2009/2010 NFL Thread - Combine Time - Draft 4/22 -

Rams are getting closer to getting that first win....:cry: they do play the Lions in week 8 so that will probably be their best shot.

fucking Vikings had to pull another one out of their ass. I still don't know how good they really are, I think they are pretty good but they haven't played a single tough road game yet so I guess I will just wait and see on them. Their defense can be really good at times but it can be really awful at times too. Unfortunately after tonight they will most likely have a 2 game lead in the North, I don't think my Bears can win in Atlanta tonight.

Wow. Tom Brady just threw his 5th TD pass of the 2nd quarter! In the snow on top of that.

345 yards, 5 tds in a half (most in the 2nd quarter). 45-0 Pats at the half.

Vikings-Ravens was a fun game to watch.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's nice to see Cincinatti play like the crappy team they really are.

Joshua Cribbs is the first player since 1950 to return a kick for a TD and throw an interception in the same game. :lol: /theonlyoffenseClevelandhas[/QUOTE]

You live in Ohio and can't spell Cincinnati?

Jeez.

That's all I have this week. The local CBS affiliate covered the fucking Browns instead of the Bengals, but from all the recaps I read, I didn't want to see Cincy/Houston anyway.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Vikings-Ravens was a fun game to watch.[/QUOTE]

Until Hauschka missed that kick :< tough pill to swallow.

Wonder if Brady will even play a snap in the second half.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']New England in throwbacks again? They're getting as bad as the Cavs.[/QUOTE]
Not up to them, the NFL is making all the AFL teams wear throwbacks for I think 4 games against each other this year because its the 50th anniversary of the AFL.

I do miss Pat the Patriot but not the red. Never made sense that they'd wear the color of their enemy, but they didn't use blue because of the Giants. Never liked the Flying Elvis.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']It's a really questionable call to keep Brady in the game right now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they should pull him for sure. Why risk injury? Plus, I think their backup is a rookie, so he could always use a few snaps in a real game.

Especially now that they just put up another easy td.

Brady's been real rusty up until today, even now he could still be sharper. Its nothing more than getting him some work, not quite the same as playing an actual NFL team but its more realistic than practice.

He'll probably come out now though. The real question for me is, why is Kerry Collins still in the game? Put in Vince Young.

Man, saw the viking game. I was so happy near the end, seeing how the Vikings would finally lose and the guy had to miss the winning FG for Baltimore. Jeez.

Also, what's going on in Philly. Oakland winning? Wow...

[quote name='dafoomie']He'll probably come out now though. The real question for me is, why is Kerry Collins still in the game? Put in Vince Young.[/QUOTE]

Probably a good idea, the Titans need someone to ensure they finish the game with more turnovers than completions.

Wow, can't believe the Raider's beat Philly. Looks like it was an ugly game, but can't complain with as few and far between wins have been lately!

[quote name='Magus8472']Probably a good idea, the Titans need someone to ensure they finish the game with more turnovers than completions.[/QUOTE]

They managed to complete as many passes to the Patriots as they did to their own receivers. And threw in three lost fumbles for good measure.

How much do you want to bet the storyline this week will not be "The Pats are back" but "The Pats ran it up." I'd bet my house.

[quote name='dafoomie']Terrible call on the review, thats as good a catch as I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]

Nah, it was the right call. He was clearly bobbling it.

The Jets have certainly fallen apart the past few weeks.

Based on the way the teams looked today, I'm going to venture that the Pats don't give the division lead back this season.

6-0 BABY!
Life is good.
But damn, we need to smarten up. We were beating the Ravens the whole game and had a huge meltdown in the 4th quarter. That shit can't happen anymore.

Can't wait for the Steelers/Vikings game!

[quote name='Azumangaman']6-0 BABY!
Life is good.
But damn, we need to smarten up. We were beating the Ravens the whole game and had a huge meltdown in the 4th quarter. That shit can't happen anymore.

Can't wait for the Steelers/Vikings game![/QUOTE]

Sure it can. Also, I can't wait either. Hopefully the Steelers can beat them. >_>

[quote name='dbrev42']59-0 anyone? \\:D/ GO PATS![/QUOTE]
Should've been 61-0 but they totally blew the call on the safety. And another 3 if Gostowski doesn't miss a FG.

