2008 NFL Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad the Pats unloaded Cassell but it seems like we didn't get enough for him. DId Pioli and the Chiefs get a friendly discount

[quote name='jlarlee']I'm glad the Pats unloaded Cassell but it seems like we didn't get enough for him. DId Pioli and the Chiefs get a friendly discount[/QUOTE]
Probably. But they may have someone targeted at #34 that they wanted bad enough, that pick is better than the last 6 or 7 picks of the 1st round.

[quote name='dafoomie']Probably. But they may have someone targeted at #34 that they wanted bad enough, that pick is better than the last 6 or 7 picks of the 1st round.[/QUOTE]

That is true it is near the top of the 2nd round so you are getting nearly 1st round value but at a 2nd round salary

[quote name='jlarlee']That is true it is near the top of the 2nd round so you are getting nearly 1st round value but at a 2nd round salary[/QUOTE]

well they 4 picks in the first 58 alone i think right? either way they are stockpiling to get younger and they have 19 million under that cap. Shawn Springs visits on Sunday and then they can fill their roster with some mid level free agents. The pats have nothing to worry about. I think the Denver deal was obviously better but yeah Bill gave Pioli a hometeam discount.

Josh Mcdaniels must feel robbed and he now has a pissed off all pro QB. for obvious reasons we know he wanted Cassell....but now he has alot of mending to do.

[quote name='dafoomie']What was the Denver deal?[/QUOTE]

It was supposed to be a three team deal that sent a package of picks including the 12th overall to the patriots, Cassel to the broncos and either the Vikes/Bucs get Cutler. It had blockbuster written all over it.

I dunno to be honest I'd rather have Cutler. As far as I'm concerned that was a winning offense tied to a horrible defense. Kind of like the opposite of the Ravens before they got Flacco

[quote name='jlarlee']I dunno to be honest I'd rather have Cutler. As far as I'm concerned that was a winning offense tied to a horrible defense. Kind of like the opposite of the Ravens before they got Flacco[/QUOTE]

i would rather have Cutler also but mcdaniels wanted Cassel because he is going to run the same exact offense in denver that he ran in new england. So Cassel would have been a better fit interms of knowing the plays. other than that Cutler has always been better and i would take him too.

[quote name='Soodmeg']So who the hell is this Texans QB that the Vikings were busting a nut trying to get?[/QUOTE]

wasnt it Sage Rosenfels? If thats him, than they already got him. i tink for a third round pick.

[quote name='Soodmeg']So who the hell is this Texans QB that the Vikings were busting a nut trying to get?[/quote]
260xStory.jpg

That guy whirling through the air, like a John Elway wannabe, fumbling the ball and costing his team the game.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']
260xStory.jpg

That guy whirling through the air, like a John Elway wannabe, fumbling the ball and costing his team the game.[/quote]

Man that was a fucking lucky comeback. I am a Colts fan and thought shit they are going to lose to the Texans.

I dont understand the Cowboys move to pick up Brooking over Lewis. Lewis would of bitch-slapped TO.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...cB?slug=txnflplayersmissing&prov=st&type=lgns

CLEARWATER, FLORIDA (TICKER) —The Coast Guard is conducting a search in the Gulf of Mexico for a fishing boat with two NFL players on board.
According to Clearwater’s ABC Action News affiliate, a 21-foot fishing boat left the area at approximately 6:30 a.m. on Saturday morning and did not return at its scheduled time later in the day.
Citing a call from the Coast Guard dispatcher, the television station reported that two of the passengers are Detroit Lions defensive end Corey Smith and Oakland Raiders linebacker Marquis Cooper.
The boat, which had four people on board, was reported missing at about 1:30 a.m. Officials stated that gulf waters were “extremely choppy” and believe that the boat is “in distress.”
Damn.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Man that was a fucking lucky comeback. I am a Colts fan and thought shit they are going to lose to the Texans.

I dont understand the Cowboys move to pick up Brooking over Lewis. Lewis would of bitch-slapped TO.[/QUOTE]

Brooking is a lot cheaper then Lewis. With the Ravens losing Bart Scott they are going to pay a ton for Lewis to stay as a Raven

Brooking is a solid LB though. I always liked how he played the game. Reminded me of a bigger Zach Thomas.

[quote name='Soodmeg']So who the hell is this Texans QB that the Vikings were busting a nut trying to get?[/quote]

Well Sage Rosenfels is a huge upgrade from Tavaris Jackson. With the Bear & Packers in decline and the Lions, well being the Lions, the Viking could dominate the NFC North if they could just get some decent QB play (and if A.P. could learn to hang onto the ball).

Yeah, Vikings might be the team to beat next year if they get T.J and a QB who can not suck hard.

I have no idea who this guy is though.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Yeah, Vikings might be the team to beat next year if they get T.J and a QB who can not suck hard.

I have no idea who this guy is though.[/QUOTE]

really? Rosenfels has been in the league for a long time and he has made on and off starts since his days with the Redskins. He also had a stint with the Miami Dolhpin.

He is definitley an upgrade over anything the Vikes have.

i dont know if they are the team to beat. I think resigning Jimmy Kennedy is a must so he can take up blockers and let the Williams get loose.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']ESPN is reporting TO has been cut by Dallas.[/QUOTE]

:shock: really? on TV? because i cant find it on the site.

in other news.

Ray Lewis will finish his career as a Raven. 3 year deal. They also signed Center Matt Birk which could be looked at as an upgrade from Josh Brown.

Laverneus Coles Signs with Cincinnati

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Yeah, on TV. It's on the frontpage of the website now.[/QUOTE]

WOW. it did happen. The question begs...who is going to take a chance on TO now that he wore out his welcome in Dallas...

