2010-2011 NBA Season Thread

I heard a rumor that ledouche, Pat the Rat, Mr Herpes and his ugly dinosaur gf are having an orgy with eachother tonight.

[quote name='wwe101']i hope lebron gets suspended from the nba for life for steroid use, also beasley should plant some weed in lebrons locker before he leaves, instant league suspension:)[/QUOTE]

Be easy. What you should be hoping for is the Cavs to file charges with the NBA for tampering. SAS broke this story 2 weeks ago and it sounds like Pat the Rat had Mr Herpes tampering with ugly dinosaur and ledouche. Collusion!

i know this will never happen but how sweet would it be for the cavs to knock out the heat in the first round of the playoffs. if cavs made the 8 seed.

ESPN"s "EXPERT" computer "analysis" says the Heat have a 100% chance of making the Playoffs this year after 10,000 scenarios. They're scenarios clearly suck.

Here's one simulation they forgot to include:
- Bosh, Wade and James all have season ending surgery during/before the season

Out of all the cities Bron was contemplating, miami is the least deserving. Their fans don't give a shit about their sports teams.

I feel for you Clevelanders. I never thought I'd say this but I'll be rooting for the Lakers if they ever face the Heat in the finals.

[quote name='wildcpac']Mike Miller plans to take the 5 year 30 million dollar deal with the Heat.[/QUOTE]
Might be the best free agent they sign from this point on. They likely got a trade exception from the Beasley deal to do this.

He's a good player but they badly need a big banging starting center that isn't Shaq. I'd have spent that money there.

Damn. The amount of friends I have that are still on LeBron's dick trying to tell me I'm the asshole for being pissed he left / the way he left is really annoying. :roll: And especially considering that these are people that aren't cavs fans at all, and haven't watched much of any basketball in the last 7 years outside of daily sportscenter highlights... :bomb:

[quote name='Kendro']This is sad. 10 years ago the NBA was littered with great talent like Kobe, Shaq, Iverson, Vince Carter, Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Jason Kidd, etc. If you were a fan of a team, there was a high percentage that at least one exciting player was on it.

Fast forward to today and you have Chris Paul, LeBron, and Wade...the latter two who both happen to be on the same team. Bosh, Amare, and Dwight Howard are nowhere near the talent of a Garnett or Duncan in their prime. And they don't generate that same type of excitement.

There are barely enough exciting superstars to be spread out in the NBA. Everyone I mentioned in the first paragraph are in the twilight of their careers. To have the top two on the same team in an era where there so few superstars is a shame.[/QUOTE]

:roll::roll::roll:

Did somebody forget about Kevin Durant, Brandon Roy, Derrick Rose, Deron Williams...

And like I said before, Wade + Bosh + LeBron does not equal instant championship. They have to have a surrounding core (i.e. bench/role players/rebounders/hustlers) to stand a chance at a championship.

All of these people bitching about how "unfair" it is, I think of it completely opposite. Here are three players that will take a hit in the paycheck to have a chance at a championship. Rather than pull a Joe Johnson or Amare, they'll sacrifice some money to get a ring.

I'll give the Heat the edge next season but I feel if they don't form a true "team", natural teams like Orlando and the Lakers will be able to pick them apart.

cavs first move should be to try and dump jamison somewhere. if we can do this, i like our salary situation. we would have never been stuck with antawn if it wasnt for that dumbass bastard lecock

The Heat should try to get Kurt Thomas and or Jerry Stackhouse for the vet min. Both show they got a lot left in the tank during the playoofs.

OP, why don't you leave the thread title as is without any personal bias in the title name? Someone reported the thread for this issue, and it would be appreciated to keep the thread title as is.

[quote name='antlp89']:roll::roll::roll:

Did somebody forget about Kevin Durant, Brandon Roy, Derrick Rose, Deron Williams...[/QUOTE]

All those guys got the numbers but none of the flair of the superstars I mentioned (maybe Durant). If you were given front row tickets to an All-Star game, who would you be more excited to see. Seriously give it some thought. Kobe, T-Mac, KG, Vince Carter, and Shaq in their prime 10 years ago, or the players you mentioned above?

[quote name='shrike4242']OP, why don't you leave the thread title as is without any personal bias in the title name? Someone reported the thread for this issue, and it would be appreciated to keep the thread title as is.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

So Dan Gilbert guarantees the Cavs win a championship before Lebron does? I don't see how he'll do it, but I would laugh my ass off if it happened.

[quote name='guyver2077']jesus christ.. man these Cleveland guys are taking it rough..

fuck.. I would have been devastated if Wade left, but I wouldnt have cursed him or anything. I would of still been a fan of his.

Would you guys felt the same if he had gone to Chicago or NY?[/QUOTE]

Yeah some of these people are just being so over the top. Its one of the reasons why as much as a sports fan I am I rarely talk about it to people.

