2010-2011 NBA Season Thread

Why not? Brown seemed like a good coach to me. Won a lot of games with just Lebron and a pretty mediocre supporting cast.

That said, I loathe the Lakers and hope they hire a Brian Shaw or Mike Dunleavy and continue to decline.

Are you kidding? Mike Brown was a joke. I think he his plays consisted of letting LeBron do whatever he wanted.

By the way, what the hell was Tommy T doing there on the last play of regulation? Did he draw up a play or just doodle.

[quote name='renique46']Its been pretty much on since the 1st round to set up a pointless rematch where the rosters arent even the same sorry bulls but its just not your year not to mention you ran into http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/Hi-Risk/b7c3bea7.png

Bulls need more scorers asap
[/QUOTE]

Everyone keeps saying the Bulls need more scorers which I understand but the past 2 games, they've gotten the secondary scoring, it's Rose coming up short. MVP only scoring 20-23 points..? Not to mention he shot 30% today with 7 turnovers.

D wade missed his limo cause he wasnt at the game and miami still won sigh looks like the heat win the championship in their first fucking year assembled how sad. now after seeing the success i would not be suprised if the Knicks, OKC, LA, maybe Orlando (if dwight stays) bulls, maybe 1 other team wind up with big 3s in the next 1-2 years

[quote name='renique46']D wade missed his limo cause he wasnt at the game and miami still won sigh looks like the heat win the championship in their first fucking year assembled how sad. now after seeing the success i would not be suprised if the Knicks, OKC, LA, maybe Orlando (if dwight stays) bulls, maybe 1 other team wind up with big 3s in the next 1-2 years[/QUOTE]

Knicks = no money.
LA = no money.
Orlando = no money.
Bulls = no money.

Good luck with that thinking.

[quote name='Kaelestis']Everyone keeps saying the Bulls need more scorers which I understand but the past 2 games, they've gotten the secondary scoring, it's Rose coming up short. MVP only scoring 20-23 points..? Not to mention he shot 30% today with 7 turnovers. [/quote]

What a great PG stats... :lol: Maybe if he actually played more like one the team could be better.

Yes, he took 27 shots but remember this as well. Noah went 3 for 10 and Korver/bench just didn't do anything. Heck can either of these "great" big men guard Chris Bosh... So to put blame on the one player is just crazy.

I love how everyone acts like they didn't expect the Heat to hand the Bulls their behinds. you just look at the two rosters and its soo obvious. Heat have Lebron, Wade, Bosh. Bulls Have Rose and........ Kyle Korver?

My problem with Rose last night wasn't even the turnovers it was his shot selection in the final 20 seconds. Why settle for 18foot jump shots against Lebron? Yeah he's playing good defense but a guard that fast should still try to drive off of those isolations. Draw a foul, collapse the defense, do something other than two terrible long range shots.

[quote name='lordopus99']Knicks = no money.
LA = no money.
Orlando = no money.
Bulls = no money.

Good luck with that thinking.
[/QUOTE]

There can always be trades/sign and trades.

Wow such harsh words for Rose. I guess that comes with winning the MVP but god damn.

You know what...The 2010 Bulls are the 07 Cavs. Everyone stand around and watch the star for 15 seconds of the shot clock and hope he can pull one out of his ass. This works for the regular season when you are seeing a bunch of different teams but this is the playoffs where a team has 7 games to find your weaknesses.

Their coaching has really let them down in the same way as OKCs coach has. (And Orlando's)

Rose is who he is he is. He clearly is a unique player that will not fit into the traditional PG role so looking that those stat lines and proclaiming that its the reason why they are failing is crazy. Their coach has yet to make any meaningful adjustments to the way they run their offense. (Although NOTE if Rose its that game winner we are not talking about this today) Noah seems to be the best playmaker their offense should start with him at the top of the key and off ball picks to free up rose.

What do the Magic, OKC, Bulls, Knicks have in common? They are all underachieving title contenders who coaches seem to all have the tactic of "dump it to our star and stand around."

