2010-2011 NBA Season Thread

ARGH! Man, ESPN is brutal sometimes. They have to employ stretch arm strong with how far they reach for most of their stories. Since we have no real stories lets make a montage of people saying that there is no crying in their sports (although there is and we see people do it all the time)

Like always we are going to take rumors and passing comments as facts and run a hundreds stories about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Soodmeg']ARGH! Man, ESPN is brutal sometimes. They have to employee stretch arm strong with how far they reach for most of there stories. Since we have no real stories lets make a montage of people saying that there is no crying in their sports (although there is and we see people do it all the time)

Likee always we are going to take rumors and passing comments as facts and run a hundreds stories about it.[/QUOTE]

tim-tebow-crying-motivational-poster-428-1260227600-111.jpg

'Melo shows why it was worth giving up what the Knicks gave up. Game winning shot to beat Memphis. The best player in basketball missed three straight opportunities to win it for the Heat, while 'Melo sinks it in his first opportunity with the Knicks. Is there still any doubt who got the better of the trade?

[quote name='docvinh']People can hate on Love all they want, but he really is a beast. 52 double doubles in a row is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]Nobody hates on Love.

[quote name='DT778']Nobody hates on Love.[/QUOTE]

I think by "people" he means the analysts that didn't want him on the All-Star team.

Everybody else I talk to absolutely loves the guy and his numbers, but those guys couldn't give him a break. Dude's on a shitty team, but he's still putting up monster numbers nightly. I'm happy he broke the record, and as soon as he hits 56, to beat Elvin Hayes' 55-streak, he'll only behind Wilt for all time instead of just since the merger in 76.

Trying to get some court side tickets to the nets bulls game next week. Only ever been to Boston and NYC (and Cleveland for a playoff game in 08) so I've never had a chance to really get lower level at a decent price. They aren't exactly just giving them away, but its something I've always dreamed of doing, and who knows if or when id get another chance at some seats like this.

[quote name='madbst']'Melo shows why it was worth giving up what the Knicks gave up. Game winning shot to beat Memphis. The best player in basketball missed three straight opportunities to win it for the Heat, while 'Melo sinks it in his first opportunity with the Knicks. Is there still any doubt who got the better of the trade?[/QUOTE]

Denver beat those same Grizzlies 120 to 107. No need for a last second shot to pull out a victory. Denver still got the better end of the deal.

[quote name='advanced']I think by "people" he means the analysts that didn't want him on the All-Star team.

Everybody else I talk to absolutely loves the guy and his numbers, but those guys couldn't give him a break. Dude's on a shitty team, but he's still putting up monster numbers nightly. I'm happy he broke the record, and as soon as he hits 56, to beat Elvin Hayes' 55-streak, he'll only behind Wilt for all time instead of just since the merger in 76.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its not so much people "hating on" Love its the fact that they clearly dont give a shit about a white boy in Minnesota. What he is doing is ridiculous and he should be the top 3 story of every basketball related site in the world....but no....since ESPN is basically TMZ for sports they would rather make up stories so they can force more talk about the Lakers, Cs and Heat.

Love is what separates real basketball fans and bloggers, Fantasy players, relents news chasers and casual fans.

I am not saying that the guy should get MVP but there needs to be something of significance that he gets for breaking historical records like this. At the end of the year he will get a coke and a smile for being the best (or at worst the most consistent) big man in the game. Its a damn shame.

Also, why are we all not going crazy that the Cs lost to the Clippers?

[quote name='madbst']'Melo shows why it was worth giving up what the Knicks gave up. Game winning shot to beat Memphis. The best player in basketball missed three straight opportunities to win it for the Heat, while 'Melo sinks it in his first opportunity with the Knicks. Is there still any doubt who got the better of the trade?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lordopus99']Denver beat those same Grizzlies 120 to 107. No need for a last second shot to pull out a victory. Denver still got the better end of the deal.[/QUOTE]

You are both reaching too much in my opinion. The trade was even. One team got a superstar the other got a bunch of up and coming might pan out to be stars but most likely wont. Both teams got exactly what they want I cant even see how people keep arguing against that. Got to stop taking potential as fact.

