2010-2011 NHL Regular Season Thread

[quote name='shieryda']Anyone watching the World Juniors?[/QUOTE]

Watching Nhl on the fly. Wow, I thought US getting bronze was a shock, but Russia winning gold and Canada totally dissolving in the 3rd? YIKES. LOL

Edit: WOW @ Pit vs lightning LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
there is absolutely no reason not to mandate visors in the NHL, every other league in the world does and every playing coming into the league for several years now has worn a visor or cage their whole life

but of course that retarded Don Cherry mentality about it keeps it from happening. it's ridiculous how he invented the stop sign for kids jerseys and has whined about no-touch icing for years but hates visors and everyone who wears them

also Chris Osgood belongs nowhere near the hall of fame, wins for goaltenders are just as meaningless as they are for pitchers

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']the niemi deal doesnt make sense. we need a blue liner, not another goalie. [/QUOTE]

dammit doug wilson, why dont you listen to fans on random forums!

5 game losing streak, niemi starts 4 of the games. niemi's record this year, 9-12-2. meanwhile nittymaki is 12-5-3. I mean cmon! itll be very interesting to see what this team does at the trade deadline. maybe a coaching change? thats what teams do when they get like this, blow up the coaching staff. please just do something, the team has far too much talent to be 11th in the west.

[quote name='shieryda']Why the fuck did Kostopulous not get his ass beat last night after that hit on Stuart? He should have been jumped and beat the fuck down.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dafoomie']The Red Wings don't believe in that stuff.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. There isn't a real what I would call "touch guy" on the Wings at this point. You've seen it. The Wings just take abuse then kill you on the PP. In my opinion the only what I call untouchable is Lidstrom. Someone goes and blasts him then somebody better step up and make them pay. Brad Stuart will be a big loss especially on the PK. The Wings just need to hold ground for a little while. After the All Star break Datsyuk and Cleary will be back then a month after that Osgood and Stuart then Modano hopefully. The boys have been playing very well dispite injuries.

Jan Mursak got his first NHL goal the other night. Remember what I said about this guy going to the tough areas.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYTiy6aTKF0[/media]

The Caps are so off this season. They need to put Ovie, Semin and Backstrom on the same line again to start getting some darn goals.

Oh, and I'm going to the All-Star Game

Nice!

Some superstars in the making this season. Kesler is possessed, Jeff Skinner is kicking so much ass as an 18-year-old rookie, Kessel has been playing well. Also, Logan Couture.

Spending way too much money on cards this year.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']dammit doug wilson, why dont you listen to fans on random forums!

5 game losing streak, niemi starts 4 of the games. niemi's record this year, 9-12-2. meanwhile nittymaki is 12-5-3. I mean cmon! itll be very interesting to see what this team does at the trade deadline. maybe a coaching change? thats what teams do when they get like this, blow up the coaching staff. please just do something, the team has far too much talent to be 11th in the west.[/QUOTE]

They have lot's of problems right now.

"• Patrick Marleau, Dan Boyle, Joe Thornton, Devin Setoguchi, Joe Pavelski, and Niclas Wallin playing to a combined minus-82."

YIKES!

[quote name='KingBroly']Oh, and I'm going to the All-Star Game[/QUOTE]

I'm so sorry.

I'll watch the draft for the game, and tivo the skills competition so I can FFWD through the BS, but the game itself is garbage. Since 93 I remember exactly 2 things about the ASG: Owen Nolan's called shot against Hasek and Ray Bourque's late GWG in Boston. Oh yeah and I think there was a shootout in one before the NHL even dreamed up shootouts?

Nah. going to the All Stars game is fun. Skills competition is the number one thing of course but the game is fun in person. Wouldn't watch it on TV though.

I really wish they'd bring back the Young Stars game to the All-Star weekend schedule.

Also, this has got to be one of the worst seasons for the Wings, in terms of injuries. So crazy.

[quote name='shieryda']Also, this has got to be one of the worst seasons for the Wings, in terms of injuries. So crazy.[/QUOTE]

Pavel Datsyuk - 3 More Weeks
Dan Cleary - 3 More Weeks
Chris Osgood - 5-6 More Weeks
Tomas Holmstrom - 4-5 Weeks
Jimmy Howard - 7-10 Days
Brad Stuart - 6 More Weeks
Mike Modano - Maybe this season, maybe done.

I'd much rather have it this way now compared to last year. Last year the Wings had ten regulars out of the lineup at once in the first half of the season and basically played they're way into the playoffs gathering the most points in the NHL after the All Star break. They expended way too much energy down the stretch getting in and were worn down once the playoffs started. This season they've been able to bank a ton of points and can play decent enough to get in. The team can kind of coast and should get much stronger in the last month. I only worry about Nicklas Lidstrom playing too many minutes with Brad Stuart out of the lineup for 2 months. The Wings really need Kindl to develop into someone who can eat up some minutes in tough situations during this stretch. One great thing is Ruslan Salei has been exactly what this team needed from him this season.

