2009-10 NHL Thread- Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is Malkin... ? He's not injured or at least on the list.

Soo... Cheechoo finally scored his first goal. lol Let's recap on that deal.

Ottawa

Milan Michalek - 15 gms 7 goals 3 assist -2
Cheechoo - 15 gms 1 goal 2 assist -1

San Jose

Heatley - 19 gms 11 goals 9 assists +2

[quote name='VipFREAK']Soo... Cheechoo finally scored his first goal. lol Let's recap on that deal.[/QUOTE]

Cheechoo without Thornton is proving to be pretty useless.

[quote name='dafoomie'] No points for Crosby in his last 5 games.[/QUOTE]

You won't see that on TSN :D

[quote name='redshadow']Jesus. Wings routed Columbus tonight. 9-1? Holy crap.[/QUOTE]

I'm not getting too excited over that one. Mason probably lost his mind trying to impress Yzerman for the Olympic squad. It is nice to see the Wings run it up though. They have a better test against the Canucks tonight.

Another solid Wings effort even if we were terribly outshot early on, Howard haters will have to shut up for a little while it seems. In all seriousness we should be patient with him this entire season. Ozzie is supposed to be #1 so we can't depend on Howard to take his spot if he has another rough season.

^That's quite funny because I didn't see the score til AFTER the video. lol

It's ok... Sharts didn't deserve to win that one.

Thanks for being totally worthless Phx.

Good fucking win Phx, way to ass out the SARS twice in winning and not letting them get any points.

Stl has been held to 1 or no goals in the last 7 gms. Yikes.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Lol, wow... LA got raped.[/QUOTE]

The Kings won a nail-biter in Florida, 4-3 in a shootout. I'm glad the Kings have won their last couple games. My early season excitement quickly became nervousness about the team's ability to win when they lost 7-0 to Atlanta.

I'm glad we finally found a goalie but I wish they would stop trading their really good second line players for crappy back up goalies (Marc Denis for Freddy Modin and Mike Smith for Brad Richards).

^I mean this honestly but what is your team? Pens?

[quote name='Matt Young']The Kings won a nail-biter in Florida, 4-3 in a shootout. I'm glad the Kings have won their last couple games. My early season excitement quickly became nervousness about the team's ability to win when they lost 7-0 to Atlanta.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they should've easily been able to handle Florida, then again... The Sharks should've easily been able to handle the last few teams they've played...

Did Mark Recchi play like he was 1000 years old in Tampa, too?

I was watching a "Bruins Classics" game on NESN, 1991 Conference Finals between the Bruins and Penguins. Then I saw Mark Recchi get burned on the PK by Cam Neely and Rosie Ruzicka.

Savard and Lucic are still out, probably their two most important forwards. Chara has a groin problem that he's not admitting to. Ryder and Sturm are slow starters that have started slow. A little adversity early in the season never hurts, just ask Pittsburgh.

Anybody got a 1080p monitor? I don't. Tell me if this is working in 1080p and if it looks noticeably better than my prior stuff (in 720p). 1080p on Youtube was supposed to go online today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctym3kNNqWM

You bet ur fucking arse it makes a fucking difference! I recently got a 46in. 1080p tv. Unfortunately... I don't have HD for hockey. Still, It will make a difference especially if you've been on an SD tv. In you're case it might be more subtle and dependent more on the signal quality than the tv.

I've got a 1080p TV in the other room, but on this computer I've got a 720p TV and a monitor at 1280x960 hooked up. The video I just uploaded is in 1080p but I can't tell if Youtube has enabled that yet or if its still in 720p for now.

The Wings lost to Dallas tonight. My boys were outplayed, but damn a called no goal really hurt. Down by one it appeared Brad May of all people had scored and it was waived off. Dallas scored a couple minutes later to seal the win.

FFS... Come on. It's duh SARS. Jerkco isn't that good... I'm sick of hearing this shit of them winning. Thanks phx for being less worthless than the wings.

[quote name='TC']The Wings lost to Dallas tonight. My boys were outplayed, but damn a called no goal really hurt. Down by one it appeared Brad May of all people had scored and it was waived off. Dallas scored a couple minutes later to seal the win.[/QUOTE]

That no-goal was totally garbage. It was a good 2-3 seconds between the goal and the whistle.

NHL needs to stop hiring refs with rheumatoid arthritis.

Tanguay started out really slow but so did Vinny. They have both been picking it up lately. The Lightning are just lucky that St Louis, Stamkos, Malone, and Nittamaki have been playing well the whole year.

As for Recchi, yes he played real old while he was here. He was good on the penalty kill but that's about it.

The Lightning might end up with more OTL than wins.

Oh oh, I get it... Sharks brought in the Sharts since there were too many players that needed to go home for Thanksgiving, that and they were in... a giving mood too.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Kings won an excellent game vs. Chicago, 2-1 in a shootout. Kopitar extended his scoreless streak to 9 games, but he did put in the first shot on the shootout before Jack Johnson scored the game winner. Strong work from the Kings.

I was at the Bruins game tonight, they tried real hard to give the game to Ottawa but just couldn't find a way to get the L tonight.

4th row from the glass, nice seats on occasion but I like being above the action so I can follow the play in both zones.

dafoomie- like you I like to be higher up. At JLA my favorite seats are first row in the second level.

Wings snap a 3 game skid against the Blues. Jimmy Howard played really well.

I bought my girl and I tickets to a Red Wings charity wine tasting and meet & greet. Should be a fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back