2009-2010 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't like the Celtics going into this game, but Game 7's are always a toss up. Perkins probably won't play, he heard a pop after Kobe swept his leg out from under him.

15 hour flight and I'm sitting next to a Lakers fan. If you read any articles about an AF sergeant going beserk on a flight keep in mind you might be called in as witnesses.

[quote name='jlarlee']15 hour flight and I'm sitting next to a Lakers fan. If you read any articles about an AF sergeant going beserk on a flight keep in mind you might be called in as witnesses.[/QUOTE]
LOL
As a Laker fan, my account of the situation may be skewed ;)

[quote name='dafoomie']Didn't like the Celtics going into this game, but Game 7's are always a toss up. Perkins probably won't play, he heard a pop after Kobe swept his leg out from under him.[/QUOTE]

You can't be serious. Kobe had nothing to do with his injury.

attachment.php

[quote name='thamaster24']I have to say even though it has been an interesting series, no game really ever felt like it was contested. We knew the Lakers had 1,3, and 6 before it was over and the same went for the Celtics in 2,4, and 5... here's to game 7![/QUOTE]

I could literally see any possible outcome in Game 7. Momentum in this series seems to mean nothing. My money's on the Lakers, though obviously I hope I'm wrong.

[quote name='dafoomie']Perkins probably won't play, he heard a pop after Kobe swept his leg out from under him.[/QUOTE]

Even as a fellow Celtics fan I had to laugh at this. That's ridiculous.

[quote name='dafoomie']Didn't like the Celtics going into this game, but Game 7's are always a toss up. Perkins probably won't play, he heard a pop after Kobe swept his leg out from under him.[/QUOTE]

I watched the recap. Kobe did nothing but try to fight for position. Perkins just happened to be sandwiched. Bynum went for the block and came down on him. He landed on his foot incorrectly, hence it being tweak (it looked pretty nasty). Nothing looked intentional about it. Kobe really had no involvement outside of being one side of the sandwich, when he went for the ball.

[quote name='wildcpac']Did that little bitch Rondo get up off of the floor yet? I am still laughing at how stupid he was to run into Ron Artest's elbow. Little bitch got knocked the fuck out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bje2S8CIFeU[/QUOTE]

Yes you are absolutely correct. Rondo CHOSE to run into Artest's elbow. He definitely did not go up for a runner and his momentum carried him into Artest. He decided to be a badass and CHOSE to run into his elbow. :imwithst:

[quote name='munch']You can't be serious. Kobe had nothing to do with his injury.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. I also thought his comment about the Lakers "gooning" it up was pretty funny. Celtics were doing that alot in Game 4 & 5 but hey, its OK if its your team that's doing it. :roll:

[quote name='munch']You can't be serious. Kobe had nothing to do with his injury.[/QUOTE]
It wasn't intentional but Perkins got hurt on a play where Kobe fouled him. Perk went up for a rebound, Kobe ran into his leg and caused him to come down awkwardly.

To say he had nothing to do with it is absurd but there was nothing malicious about it, Kobe just got in the way.

[quote name='Setzer']Exactly. I also thought his comment about the Lakers "gooning" it up was pretty funny. Celtics were doing that alot in Game 4 & 5 but hey, its OK if its your team that's doing it. :roll:[/QUOTE]
I didn't see any elbows to Kobe's face, did you?

That sucks. Would like both teams going at full strength but its not gonna happen. Bynum is hurt and who knows how much time he'll play but Celtics lose Perkins for the whole game. Lakers can't relax tomorrow because Perkins is out....Celtics are still gonna be tough to beat.

[quote name='Setzer']That sucks. Would like both teams going at full strength but its not gonna happen. Bynum is hurt and who knows how much time he'll play but Celtics lose Perkins for the whole game. Lakers can't relax tomorrow because Perkins is out....Celtics are still gonna be tough to beat.[/QUOTE]
this. wish we could see full and healthy squads on both sides. It's gonna be a war anyway, but a gimpy Bynum and missing Perkins sucks.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']I'm pulling for the Celtics starting Nate Robinson at center tomorrow night.[/QUOTE]

Nate and Big baby(Little Adult) to the rescue
shrek-and-donkey-have-been-named-best-movie-couple.jpg

[quote name='dafoomie']I like how Kobe still bitches after every call or non call in a 25 point game.[/QUOTE]
The cameras just show him more because he's Kobe, rayray does it everytime, sheed looks like someone punched him in the face... there's really only a few people who don't bitch to the refs anymore and I can't name them. It's really fucking annoying, I wish ALL players would stop doing it, but ever since the league became about drawing contact and not straight up scoring, it's been like that.

I think every Celtic got their bad game out of the way so game 7 should be good. I have no idea how its going to play out.

I'll be watching it at 4 a.m. local in a tent

Luckily, I'm not a fan of both the Lakers and Celtics so I can sit back and watch a good basketball game in peace

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']In non-Finals news, 76ers traded Dalembert to the Kings for Hawes and Nocioni. Ahhh, the sweet smell of another overpaid 7-foot disappointment.[/QUOTE]

Sixers took on additional years and money to get rid of Stupid Sam.

10 minutes to go!

[quote name='wildcpac']Sixers took on additional years and money to get rid of Stupid Sam.

10 minutes to go![/QUOTE]

Hawes could develop into a very good player I think....

Lakers dominant so far rebounding. 6-1 advantage. Gasol misses 2 free throws.

Holy shit did Kobe get fouled by Wallace.

Refs have swallowed the whistle so far.

Gotta be happy with that quarter as a Celtics fan. Lakers dominated the boards (no shock with Perk out) or it wouldn't even be this close. I like what I'm seeing.

Lakers offense looks shitttttttttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Celtics lead 23-14 after the first quarter. Celtics would have a 20 point lead if the Lakers weren't grabbing a ton of rebounds.

Wow, the Celtics didn't waste any time giving that away, did they? :bomb:

Edit: Hey Ray, if you can't hit a 3 from the sweet spot with no one within 15 feet of you, maybe you should not take it tonight.

Only took a couple of minutes for the Lakers to tie the game up. Lakers could have taken at least a 4 point lead if Jordan Farmer didn't try to play the role of Michael Jordan which swung back to Rondo getting an easy layup.

Ray is killing the Celtics on both ends right now. Not the first game in the series that's been true in either.

The Lakers are shooting 28% and are within 2. Think the Celtics miss Perkins?

Can anyone say honestly that they have any idea how this game is going to turn out? I watch an awful lot of basketball and I can't even venture a guess. Nothing would surprise me.

[quote name='jlarlee']damn did my time translation wrong this doesn't look good the Lakers are shooting that bad and we are not up by 15?[/QUOTE]
Getting killed on the glass and settling for jumpshots offensively. Not making open jumpshots.

Lakers have taken 15 more shots than the Celtics, and 4 more FT's. Celtics picking it up towards the end of the half though.

C's are playing lights out defense, they're daring anybody but Kobe to win the game. Those rebounds are killing them.

[quote name='bvharris']Scalabrine? Really? Really Doc?

Edit: Actually played 14 seconds of passable defense. lol, way to go Red![/QUOTE]

Those were some decent seconds for the guy who's only been activated a few times this postseason. I think this was his first game time he's seen actually.

C's up at the half. A whole lot of game left, but I'm already liking this more than Game 6. We showed up tonight.

[quote name='bvharris']Can anyone say honestly that they have any idea how this game is going to turn out? I watch an awful lot of basketball and I can't even venture a guess. Nothing would surprise me.[/QUOTE]
It won't be close. Whoever wins will win by 8+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back