[quote name='lordopus99']Knicks = no money.
LA = no money.
Orlando = no money.
Bulls = no money.
[/QUOTE]

I think the answer is.

LA = Completely underachieving team mates in Odom and Bynum and a odd relationship with superstar one day ghost the next in Gasol. As well as HOF GOAT Head Coach that just retired.

Orlando = Questionable head coach with a broken tactic, over the hill stars in Hedo, JR, Gilbert, with very subpar role players. Plus no way to be sure the one superstar that is there will stay.

Bulls = You got Rose, Deng and a bunch of energy guys with no direction.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I
Orlando = Questionable head coach with a broken tactic, over the hill stars in Hedo, JR, Gilbert, with very subpar role players. Plus no way to be sure the one superstar that is there will stay.
[/QUOTE]

I don't think Orlando's role players are subpar. Quentin Richardson, Brandon Bass, J.J. Reddik and Ryan Anderson are a pretty solid set of role players to pair with Howard, Nelson and Jason Richardson as the 3 main options.

The problem, as you noted in your prior post, is the shitty "throw it to Dwight and stand around and watch" offense.

Dwight will never be a 30 ppg type of center. Even with the offense ran totally through him he only averaged 23ppg or so last year, which isn't good for how many touches he gets per game etc.

I see little problem with the roster beyond needing a real back up center for Dwight now that Gortat is gone, and being unable to get one with Arenas and Turkoglu as dead weight with huge contracts that makes them untradable.

The biggest problem is just terrible offensive coaching.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wwe101']I love how everyone acts like they didn't expect the Heat to hand the Bulls their behinds. you just look at the two rosters and its soo obvious. Heat have Lebron, Wade, Bosh. Bulls Have Rose and........ Kyle Korver?[/QUOTE]

Yea because it was a blowout in every heat victory....

oh wait that's right despite them supposedly having their behinds handed to them, the Bulls were in every single game down to the wire and could have won every game they lost but failed to execute down the stretch with bad shot selection,ball movement,bad play calling from Thibs apparently designing the play on a etch a sketch.

look at that final possession before OT. no ball movement, wasted too much clock, didn't penetrate to put the decision in the refs hand even though they were on the heats side the entire series. they could have been easily up 3-1 in the series just as much as Okc could have been. did you even watch the damn games or are you just looking at the box score and saying lol bulls = owned

[quote name='renique46']Yea because it was a blowout in every heat victory....

oh wait that's right despite them supposedly having their behinds handed to them, the Bulls were in every single game down to the wire and could have won every game they lost but failed to execute down the stretch with bad shot selection,ball movement,bad play calling from Thibs apparently designing the play on a etch a sketch.

look at that final possession before OT. no ball movement, wasted too much clock, didn't penetrate to put the decision in the refs hand even though they were on the heats side the entire series. they could have been easily up 3-1 in the series just as much as Okc could have been. did you even watch the damn games or are you just looking at the box score and saying lol bulls = owned[/QUOTE]

*hands you a tissue*

look at that final possession before OT. no ball movement, wasted too much clock, didn't penetrate to put the decision in the refs hand even though they were on the heats side the entire series. they could have been easily up 3-1 in the series just as much as Okc could have been. did you even watch the damn games or are you just looking at the box score and saying lol bulls = owned[/QUOTE]

100% agree. Bulls had every opportunity in the world to close the series 4-0. No joke. That's the truth. The only blowout was the 1st game, where Miami got their asses handed to them. They should have won the series 4-0, but the last 3 games they just completely lost it near the end. You cannot give Miami a 7-10 point lead in the 4th quarter. It's like the Bulls just gassed out and gave up. Each game was seriously close and it was the Bulls series to win. The Bulls have a better all around team. The Heat are basically an NBA Jam team with 3 guys.

Bulls would have won game 4 if they didn't MISS THEIR DAMN FREE THROWS. They missed like 2-3 right near the end of the game that just killed them. You can't pull shit like that in the playoffs. If they would have made them, it would have been game over since Lebron did an offensive foul like a complete dumbass.