2 turnovers in the red zone and failed to convert 4th and 6 within the 20 at very end...bears lose 21-14.
I thought we were gonna get blown out then it looked like we could win it.

Yeah if the Bears would've come away with at least a couple field goals on those red zone possessions then on that final drive instead of a TD they would've just needed another one to win.

I noticed that Belicock and the Pats are back to mid season form piling on the Titans. I guess he was still pissed that he lost to the Broncos.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Does somebody have to win this Jets/Bills game?

Both teams are utter ass.[/QUOTE]

I want to know why the fuck CBS thought it would be a splendid idea to stop showing the Patriots game after the start of the 3rd and instead play this crap. No one gives a shit about either team. The Pats' trolling was far more entertaining than watching two shit teams poke at each other.

[quote name='Chitown021']I noticed that Belicock and the Pats are back to mid season form piling on the Titans. I guess he was still pissed that he lost to the Broncos.[/QUOTE]

Congrats, this is the stupidest thing I will read today. It's a professional football game, and yet the starting QB was still out of the game one drive after the half when "Belicock" had no obligation whatsoever to pull him. The "piling it on" whining meme was one of the most pathetic things to come out of football fandom in the last decade, I'm relieved to see it is still in mid season form as well.

[quote name='bvharris']Congrats, this is the stupidest thing I will read today. It's a professional football game, and yet the starting QB was still out of the game one drive after the half when "Belicock" had no obligation whatsoever to pull him. The "piling it on" whining meme was one of the most pathetic things to come out of football fandom in the last decade, I'm relieved to see it is still in mid season form as well.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. Cry the fuck some more.

Bears red zone play pissed me off last night. Happy to see my Vikes win even if they had problems with defense near the end AGAIN.
Oh and congrats to the Pats for giving me the most entertaining game that Sunday. Did the Titans even show up?

i cant believe im saying this, but i think i would have rather watched the raiders game than watch the jets/bills game cbs forced me to watch.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Bears red zone play pissed me off last night. Happy to see my Vikes win even if they had problems with defense near the end AGAIN.
Oh and congrats to the Pats for giving me the most entertaining game that Sunday. Did the Titans even show up?[/QUOTE]
...yeah they showed up to get their ass kicked!:rofl:Hopefully we won't have another Detroit Lions epidemic on our hands...:wall::mrgreen:...FAIL

[quote name='bvharris'] The "piling it on" whining meme was one of the most pathetic things to come out of football fandom in the last decade, I'm relieved to see it is still in mid season form as well.[/QUOTE]

it's not whining when the Pats go for it on a couple 4th downs. Face it, while no one can argue his success, Belichick is the biggest crybaby in the league (albeit non verbal) and had zero class when it comes to the game. You can make excuses and justify it but Belichick is an a-hole. And if the Pats needed a shot confidence that bad, they are in trouble.

(and I say this as a Broncos fans whose team pretty much own the Pats over the last few years)

Missed the Broncos game, but looking at the Boxscore, it's very similar outside of 3rd down conversions (58% Denver to 18% San Diego) and Eddie Royal's two return TD's. Another good win for Denver.

I have to say that it's weird that there are so many awful teams this year that are spread out evenly, as it seems like every division has an awful team that's worthy of being called one of the worst in the NFL.

[quote name='usickenme']it's not whining when the Pats go for it on a couple 4th downs. Face it, while no one can argue his success, Belichick is the biggest crybaby in the league (albeit non verbal) and had zero class when it comes to the game. You can make excuses and justify it but Belichick is an a-hole. And if the Pats needed a shot confidence that bad, they are in trouble.

(and I say this as a Broncos fans whose team pretty much own the Pats over the last few years)[/QUOTE]
Its more insulting to kick a field goal when you're up 50 points than it is to go for it on 4th down.

Its the Titans job to stop the Patriots from scoring, shame on them for quitting in the 2nd quarter. They didn't even seem angry about it.

[quote name='usickenme']it's not whining when the Pats go for it on a couple 4th downs. Face it, while no one can argue his success, Belichick is the biggest crybaby in the league (albeit non verbal) and had zero class when it comes to the game. You can make excuses and justify it but Belichick is an a-hole. And if the Pats needed a shot confidence that bad, they are in trouble.