Damn it Triple post sorry.

But its hilarious how Kenny, Ernie and Charles mail it in sometimes for the TNT halftime show. Kenny looks like he is falling asleep sometimes.

They are still the best halftime show though.

Heat are looking decent in the Laker game but its close and we all know how well they do in close games.

http://www.kansascw.com/kscw/news/ktla-sacramento-kings-anaheim-move,0,3317540.story

The trademark filing was reportedly made on March 3rd by Sacramento attorney Scott Hervey and Nevada based company Crickets Corp.

Hervey also represents the Maloof family, who owns the Kings.

The US Patent and Trademarks website listed at least four names the Crickets Corp has filed for: Los Angeles Royals, Anaheim Royals, Orange County Royals and the Anaheim Royals of Southern California.
RIP Sacramento Kings (1985-2011)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ippPo-ku9Qw

[quote name='Matt Young']Holy shit... 72 first half points for the Bulls against the Hawks.[/QUOTE]

I love when you can hear other stadiums chanting MVP when Derrick Rose is at the free throw line. Btw great Bulls game so far!

A month has passed and the Knicks are even worse than before. Like I said prior, Denver got the best end of the trade.

The tally...
Denver: 10-4
NY: 7-9

Sorry Spike Lee that your team pissed away their future for an overrated player. At least, Ray Allen's mom is there to console you.
261985563-575x397.jpg

[quote name='thefallingscream']Things will get better for the Knicks next season.[/QUOTE]

Not unless they can get a legitimate center and some people who actually play defense.

They went ISO too much at the end of that game against the C's. Melo is good, but he can't win playing 1 on 5 like he was trying. If thats how they close out games, they better build a bigger lead in every game they play.

They were more of a threat when they passed the ball as much as they did in the first two games with the C's. Everybody could hit shots, and with the ball moving, it worked. With Melo being a black hole on offense and a non-factor on defense, I just don't like the addition to the Knicks. If he can change his game and his way, they'll be a strong team.

So the C's have lost 5 of 9 games. Why isnt the world going crazy? The Heat lost 5 games and everyone was so quick to voice how happy and god awful that team was. As well as the Knicks who are struggling just a little bit since their trade.

So I guess I will be the first to say it....OMG the C's fucked up big team in trading K-Perk. They lost their identity! They are now completely soft and have no hope in winning a ring.....the Thunder got a much better deal. I know this because I have learned all I need to know by randomly choosing 10 games out of a 82 game season and forming my opinion from there.

[quote name='Matt Young']Holy shit... 72 first half points for the Bulls against the Hawks.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I was watching the game and like OMG. We were up by 45 points, really making me happy.

[quote name='Soodmeg']So the C's have lost 5 of 9 games. Why isnt the world going crazy? The Heat lost 5 games and everyone was so quick to voice how happy and god awful that team was. As well as the Knicks who are struggling just a little bit since their trade.

So I guess I will be the first to say it....OMG the C's fucked up big team in trading K-Perk. They lost their identity! They are now completely soft and have no hope in winning a ring.....the Thunder got a much better deal. I know this because I have learned all I need to know by randomly choosing 10 games out of a 82 game season and forming my opinion from there.[/QUOTE]

Its kind of expected after last season. You win some, you lose some. We went 27-27 to finish the season last year. But this year, we're also trying to integrate guys just like the Knicks. We just didn't bring in people to be a pillar of our team who has no interest in learning our system and playing within it.

And you're far from the first to say anything about the Perk trade. Actually, living in LA, I've heard a lot better. We won, and beat a majority of the top teams, without Perk and with Shaq. Shaq will be back for the playoffs. With 'Quis going down, we desperately needed a backup 3.