Rose was taking some awful shots in the 4th quarter and OT, and they were not running plays to get him to the basket. He really just did not live up to expectations this series. Sloppy execution and turn overs killed them. It's really disappointing to see the Bulls destroy themselves. I have no idea what they need to do in the off season. I really feel like Boozer was a waste of money, and they need to cut their losses with him and get a guy that can score and help Rose out on a permanent basis, because Boozer can't do that. They also need to get a consistent shooter from off the bench, because Korver just stunk it up during the playoffs, especially against the Heat.

Well, he has a point--the games have been close. But close only counts in horseshoes and handgrenades, so there's no point in whining about it.

I don't whine when people say the Magic got blown out by the Lakers in the finals 2 years ago, even though 2 of the losses where in OT and where games the Magic blew in regulation (missed layup at the buzzer in one, missed free throws in the other). A 4-1 series loss is still an ass kicking. And the Bulls look to be heading toward the same.

By the way, did anyone catch that bizarre camera work during the Bulls game? They were coming back from half time, and the camera was focusing on some hot ass women, like focusing around the right side of the arena and literally zooming in on the chicks' bodies. :rofl:

I saw that too but to be honest the cameraman probably didnt think the TD was taking his shot.

As a cameraman when there is a little down time one of the ways we pass the time is to look at hot girls. You can really never risk putting your camera on the ground or being away from the controls so there is very little left to do.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Looks like Mike Brown to coach the Lakers is official. Four years, $18.25 million.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6587752[/QUOTE]

Very interested to see what kind of offense the Lakers run with Mike Brown. The constant isolations for their top guy will have Kobe running on fumes by the time the Playoffs come along. That and his body and game aren't made for that anymore. I don't think he attempted a layup against Dallas until like Game 4. And on the flip side if it's 4 guys watching Kobe posting up for fadeaway's all day it'll be a long season.

Also since they've announced there will be no triangle next year, Derek Fisher might be in trouble.

Well, I think it's a bit faulty to assume that they'll run that type of offense.

I mean with the Cavs you were talking Lebron+ West, Williams, Ilgauskas and Varejao starting. Who the hell else where they going to run plays for? You had two big guys that weren't all that good offensively, and 2 guards who were mostly spot up shooters.

Even if the Lakers have no roster changes (which is unlikely) Kobe+Fisher/Blake, Gasol, Odom, Bynum gives you a lot more options on offense than that crappy Cavs line up.

So I don't think Brown necessarily believes in the throw it to the star and stand around offense. He just didn't have much to work with on the Cavs beyond Lebron scoring and creating shots for their jump shooters.

I think the problem with Mike Brown is that no one believes he was really coaching Bron. Period. It always felt as though Brown coached 10 guys and let Bron do whatever he wanted. A "do this if Bron lets you," sort of mentality.

This is the best stage for Brown as it will prove otherwise if he can actually coach Kobe or if it will be another...only come to me after you go to kobe first.

[quote name='Blackout']100% agree. Bulls had every opportunity in the world to close the series 4-0. No joke. That's the truth. The only blowout was the 1st game, where Miami got their asses handed to them. They should have won the series 4-0, but the last 3 games they just completely lost it near the end. You cannot give Miami a 7-10 point lead in the 4th quarter. It's like the Bulls just gassed out and gave up. Each game was seriously close and it was the Bulls series to win. The Bulls have a better all around team. The Heat are basically an NBA Jam team with 3 guys.

Bulls would have won game 4 if they didn't MISS THEIR DAMN FREE THROWS. They missed like 2-3 right near the end of the game that just killed them. You can't pull shit like that in the playoffs. If they would have made them, it would have been game over since Lebron did an offensive foul like a complete dumbass.