(and I say this as a Broncos fans whose team pretty much own the Pats over the last few years)[/QUOTE]

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. How is going for it on 4th down and giving the defense a chance to do their job and stop you more insulting than kicking a 3 point field goal in a 50 point game? What are they supposed to do? Punt from the 10? Take a knee? Use your brain before you type.

[quote name='javeryh']I can't believe the Broncos are 6-0. Can anyone else outside of Denver?[/QUOTE]

its a miracle..ever since that ridicously lucky play

Not a big fan of "piling on," but most situations in which people talk about piling on, it really isn't. In actuality, I don't think you ever, ever see piling on in pro sports. Here's a piling on situation. Under two minutes in the game, the Pats have the ball, and they are in a hurry up offense. That's piling on. Just playing the game out and scoring is not piling on. I mean, these are proud athletes out there. What do you want them to do? Stop playing? The Titans should have stepped up and made some stops.

Yea, if a team is putting points up and you get blown out, who is there to blame but yourself? Do they expect any team to just stop scoring just because?

Unless it's in the last minute of an already decided game, I don't see any problem with a team scoring at will. Besides, it's entertaining to see a high scoring game, even if it is one-sided (unless my team is losing of course =/).

I love when teams pile it on. They are professionals and if they don't like it then make a stop. I think there are benefits to the Patriots beyond just the one win. This might change the course of their season - they now know they can destroy (not just beat) another team if they play well. This game probably gives Brady the confidence to stay in the pocket for a half second longer and gives his teammates reassurance that he is still great. Also, it's not like they risked injury to keep running up the score because Brady was out of there after the first series in the second half. I hate the fucking Patriots but I don't hate them for running up the score when they can.

I don't hate the Patriots... but I couldn't find a Patriot fan before they started winning Super Bowls. Reminds me of an old AOL chatroom where you could tell who won that week by the names being used in the chat room.

However, I was hoping to see them score again and again... I was hoping they would get to 70. They did "shut it down" in the fourth quarter.

In other news, glad to see the hapless Chiefs that I root for finally win a game...

[quote name='CL-Insanity']I don't hate the Patriots... but I couldn't find a Patriot fan before they started winning Super Bowls. [/QUOTE]

Word. This franchise was a complete afterthought 10 years ago. Kind of like the Cardinals, Bucs and Saints historically are. You know they have fans near their hometown but you've never actually met one.

100% agreement here. For me though, it wasn't so much during the superbowl run, as it was the year they almost went undefeated. Then I saw them pop up EVERYWHERE. Oddly enough, after that year, I haven't seen them anywhere near as much.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Yea, if a team is putting points up and you get blown out, who is there to blame but yourself? Do they expect any team to just stop scoring just because?

Unless it's in the last minute of an already decided game, I don't see any problem with a team scoring at will. Besides, it's entertaining to see a high scoring game, even if it is one-sided (unless my team is losing of course =/).[/QUOTE]

It's not that the Patriots do it... it is how they do it.

The other team at no point in the game was a threat to score, yet the Patriots threw it down the field through the time CBS stopped carrying the game for me (52-0). They did nothing to eat time or run the clock down.

Yes, it's the other team's job to stop them, but the Titans were clearly out matched and uncomfortable. You add the type of conditions they were playing in and, as a coach, you're risking injury to your first team offense while being a jerk...

If you put in your second string and run the ball and still score at will--- no issue.

I don't get how going for a field goal is more insulting than going for it on 4th down when you're up by several TDs and have the win in the bag. Going for the FG gives the ball while going for it on 4th down is taunting the other team and shoving the fact that they can't stop you in their face as you prolong the drive even longer.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']
The other team at no point in the game was a threat to score, yet the Patriots threw it down the field through the time CBS stopped carrying the game for me (52-0). [/QUOTE]Yeah, I was watching, and while not a fan of the Pats and a semi fan of Titans (being from Houston and with the old Oilers uniforms and all), the game up to that point was interesting in a academic kind of way. But after that TD to go up 52-0, I was thankful CBS cut to a much better game in the Bills/Jets.

I must say that it looks like pretty much a fact that the Patriots will run up the score given the opportunity. A couple years ago Joe Gibbs was too classy to call them out on it, but it's true. That's at least one reason many NFL fans don't like the Patriots.

bread's done
Back