Going on, since you want to compare teams, lets think about this. D'Antoni's system is all about fast paced ball movement. Know someone who doesn't like that? Carmelo Anthony. He likes to set up in the wing and take his guy one on one, and yeah, that works, for him. All it does for his team is take them out of sync. They'll still be in the Playoffs, which is good for them, but they're getting bounced in the first round if they can't learn to closeout games. I feared them more, as a C's fan, when they moved the ball around and had Felton.

[quote name='Soodmeg']C's lost again.[/QUOTE]

The Celtics are definitely having some issues, maybe they needed Perkins more then they thought. I'm not sure the O'Neals will be able to make up for his loss.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']Rose, post all-star break:

40.4% FG
28.4% 3PT (shooting 6 a game, too)

MVP! aka, Iverson in 2001 all over again.[/QUOTE]

And yet I believe they are 15-4 since the break. The reason Rose is the MVP this year is that he had to endure 56 games this year without either Boozer or Noah. There were probably a few in there where he didn't have either. Media attention has certainly played a role in this but there is no doubt that Rose and the Bulls have achieved something special.

LeBron is the league's best all-around player with the exception of long range shooting. Unfortunately, LeBron has put himself in a situation where he will not win the MVP unless he averages a triple-double or right at it. Dwayne Wade simply does too many of the same things right now. As they evolve together they will have a better chance of winning the MVP for themselves.

I think the MVP race comes down to D12 and Rose and really I couldn't pick between the two. Whoever wins more games should win it. More than likely Thibs will win coach of the year, Rose will win MVP, and Pat Riley will win Executive of the year.

Sorry if someone has posted a similar comment a few pages ago but I just think right now for LBJ to get it, it would have to be a Co-MVP with DWade if at all.

Listen I understand what your are trying to say. I think after this year it is either Durant, Wade, LBJ, or D12's award for probably 5-6 years. The Bulls have improved incredibly defensively under Thibs and that should be taken into account.

The thing that people arguing that Rose doesn't deserve it just aren't taking the 56 games without Boozer or Noah into account enough.

Why isn't Chris Paul getting MVP votes, then? He's playing with crappy teammates. Worse than Rose's supporting cast by a long shot. Dallas was a complete mess without Dirk. Cleveland literally fell off the face of the earth without LeBron. Dwight Howard's entire freaking team was changed halfway through the season.

Boozer and Noah can miss 56 games, and Rose can still have an excellent supporting cast. They are not mutually exclusive subjects. You put Deron Williams on the Bulls, and the Bulls are better off.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']Why isn't Chris Paul getting MVP votes, then? He's playing with crappy teammates. Worse than Rose's supporting cast by a long shot. Dallas was a complete mess without Dirk. Cleveland literally fell off the face of the earth without LeBron. Dwight Howard's entire freaking team was changed halfway through the season.

Boozer and Noah can miss 56 games, and Rose can still have an excellent supporting cast. They are not mutually exclusive subjects. You put Deron Williams on the Bulls, and the Bulls are better off.[/QUOTE]

Because the Bulls sit atop the Eastern Conference.

In front of what many commentators assumed was a destined Celtics v Lakers rematch before the year. (After they did a pretty good job of loading their respective benches). I think having Okafor and West is better than being down one Boozer or Noah but that's a different discussion.

What does Cleveland being worse without LeBron mean? LeBron most likely would've been the MVP had he done similar things with Cleveland this year. But he's not with Cleveland. Everyone knew what would happen if he left. Again its all about him and Dwade playing simliar roles. Like I said before one of them can win it but they have to evolve together to do that.

Ultimately who knows what goes through the minds of the MVP voters. It is possible Rose doesn't win it though. It's not 100% decided already. I agree that D12 has a strong case to get it.

[quote name='thamaster24']Because the Bulls sit atop the Eastern Conference.

In front of what many commentators assumed was a destined Celtics v Lakers rematch before the year. (After they did a pretty good job of loading their respective benches). I think having Okafor and West is better than being down one Boozer or Noah but that's a different discussion. [/quote]

Ask Cleveland how that worked last year ;)

As for NO...
Oh the poor mes... you do realize Okafor and West both have been out some games themselves.