This cursing all 3 with season ending injuries just because he doesnt play for the cavs is childish and ignorant. Have of these people are pissed when their teams are neither the Cavs or the Heat.

Seriously...how are you even upset Thunder fans? It has nothing to do with you. If he would have went to the knicks their fans would show how two face they are (including wildcpac) when they jumped for joy.

People need to calm down and realize that they dont actually have a personal stake in the team. This faking that you are sooo hurt and personally offend is ridiculous. Must be the same idiots with the court side seats standing up jawing with the ref trying desperately to be a part of the game.

Also, I have actually met Dan Gilbert several times whiling working. Hell he even showed me around the Fat Headz factory he owns.

But seriously.....he is acting like a bitch. He is acting like the crazy girl you just broke up and cant get over it so she spend her time spreading rumors, constantly bringing you up and trying to make everything look like your fault.

Before Bron no one gave a shit about the Cavs....now you are playing in primetime every game with 30k fans in the seats and another 50k on tv. He saved your city from the horrors of the Browns and Indians. He gave you more than any other player did to a city......sorry you cant ride his coat tails anymore.

[quote name='dafoomie']Might be the best free agent they sign from this point on. They likely got a trade exception from the Beasley deal to do this.

He's a good player but they badly need a big banging starting center that isn't Shaq. I'd have spent that money there.[/QUOTE]

They really don't. They already have 3 dominant scorers. They just need someone to take up space and who can rebound. They have that with Joel Anthony (who is likely to be picked back up). They also drafted two centers.

[quote name='fjordson']I'm a Warriors fan (lol, yeah...) so I don't have any personal ties to any the teams involved[/QUOTE]

Actually, your deal for Lee was terrible (should of just outright signed him), giving away the talented big man of Anthony Randolph. Wildcpac you should be happy with that pick up.

[quote name='wildcpac']Be easy. What you should be hoping for is the Cavs to file charges with the NBA for tampering. SAS broke this story 2 weeks ago and it sounds like Pat the Rat had Mr Herpes tampering with ugly dinosaur and ledouche. Collusion! [/QUOTE]

I told you to brace yourself that NY was not going to get Lebron and you didn't listen. Calm down and just enjoy the rest of free agency. About your comment, if anyone was tampering, it was NY (the fans chanting MVP for him; no other city did that for him).

Dan Gilbert's guarantee is hilarious (what is he? age 5). I thought to myself how sorry a team the Cavs will be next year but then again I remembered that NY, NJ, and Toronto should still suck so the Cavs aren't guaranteed to be the worst team in the East. But there is no possibility that the Cavs will win one prior to James.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Yeah some of these people are just being so over the top. Its one of the reasons why as much as a sports fan I am I rarely talk about it to people.
[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I stay away from sports boards etc. as well.

Sports fans are just ridiculous. All the people bashing him, calling him names etc. who all would be sucking his dick if he'd chosen to play for the team they root for. It's pathetic.

I love sports, but just can't stand the bulk of sports fans so I don't discuss it online, with colleagues etc. like I do other hobbies.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='perdition(troy']can the OP change the title to "I'm a baby and need to grow up"?[/QUOTE]

I am not allowed to call him a Court Jester? Come on. Guy just screwed over Ohio.

[quote name='wildcpac']I am not allowed to call him a Court Jester? Come on. Guy just screwed over Ohio.[/QUOTE]

Don't act like that's why you've got your panties in a bunch. If he'd screwed over Ohio to go to the Knicks you'd be happier than a pig in s$%& and the title would be something like "A LEGEND BEGINS. A CHAMPION IS BORN. WITNESS."

[quote name='bvharris']Don't act like that's why you've got your panties in a bunch. If he'd screwed over Ohio to go to the Knicks you'd be happier than a pig in s$%& and the title would be something like "A LEGEND BEGINS. A CHAMPION IS BORN. WITNESS."[/QUOTE]

LOL I like the title.
Thats normal human emotion to be happy when you get a lucky break and to be sad when you don't. Everybody here me included would have been through the roof if their team landed LBJ. We gotta allow time for people to vent about this. Yes some people are over the top about it. (See letter from Dan Gilbert). LBJ went from hero to villain and there is gonna be backlash. Congrats to Miami!

Well, some people don't take a suggestion appropriately.

The prior OP of this thread is no longer the OP of the thread, so he won't be editing the title any longer.

We shouldn't have this issue any longer. Sorry for the previous issues.

[quote name='bvharris']Don't act like that's why you've got your panties in a bunch. If he'd screwed over Ohio to go to the Knicks you'd be happier than a pig in s$%& and the title would be something like "A LEGEND BEGINS. A CHAMPION IS BORN. WITNESS."[/QUOTE]

1. Him going to NY wouldn't have created some dream team that screws over the NBA for the next 5 years.

2. Even if he did go over to NY, I would have felt bad for Cavs. What Heat fan on here is showing emotion for Cleveland? Try none.

