2010-2011 NBA Season Thread

[quote name='guyver2077']im just fucking pissed at myself for not securing season tickets earlier[/QUOTE]

Thats actually a shame. Too bad man, that would have been so killer for you. At least you have the hopes of catching a few though, right?

[quote name='wwe101']damn cavs owner Dan Gilbert is bitter as hell

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"
Dan Gilbert[/QUOTE]

Damn Dan
u_mad.jpg

[quote name='advanced']Thats actually a shame. Too bad man, that would have been so killer for you. At least you have the hopes of catching a few though, right?[/QUOTE]

gonna try for opening night atleast..

i know a few ppl that might be down in splitting the costs and sharing tickets.. so we'll see.

Im sure though that the tickets will be swallowed up by the rich and media though

[quote name='guyver2077']gonna try for opening night atleast..

i know a few ppl that might be down in splitting the costs and sharing tickets.. so we'll see.

Im sure though that the tickets will be swallowed up by the rich and media though[/QUOTE]

You've got a point, but hopefully you can. I've tried getting Lakers tickets when they play the C's and all the douchebag Hollywood types snag 'em up leaving the nosebleeds to those who have so its rare that I get to see my team play. Good luck next season (tickets and team). :)

[quote name='Xevious']I threw my LeBrons James shirt in the trash. fuck LEBRON AND fuck THE NBA![/QUOTE]

Damn Xevious
u-mad1.jpg

LOL its not that serious LOL!

[quote name='O00O00O00OO']I'm a Cavaliers fan and I'm not really mad at him, he can play wherever he wants. It's just a game.[/QUOTE]

What you REALLY just said is "My boyfriend is a Cavaliers fan, I don't understand anything".

[quote name='integralsmatic']What effort? your telling me 7 hard years is not effort? please dont give me that. The Cavs finished with the best record in the East and stayed contenders nearly every year he was there. The Cavs failed to put a a good coach and good players around him. Dont tell me Antawn Jamison was the answer because he wasn't. Technically he is going to build and put the effort in because the heat have no one else after Chalmers and Beasley is all but gone. I think he wants a dynasty and not just 1 championship...plus people fail to forget he has a 3rd year opt out agreement. So if he doenst like it..he can move on to another team.

Also He left 30 mill and 1 year on the table and put his numbers at risk. Why does a player who exemplifies non-selfishness starts getting all the hate. I thought fans hated max contract players...just think about it...Joe Johnson is making more money than LeBron James ,Dwade,and Chris Bosch. You cant tell me thats not making the effort to build a championship team.

This is not a super team. They still have tons of holes and have to figure out the dynamic of the team. They have 3 uber talented athletes but does not make them a super team. I think people fail to forget that the Lakers are still the best in the league and Kobe Bryant is stil the best pure bball player in the league(IMHO)..and they have the best coach in league....so as far as i know..the heat are still a WIP.[/QUOTE]

Dont try to make sense here. We are too busy posting hundreds of rumors and defending pointless topics like Starbury. Now we are all busy faking like we had some type of real stake in the NBA and James actually personally hurt our feelings.

And change the thread title to something decent your 10th grade burn on Bron is noted and filed. God damn wildcpac you are a attention whore of the highest caliber.

[quote name='guyver2077']gonna try for opening night atleast..

Im sure though that the tickets will be swallowed up by the rich and media though[/QUOTE]

What's funny is you thinking there's any chance of you getting a ticket for opening night. I bet the entire season is 99% sold out right this minute

[quote name='guyver2077']:( Beasley was just traded to Minnesota for 1st round pick I think[/QUOTE]

No way. That doesnt even make sense....why would you trade a player that can at least put up 14 for next years pick.

That cant be true.

[quote name='Soodmeg']No way. That doesnt even make sense....why would you trade a player that can at least put up 14 for next years pick.

That cant be true.[/QUOTE]

yea sucks..scrolling on espn right now.. wades on the phone right now

I edited.. its actually a 2nd round pick and swap future 1sts

[quote name='Soodmeg']No way. That doesnt even make sense....why would you trade a player that can at least put up 14 for next years pick.

ESPN talked about this the other day. They would be over the cap room if Lebron signed so they needed to free up some money. Right now Beasley has a 5 mil/1 yr contract so right now he's the easiest person for them to trade away.

Definitely true. Beasley for a 2nd round pick. They also agree to swap future first round picks.

Yeah, they've been talking about it all the time. They had to give up Beasley for nothing, and a 2nd round pick is pretty much nothing.

Haven't found a link yet, but it's all over the twitter feed at the top of the google search results.

I think it's odd as well, but I guess they need the space or think they're better off with a couple cheaper guys in his place etc.

Boooo.

I dislike Beasley but damn you just gave the guy away. A first rounder is decent though I guess. I wonder what their role players are going to be..... Beasley and Darko....now that is a front court I would love to have!!

Gilbert helped create this monster but LeBron didn't need to do this to his hometown on national TV.

I'll just keep rooting (Though it's hard) for the Nuggets...

[quote name='Soodmeg']Boooo.

I dislike Beasley but damn you just gave the guy away. A first rounder is decent though I guess. I wonder what their role players are going to be.....[/QUOTE]
Their three 2nd round picks from this year, and the rest will be minimum salary scrubs for the most part, plus Super Nintendo Chalmers.

Beasley pretty much had to go, I was surprised they waited so long to do it.

Good Luck Beasley! Wish you could of stuck around here in Miami.