To show parity...
Noah > Gortat > Okafor
Boozer > Cousins > West

What does Cleveland being worse without LeBron mean? LeBron most likely would've been the MVP had he done similar things with Cleveland this year. But he's not with Cleveland. Everyone knew what would happen if he left. Again its all about him and Dwade playing simliar roles. Like I said before one of them can win it but they have to evolve together to do that.

Do we really need to explain that to you... Cleveland + Lebron = 61 wins. Cleveland - Lebron = 14 wins. What that means is Lebron carried that team i.e. definition of the best player. As for Rose, Chicago - Rose = a Good Team. What that means is Rose isn't up to MVP level IMO especially since guys at his own position are better than him.

I agree that D12 has a strong case to get it.
The NBA is a guard league. The NBA hates Howard. Look at the shitty fouls they call him on. There is no way he gets the MVP even though he is the most deserving one out there.

[quote name='lordopus99']
Do we really need to explain that to you... Cleveland + Lebron = 61 wins. Cleveland - Lebron = 14 wins. What that means is Lebron carried that team i.e. definition of the best player.
[/QUOTE]

Why I'm even responding to you I don't know but did you see what I said at all? I think everyone and their grandmother knew this was going to happen if he left. That's what I was saying. The whole Cleveland argument is incredibly dumb. The team was built around and for him, yes he was the offensive and mainly the defense who is saying otherwise? It was all based around his isos and penetration to get everyone else open. Everyone knew that team couldn't exist well without him. AND how does that relate to the MVP THIS year? It doesn't!

[quote name='lordopus99']

The NBA is a guard league. The NBA hates Howard. Look at the shitty fouls they call him on. There is no way he gets the MVP even though he is the most deserving one out there.[/QUOTE]

I disagree, if Howard was the most deserving, the Magic would be on top of the Eastern conference. He has plenty of talent surrounding him and they're still not there. He needs to quit complaining and figure out a way to deal with the fouls.

Cleveland getting the win!!!!! Hallelujah

:edit: alright I need to chime in on this. It's not "Cleveland - Lebron = 14 wins." Do you guys not realize more than half the roster got turned over? No Illgauskis, D West and Shaq went to boston, and Varejao and Jamison went down for a good part of the year with injuries, and I feel like I'm missing someone else who went either by free agency or trade. Not counting the trade deadline deals. So to say that this team is the same that they were when they had Lebron is kind of an exaggeration. Would they win 61 game strictly without Lebron? No. I'm not arguing that. But the fact remains that this is hardly the team we saw last year. 10 11 and 12th men that would have never seen the light of day last year are taking on big minutes this season. Look at JJ Hickson. He got a few minutes tops in the post season last year. Now he's looking at 30+ minutes a game

Just look at Cleveland's roster now and Cleveland's roster last season. Enough said.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']
Just look at Cleveland's roster now and Cleveland's roster last season. Enough said.[/QUOTE]

Truth. Not to mention that, without LeBron, free agents weren't exactly lining up to join the team.

Gotta be honest though, seeing them beat Boston, LA, and Miami was pretty trippy though. Every dog has its day, right?

I am so sick of the LeBron -Cavs shit. The Cavs are god awful period, LeBron carried them period. They lost a handful of role players and failed to replace any of them period. Are you really trying to convince yourself that loosing D-West (Mo Williams was suppose to be your savior at point but you screwed that up didnt you) Shaq who has been a journeyman ever since he left the Heat and Big I really made a impact on the team? Your cap space is huge without LeBron contract and you couldnt replace role players?

Everything that is happening to the Cavs is the result of their own stupidity. They put everything they had in the Bron basket and got burned and like a middle school girl they will now dress in all black, show up at his house uninvited, put insulting notes in his locker, call his new girlfriend a whore and cry into their body pillow at night. The Cavs will continue to be the joke of the NBA until they get their self esteem back and GET OVER IT. Instead of crying every time Bron comes to town they should be changing their images by hyping the draft and talking about the next Cavs superstar they will bring them back to glory. Whether they find it or not is irrelevant but you cant keep crying about this.