Lebeyotch is a piece of shit who told the Cavs 5 minutes before he made his announcement that he was leaving. The Owner is an idiot for giving Lebeyotch everything he wanted and creating the team around him still doesn't excuse Lebeyotch for his betrayal.

Wade, Bosh and Lebeyotch colluded and conspired for 2 YEARS about this.

[quote name='wildcpac']
2. Even if he did go over to NY, I would have felt bad for Cavs. What Heat fan on here is showing emotion for Cleveland? Try none.
[/QUOTE]

There are Heat fans?

[quote name='bvharris']There are Heat fans?[/QUOTE]

mentioned it yesterday, Jim Rome stated that Heat Fans are really Dolphin Fans looking for free air conditioning. Heats are going to sell tickets all year but their fans aren't going to care until it's the Finals.

[quote name='bvharris']There are Heat fans?[/QUOTE]

There will be now.:) Anyway, I'm thinking the Bulls need to find a shooting guard, since Mike Miller is off the market, I'm not sure who else is out there at this point. Maybe Iverson?

[quote name='docvinh']There will be now.:) Anyway, I'm thinking the Bulls need to find a shooting guard, since Mike Miller is off the market, I'm not sure who else is out there at this point. Maybe Iverson?[/QUOTE]

Iverson? hahahahahahaha. Last thing the Bulls want to do is get Iverson influencing Rose and Noah.

Well, should be quieter in here for a week or so. Some people don't take the hint about behaving from previous stints off of CAG.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please let me know if it happens again.

[quote name='shrike4242']Well, should be quieter in here for a week or so. Some people don't take the hint about behaving from previous stints off of CAG.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please let me know if it happens again.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause:

Just check out the MLB thread when he comes back. Not as bad as in here, but still pretty much a dick.

Its not even him being a dick...its him whining all the time with childish comments.

80% of his post were just statements from backwoods rumor sites and the rest was him crying.

Anyway, Skip Bayless (who I barely like) just put it best. Rings erase memories. Kobe was the biggest villain in LA, ran shaq out, quit on his team, ripped on Bynum, demanded a trade....etc...etc....2 rings later he is the king of LA again.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Its not even him being a dick...its him whining all the time with childish comments.

80% of his post were just statements from backwoods rumor sites and the rest was him crying.

Anyway, Skip Bayless (who I barely like) just put it best. Rings erase memories. Kobe was the biggest villain in LA, ran shaq out, quit on his team, ripped on Bynum, demanded a trade....etc...etc....2 rings later he is the king of LA again.[/QUOTE]

True But Kobe stayed in L.A. Kobe is the leader in L.A. Lebron isn't that in Miami. While Rings will erase memories I think everybody in Cleveland will remember the day the king left the building.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Alright, at least we can temporarily have some decent sports discussions.[/QUOTE]

I'm not even sure I remember how those go, but let's give it a try.

I read that Hollinger projected the Heat to go 61-21, ironically the exact same record the Cavs managed last year.

That seems about right to me without knowing how they're going to put together the rest of the team. Especially with Wade's injury history I wouldn't project them for any more than that from the outset. We'll see who's willing to take the vet minimum to come help.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Its not even him being a dick...its him whining all the time with childish comments.

Anyway, Skip Bayless (who I barely like) just put it best. Rings erase memories. Kobe was the biggest villain in LA, ran shaq out, quit on his team, ripped on Bynum, demanded a trade....etc...etc....2 rings later he is the king of LA again.[/QUOTE]

Moreso of him in the MLB thread, than in here. He was just way over the top in there too.

It's funny how that worked with Kobe. The rape case and all of that stuff, and now it seems as if it never happened. I think the same thing happens when the Heat win with James, assuming this trio does win it all at some point in their contracts.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Alright, at least we can temporarily have some decent sports discussions.[/QUOTE]

But isn't WWE still active? ikik

Lets see where the other pieces fall in free agency. Obviously Miami is the big winner. But the Bulls can make some more noise, though I'll be honest, I don't really know who is left, outside of Raymond Felton....

Too early to make predictions of the heats record with only 4 players (and 3 draft picks, one who's out with a blown ACL) on the current roster.

Need at least a clear 7-8 people on the roster before making projections.

Getting a center is key, without one they won't get through Orlando or Boston.

[quote name='craven_fiend']
It's funny how that worked with Kobe. The rape case and all of that stuff, and now it seems as if it never happened. I think the same thing happens when the Heat win with James, assuming this trio does win it all at some point in their contracts.
[/QUOTE]

People outside of LA still have no great love for Kobe. They love him there because he won.

People in Miami right now surely love LeBron, but the rest of the country is probably pretty sick of the dog and pony show. If he wins there, they'll love him in Miami even more, but they will never forgive him in Cleveland.

bread's done
Back