. Manager said he could help her but she wanted to talk to the guy at the next register because she already talked to him and he would know what she's talking about. The managers sees the games in my hand and says that he'd rather help someone out who's buying something first, I mean, wtf is that all about? She already said she'd rather talk to the other guy. So when the manager looks at my games, he asks if all of them are kiddy games. He says that they don't sell well. I ask him even during the holdiday season? He said no, then proceeds to look at the games.

Reconfirming:
Metal Dungeon $18.00
Battle Engine Aquila $27.00
Sneakers (rings up as Nezmix) $27.00

Also, I made a spreadsheet of all the top trade in values for games from www.wherehouse.com just before it went down. You can download it here: http://yaws01.homestead.com/files/Top_Trade_Values_Wherehouse.xls

Hey sway,

I made a spreadsheet a few weeks back that has Gamecrazy, Blockbuster/Gamerush, FYE, and Wherehouse. Give me your email and I will send it to you. Maybe you can build on it further.

Oh, BTW - Siphon Filter is now getting $11 for trade in value. Everything else still is the same (at least here in Chicago's SW suburbs).

[quote name='Sway']Just came back from an FYE. Little rant: I was in line but there was a lady in front of me. Manager said he could help her but she wanted to talk to the guy at the next register because she already talked to him and he would know what she's talking about. The managers sees the games in my hand and says that he'd rather help someone out who's buying something first, I mean, wtf is that all about? She already said she'd rather talk to the other guy. So when the manager looks at my games, he asks if all of them are kiddy games. He says that they don't sell well. I ask him even during the holdiday season? He said no, then proceeds to look at the games.

Reconfirming:
Metal Dungeon $18.00
Battle Engine Aquila $27.00
Sneakers (rings up as Nezmix) $27.00

Also, I made a spreadsheet of all the top trade in values for games from www.wherehouse.com just before it went down. You can download it here: http://yaws01.homestead.com/files/Top_Trade_Values_Wherehouse.xls[/quote]

Hey Pulsar- I go to Montgomery Mall, also. Was the guy you got real tall and sort of gangly, with short hair? 'Cause he deducts trade values. I'm sure of it.

I just received my rebate for Def Jam Vendetta Fight for NY yesterday from FYE. They had no problem accepting the receipt that was a reprint.

superhugebutt, No, I got the other guy, but I know who you're talking about. Maybe it's they're store, cause I got 26 for Room Zoom last week, and 15 yesterday.

[quote name='Pulsar']superhugebutt, No, I got the other guy, but I know who you're talking about. Maybe it's they're store, cause I got 26 for Room Zoom last week, and 15 yesterday.[/quote]

Hmm...I got $26 for Room Zoom yesterday, not $15, at my FYE, and for some reason Malice didn't show up in there system. Its getting kinda hard to fake the :shock: and hide the :lol: when I bring in games to them.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']It's YMMV for sure. All of my rebates for FYE have been rejected so far.

Fable: Recpeit showed it was bought 1 day BEFORE the rebate offer. Rejected

Star Wars DVD: Rejected because it sent 1 day AFTER the post mark limit.

Family Guy DVD: Rejected because I sent in the UPC bar from the wrapper.

Spiderman 2: Rejected. Was on the same reciept as some store credit so I got a customer copy and sent that one in.[/quote]

Just a note that the sticker UPC worked for me on the Star Wars OT. I haven't tryed any other rebates yet, but there seems to be a good chance that it will work with most things.

Ok, here's the deal. I incorporated my Wherehouse trade in value into the one RavenHawk created. It has a seperate listing for each game and respective system and has trade in values for FYE, Gamecrazy, BB/Gamerush, and Wherehouse. Of course, if there are any trade in values for EB or Gamestop, those will be added. This list really depends on everyone here to input their findings since the credit may vary store by store. So even if you're trading in something already stated on the list, post what you got so we can confirm what is already there. Don't exclusively rely on this list but it's a really good benchmark on the amount of credit you could get. I'll try to update it once a week.

http://yaws01.homestead.com/files/Comprehensive_CAG_Trade_in_Value_list.xls

[quote name='Vicious']First off, don't leave the games sealed. Second of all, don't trade multiples. You are only asking for trouble my friend.[/quote]

couldn't have said it any better. if i were a manager, i would've done the same.