End of story.

Enough of that anyway. The NBA being a guard league is wrong, the only 2 guards they have won MVP in the last 10 years is Nash and Kobe and that random Iverson one. Although Nash won it twice. KG, Shaq, LeBron, Dirk were the other winners.

About the MVP, I completely dont understand/trust the selection crew...to the point in which I dont even want to really talk about it. It seems like a crap shoot popularity contest with no real guidelines as to what the award actually means. Is it best player overall? Most important to their team? Most important to the advancement of the NBA and its image? Do stats even count? How does having good team mates around you influences it?

Until the NBA actually defines what the hell the award means it pure water cooler talk.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I am so sick of the LeBron -Cavs shit. The Cavs are god awful period, LeBron carried them period. They lost a handful of role players and failed to replace any of them period. Are you really trying to convince yourself that loosing D-West (Mo Williams was suppose to be your savior at point but you screwed that up didnt you) Shaq who has been a journeyman ever since he left the Heat and Big I really made a impact on the team? Your cap space is huge without LeBron contract and you couldnt replace role players?

Everything that is happening to the Cavs is the result of their own stupidity. They put everything they had in the Bron basket and got burned and like a middle school girl they will now dress in all black, show up at his house uninvited, put insulting notes in his locker, call his new girlfriend a whore and cry into their body pillow at night. The Cavs will continue to be the joke of the NBA until they get their self esteem back and GET OVER IT. Instead of crying every time Bron comes to town they should be changing their images by hyping the draft and talking about the next Cavs superstar they will bring them back to glory. Whether they find it or not is irrelevant but you cant keep crying about this.

End of story.[/QUOTE]
Are you really trying to convince yourself that none of those guys made any impact on the team whatsoever? Yeah they aren't superstars, but come on that's a stretch. You're really trying to argue that Lebron would win 60+ with a starting lineup of Ramon Sessions, Samardo Samuels, Alonzo Gee and Anthony Parker? Somehow I doubt that. And screwed things up with Mo Williams? I don't even know what that means. You say that and "hyping the draft" (not sure what that means either) in the same post, yet he was traded for another top 5 draft pick? We have 2 potential top 5 picks next year. This entire post doesn't make sense to me. But whatever

[quote name='lordopus99']Do we really need to explain that to you... Cleveland + Lebron = 61 wins. Cleveland - Lebron = 14 wins. What that means is Lebron carried that team i.e. definition of the best player. As for Rose, Chicago - Rose = a Good Team. What that means is Rose isn't up to MVP level IMO especially since guys at his own position are better than him.[/QUOTE]
Actually, it's Cleveland - Lebron - Both Centers + Injuries to Key Players = 14 wins. The 2011 Cavs aren't the same team that played last year and injuries didn't help at all.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Are you really trying to convince yourself that none of those guys made any impact on the team whatsoever? Yeah they aren't superstars, but come on that's a stretch. You're really trying to argue that Lebron would win 60+ with a starting lineup of Ramon Sessions, Samardo Samuels, Alonzo Gee and Anthony Parker? Somehow I doubt that. And screwed things up with Mo Williams? I don't even know what that means. You say that and "hyping the draft" (not sure what that means either) in the same post, yet he was traded for another top 5 draft pick? We have 2 potential top 5 picks next year. This entire post doesn't make sense to me. But whatever[/QUOTE]

You got to be kidding me with this.
This Cavs thing is starting to get brutally annoying. No team gets to play the injury card...injuries happen to every team. I also believe the Bulls lost both their big men for a extend period of time. Kobe plays at 70% every game, Garnetts knees are made of glass....Tim Ducan cant seem to stay on the court and he is averaging career lows. Brandon Roys kneecap blew up. Those players are far more important to their teams than god damn Varejao. (Although I like him)

The point is a role player is just that.. a god damn role player. Find another one...thats what makes them different than superstars. There easier to get. Thats the difference between a smart organization and the Cavs they build a team that works together and can preform at a semi decent level when one piece goes down.I dont care what LeBron would do with a different starting lineup...stop talking about ficational LeBron scenarios. Thats the problem with the Cavs you still want to talk LeBron fairy tales.