Rose was taking some awful shots in the 4th quarter and OT, and they were not running plays to get him to the basket. He really just did not live up to expectations this series. Sloppy execution and turn overs killed them. It's really disappointing to see the Bulls destroy themselves. I have no idea what they need to do in the off season. I really feel like Boozer was a waste of money, and they need to cut their losses with him and get a guy that can score and help Rose out on a permanent basis, because Boozer can't do that. They also need to get a consistent shooter from off the bench, because Korver just stunk it up during the playoffs, especially against the Heat.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, its what ive been saying all along but somehow let the dumb asses keep thinking that translates to whining :roll:

This damn mike brown nonsense makes no sense, i have no idea what they saw in him that made him their option over tons of worthy choices. Its like they havent seen a single Cavs game where it would be 1 on 5 every possession.

Looks like Asik is done for the season which means its pretty much over now as great as he was playing.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Well, I think it's a bit faulty to assume that they'll run that type of offense.

I mean with the Cavs you were talking Lebron+ West, Williams, Ilgauskas and Varejao starting. Who the hell else where they going to run plays for? You had two big guys that weren't all that good offensively, and 2 guards who were mostly spot up shooters.

Even if the Lakers have no roster changes (which is unlikely) Kobe+Fisher/Blake, Gasol, Odom, Bynum gives you a lot more options on offense than that crappy Cavs line up.

So I don't think Brown necessarily believes in the throw it to the star and stand around offense. He just didn't have much to work with on the Cavs beyond Lebron scoring and creating shots for their jump shooters.[/QUOTE]

True. I guess we've just never seen anything else from Mike Brown though. It'll be interesting. I'm more surprised that Kobe didn't have any say in this.

lol obvious foul by chandler not getting called gg dallas

make up call the other end lol cant spell choke without okc

After these playoffs i wonder who underachieved more Westbrook or Rose

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if Dirk will have nightmares again since they'll most likely face the heat

Amazing the same 3 teams have come out the west since 1999

[quote name='renique46']Wonder if Dirk will have nightmares again since they'll most likely face the heat[/QUOTE]

Unless David Stern, Stu Jackson, Bennett Salvatore, and Danny Crawford decide to fuck the Mavs again he isn't going to be scared. You'd be mentally broken if the opposing team wins a game on a shot that was made after a clear over and back, your best bench player gets suspended for absolutely no reason, and Wade gets to the line when he doesn't even get touched.

Dallas has owned Miami in just about every game that was called straight.

LeBrongif.gif

blowout or not, rose and the bulls have absloutly been shut down on offense. every possesion is a struggle for them, while on the other end, it has been either Lebron or Bosh lighting them up. so they have been getting their behinds handed to them. now go play in traffic.

Edit: Congrats to the Mavs!

I wish the NBA would change the rules about seating. Do fans really need to be sitting right next to the bench? I dont see how we dont have more Ron Artest moments when you have Redneck Randy sitting right next to the head coach.

I dont get why we allow fans to be on the floor with players and coaches, fans are fucking stupid and I am sure they are shouting the most god awful stuff throughout the whole game. I can see why players curse at them and give them the finger.

The Fix is in.

The tech on Gibson . . . while he was walking away from the official.

Reggie Miller is absolutely correct. This is the conference finals. Those kind of BS calls have no place here.

[quote name='docvinh']Deng has been doing a good job on LeBron tonight. What's up with Wade?[/QUOTE]

either Pau gasol possessed him or they drunk from the same powerade source

its amazing that both the bulls and okc could have easily won their series if not for being complete idiots down the stretch.

Also interesting to see that okc/boston trade look like a complete bust in the end that pretty much hurt both teams when it mattered the most, now i see why boston fans never liked the trade.

[quote name='docvinh']Bleh, Rose is choking on these free throws.[/QUOTE]

Free throws were the Achilles' heel back at Memphis. Maybe seeing Chalmers over there brought back bad memories.

Anyway, the only good thing about this is I can go back to ignoring basketball and concentrate on playing LA Noire (I *love* D-Wade, but I cant stand James).

bread's done
Back