I'm still a fan of his... if he matures.. he can be a deadly force

This is sad. 10 years ago the NBA was littered with great talent like Kobe, Shaq, Iverson, Vince Carter, Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Jason Kidd, etc. If you were a fan of a team, there was a high percentage that at least one exciting player was on it.

Fast forward to today and you have Chris Paul, LeBron, and Wade...the latter two who both happen to be on the same team. Bosh, Amare, and Dwight Howard are nowhere near the talent of a Garnett or Duncan in their prime. And they don't generate that same type of excitement.

There are barely enough exciting superstars to be spread out in the NBA. Everyone I mentioned in the first paragraph are in the twilight of their careers. To have the top two on the same team in an era where there so few superstars is a shame.

[quote name='Soodmeg']
lbj_board.jpg
[/QUOTE]
QUITNESS :roll:

I have a picture in front of that from my trip to cleveland.. Used to think it was the greatest thing ever. Used to.. :cry:

I just cant stop laughing at the Knicks. All that hype, all that New York swagger, all those celeb. 3 years of planning and intentional loosing games goes up in smoke. And the only thing you could swing was paying max contract for a support player that simply replaces the support player you pissed off and let leave.

Way to fucking fail in all regards Knicks.

All that money and New York lure got you the likes of Amare and Ronny Turiaf, Randolph and Kelenaa Azubuike. Congrats...Knicks way to completely fail.

The question is though, who is Jordan now? My money is on Wade because he's proven in the past that he can lead his team to victory. James not so much.

HOLY MOTHER......Pat Riley is not fucking around. Making even more cap space by trading SuperCoolBeas.

I think they need a solid big man now. No way can Bosh bang bodies against true centers all season long.

Im amazed Shaq hasn't tweeted that hed STILL like to "bring a ring to the King" :lol:

I don't think Shaq is a good fit for that team. He can't run and he'd just clog the paint when what you want is to spread the floor to open up space for LeBron and Wade.

They can't afford Ilgauskas or Brad Miller. Kwame Brown is looking at the kind of money that Miami could pay but he's talking to the Celtics. Ben Wallace supposedly isn't leaving Detroit. Scalabrine might be available though.

You guys need to start thinking small when it comes to the kind of free agents they can get. Its going to be tough for Miami to get anyone that isn't a step away from being out of the league.

Wow, I just read Dan Gilbert's letter on ESPN. He's speaking more from the heart than the head, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'd say maybe he makes bold moves now....but I doubt they'd be good enough.

What kind of insane miracle would that be if the Cavs won before LeBron....it's like the biggest underdog story in sports ever. I'd root for it, I love underdogs.

I do have to agree about LeBron quitting during the playoffs...that last game against the Celtics was a disgrace. But the whole team quit. Even though Coach Brown was yelling at them to try. You knew right then Brown was gone.

[quote name='Soodmeg']
lbj_board.jpg
[/QUOTE]

To the biggest Heel Turn in NBA History and a live sex change. Ledouche went from being a man into being a pussy.

jesus christ.. man these Cleveland guys are taking it rough..

fuck.. I would have been devastated if Wade left, but I wouldnt have cursed him or anything. I would of still been a fan of his.

Would you guys felt the same if he had gone to Chicago or NY?

I'm a Warriors fan (lol, yeah...) so I don't have any personal ties to any the teams involved, but god damn. I'm still shocked that LeBron is going to play with Wade. I was hoping he'd stay in Cleveland.

[quote name='wildcpac']To the biggest Heel Turn in NBA History and a live sex change. Ledouche went from being a man into being a pussy.[/QUOTE]James went from King to Queen. In other words Wades bitch.

[quote name='plong']What you REALLY just said is "My boyfriend is a Cavaliers fan, I don't understand anything".[/QUOTE]

I don't have a boyfriend, I'm afraid I'm not a man of that persuasion. :lol:

Seriously though, not a big deal. We're talking about a game, a bunch of guys tossing a ball around. All the Cleveland fans going mad are just embarrassing themselves, it's very disappointing to see how immature they're acting.

"LeBron James needs to go to another team with two superstars already so he can win a championship,” Gilbert said. “We will win a championship before (the Heat) do.”

LoL, good luck with that in Cleveland, Dan Gilbert.

As a Cavs fan, I'm disappointed in LeBron's decision. He seemed like he was one foot out the door during the playoffs, and now he gets to split shots with Wade and Bosh. I'm not sure if those three can share the floor when they're all used to being the star. From a lazy standpoint, he made the right move - less pressure since he's not carrying the team, more money since there's no income tax, and a bigger market. He'll get his ring eventually though.

Either way, part of me wants him to tear an ACL stepping off the plane.

[quote name='guyver2077']jesus christ.. man these Cleveland guys are taking it rough..

fuck.. I would have been devastated if Wade left, but I wouldnt have cursed him or anything. I would of still been a fan of his.

Would you guys felt the same if he had gone to Chicago or NY?[/QUOTE]

You cannot compare the two. I am not from Ohio so I can only imagine how they feel. Ledouche was the local hometown boy. He was drafted and given free reign by the Cavs for the past 7 years. He made the past several weeks a media circus to serve his own ego. He then has a 1 hour primetime special to announce his decision and breaks up with the Cavs on TV in front of the whole world.

Cavs fans have every right to burn his jersey, curse him out and hate him forever. He screwed over his team in the worst imaginable way.

i hope lebron gets suspended from the nba for life for steroid use, also beasley should plant some weed in lebrons locker before he leaves, instant league suspension:)

bread's done
Back