This is the result of YEARS of horrid decisions by the Cavs, yes Bron leaving was what brought the building down..but it was a little easier due to the cracks in the foundation. Let me break it down for you so that it might penetrate those Cavs filter you have.

Lets start here. Draft Picks since LeBron.

Luke Jackson - Not in the NBA
Ejike Ugboaja - Never played a single second, not in NBA
Daniel Gibson - Solid back up PG but taken before Paul Milsap who is a better player
Shannon Brown - Took a while to really get it but Cavs gave up on him way before that.
J.J. Hickson - Good player with good upside but could have traded for superstar Amare
Danny Green -Drafted and waived now plays for Spurs
Christian Eyenga - Can barely stay on the squad is constantly being sent to the D-League.

Good job in 7 years you managed to keep 3 players that you drafted, 1 is worthless and the other 2 are solid. I am going to honarable mention that all star PF that you drafted and let leave.....think his name was Carlos Boozer. You do get points for sticking with Varejao when you traded for him.

You spent the entire offseason trying to convince LeBron to stay without even attempting to create a back up plan for when he left. Like I said, I dont think that highly of role players but at least own up to the fact that you let Shaq walk away, let big Z walk away, you fired Mike Brown and most of his staff without even letting them attempt to continue coaching...he only got you the best record in the NBA, for Byron Scott who has done nothing of recent years. Trade Williams which again was suppose to be your starting PG for years to come getting a pick back is great but as you can see your team is god awful at the draft. The only thing you have really done right is trading for Jamison who can put up numbers but plays about the same position as LeBron did and needs the ball in his hands. Dont really see how you thought it was going to work but at least you tried.

The Cavs have done nothing but make horrid decisions for the last 7 years and now you want to shrug your shoulders and say, "well uhh injuries...and some people leaving is why." Naw brah...its because you had one of the worst set up teams in the history of sports.

[quote name='Soodmeg']
Enough of that anyway. The NBA being a guard league is wrong, the only 2 guards they have won MVP in the last 10 years is Nash and Kobe and that random Iverson one. Although Nash won it twice. KG, Shaq, LeBron, Dirk were the other winners.[/quote]
Guard league comment extends more beyond MVP. Who is on the foul line majority of games... yep that's right guards and Bron/Durant. Why you ask... any pussy foul gets called in a guards favor. Big guys have to get damn right taken to the ground in order to get a call unless you are Dwight Howard (a complete other discussion). This is why the NBA is a guard league.

[quote name='docvinh']I disagree, if Howard was the most deserving, the Magic would be on top of the Eastern conference. He has plenty of talent surrounding him and they're still not there. He needs to quit complaining and figure out a way to deal with the fouls. [/quote]

Dwight Howard and gang can only do so much with a terrible offensive coach. Let's all game run pick in rolls at the top of the key or play dish into Howard and have him score or dish out to a 3pt shot. Seriously, the play calling doesn't go any further beyond. Also factor in these big changes... starting lineup rehauled midseason including shipping off Howard's backup, a good player in Gortat. In addition, some key injuries (Bass and Redick). With all that, we are only 6 games back from the leader.

As for Howard and the fouls, here are a few quick youtube search to backup the point. Howard is the only big guy that gets called for this shit. Again, the NBA hates him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36nT2osudy0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwtIe_TmyV8
See 1:09 foul. No other center gets caled for handchecks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIWxNQ6iFm0

Seriously, stop with the nonsense about the NBA hating Dwight Howard. You sound silly. The NBA is a business. Dwight Howard makes the NBA money. They don't hate him. Anytime anyone uses the "x professional league hates my team/player" excuse, it just sounds lame. Do you think they sit around in a dimly lit room and conspire on ways to screw Dwight Howard? Does that really sound like a realistic situation? Or could it just be that referees are human, they make bad calls all the time, and you simply posted a few videos of the bad calls they made against Dwight Howard? Sorry, but no one that shoots as many free throws as Howard can be hated by the league.