EDIT: thanks for all your hard work sway :)

Oi, decided to give this a try for the 1st time today.

Picked up a copy of Motor Trend, Room Zoom, And nba 2k4

Rang up as 27,26, and 24 respecfully, all good right? wrong.

the manager then proceeds to overide the prices, and put in $7.50 for everything, and i end up with $22.50. I then complain to the manager, and then he says "i cant give you these prices for the game, its too much, and i know u got these from EB to trade here".

yeah, looks like i wont be trading anytime soon seeing as thats the only FYE within a 200 mile radius of me

[quote name='Argamius']Oi, decided to give this a try for the 1st time today.

the manager then proceeds to overide the prices, and put in $7.50 for everything, and i end up with $22.50. I then complain to the manager, and then he says "i cant give you these prices for the game, its too much, and i know u got these from EB to trade here".[/quote]

You should have denied buying the games from EB and demanded the full trade-in credit. No way in Hell I would've accepted less than a third of what I should have got just because of some jerk employee. You said it was your 1st time trading in games there, so he had NO right to accuse you, a complete stranger, of buying the games from EB. Don't let these FYE people walk all over you. You KNOW that the games were worth $77.00 in trade-in credit right?

Bottomline, you were straight-up robbed, because you said the games actually rung-up as $27, $26, and $24, right? And he only gave you $22.50... With a little more "action" on your part, you would've gotten the full credit, whether you had to go to FYE at a different time when that guy wasn't working, or ask for the name and number of his district manager, or whatever...

BTW, did you at least earn a profit from the $22.50 that FYE gave you?

[quote name='Argamius']Oi, decided to give this a try for the 1st time today.

the manager then proceeds to overide the prices, and put in $7.50 for everything, and i end up with $22.50. I then complain to the manager, and then he says "i cant give you these prices for the game, its too much, and i know u got these from EB to trade here".

yeah, looks like i wont be trading anytime soon seeing as thats the only FYE within a 200 mile radius of me[/quote]

Thats when I ask the name and number of his district manager

[quote name='sying'][quote name='Argamius']Oi, decided to give this a try for the 1st time today.

yeah, looks like i wont be trading anytime soon seeing as thats the only FYE within a 200 mile radius of me[/quote]

Thats when I ask the name and number of his district manager[/quote]

Deffinitely go back and do that, Dont let some jerkoff manager push you around

[quote name='Devin'][quote name='Argamius']Oi, decided to give this a try for the 1st time today.

the manager then proceeds to overide the prices, and put in $7.50 for everything, and i end up with $22.50. I then complain to the manager, and then he says "i cant give you these prices for the game, its too much, and i know u got these from EB to trade here".[/quote]

You should have denied buying the games from EB and demanded the full trade-in credit. No way in Hell I would've accepted less than a third of what I should have got just because of some jerk employee. You said it was your 1st time trading in games there, so he had NO right to accuse you, a complete stranger, of buying the games from EB. Don't let these FYE people walk all over you. You KNOW that the games were worth $77.00 in trade-in credit right?

Bottomline, you were straight-up robbed, because you said the games actually rung-up as $27, $26, and $24, right? And he only gave you $22.50... With a little more "action" on your part, you would've gotten the full credit, whether you had to go to FYE at a different time when that guy wasn't working, or ask for the name and number of his district manager, or whatever...

BTW, did you at least earn a profit from the $22.50 that FYE gave you?
[/quote]

thats a big negative, i came out about $7 in the hole.

Horrible news, it looks like trade in values are dropping.

I placed an order using Wherehouse credit on Wherehouse.com and I noticed it identified it as Spun credit.

I went to Spun.com to see if the values are listed there.

Motor Trend is down to $11

ESPN Basketball Xbox went from $24 to $3.50

Wipeout Fusion is down to $4.50 from $8.50

Stuntman went from $7.50 to $2.50

Donkey Konga went from $19 to $13

Extermination went from $6 to $4.50

DDR Extreme bundle went from $23 to $16

Taiko Drum Master went from $23 to $9

Max Payne PS2 went from $14 to $4.50 (XBox version is only $2!)

And remember how except for old sports games, almost everything was worth $6? THPS 3 on PS2 is worth $0.50!