Much needed good game from Gaborik for the Rangers, and this is 3 days after he was benched in the 3rd. The Leafs really suck though.

[quote name='shieryda']Gaborik kinda went off tonight, huh? Sucks about Montreal's injuries last night.[/QUOTE]

He was going for the Ovechtrick :D

Pronger back tonight. I love him in the East.

Wings are rumored to be trying to sign Nabokov. My prediction. Even if they sign him he has a good chance of being claimed off waivers by a competing team. This seems to be the hot trend this season.

[quote name='TC']He was going for the Ovechtrick :D

Pronger back tonight. I love him in the East.

Wings are rumored to be trying to sign Nabokov. My prediction. Even if they sign him he has a good chance of being claimed off waivers by a competing team. This seems to be the hot trend this season.[/QUOTE]

red wings signed nabokov yesterday to a super cheap deal. seems like someone will claim him off waivers though.

the sharks had their best game of the season last night, beating the canucks 2-1 in the SO. niemi also had his best game of the season. im going to cross my fingers that they've turned a corner. theyve put together really nice back to back games.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I wish there was vid of the NHL on Duh Fly that I saw of this guy[/QUOTE]

Datsyuk tried the one where he flips it from behind the net to himself in front of the net in a game and almost scored. I think it was last season.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']red wings signed nabokov yesterday to a super cheap deal. seems like someone will claim him off waivers though.[/QUOTE]

They might have something more intricate in the works. I just don't see the Wings wasting the time or money to go through all this when they know he'll get plucked by another team. Especially since it just happened twice with St. Louis. Who knows though. We'll find out in the next 24 hours.

isles claimed nabokov. not too surprising that he was claimed. i wonder if the wngs will trade for a goalie or just pull someone up to replace ozzie .

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']isles claimed nabokov.[/QUOTE]

From being signed by the Wings to being claimed by the Islanders. That's like being out with some friends and thinking you just have to fart and then full on shitting your pants.

So what exactly will happen since Nabby does not want to report to the Isle? Can the Wings potentially get him if the Isle put him back on waivers? Also how many goalies have the Islanders had play since last season?

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']So what exactly will happen since Nabby does not want to report to the Isle? Can the Wings potentially get him if the Isle put him back on waivers? Also how many goalies have the Islanders had play since last season?[/QUOTE]

If he goes back on waivers he can still be claimed by another team before the wings can claim him. The islanders can also suspend him until he reports, which could mean he won't even play this year. At least that was my understanding when the explained it on hockey night in canada last night.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I like the part where (on NHL on duh fly) he said he wanted to take a team to get the cup. LOL[/QUOTE]

Did you hear? He got a chauffeur's license.

My 3-year-old son apparently thinks Grabner is better than Grabovski now. He told me I could be Grabovski and he'd be Grabner (during our basement carpet hockey game over the weekend).

Some younger guys getting some cups of coffee lately with the big clubs. Looking forward to Upper Deck Series 2 next month...

I need Washington to go on a huge losing streak so I can feel more comfortable about the lightning. I wish Brad Richards would've stayed on the team, I couldn't imagine how much awesome there would be with all the current players and him.

[quote name='Beatofficer']I need Washington to go on a huge losing streak so I can feel more comfortable about the lightning. I wish Brad Richards would've stayed on the team, I couldn't imagine how much awesome there would be with all the current players and him.[/QUOTE]

Awe comon you got Mike Smith out of that deal and look how........well nevermind.

It could either be the end of the road for him, or he can end up playing another 6-7 years without another concussion, there's just no way to know.

People thought Bergeron was done after he received another concussion a month after he came back, but he's been fine ever since. What would worry me is if he can't take a hit without having symptoms, but the hit he took probably would've concussed anybody at least mildly.

Did both Lindros brothers retire because of multiple concussions? I know Brett did, anyways.

Philly vs. Montreal right now. Should be epic.

Speaking on Montreal, is that Canadian_Man's picture in the Zoosk ad banner? Kinda looks like him.

They both did but they tried to play through them and received additional concussions. The way the Flyers medical staff treated Eric is criminal, if you read some of the stories. He once had a punctured lung and they wanted to put him on a commercial plane to Philly to be checked out, he could've died.

[quote name='shieryda']Did both Lindros brothers retire because of multiple concussions? I know Brett did, anyways.[/QUOTE]

Eric should have retired, but kept playing. He was never the same after being murdered by Scott Stevens.

Philly vs. Montreal right now. Should be epic.
It certainly was, but I'm biased.

bread's done
Back