As far as the whole LeBron and the Cavaliers argument goes, this Cleveland team is clearly not the same one that surrounded James. If some people cannot see that, I really don't know what to tell them. Would that Cavalier team been good without LeBron? No, but they certainly wouldn't have been the debacle this one has been. Is James a great player? Clearly. Does he add 40 wins by just being on a team? Clearly not.

[quote name='Soodmeg']You got to be kidding me with this.
This Cavs thing is starting to get brutally annoying. No team gets to play the injury card...injuries happen to every team. I also believe the Bulls lost both their big men for a extend period of time. Kobe plays at 70% every game, Garnetts knees are made of glass....Tim Ducan cant seem to stay on the court and he is averaging career lows. Brandon Roys kneecap blew up. Those players are far more important to their teams than god damn Varejao. (Although I like him)

The point is a role player is just that.. a god damn role player. Find another one...thats what makes them different than superstars. There easier to get. Thats the difference between a smart organization and the Cavs they build a team that works together and can preform at a semi decent level when one piece goes down.I dont care what LeBron would do with a different starting lineup...stop talking about ficational LeBron scenarios. Thats the problem with the Cavs you still want to talk LeBron fairy tales.

This is the result of YEARS of horrid decisions by the Cavs, yes Bron leaving was what brought the building down..but it was a little easier due to the cracks in the foundation. Let me break it down for you so that it might penetrate those Cavs filter you have.

Lets start here. Draft Picks since LeBron.

Luke Jackson - Not in the NBA
Ejike Ugboaja - Never played a single second, not in NBA
Daniel Gibson - Solid back up PG but taken before Paul Milsap who is a better player
Shannon Brown - Took a while to really get it but Cavs gave up on him way before that.
J.J. Hickson - Good player with good upside but could have traded for superstar Amare
Danny Green -Drafted and waived now plays for Spurs
Christian Eyenga - Can barely stay on the squad is constantly being sent to the D-League.

Good job in 7 years you managed to keep 3 players that you drafted, 1 is worthless and the other 2 are solid. I am going to honarable mention that all star PF that you drafted and let leave.....think his name was Carlos Boozer. You do get points for sticking with Varejao when you traded for him.

You spent the entire offseason trying to convince LeBron to stay without even attempting to create a back up plan for when he left. Like I said, I dont think that highly of role players but at least own up to the fact that you let Shaq walk away, let big Z walk away, you fired Mike Brown and most of his staff without even letting them attempt to continue coaching...he only got you the best record in the NBA, for Byron Scott who has done nothing of recent years. Trade Williams which again was suppose to be your starting PG for years to come getting a pick back is great but as you can see your team is god awful at the draft. The only thing you have really done right is trading for Jamison who can put up numbers but plays about the same position as LeBron did and needs the ball in his hands. Dont really see how you thought it was going to work but at least you tried.

The Cavs have done nothing but make horrid decisions for the last 7 years and now you want to shrug your shoulders and say, "well uhh injuries...and some people leaving is why." Naw brah...its because you had one of the worst set up teams in the history of sports.
[/QUOTE]
Are we even arguing the same thing? :lol:

All I'm saying is "Cleveland + Lebron = 60+ wins, Cleveland - Lebron = 14 WINS!!! LEBRON JAMES BEST PLAYER TO EVER TOUCH A BASKETBALL!!!! MVP!!!!!!" all that shit is nonsense. They didn't just lose Lebron. And while they aren't going to be playoff contenders even if they did have those "role players," you honestly can't tell me that 1) Lebron would win 60+ with today's starters, or 2) this makes a legitimate claim for Lebron winning an MVP award.

I don't know what basically your argument about Cleveland being a horrible franchise has anything to do with that. :roll:

bread's done
Back