2009/2010 NFL Thread - Combine Time - Draft 4/22 -

I love how PETA was disappointed that the Eagles signed Vick taking a will someone please think of the children approach. Hilarious statement coming from people who obviously dont know football as Philly is one of the most ruthless sports cities out there.

Apparently he is suppose to die a slow death even after serving his time. Not surprising coming from a people who compared the Holocaust to a pig slaughter house.

Vick to the eagles is a strange fit but I think it will pan out. Vick seems really hungry to play football again so he just might be able to get himself back into shape. Now that the wildcat has become fairly popular he could make a killing back there if he is still as fast as he used to be.

[quote name='DestroVega']why is it that now Vick is only associated with the Wildcat?[/QUOTE]
Nobody wants to make him their starting QB. A lot of teams wouldn't have wanted him as their starting QB before he went to jail.

He was a great athlete, but mediocre as a passer. Though I'm surprised teams with really shitty starting QB's didn't bring him in to compete for a job.

I'm not sure what the eagles are gonna do with vick besides running the Wildcat and some other trick plays.

Unless Kolb is down with a serious injury...

49ers first preseason game tonight!!

Will be interesting to see how Hill & Smith do. I am hoping and praying that Hill wins the job.

[quote name='DomLando']49ers first preseason game tonight!!

Will be interesting to see how Hill & Smith do. I am hoping and praying that Hill wins the job.[/QUOTE]

Went to the game last night.......Hill looked pretty good.....and he's going to be the starter.....Mike Singletary saw enough.

To all you Fantasy Football virgins.....pick up Vernon Davis.....he's gonna go off this year.

I recorded the Packers game from last night, but it was in standard definition. I tried watching it, but I couldn't. I've been too spoiled by HD channels. At least the NFL Network is showing it in HD tomorrow.

I've been watching bits and pieces of games, including Kyle Orton's brilliant performance against the 49ers, which was entertaining. I'm definitely in a football state of mind.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Went to the game last night.......Hill looked pretty good.....and he's going to be the starter.....Mike Singletary saw enough.

To all you Fantasy Football virgins.....pick up Vernon Davis.....he's gonna go off this year.[/QUOTE]

I hope so. Watched the game on TV and Hill did look good. They seem to be really trying to work Vernon more into the offense this year. How did Coffee look in person? He looked ok on TV and I would like to see him as the backup RB.

id be down for a league. im already the commish of my regular league so im not really up for making and managing another one. but if someone else wants to id be sure to join.

[quote name='cmart05']LMAO Favre is back!

Time for him to throw another 20 INTs![/QUOTE]

As a Vikes fan I want a QB but with that said I want anyone but Farve and the three rejects that we have.

[quote name='spoo']As a Vikes fan I want a QB but with that said I want anyone but Farve and the three rejects that we have.[/QUOTE]

I liked what I saw out of Sage in the first preseason game. I really wish the Vikes would do something (anything) with John David Booty. I really feel with time and effort he has potential to really be something amazing.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I liked what I saw out of Sage in the first preseason game. I really wish the Vikes would do something (anything) with John David Booty. I really feel with time and effort he has potential to really be something amazing.[/QUOTE]

Booty does have the most potential out of the Vikes QB but like you I don't see the Vikes doing anything with him. Maybe, just maybe they will do more with him this week.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I liked what I saw out of Sage in the first preseason game. I really wish the Vikes would do something (anything) with John David Booty. I really feel with time and effort he has potential to really be something amazing.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Wait, were you serious?

Brett Farve is out of retirement , doesn't he ever quit, LOL...i can't see him making it 16 reg. seasons games with the vikes

[quote name='dbrev42']Brett Farve is out of retirement , doesn't he ever quit, LOL...i can't see him making it 16 reg. seasons games with the vikes[/QUOTE]

I can't see him not getting assassinated if he played for Minnesota.

Sage looked terrible during traning camp and looked good only after Indy took out their starting 4 DBs.

He also suffered an injury. I think that's the only reason the Vikes allowed Favre to sign with them after clearly stating they would not if he did not sign before Training Camp. The Vikes are desperate hence the 10-12 mill contract he's going to get.

I don't like it, but he's their best option available at this point. Sage and Tarvaris are terrible.

[quote name='cmart05']Sage looked terrible during traning camp and looked good only after Indy took out their starting 4 DBs.

He also suffered an injury. I think that's the only reason the Vikes allowed Favre to sign with them after clearly stating they would not if he did not sign before Training Camp. The Vikes are desperate hence the 10-12 mill contract he's going to get.

I don't like it, but he's their best option available at this point. Sage and Tarvaris are terrible.[/QUOTE]

They have had two years to try to find a QB but they have been too busy with putting their thumbs in their asses to actually find a QB.

[quote name='spoo']They have had two years to try to find a QB but they have been too busy with putting their thumbs in their asses to actually find a QB.[/QUOTE]

That's not the reason.