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Oakland.[/quote]

Gotta like the Raiders' receiving corps next year of T.O., Plaxico, and Vick.

[quote name='2Fast']Gotta like the Raiders' receiving corps next year of T.O., Plaxico, and Vick.[/QUOTE]

Man, that would be hilarious if that happened.

The Lions need to make a play for both of them now!

Although I think Roy Williams was completely over rated and his only unique skill was horse collaring people. Lions cant get much worse so bring them both aboard and see what happens.

[quote name='Soodmeg']The Lions need to make a play for both of them now!

Although I think Roy Williams was completely over rated and his only unique skill was horse collaring people. Lions cant get much worse so bring them both aboard and see what happens.[/QUOTE]

to tell you the truth, if the lions did that....then they might as well go 0-16 again. They dont need TO when you have Calvin Johnson. Plus i wouldnt want TO mentoring johnson who is a bonified star talent and at such a young age.

Roy Williams is bad...if the deal is right bring him in...but thats as far as i will go. I would take Mike Brown over him anyday of the week.

So i guess JJ is turning a new leaf huh.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I've never heard anyone say that about Buffalo, especially because it doesn't make any sense. :lol:[/quote]

It's because the Bills are starting to play games in Toronto.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I've never heard anyone say that about Buffalo, especially because it doesn't make any sense. :lol:[/QUOTE]
He means Canada's team, they'll be in Toronto in a few years.

[quote name='MadChedar0']Seriously: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/08/sports/football/08owens.html

I don't know what to think as a Bills fan. We're a cohesive team that's slowly improving but... T.O. is TNT. On the field and in the locker room so... what the hell we'll see what happens.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

but i havent seen any improvement of the past 3 seasons. But i think that comes with rebuilding and player development.

T.O on paper is an awesome acquisition. We finally have a legit deep threat besides Lee. and to slide Reed/Hardy/Johnson to slot and 4th...is potentially pretty sick.

This is most surprising FA signing the bills did in a decade. I surely thought T.O was going to Al Davis.

49ers restructure Alex Smith's contract into a two year deal.

The San Francisco 49ers announced that the team has restructured QB Alex Smith’s contract into a two-year deal. Further terms of the contract were not announced.

Said 49ers General Manager Scot McCloughan, “We have reached an agreement with Alex and his agent to keep him as a member of the San Francisco 49ers. Alex expressed a deep interest to remain with the team and that feeling was mutual.”

Smith (6-4, 217) enters his fifth NFL season after originally being drafted in the first round (1st pick overall) of the 2005 Draft by the 49ers out of Utah. He was placed on Injured Reserve for the entire 2008 season due to a shoulder injury after being limited to seven games the previous season. Smith posted career-highs in 2006 as he started all 16 games and completed 257-of-442 passes for 2,890 yards with 16 touchdowns and 16 interceptions.
49ers.com

Hopefully he can stay healthy and really show the team what he has to offer.

Glad to see TO went to the Bills. Was terrified that dumb ass Al Davis would sign him! Raiders have enough problems without that cancer in the locker room!

[quote name='DT778']49ers restructure Alex Smith's contract into a two year deal.

49ers.com

Hopefully he can stay healthy and really show the team what he has to offer.[/QUOTE]

=(. Why can't they just part ways with him and admit they made a mistake with the number 1 pick that year...

[quote name='DT778']49ers restructure Alex Smith's contract into a two year deal.

49ers.com

Hopefully he can stay healthy and really show the team what he has to offer.[/QUOTE]

good. hopefully he took a big paycut. too bad we signed huard though and not someone, ya know, useful.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']good. hopefully he took a big paycut. too bad we signed huard though and not someone, ya know, useful.[/QUOTE]

Well they did try to get Warner.

Now they have 3 QBs I do not see them drafting a QB, which they really need because none of the guys they have now are the answer.

Reports are saying Donte Stallworth was drunk when he ran over and killed that man in Miami. If this is true, hopefully he doesn't get off as easily as Leonard Little did.

[quote name='H-Town Info']who wants my cutler jersey?[/quote]

Of a big ol' crying vagina? Nah thanks though bro....

I get the dude's not a wanted commodity by his coach....but shit man...don't puss out....go to camp....peg Marshall in the face....maybe sack McDaniels....

And I don't know why a team like the Lions/49ers/Bears aren't throwing the kitchen sink at Cutler.....I mean shit the dude's a beast....the Broncos suck because they have 0 D.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Of a big ol' crying vagina? Nah thanks though bro....

I get the dude's not a wanted commodity by his coach....but shit man...don't puss out....go to camp....peg Marshall in the face....maybe sack McDaniels....

And I don't know why a team like the Lions/49ers/Bears aren't throwing the kitchen sink at Cutler.....I mean shit the dude's a beast....the Broncos suck because they have 0 D.[/QUOTE]

The Niners better go after Cutler. There is absolutely no reason not to for them.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Wait.... People consider Culter as a really good QB or even a beast at QB? Shits news to me...[/QUOTE]

Cutler had a really good year last year and has a cannon for an arm. He has to mature a bit and make better decisions on the field, but in the right situation he can be great. And all the teams that are supposedly interested, Cutler would be a huge upgrade from what they have.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Wait.... People consider Culter as a really good QB or even a beast at QB? Shits news to me...[/quote]

Over the last 2 years he has 8,000+ yards and 45 TDs. Only Warner, Peyton and Brees can claim that and Cutler is 5 years younger (25) than the next guy on the list (Brees, 30). He has also been playing for a crappy team with almost no one to throw to. He is the definition of a franchise QB and the Broncos will cringe watching him win 2+ Super Bowls for the Jets over the next 10 years.

I should also add that he is a big time pussy - he should have sucked it up and gone into camp this year and had the best season of his life to stick it to whoever he is angry at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back