Just some examples. This does not look good and it could mean the end of the great deals :(

NOOOOOO!!1!!

OMFG THOSE ASSHOLES!

i was just about to start trading shit too! I'm totally taking a shit in the back corner of their store next time i go in there.

So how exactly is Wherehouse.com tied in with Spun.com? I'm guessing that Wherehouse.com is letting Spun.com gradually take over the trade in part of their website. Hopefully the trade in credit does not reflect in any TWEC store.

That Spun.com list was...depressing. I don't think the prices for those will be the same in store though ($13 for Resident Evil 4?)

I traded in Dinotopia, ESPN2k4, and PRD a couple of days ago for $77. I'm going back to Gamestop today to get the 3 more copies of those same games and then I think I'll be done with FYE.

strider PM me and tell me how it goes I have some games I'm either going to trade in or return depending on wether or not the prices have dropped

[quote name='Cracka']NOOOOOO!!1!!

OMFG THOSE ASSHOLES!

i was just about to start trading shit too! I'm totally taking a shit in the back corner of their store next time i go in there.[/quote]
Let us know how that goes for you.

[quote name='Devin'][quote name='StriderTurbulence']WWE Smackdown here Comes the Pain (PS2) $18 [/quote]

This CANNOT be right......[/quote]

Allow me to eat my own words. As of December 3rd, you still get $18.00 for WWE Smackdown: HCTP (PS2).

[quote name='Cracka']i was just about to start trading shit too! I'm totally taking a shit in the back corner of their store next time i go in there.[/quote]

Somebody already beat you to it. I kid you not, about a month ago there was HUMAN SHIT in the back corner ("Anime" section) of my local FYE store (which is called Saturday Matinee). It was horrible!!!

[quote name='Devin'][quote name='Devin'][quote name='StriderTurbulence']WWE Smackdown here Comes the Pain (PS2) $18 [/quote]

This CANNOT be right......[/quote]

Allow me to eat my own words. As of December 3rd, you still get $18.00 for WWE Smackdown: HCTP (PS2).

[quote name='Cracka']i was just about to start trading shit too! I'm totally taking a shit in the back corner of their store next time i go in there.[/quote]

Somebody already beat you to it. I kid you not, about a month ago there was HUMAN SHIT in the back corner ("Anime" section) of my local FYE store (which is called Saturday Matinee). It was horrible!!![/quote]

lmfao DAMN THEM!

not only can i not trade in games for alot of money anymore.. i cant be the first to take a shit in the back corner of a store!

its The Man trying to keep us cheap ass gamers down

My friend and I went to FYE today, and the trade-in prices still seem to be pretty accurate:

Freestyle Street Soccer (GCN) - $17.00
Freestyle Street Soccer (Xbox) - $17.00
Breath of Fire V: Dragon Quarter (PS2) - $8.50
Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain (PS2) - $11.00 (it's official)

^add these to the list^

BTW, Freestyle Street Soccer is the "Blockbuster exclusive" game that you can get at your local Blockbuster or GameRush for less than 7 bucks each. :D

[quote name='Devin']My friend and I went to FYE today, and the trade-in prices still seem to be pretty accurate:

^add these to the list^

BTW, Freestyle Street Soccer is the "Blockbuster exclusive" game that you can get at your local Blockbuster or GameRush for less than 7 bucks each. :D[/quote]

I've found that the problem with freestyle soccer is that the employees take one look at the cover, see the "blockbuster exclusive" and hand it back to me saying they cant take it

[quote name='hutno'][quote name='Devin']My friend and I went to FYE today, and the trade-in prices still seem to be pretty accurate:

^add these to the list^

BTW, Freestyle Street Soccer is the "Blockbuster exclusive" game that you can get at your local Blockbuster or GameRush for less than 7 bucks each. :D[/quote]

I've found that the problem with freestyle soccer is that the employees take one look at the cover, see the "blockbuster exclusive" and hand it back to me saying they cant take it[/quote]

yep hunto, same for me, but the manager of my fye is a punk ass

[quote name='hutno']I've found that the problem with freestyle soccer is that the employees take one look at the cover, see the "blockbuster exclusive" and hand it back to me saying they cant take it[/quote]

Yeah, I guess it is VERY risky. When I went yesterday, the lady was like "I don't know if we can except these..... it says Blockbuster......................... well, let me just scan it and see..." It came up in their system, but I guess the employee has to personally accept it first. YMMV.

