2009-2010 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='dafoomie']Saw Gortat complain about a few calls, nothing... Then Rondo gets T'd up for arguing a call.[/QUOTE]

Rondo was given a warning. He continued thus validating his technical.

Don't worry the second Perkins technical will probably be retracted so he should be in Game 6.

[quote name='dafoomie']Dwight Howard gave Big Baby the People's Elbow right in his nose.[/QUOTE]

If the refs had it out for you guys, Joey wouldn't have been watching Big Baby and save him from more harm.

[quote name='lordopus99']If the refs had it out for you guys, Joey wouldn't have been watching Big Baby and save him from more harm.[/QUOTE]

Naw he was just keeping him from running over the sideline ticket holder that was paying his bribe. :lol:

This is turning into one of those heck no you ain't winning this game turns of bad luck you would get in Tecmo Bowl. Seems like everytime the C's get going the Magic answer that 3 by Nelson might be the play of the game

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Paul Pierce has to be my least favorite player in the NBA. He is what is wrong with the NBA.[/QUOTE]
Don't know if I should blame Pierce or Doc for constantly having him iso into a double team at the end of quarters.

Would have been better if the C's just forfeited this game. May be down two big men for game six. This night could not be going much worse

[quote name='dafoomie']Yeah, Joey Crawford's really taking care of the Celtics, not letting them sub out Daniels who is hurt.[/QUOTE]

They could have used a TO, which the Celtics did not do. Obviously, they don't care about their players.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Paul Pierce has to be my least favorite player in the NBA. He is what is wrong with the NBA. [/QUOTE]

I agree.

Man this could be bad for you guys. Worst case, you could be playing Game 6 without Perkins and Baby.

[quote name='dafoomie']Dwight Howard gave Big Baby the People's Elbow right in his nose.[/QUOTE]

It came close to a rock bottom a couple of times.

[quote name='lordopus99']Suspension for what? Everything was inadvertent.[/QUOTE]
He seems to "inadvertently" hit people in the face a lot. He's sneaky dirty and always has been.

[quote name='dafoomie']He seems to "inadvertently" hit people in the face a lot. He's sneaky dirty and always has been.[/QUOTE]

No... KG is sneaky and dirty. Howard just goes high for boards and comes down hard.

[quote name='lordopus99']No... KG is sneaky and dirty. Howard just goes high for boards and comes down hard.[/QUOTE]

Agreed on both counts.

[quote name='wildcpac']Yup! It's the refs fault that the Magic are hitting most of their threes. It's the refs fault that the Magic are out rebounding the Celtics. It's the Refs fault that the Magic are blocking every other shot taken by the Celtics.[/QUOTE]
I have seen some Lakers fans complaining that the refs let the Suns win. Let's completely ignore the fact that our bench simply outplayed the Lakers starters.

[quote name='yukine']I have seen some Lakers fans complaining that the refs let the Suns win. Let's completely ignore the fact that our bench simply outplayed the Lakers starters.[/QUOTE]

Lakers should be the last to talk. Just watch the Kings/Lakers WCF from several years ago. All of the highlights are on youtube.

Still don't like the Magic's chances for winning again in Boston.

Though they'll be much improved if Davis can't play and Perkin's is suspended (which he will be unless the league overturns one of the technicals. I only watched a bit of the first half, so I have no comment on those. As I said earlier, I won't watch another full game unless it gets to 7.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Still don't like the Magic's chances for winning again in Boston.

Though they'll be much improved if Davis can't play and Perkin's is suspended (which he will be unless the league overturns one of the technicals. I only watched a bit of the first half, so I have no comment on those. As I said earlier, I won't watch another full game unless it gets to 7.[/QUOTE]

If Perkins and Davis are out, there is no way we shouldn't win. Granted, Perkins will most likely be playing. His second technical most likely will be overturned. I think Davis is def not going Friday as his concussion seemed pretty severe. There is no way doctors clear him.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Perkins is in. One technical was rescinded.[/QUOTE]

fucking bullshit in my book. Nice to see the League make exceptions for the Celtics and over turn Refs calls. Do the Lakers and Kings replay their 2002 WCF? Does Patrick Ewing get unsuspended for 1 game in 1997 for walking to the half court to watch a Fight that was 50 feet away. Celtics win game 6 and we are all going to know that they cheated just like every other team from Assachusetts.

They should both be rescinded. Now he's a T away from being suspended in the Finals.

The NBA reviews every technical foul in the postseason. Last year, both Kobe and Howard had their 6th T's of the postseason rescinded.

[quote name='dafoomie']They should both be rescinded. Now he's a T away from being suspended in the Finals.[/QUOTE]

That's if your team from Assachusetts doesn't get Bruined by the Magic.

Dwight Howard will never be suspended for it but Kobe was last year or the year before for the same play. He's throwing his elbows out there to clear space for himself, if you cause injury to someone when you do that, you're responsible. Earlier in the series, he threw his elbow and hit KG in the back of the head, no call in the game but the NBA gave him a flagrant 1 after the fact. He also got that flagrant 1 for pulling down Pierce by his face. He does this all the time.

Eddie F Rush's history with the Celtics goes back 20+ years. He's their Joey Crawford.

I didn't understand why Jameer Nelson wasn't being more aggressive earlier in the series, he's been devastating coming off picks. It doesn't matter what Howard does, they've got to stop Jameer Nelson first and stop giving the other guys open 3's. They can live with Howard getting his and they'll probably let Perkins get away with a little more in Game 6 since they screwed him.

I just want to say Big Baby has redeemed the NBA just a bit in my eyes.

In a world where acting skills often play a more important role than actual court skills, it's a refreshing change of pace.

Here you've got a guy who just got brutally cracked in the face with an elbow. Suffers a concussion, but sees his coach bitching at him and still tries to get up and stumble down court.

That, my friends, is motherfucking HEART.

[quote name='yukine']I have seen some Lakers fans complaining that the refs let the Suns win. Let's completely ignore the fact that our bench simply outplayed the Lakers starters.[/QUOTE]
+1
Suns, please consider utilizing the bench even if it means your starters don't get ample playing time.

It's funny they rescinded the more logical of the two T's. That first one was crap trying to help his teammate up and inadvertently hits Gortat because he is trying to butt rape him

glen_davis.gif

That is outstanding. Since I've had nothing to root for for 10 years now I really really hope the Celtics blow it. I'd love a Suns-Magic finals although the networks would be pissed off.

[quote name='Eltis']I just want to say Big Baby has redeemed the NBA just a bit in my eyes.

In a world where acting skills often play a more important role than actual court skills, it's a refreshing change of pace.

Here you've got a guy who just got brutally cracked in the face with an elbow. Suffers a concussion, but sees his coach bitching at him and still tries to get up and stumble down court.

That, my friends, is motherfucking HEART.[/QUOTE]

He's an idiot (start of the season), but I have to agree. That's giving it your all.

Suns are trying to make a game out of this after being knocked down in the early to mid 2nd quarter. 53-45 Lakers as Artest made a stupid down foul with 0.7 seconds left to give Grant Hill 2 Free Throws. Suns scored 4 in the last 24 seconds. Artest has 3 fouls.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I like how Craig Seger talks up what a big deal this is for Slovenia and how everyone is watching, and then totally butchers the names of Dragic and Vujacic.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, Sager does buy all his clothes from Slovenia, at least :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back