The reason is creepy Uncle Brad wanted to justify his picking Jackson way too high.

[quote name='cmart05']Sage looked terrible during traning camp and looked good only after Indy took out their starting 4 DBs.

I don't like it, but he's their best option available at this point. Sage and Tarvaris are terrible.[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize about the Colts starting DBs not being in since I'm not familiar with their line up. I don't feel that Sage was the final definitive solution to be the Vikes QB since I was wanting to see how Tavaris did with the starting players this Friday. Now Favre might start on Friday but who knows. I'm going to be at that game as well.

[quote name='dbrev42']Brett Farve is out of retirement , doesn't he ever quit, LOL...i can't see him making it 16 reg. seasons games with the vikes[/QUOTE]

I was watching ESPN first take this morning, and Dana Jacobson was joking that if Brett Farve never makes the hall of fame, it's because he never allowed the 5 year grace period to take effect.

favrechildress42581809.jpg

:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

I also just got this lovely email from NFLshop:
farvevikings.jpg

:fridge:

Last edited by a moderator:
fuck Brett Farve. That dude is a piece of shit.

This blog is pretty spot on on how much ass Farve sucks.
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2009/08/f—king-lazy-old-c—ksucker-f—k.html

This guy has been in the league for years and years, and he still somehow thinks he doesn’t have to do any of the shit everyone else has to do to win games. He’s the fucking Steve Spurrier of quarterbacking. The fact of the matter is that Brett Favre doesn’t actually love football. Say what you will about Peyton Manning, but that guy genuinely loves the football: studying tape and all that shit. Favre doesn’t. He just loves being a football player. He likes running out having people scream his name and all that shit. That’s all. And that’s fine. I don’t begrudge any man that right. But I don’t want to hear about how he’s coming back for the love of the game. If he loved the game so much, he’d work to NOT fuckING SUCK AT IT WHEN IT COUNTS.

As usual, I agree with DT778 on sports.

I woke up to the news. I'll always respect what Brett Favre did for the Packers, but now, my last little bit of respect for Favre as a person is gone.

Mark the Calendars for October 5th guys.

Vikings vs. Packers on Week 4. Should be a lovely game.

=(

Well on that note, the Packers have looked great so far. Starting line up came out a tad early because they just scored at will =D

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Mark the Calendars for October 5th guys.

Vikings vs. Packers on Week 4. Should be a lovely game.
[/QUOTE]

I think you mean November 1st. While both are Viking vs Packers games, Oct 5th is a home game. Nov 1st is in Lambeau.

[quote name='JStryke']I think you mean November 1st. While both are Viking vs Packers games, Oct 5th is a home game. Nov 1st is in Lambeau.[/QUOTE]

Not that the first game being at the Metro Dome won't stop a bunch of Cheese Heads from flooding on in.

[quote name='JStryke']I think you mean November 1st. While both are Viking vs Packers games, Oct 5th is a home game. Nov 1st is in Lambeau.[/QUOTE]
I just meant his first outing against his former team. God knows what's gonna happen and how hard he'll get hit by his former defensive line, and what the chants will be.

November 1st is gonna be d-day for him, yeesh. :twoguns:

TBH, I'm still a fan of Favre BUT I'm a much bigger fan of the Packers, and I'd like nothing more than for Aaron Rodgers and company to go and blow them out both games.

As a Bears fan I hate everyone and everything involved haha. But in all seriousness I fail to see how this makes the Vikings a much better team, Favre can play well in spurts but he will suck more and more as the season progresses.

Finally get to see the Cowboys new awesome stadium tonight with the World's largest HD-TV screen. Can't wait to see how cool it looks on TV.

Shaun Hill named the 49ers starter!!!! Hopefully this means the end to the Alex Smith era. I really hope Hill gets off to a strong start so they do not even think about replacing him.

[quote name='DJSteel']and the beginning of the.... Shaun Hill era...lol[/QUOTE]

laugh if you want, but if shaun hill plays as well as he played last season then theres a good chance the 49ers will win the nfc west.

Over the second half of last year, once Shaun Hill became the starter, he was top 10 in the NFL in passing yards and touchdowns. In fact, over that time frame he had more touchdown passes than Tony Romo, Jay Cutler and Matt Ryan, among others, and he had more passing yards than Donovan McNabb and, again, Tony Romo.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']laugh if you want, but if shaun hill plays as well as he played last season then theres a good chance the 49ers will win the nfc west.[/QUOTE]

Too lazy but if you check the 07/08.....I was on that Shaun Hill bandwagon.....called that fool Shaun Romo/Tony Hill.....

I say the Seahawks take the decision.....49ers go 8-8.....

Breakout Year: Vernon Davis

Cut: Manny Lawson

Shawne Merriman was arrested for allegedly choking Tila Tequila. That's 8 different kinds of crazy.

I wonder what Tila will have to say about all this on Twitter.

bread's done
Back