[quote name='Devin'][quote name='hutno']I've found that the problem with freestyle soccer is that the employees take one look at the cover, see the "blockbuster exclusive" and hand it back to me saying they cant take it[/quote]

Yeah, I guess it is VERY risky. When I went yesterday, the lady was like "I don't know if we can except these..... it says Blockbuster......................... well, let me just scan it and see..." It came up in their system, but I guess the employee has to personally accept it first. YMMV.[/quote]

Blockbuster's return policy works fine tho, so its worth a shot and if it doesnt work out you can always return them.

Yanya Callibasta City Skater (I think that's the name) - $8.50

Motor Trend got rejected twice in 2 days (different stores) because they are overstocked. As soon as I pulled the game out of my bag, instantly the managers at both stores said they can't take it.

[quote name='hutno'][quote name='Devin']My friend and I went to FYE today, and the trade-in prices still seem to be pretty accurate:

^add these to the list^

I've found that the problem with freestyle soccer is that the employees take one look at the cover, see the "blockbuster exclusive" and hand it back to me saying they cant take it[/quote]

There's actually a version of the game that doesn't have the "Blockbuster Exclusive" on the insert and has no reference to Blockbuster on the back either.

Good to see the prices are still up but I was rejected. The woman saw Pro Race Driver and ESPN NBA 2k4 (along with many other titles) and decided they couldn't take any more videogames.

Got $24 today for ESPN Basketball 2k4 today. Not bad considering I found it for $6.99 at Blockbuster earlier this week. . .

Steve A.

[quote name='ave1']Got $24 today for ESPN Basketball 2k4 today. Not bad considering I found it for $6.99 at Blockbuster earlier this week. . .

Steve A.[/quote]

Not bad. It's also $7.99, or $7.19 after use of Edge card, at EB used.

[quote name='elprincipe'][quote name='ave1']Got $24 today for ESPN Basketball 2k4 today. Not bad considering I found it for $6.99 at Blockbuster earlier this week. . .

Steve A.[/quote]

Not bad. It's also $7.99, or $7.19 after use of Edge card, at EB used.[/quote]

From personal experience, its better to buy it from eb, because theres a greater chance that the game will be in good condition and will come with directions

Can anyone confirm the price of Barbarian(PS2) and Malice(PS2)? I'm pretty sure Barbarian is less than its Xbox counterpart, but Malice might be the same. I cant find the Xbox versions on EB.com

Barbarian on XBOX was cancelled in the US but released (?) in EU--according to Gamefaqs.com.

But both of those games are in the $6-8.50 price range.

I have a question to anyone that has sent there games into Wherehouse.com Are they true condition whores? Like if my game even has one minor scratch, will they just keep it and never give it back? I'm interested in this, but if my local FYE rejected it, will they most likely reject it as well? I really need to get rid of these two games immediately, and I would like to hear from people that have sent in games with minor scratches but recieved credit from them. Thanks in advance.

I got like 140 dollars worth of credit. :L) Thanks for the help guys. MUHAHAHA I'll b waiting for RE4 for f'in 20 bux!!! WOOO!!!!

Too bad i'm having hecka trouble finding star ocean till the end of time :(
I can still get burnout 3, ratchet and clank series, jak series

:shock: OR MAY B! Someone would be a good enough samaritan to trade me star ocean till the end of time for my fye credit EH!?!

If FYE rejected it, most likely Wherehouse.com will reject it. They say no visisible scratches for Wherehouse trades and I think they are very serious. I sent in 6 games to Wherehouse, I inspected every disc to make sure there were no visible scratches at all before I sent them in, and everything was accepted.

I went up to FYE yesterday. I got a few more trade-in prices - nothing big:

Gungrave (PS2) - $8.50
Gungrave: Overdose (PS2) - $5.00
X-Files: Resist or Serve (PS2) - $7.50 (yeah, it went down)

hey just went to fye today and they gave me...

$27 - Motor Trends Lotus Challange (XB)
$27 - Black and Bruised (GC)
$27 - Battle Engine Aquila (XB)
$24 - ESPN NBA Basketball (XB)

gotta love em'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back